• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tirod

Is anyone available to help me evolve my Scyther real quick? :x

Once I get Scizor, v.2 of my team is complete and I can start gaining levels.

Smilax

Anyone need a Jolly, Speed Boost Torchic with Baton Pass and Curse, I just breeded a bunch of them and I have a lot of male ones and I think like 2 or 3 female ones. IVs are not that good though, but it could be used for breeding

Holmes

I want to try out a Crobat as a lead Pokemon, with Taunt, U-Turn, Brave Bird, and either Defog or Roost. I'm afraid of Stealth Rock damage, though. But Crobat's speed, Infiltrator ability, and its ability to U-Turn after taunting appeals to me.

What's the best way to check a Pokemon's ability in a horde battle?

spiritfox

I want to try out a Crobat as a lead Pokemon, with Taunt, U-Turn, Brave Bird, and either Defog or Roost. I'm afraid of Stealth Rock damage, though. But Crobat's speed, Infiltrator ability, and its ability to U-Turn after taunting appeals to me.

What's the best way to check a Pokemon's ability in a horde battle?

For Infiltrator, just use a Subber and see who hits through.

Busaiku

LVNW-WWWW-WWW2-SDEW
ST8W-WWWW-WWW2-SDE5

Good stuff Twilt.
I knew Clefable would completely throw you off.
So great seeing 2 Dragon Dances mean absolutely nothing.

Your evil Dragonite is the entire reason I got it.

Firestorm

For new page.
Use your computer's unused wireless connection as a WiFi hotspot. Connect your 3DS to it wirelessly. The program analyzes Pokemon and eggs you and your opponent show for trade and gives you the IVs, Nature, Shiny Value, and other information.

As far as the Shiny part of it goes, a Pokemon is hatched shiny if its Shiny Value matches the trainer's Shiny Value. By analyzing the egg with Instachecker, you can find out the Shiny Value of the egg and then trade it to a trainer with the same Shiny Value to hatch for you so it comes out shiny.

Aggrotek

Use your computer's unused wireless connection as a WiFi hotspot. Connect your 3DS to it wirelessly. The program analyzes Pokemon and eggs you and your opponent show for trade and gives you the IVs, Nature, Shiny Value, and other information.

As far as the Shiny part of it goes, a Pokemon is hatched shiny if its Shiny Value matches the trainer's Shiny Value. By analyzing the egg with Instachecker, you can find out the Shiny Value of the egg and then trade it to a trainer with the same Shiny Value to hatch for you so it comes out shiny.

So I can't really do anything with it until they come out with the Mac version. :(

Aggrotek

Because it checks both your Pokemon and your opponent's, you can get someone who has it installed to help you. But yeah, a Mac version should be in the works so hopefully soon!

So I could stock up eggs and hope for someone on that spreadsheet to have the same SV?

Tenck

That Instacheck thing needs some explaining for someone who's just awaken. I checked my SV through Wondertrade. My SV is 1768. I'd have to find someone else with that value to hatch my Pokemon for it to be Shiny?

Edit: Did another trade and now I get a totally different SV.

That Instacheck thing needs some explaining for someone who's just awaken. I checked my SV through Wondertrade. My SV is 1768. I'd have to find someone else with that value to hatch my Pokemon for it to be Shiny?

Edit: Did another trade and now I get a totally different SV.
The value under trainer SV is yours - that's what other people will use if they get an egg with the same Pokemon SV and want you to hatch it so it becomes shiny.

If you had an egg to hatch, you'd use its PSV and match it up with a trainer with the same TSV to hatch it with them.

Tenck

The value under trainer SV is yours - that's what other people will use if they get an egg with the same Pokemon SV and want you to hatch it so it becomes shiny.

If you had an egg to hatch, you'd use its PSV and match it up with a trainer with the same TSV to hatch it with them.

I get a totally different value now for SV though. Which is what's confusing me now. I thought it was permanent.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I've been breeding Charmander for some Maison antics and I kept getting these 5 IVs missing attack and thinking to myself "goddamn, why can't I get one missing spatk".

Hours later I remember that I was breeding for ones without attack... sigh... I need sleep.

So I've been breeding Charmander for some Maison antics and I kept getting these 5 IVs missing attack and thinking to myself "goddamn, why can't I get one missing spatk".

Hours later I remember that I was breeding for ones without attack... sigh... I need sleep.
I know that feeling. In afraid that even when get the shiny, I'll be in auto mode and release it. I'm so tired of this...

PK Gaming

Anyone need a Jolly, Speed Boost Torchic with Baton Pass and Curse, I just breeded a bunch of them and I have a lot of male ones and I think like 2 or 3 female ones. IVs are not that good though, but it could be used for breeding

Oh i'd love to have one

FC: 5069 4064 3310

Some terms:

PID: Personality value. This number is generated when a Pokemon is encountered, or generated as an egg. It is used to determine gender, nature, ability, and shininess. It is a 32-bit integer.

