• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Oh wait, that picture is the puzzle mode in Pokémon Amie. :)

Yup yup, I HATE the higher levels of that game but they're a great way to do group Photos! (Gonna make one with my other shiny color sets later! Wish you could save them like the cam pics though ... so low rez on my cam :/ )

And yeah, all 3 are shiny!

EDIT- what's this I hear about about some checker that allows you to hatch shinys on other peoples games?

Morokh

Managed to breed some 5 IV's Dratini and get a 31/31/31/xx/31/31/ one and a male one with 6 IV's

That opens up the Water 1 type group for me to breed properly !

Started to breed some Smeargle, to make it easier to breed / pass down moves, but I also would like to make one to battle, what should I aim for ?

Also, seeing all those replays with Sableye, I'm wondering how it can be so resilient with such low defense stats, is it just because of the burns, or EV fully invested in defenses ?

Good morn...Instachec...wha? Guess this means Shinies are now just a different kind of persistence (finding someone with a compatible ID). Of course I'm stuck on win 7 starter and screenshots suggests it works by making an adhoc hotspot (can't do that on win 7 starter...)

So from looking at those photos Shiny Pyroar is as bad as Shiny Xatu in terms of "would not have noticed if not for the sparkle animation".

I've got access to the maison now.

Could you please explain the item set out when using power items as well.

Would i need to give the battling pokemon the macho brace then and the pokemon being EV trained the power item?

Also stupid question but im paranoid about this lol, the negative effects are only while holding the item right, once i take off the item any stat decreases for the power items and macho brace go back to normal right?
Way too late, but you equip power item instead of macho brace on the Pokemon being EV trained (EXP all shares base EVs and the hold items give the boosts to that). A power item gives you +4 EVs in their respective stat per Pokemon slain. This means for example you would get 5 EVs instead of 2 EVs. Double with Pokerus is 10 per kill and a horde has 5 so 50 EVs in one battle.

The half speed only applies when holding the item.

So from looking at those photos Shiny Pyroar is as bad as Shiny Xatu in terms of "would not have noticed if not for the sparkle animation".

No, not really at all like that.
tumblr_mv6x1zMUMj1szedvgo1_500.jpg

Tenck

Any of you have Pokemon with Recover that I can breed with Sableye real quickly? Or you do it for me if trust is an issue.

@MathGAF:
So I'm breeding for a togepi and i tried to calculate the odds of getting what i want.

I have:
male togetic 31/31/31/31/31/31 serene grace, wrong nature, destiny knot
female togetic 31/31/31/31/x/x serene grace, calm, everstone

I want:
togepi 31/x/31/31/31/31 serene grace, calm

Because of destiny knot, my parents are passing down 5 IVs, right?
So my result for right IVs only is:
(3/768)+(1/24)+(2/384) = about 5%
The first fraction results from when KP, Def or SpA is generated randomly and the respectively five other IVs are passed down. Second fraction is from when Att is generated randomly and third fraction from when SpD or Init are generated randomly. Am i right so far? Percentage seems a bit low, doesn't it?

Because of the everstone, i get the right nature every time but what's with the ability? How are these passed down? Although both my parents have serence grace i sometimes still get another ability...

Fireblend

Banned
@MathGAF:
So I'm breeding for a togepi and i tried to calculate the odds of getting what i want.

I have:
male togetic 31/31/31/31/31/31 serene grace, wrong nature, destiny knot
female togetic 31/31/31/31/x/x serene grace, calm, everstone

I want:
togepi 31/x/31/31/31/31 serene grace, calm

Because of destiny knot, my parents are passing down 5 IVs, right?
So my result for right IVs only is:
(3/768)+(1/24)+(2/384) = about 5%
The first fraction results from when KP, Def or SpA is generated randomly and the respectively five other IVs are passed down. Second fraction is from when Att is generated randomly and third fraction from when SpD or Init are generated randomly. Am i right so far? Percentage seems a bit low, doesn't it?

Because of the everstone, i get the right nature every time but what's with the ability? How are these passed down? Although both my parents have serence grace i sometimes still get another ability...
Use this: https://googledrive.com/host/0B-87kUxqbOyidFE0UHp1LUtsTkU/iv.html

Afaik, passing down the ability is a 60% chance as long as the female has the one you want.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, the pokemon I've been using have been above lvl50, so I've forgotten, but
are pokemon upleveled to lvl 50 for Battle Spot or Multi Battle?

