• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Firestorm

Doubt Pokebank will tell us anything as it would more than likely block any detectable hacks. It's awesome they have an easy indicator for tournament organizers to check once people crack X and Y though. Connecting to Battle Spot or Pokecheck would have been tedious.

Nope. Everyone was wondering what it was for, and now we know.

I actually don't want to find out how it's done, because once it's worked out, people can work a way around it.
To be honest, they will already work around it by simply making Pokemon that are indistinguishable from legitimate ones (like they always have), unless the hack check can somehow look at it from a hardware level.

Fireblend

Banned
I say go for it

Your offensive stats are up to par, and your defense is actual somewhat ideal (Greninja's high speed makes it more likely that it'll take damage from priority moves, where a better defense stat is appreciated).

Most of the super effective special attack moves are going to down it one shot anyway.

And shiny Greninja looks so damn cool.

Timid Nature, [Protean] Ability, and best special and speed are enough qualifiers for use I say. Greninja is a glass cannon and still frail even with the 31 in Def and SDEF, I'd say go for it.

Sounds good :-D seems like I'll be keeping it on my team! Didn't expect to get a shiny without having to use Masuda!

JoeM86

Doubt Pokebank will tell us anything as it would more than likely block any detectable hacks. It's awesome they have an easy indicator for tournament organizers to check once people crack X and Y though. Connecting to Battle Spot or Pokecheck would have been tedious.

If I'm not mistaken, hack checks are built into the registering of teams for tournaments so it is necessary. I doubt actual organisers would use PokéCheck...

NEO0MJ

Dam it! It turn out that what I thought was a 4IV Venonat I was using for breeding was actually a 2IV one, I accidentally released the wrong pokemon X(
No wonder all the offspring had bad IVs.

Korosenai

Dam it! It turn out that what I thought was a 4IV Venonat I was using for breeding was actually a 2IV one, I accidentally released the wrong pokemon X(

Damn, that sucks

I always hate when you're breeding, and you get a good couple, but then they don't like each other so they don't produce eggs.

WonderPup

I just finished hatching my perfect Trick Room Clauncher, and I have several leftover babies that didn't cut the mustard. If anyone wants a 3-4 IV Clauncher, let me know. About half have a 0 IV for speed (which I was shooting for). All are in premier balls, and all are Quiet (+SpA, -Speed).

If you want one, let me know if you want a 0 speed baby or not. I did end up with one baby that was 31/x/31/31/31/x, which is still probably very useful in Trick Room. Just let me know.

Thanks to all the GAFfers that threw hatching powers at me, too!

I had a similar thing happen with Furfrou (replaced a 4IV parent with a 3IV one, found the 5IV one I meant to use when wonder trading the rejects) and then with Mienfoo (trained the wrong 5IV one to level 50).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Don''t worry, I got my first 5IV charmander and then accidentally released it; took another hour or so to get my next one.

Sigmaah

I just finished hatching my perfect Trick Room Clauncher, and I have several leftover babies that didn't cut the mustard. If anyone wants a 3-4 IV Clauncher, let me know. About half have a 0 IV for speed (which I was shooting for). All are in premier balls, and all are Quiet (+SpA, -Speed).

If you want one, let me know if you want a 0 speed baby or not. I did end up with one baby that was 31/x/31/31/31/x, which is still probably very useful in Trick Room. Just let me know.

I'll take that 31/x/31/31/31/x if you don't mind! I got 4v Aron's, rotoms, deinos, Larvestas, and abras for trade!

I did think about the hexagon a few days ago, and only figured that t means that the Pokemon was caught in Kalos (what with the region being a hexagon and whatnot). Neat that it's a sanity check though.

Wichu

Nope. Everyone was wondering what it was for, and now we know.

I actually don't want to find out how it's done, because once it's worked out, people can work a way around it.

The screenshot on the front page of projectpokemon.org shows a (purportedly hacked) Gible with the symbol, suggesting the hack check isn't actually built into the game, but probably run on the online servers (PokéBank?), or that the hack check isn't that good. Hopefully the former.

Soodanim

I've caught Zygarde and Mewtwo, and got myself 48 BP (unspent). Not sure what to do next in the game. I haven't been in the Friend Safari yet (because I have no friends in Pokemon Y, in fact I don't even know how to add friends) and I still need to catch Moltres, but that's it for certainty.

I do know that I want to grow some EV-reducing berries for when Bank hits and I get all of my old Pokes back, so I have that to be getting on with, but apart from the whole breeding for IVs thing (which is kind of last on the list, really) I'm not sure what to do with my time.