TID: Trainer ID. Generated along with the secret ID at the start of the game. It is a 16-bit integer, as is the secret ID.

SID: Secret ID. Generated with the trainer ID, this isn't shown to you normally. This along with the TID is used to identify you.

Hex: Hexadecimal numeral system

XOR ( ^ ) : Exclusive or

>>: Right shift (for every one shifted, the number is roughly divided by 2)

----

To determine whether a Pokemon is shiny, the game transforms the above values in a certain way:

TID ^ SID = E

(upper 16 bits of PID) ^ (lower 16 bits of PID) = F

If E ^ F < 16 (this was 8 in G3-5), then the Pokemon is shiny. Due to the properties of XOR, this means that the top 12 bits of E and the top 12 bits of F must match. So, E and F can be shifted down:

E >> 4 == Trainer Shiny Value (TSV)

F >> 4 == Pokemon Shiny Value (PSV)

And that's why those two have to be equal for the result to be a shiny. Also, downshifting 65535 by 4 places it in the range of 0-4095, so the chance of the TSV and PSV matching (and the general chance of a shiny) is 1/4096.

When doing Masuda Method, the game rerolls the PID of an egg up to 5 times trying to make a shiny (so you get 6 chances in total) - the chance there is 6/4096.

As for why the method of hatching eggs with other people works... despite the PID being generated when you get the egg, it's shininess is determined when it hatches apparently, using the TID and SID of the trainer who it hatches for.

Firestorm

Damn. I went from almost pressing Run in this battle to winning it. Tyranitar beast mode activate! EQWG-WWWW-WWW2-SFRQ
Basically I played horribly but they played worse.

I DID IT!
tumblr_mw8qfmla2H1qgz1jao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw8qfmla2H1qgz1jao2_1280.jpg

I found a 2nd male Pyroar to replace the one I traded for the female!!!! In the same FS to! (Got him as I was watching "Racist or Not Racist" on the Daily Show :p)

IT EVEN HAS BETTER IVS AND NATURE than the first!!!

I finally have the whole PRIDE! :D

CrimsonN0

I DID IT!

I found a 2nd male Pyroar to replace the one I traded for the female!!!! In the same FS to! (Got him as I was watching "Racist or Not Racist" on the Daily Show :p)

Now you must take them online and crush everyone.

HawthorneKitty

I know that feeling. In afraid that even when get the shiny, I'll be in auto mode and release it. I'm so tired of this...
Hah, yeah, I'm always afraid when the shinys are not that different from their normal versions. I never do a double-take on releasing too.

I DID IT!

That is seriously awesome! Congrats dude!

Now you must take them online and crush everyone.

OMG, can people see your character in these things?!?!

Would rock the team colors if so!

That is seriously awesome! Congrats dude!

Thanks! My Lion Luck has been on point! I mean, I just thought about it ...

First I get a male Pyroar in the FS after prepping to MM one (and Males are rare in this breed!), it's got crud IVs and nature but w/e, I liked the females more so I made the dumb choice in trading it really fast for a female (cause I figured I wouldn't find any other shinys without the radar ... I only had my Flabebe radar shiny before then).

Find out that males are super rare and MM a female Litleo in 2-3 boxes. THEN I Cute Charmed this beast tonight after begging around Serebii for a trade!

HawthorneKitty

There's a working woman in the huge hotel that has to drink water from the vases... what kind of city is Lumiose!?

I've trained a bunch of Pokemon, but I don't seem able to make a competent team out of them.

Greninja
Toxicroak
Charizard Y
Meowstic M
Tyranitar
Azumarill
Mamoswine
Gyrados
Haxorus
Gengar
Machamp
Mienshao
Talonflame
Dragonite
Aggron

Can't seem to form any strategy out of any of these.

TWILT

Banned
Annddd Oval Charm get! Amazing how easy it was seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos dex by putting a boatload of Bulbasaurs in the GTS, but now breeding will be less of a headache now! :D

CrimsonN0

Skipped out on Multi Battles today to breed and train more pokemon.

Totally forgot Sewaddle and not its evos learned Sticky Web, though. So that was a waste.

Neiteio

I DID IT!

How did you pose them in that picture? Is that a special mode or something? :O

Also, are those shiny? They look a little different.

On another note, had an awesome battle where Carbink was OHKO'd in one hit by Flame Orb Guts Heracross, but Sturdy allowed me to set up Reflect, and to take the hit for Sableye. And that's all I needed to turn the tide and win. In the previous battle, Carbink lasted like 15 turns, lol. Equally useful, in either case. :)

Top Bottom