Tirael

Does anyone have any decent male leftovers in the Field egg group?

Any Eevee, (or evolution,) Chespin, Fennekin, Torchic, Mareep, Whismur, and Scraggy are some of the more common ones, but any male in the Field group will do.

ugoo18

Any advice on what nature, EV spread and IV's for a Florges?

I plan to use it as my wish passer and also teach it Aromatherapy

WonderPup

Hey guys, I'm not seriously thinking about raising one, but the Druddigon love-fest in the model thread made me wonder if there are any good sets Druddigon can run. Anyone?
It really depends on the moveset, team, and battle format. I used a Druddigon with a lot of success in the VGCs back in 2011.

Adamant - Sheer Force
252 HP | 252 Atk | 6 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

But again, it's very situational to place one on a team. This particular (doubles) team was designed to be able to function in an opponent's Trick Room, but also to negate speed through priority moves should faster Pokémon present themselves. It was also my primary switch if my Whimsicott was threatened by fire (typically from a Chandelure). Fire-resist and Sucker Punch won the day for that.

Druddigon fit the team well, but is almost always a substandard choice most of the time.

Felt like Hawlucha was too badass to not include in my team so I bred a Safari one with my Lucario. Didn't take long at all and somehow I ended up with a 6 IV one.

I've Wonder Traded most of them but I've about 5 left. Anyone interested? All 4 IV with Unburden iirc

Felt like Hawlucha was too badass to not include in my team so I bred a Safari one with my Lucario. Didn't take long at all and somehow I ended up with a 6 IV one.

I've Wonder Traded most of them but I've about 5 left. Anyone interested? All 4 IV with Unburden iirc

Definitely! Name him El pájaro.^^

Use this: https://googledrive.com/host/0B-87kUxqbOyidFE0UHp1LUtsTkU/iv.html

Afaik, passing down the ability is a 60% chance as long as the female has the one you want.
Seeing the mathematical quirks in action gives food for thought. I would not have thought wanting 5 IVs from two 4 IV parents (some overlap, each missing one wanted stat) is the same chance as one 4 IV patent and one correct 5 IV parent.

So in relation to the two 4 IV JP Furfrou I have...does Masuda Method work if both parents are the same region but this same region is different to your game language?

I'll probably just make the 5IV child and see how it performs first...

I want one. Could it be Female? Will only be able to trade only 6 hours from now I think.

CrimsonN0

Forgot Azumarill is Fairy, that battle went badly.

This guy has all dragons and was just swept by Mamoswine. How Mamoswine completely outsped a Garchomp is strange, though.

Ultimadrago

Annddd Oval Charm get! Amazing how easy it was seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos dex by putting a boatload of Bulbasaurs in the GTS, but now breeding will be less of a headache now! :D

Yeah, got mine last night the same way. (Thanks Bulbasaur Masuda Method!) Feels great to finally have the Gold Card!

Boogiepop

Does anyone have any decent male leftovers in the Field egg group?

Any Eevee, (or evolution,) Chespin, Fennekin, Torchic, Mareep, Whismur, and Scraggy are some of the more common ones, but any male in the Field group will do.

I've got a good variety of 5IV Mareep lying around if you've got anything decent to offer.

Tirael

I've got a good variety of 5IV Mareep lying around if you've got anything decent to offer.
Not extremely. The best I have is a 4 IV Timid Protean Froakie. I have some BP lying around, maybe I could get you a Battle Maison item?

Edit: Or a 3 IV FEMALE Timid Protean Froakie.

Double Edit: In a Luxury Ball, too. You know you want it.

CrimsonN0

Bisharp saved me.

TEGW-WWWW-WWW2-SSP5
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, two Aegislashes in a row with Flash Cannon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The dream of Gligar passing +6 Agility and a Substitute to Azumarill who Belly Drums has happened.

This is horrible.

A Furfrou who Rests with a Rocky Helmet after Cotton Guarding.

Belly Drum has proven useless for me again.

Boogiepop

Not extremely. The best I have is a 4 IV Timid Protean Froakie. I have some BP lying around, maybe I could get you a Battle Maison item?

Edit: Or a 3 IV FEMALE Timid Protean Froakie.

Double Edit: In a Luxury Ball, too. You know you want it.

Haha, I'm good on the Froakie, but I guess I could send one your way for a Weakness Policy, since I didn't grind one of those out of the Battle Maison yet and wasn't really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom