• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

NEO0MJ

Oops. I was cleaning up. Online now

Thanks for the Hawlucha! I'll try to make good use of it.

I have them in my friend safari if you want to add me. We were going to do a trade for a bergmite anyway weren't we?

I already have a safari with them, but I keep getting them with the ability wonder skin. Anyways I found a a few good parents and am now breeding, not much luck getting any with 4 IVs.
And if you're ready to go online I can give a Bergmite to you right now.

Thanks for the Hawlucha! I'll try to make good use of it.

I already have a safari with them, but I keep getting them with the ability wonder skin. Anyways I found a a few good parents and am now breeding, not much luck getting any with 4 IVs.
And if you're ready to go online I can give a Bergmite to you right now.

I'm at work ATM but I'll drop you a pm when I can trade. I appreciate you hanging on to it for me.

spiritfox

I'm in so much despair right now. I need to choose between Defog and Roost for Crobat.

Defog. Crobat's not going to stay alive long enough for Roost anyway, and Defog's so much more useful.

Yes finally got my Adamant 5IV Trapinch! I have some extra 4IV Trapinches, and 1 5IV neutral nature one. If anyone wants, just ask. I would like a Protean frog if you have one, but anything cool's fine.

They're all in Premier Balls, by the way.

evangd007

Defog. Crobat's not going to stay alive long enough for Roost anyway, and Defog's so much more useful.

Yes finally got my Adamant 5IV Trapinch! I have some extra 4IV Trapinches, and 1 5IV neutral nature one. If anyone wants, just ask. I would like a Protean frog if you have one, but anything cool's fine.

They're all in Premier Balls, by the way.

I have a ton of 4IV Protean frogs. FC is on profile. Give me a minute to get online.

Tiamant

Hey I'm doing good at Battle Maison, round 40 so fa-

Pokemon breeder sent out Latios and Togekiss!

FFFFFFFFUUUUU-!!!!

Edit: won by the skin of my teeth only to lose next round against Marowak&Starmie -__-

Sounds good.

If anyone else wants a 4 IV Protean Froakie let me know, I have about 20 of them.
I'd love one, but I'm not gonna be near my 3DS all day, and I still need to finish White 2 and start Y.... *sigh* Why do I lurk on this topic if I haven't started playing? -_-

Growlie19

170 non-shiny Furfrou. I'm not IV breeding, but I do have 17 with one perfect stat and one with two if anyone's interested. Specifically, there are 2 with HP, 3 with attack, 6 with defense, 3 with special attack, 1 with special defense, and 2 with speed. The two perfect IV one has special attack and special defense.

MicH

170 non-shiny Furfrou. I'm not IV breeding, but I do have 17 with one perfect stat and one with two if anyone's interested. Specifically, there are 2 with HP, 3 with attack, 6 with defense, 3 with special attack, 1 with special defense, and 2 with speed. The two perfect IV one has special attack and special defense.
I ran into a shiny Furfrou an hour into my new Y game last night

I'm sorry :(

DaBoss

Fuck, I don't understand a single thing happening at the Lumiose Gym lol. I need someone to tell me the order of the answers.
Female pokemon can't pass down Hidden Abilities? I can't get a Quick Feet Shroomish even though the female has it ;(
They can.
I seem to remember hearing something about females not being able to pass down hidden abilities when bred with Ditto. Not sure if that's true
It's not true.

MicH

Female pokemon can't pass down Hidden Abilities? I can't get a Quick Feet Shroomish even though the female has it ;(
Are you breeding it with a male Shroomish? Because then it should definitely work. The hidden ability doesn't get passed down everytime, though

I seem to remember hearing something about females not being able to pass down hidden abilities when bred with Ditto. Not sure if that's true

NEO0MJ

They can, but its a 60% chance. You can boost it if you have a male Shroomish with the hidden ability.

Female shroomish with HA + male shroomish with HA= 60% chance for HA

Are you sure of this? When I was breeding Noivern and Pinsir all but a couple of them didn't inherit the HA.

Inotti

It's not true.

Ummm... IIRC

Female shroomish with HA + Ditto = 0% chance for HA
Male shroomish with HA + Ditto = 60% chance for HA
Female shroomish with HA + male shroomish with or without HA= 60% chance for HA
Female shroomish without HA + male shroomish with HA = 0% chance for HA

daripad

Sorry guys, is the male one that has the HA but I just get Effect Spore ones -_- Is it worse than the female or it has more chances? The female has abother ability

Inotti

They can, but its a 60% chance. You can boost it if you have a male Shroomish with the hidden ability.

Are you sure of this? When I was breeding Noivern and Pinsir all but a couple of them didn't inherit the HA.

Up. :) You were just lucky. ^^ (at leat for me it didn't make any difference if male had HA as well or not)

NEO0MJ

Sorry guys, is the male one that has the HA but I just get Effect Spore ones -_- Is it worse than the female or it has more chances? The female has abother ability

It's impossible to do unless you have a female with the hidden ability or if you're using ditto.

Inotti

The female needs to have the HA when breeding with another shroomish. If you only have Male with HA you can breed it with ditto to get HA for the babies. ^^

DaBoss

Ummm... IIRC

Female shroomish with HA + Ditto = 0% chance for HA
Male shroomish with HA + Ditto = 60% chance for HA
Female shroomish with HA + male shroomish with or without HA= 60% chance for HA
Female shroomish without HA + male shroomish with HA = 0% chance for HA
The first one is not true. Try it for yourself. I've used plenty of females with a HA and a Ditto.

Also, are the percentages for males passing it down confirmed? I remember people saying they had a hard time passing down hidden abilities with a male and a Ditto.

PK Gaming

So uh, Mega Gengar

Real Talk: I don't its anywhere near broken.

Maybe when it gets Perish Song lol? People were flipping out for nothing.

Quest1

Does anyone know when Bank goes live? I want to gift my copy of X to an ex GF for Christmas but all my breeding fodder, power items, etc are stuck on it. I have a digital Y version that they need to get moved to. And I had my brother move all my competitives there already. There has to be an easy way tho.

Also, 200 hours and 25 perfect competitive pokemon later, and I'm starting come down off the high. Good thing my PS4 comes in tonight and Zelda next week.

FSLink

Banned
So uh, Mega Gengar

Substitute + Disable is fantastic, and Destiny Bond > Perish Song for the most part especially since Gengar is already really speedy.

I just think people are not using him right, and that he's not as broken as people thought due to priority being popular this early on (Talonflame Brave Birds, Sucker Punches from various Pokemon, etc)

Does anyone know when Bank goes live? I want to gift my copy of X to an ex GF for Christmas but all my breeding fodder, power items, etc are stuck on it. I have a digital Y version that they need to get moved to. And I had my brother move all my competitives there already. There has to be an easy way tho.

Pokemon Bank won't let you store items.

DaBoss

Haha... Okay I belive you. :) Maybe I just followed some gen V breeding guide or something. Sorry.
No need to apologize, you were just posting what you read elsewhere or something.

Yea, it was a thing in pre-Gen 6 thing where the female wouldn't pass down the HA with a Ditto.

Quest1

So uh, Mega Gengar

I haven't seen the light yet either on MGengar, and he's basically my second favorite pokemon ever. I've been using mMawile over MG, only because black sludge sub disable gengar or sash'd gengar is as reliable as mg or do the same things outside MGs massive power. But I'm gonna start giving him a chance soon and seeing what he can do.

Pokemon Bank won't let you store items.

Even from Gen6? I just assumed they were talking about Gen5 transfer. Damn...

Neiteio

So uh, Mega Gengar

Mega Kangaskhan is a good check to Mega Gengar. Switch in the turn Mega Gengar evolves, possibly absorb a STAB Shadow Ball at no damage due to immunity, and then Sucker Punch him next turn.