Actually, there is that one place you need max style to get into, so I can do that

Suggestions?

CrimsonN0

I'll take a 0 speed one, female if possible.
I guess I've got a few 2-4IV Impish, Immunity Gligars, male or female.

My FC:5000-3009-5859
Name: Crimson

MicH

I like this idea! Do you still have any with 0 IVs in Speed? Trick Room teams have wrecked me online, so I may need to incorporate some slow mons into my team.

I have:
4-5 IV Timid Trace or Synchronize Ralts
4-5 Adamant Beldum
Modest Serene Grace Togepi w/ Nasty Plot (3 and under IVs)
4 IV Modest Gooey Goomy
4 IV Relaxed Ferroseed w/ Leech Seed and Stealth Rocks
4 IV Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash and Stealth Rocks (only males left)
4-5 IV Jolly Scyther

My FC is 2836-0194-8879
Ingame name is Michael

Tirael

Okay so, two 5 IV parents, one with Everstone and the other with Destiny Knot, I have basically a 1 in 6 chance of getting what I want. Halve that for the Ability I want, halve that again for the gender I want. (Yes, gender matters, I have a perfect female with the Ability I want.)

So I basically have a 1 in 24 chance of getting what I want, right? That's just low enough to possibly take a while.

I've caught Zygarde and Mewtwo, and got myself 48 BP (unspent). Not sure what to do next in the game. I haven't been in the Friend Safari yet (because I have no friends in Pokemon Y, in fact I don't even know how to add friends) and I still need to catch Moltres, but that's it for certainty.

I do know that I want to grow some EV-reducing berries for when Bank hits and I get all of my old Pokes back, so I have that to be getting on with, but apart from the whole breeding for IVs thing (which is kind of last on the list, really) I'm not sure what to do with my time.

Actually, there is that one place you need max style to get into, so I can do that

Suggestions?
Try and obtain all the berries, I'm missing one mutation and some of the in-battle ones (some battles have then in scenery and using some moves will knock them off).

Complete the Kalos 'Dex (Articuno and Zapdos will be a pain as you have to trade for those). If you want the more complete Pokedex currently, make sure to visit the cafes that require you to pay in the various towns (people there sometimes show you things like Porygon and Entei, the clerk will also warn you before spending time if there nothing for you to see). The reward for doing so is
Oval Charm, makes eggs more likely

As for friend safari. You add friend codes on the 3DS home screen (the orange icon), try the GAF thread (hopefully there is link in OP) but if want something less personal and quicker reddit and gamefaqs are better (the latter tends to have some threads along the lines of "adding people for safari", reply with your code and add the OP and anyone who says "adding everyone").

Friend Safari Pokemon also help with IV breeding.

WonderPup

I like this idea! Do you still have any with 0 IVs in Speed? Trick Room teams have wrecked me online, so I may need to incorporate some slow mons into my team.

I have:
4-5 IV Timid Trace or Synchronize Ralts
4-5 Adamant Beldum
Modest Serene Grace Togepi w/ Nasty Plot (3 and under IVs)
4 IV Modest Gooey Goomy
4 IV Relaxed Ferroseed w/ Leech Seed and Stealth Rocks
4 IV Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash and Stealth Rocks (only males left)
4-5 IV Jolly Scyther

My FC is 2836-0194-8879
Ingame name is Michael

A Beldum, please. My 0 speeds are getting pretty limited. Counting the speed, I think I'm down to two 31s in their stats.

EDIT: I have one with 0 speed and 3 IVs at 31 still.

MicH

A Beldum, please. My 0 speeds are getting pretty limited. Counting the speed, I think I'm down to two 31s in their stats.

EDIT: I have one with 0 speed and 3 IVs at 31 still.
Thanks man, this helps me out A LOT! Clauncher is one of my favorites of this generations

JoeM86

The screenshot on the front page of projectpokemon.org shows a (purportedly hacked) Gible with the symbol, suggesting the hack check isn't actually built into the game, but probably run on the online servers (PokéBank?), or that the hack check isn't that good. Hopefully the former.

I have a theory on that, though I can't obviously test it.

Basically, that Gible was a legitimate Gible that then got edited into a shiny one. As such, it had the hack check mark already. The next time it goes through one, the mark could be removed.

WonderPup

Thanks man, this helps me out A LOT! Clauncher is one of my favorites of this generations
No problem. Thanks for the Beldum. I've always loved the Beldum/Metagross design.