I'm fairly certain Mega Kangaskhan is the best Mega. Well, unless you count legendaries, then one of the Mewtwos might take the cake.

FSLink

Banned
I haven't seen the light yet either on MGengar, and he's basically my second favorite pokemon ever. I've been using mMawile over MG, only because black sludge sub disable gengar or sash'd gengar is as reliable as mg or do the same things outside MGs massive power. But I'm gonna start giving him a chance soon and seeing what he can do.

Something with Mega Gengar's power and being able to revenge kill very easily due to his speed + power + Shadow Tag, there's no way he's bad.

A Pokemon like Dugtrio who has a similar ability is used a lot to revenge kill certain Pokemon even though Dugtrio's stats are pretty terrible. It's just with how the metagame currently is, there's a lot of priority users that beat up Mega Gengar's frail defenses if he doesn't get a Sub up right away. But as far as revenge killing, Mega Gengar can still do that pretty well especially if you take care of his threats early.

And I have to agree that Mega Kangaskhan is probably one of the better Megas AND it looks like it'll be very good in VGC format too.

DaBoss

Mega Gengar is barely a threat. Gengar is fragile, and so is Mega Gengar. It gains it's Ground weakness too which is not helpful and loses the ability to hold a Focus Sash.

Mega Kangaskhan's ability should be nerfed. A damaging Swords Dance? What the shit? Just don't make secondary effects activate on the second hit and we've got something still strong, but unbroken.

NEO0MJ

Something with Mega Gengar's power and being able to revenge kill very easily due to his speed + power + Shadow Tag, there's no way he's bad.

A Pokemon like Dugtrio who has a similar ability is used a lot to revenge kill certain Pokemon even though Dugtrio's stats are pretty terrible. It's just with how the metagame currently is, there's a lot of priority users that beat up Mega Gengar's frail defenses if he doesn't get a Sub up right away. But as far as revenge killing, Mega Gengar can still do that pretty well especially if you take care of his threats early.

Pretty much. That pokemon is guaranteed a free kill, that's why it's so dangerous. How dangerous though we'll have to wait for. Still, I think it one of the best Megas, at least in theory.

FSLink

Banned
Mega Gengar is barely a threat. Gengar is fragile, and so is Mega Gengar. It gains it's Ground weakness too which is not helpful and loses the ability to hold a Focus Sash.

Well yeah, but that's why I feel it's a good revenge killer, obviously you wouldn't leave it in (if already mega evolved) against an Excadrill or something.

Can you switch on the turn Gengar becomes Mega Gengar?

Switching happens before Mega Evolution so yes.

Didn't that pokemon once have a lot of hype behind it thanks to its unique item?
Marrowak -- Back in the GSC era that item made it attack stat-wise the Mega Mawile of its day (stats capped at 999 in pre-RS era which Marrowak reached with one swords dance), though even with those numbers it still faced many 2-3HKOs...(GSC was very much a stall era)

MicH

Just watched a video of a Mega Pinsir completely ripping stuff apart after one Swords Dance with Quick Attack

I neeeeeed one!

NEO0MJ

Marrowak -- Back in the GSC era that item made it attack stat-wise the Mega Mawile of its day (stats capped at 999 in pre-RS era which Marrowak reached with one swords dance), though even with those numbers it still faced many 2-3HKOs...(GSC was very much a stall era)

I guess so, considering that Curselax was considered the strongest pokemon in the game.

Just watched a video of a Mega Pinsir completely ripping stuff apart after one Swords Dance with Quick Attack

I neeeeeed one!

Careful, despite its high defense it's still pretty fragile. Also, Talonflame will be your bane when using it. If you want I still have a few 4 IV Pinsirs left.

Growlie19

I ran into a shiny Furfrou an hour into my new Y game last night

I'm sorry :(

Don't worry, the 183rd egg was shiny for me! I named it Vader, after both the Sith Lord and my dog. It's best IV is defense, which can only be up to 15 assuming "it definitely has some good stats" means 1-15. Yay, first shiny!

Top Bottom