I play Doubles/VGC exclusively, so my eventual Clawitzer will look something like this:

Clawitzer@(unknown item)
Quiet | 252 HP | 252 SpA | 6 SpD
- Protect
- Heal Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse

Water Pulse deals the same damage as Surf when coming from a Clawitzer due to its Mega Launcher ability, plus it has a 20% chance to confuse the opponent. Dark Pulse gets boosted as if it were a STAB. And instead of healing a teammate for 50%, Clawitzer's heals for 75%.

I think it'll be fun to play with.

DaBoss

I thought the Pentagon would mean caught in Kalos. I guess its cool that they implemented this.

Also, I'm gonna need someone's help figuring out what the IV judge says in Japanese.

I thought the Pentagon would mean caught in Kalos. I guess its cool that they implemented this.

Also, I'm gonna need someone's help figuring out what the IV judge says in Japanese.

Stats:
HP: HP :p
Attack: こうげき
Defense: ぼうぎょう
Special Attack: とくこう
Special Defense: とくぼう
Speed: すばやさ

General comments:
Outsanding: すばらしい のうりょく
Relatively Superior: そうとう ゆうしゅうな のうりょく
Above Average: へいきん いじょうの のうりょく
Decent: まずまずの のうりょく

Specific comments:
Can't Be Beat: さいこうの ちから
Fantastic: すばらしい ちから
Good: かなりの ちから
Decent: まあまあの ちから

DaBoss

Stats:
HP: HP :p
Attack: こうげき
Defense: ぼうぎょう
Special Attack: とくこう
Special Defense: とくぼう
Speed: すばやさ

General comments:
Outsanding: すばらしい のうりょく
Relatively Superior: そうとう ゆうしゅうな のうりょく
Above Average: へいきん いじょうの のうりょく
Decent: まずまずの のうりょく

Specific comments:
Can't Be Beat: さいこうの ちから
Fantastic: すばらしい ちから
Good: かなりの ちから
Decent: まあまあの ちから
Thank you very much!

Wichu

I have a theory on that, though I can't obviously test it.

Basically, that Gible was a legitimate Gible that then got edited into a shiny one. As such, it had the hack check mark already. The next time it goes through one, the mark could be removed.

Yeah, that's what I think as well. The only problem would be if ordinary trading didn't perform a hack check, i.e. you could get traded a marked Pokémon which loses the mark if it gets used in a tournament :/

JoeM86

Yeah, that's what I think as well. The only problem would be if ordinary trading didn't perform a hack check, i.e. you could get traded a marked Pokémon which loses the mark if it gets used in a tournament :/

It's possible that they can and have implemented a hack check with trading. We know it can block trades as seen with Ditto recently, so it's logical.

DaBoss

The fuck is a Gorebyss?
One of the 2 least known Pokemon from Gen 3, the other being Huntail.
Gorebyss:
8fyuAO3.png

Huntail:
btnI2hf.png

Bulbapedia couldn't be arsed to completely get rid of the white on Gorebyss lol.

To be honest, they will already work around it by simply making Pokemon that are indistinguishable from legitimate ones (like they always have), unless the hack check can somehow look at it from a hardware level.

yeah, pretty much

also how's that "fresh metagame" working out, max IV Pokemon still everywhere

JoeM86

I've just been going through and getting clarifications and there's a slim possibility that this might not necessarily be a hack check

While the listing says that if it has the mark it is OK to use, closer reading into the rules of this tournament details that Pokémon transferred over from Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 are not eligible. This could mean that it is in fact a region marker.

Basically, we won't know for sure until Christmas. I have Pokémon from each game and region prepared for transfer so will find out instantly.

It's also interesting that they are blocking out transferred Pokémon from this tournament. If they do it for any other tournaments, it could be them trying to counter the RNG abused Pokémon and hacks anyway.

evangd007

Among the trash I got when I wondered away all of my reject Fletchlings was an Adamant Marvel Scale 5IV Dratini. Thanks Zach, whoever you are!

Suggestions?

Your Pokemon friends are the same as your 3DS account friends. The friend safari is populated by them whether they have Pokemon or not.

Also, work on completing as much of the Kalos pokedex as possible. When you complete it, you get a key item that increases the rate of egg generation. You only need to have seen the Pokemon for this requirement, not owned.

Unicorn

Okay, got a female with hp, Def, SpA, SpD. If anyone has a male clefairy or clefable with at least 3 IVs, one being attack and none in Speed, I would be eternally grateful. Of course, I'd merely need to borrow it for breeding purposes.

Top Bottom