• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

CrimsonN0

GG, GC.

7DMW-WWWW-WWW2-TC7G

Me: Forretress, Galvantula, Shuckle, Scizor, MegaHeracross, Volcarona

VS.

GC: MegaPinsir, Talonflame, Diggersby, Goodra, Rotom-W, Sableye

Not quite sure why I went with Energy Ball at the end instead of Thunder. the higher power and STAB would have finished off Rotom-W?
(Though, even with CompoundEyes I've had it miss).

Mumei

So, I've been trying to breed a perfect Dratini for awhile now, and I'm getting nowhere. I've gotten quite a few with 5IVs, with Attack, Def, SpA, or SpD missing, but never quite what I've been going for.

The two Dratini that I am breeding each have 5IVs perfect, but the one that they are missing is different. Would I better served by having them both have the same IVs perfect and the same one missing? I'm not really sure how this affects my chances, or if there's some other thing I should be ... doing?

Danke~

what's the best friend safari ditto catcher? false swipe/sleep powder combo? maybe stun spore?

Quick balls/Repeat balls. I randomly read somewhere that when Ditto transforms, it copies the target's catchrate, so I lead with Oddish in case the Quick ball fails, but it may or may not be bullshit.

Firestorm

So, I've been trying to breed a perfect Dratini for awhile now, and I'm getting nowhere. I've gotten quite a few with 5IVs, with Attack, Def, SpA, or SpD missing, but never quite what I've been going for.

The two Dratini that I am breeding each have 5IVs perfect, but the one that they are missing is different. Would I better served by having them both have the same IVs perfect and the same one missing? I'm not really sure how this affects my chances, or if there's some other thing I should be ... doing?

Danke~
ColtraineGF's tool linked in the OP says your current setup gives you a 1% chance whereas having them both have the same 5 stats gives you a 0.5% chance, so you're doing it right. I assume you want a mixed set and that's why you're going for 6x flawless?

Parasect can learn False Swipe and Spore. But usually you just need Catching Power and Quick Balls.

I have a female in a Luxury Ball with everything except attack that you can borrow, yeah.

That would be cool, thanks. I have a Japanese Goomy with 4 IVs and I want to try and Masuda for a shiny one

Fury Sense

Danke~
If I understand correctly, your breeding setup basically looks like this

acrP3hA.png

However, if it actually looks like this, then you have inefficiency

W7eW40Q.png

First example: 5IV + 4IV --> Should use Destiny Knot + Everstone
Second example: 4IV + 4IV --> Should use Destiny Knot + Power Item until you have a 5IV mon. Then you breed 5IV mon and an everstone natured mon until you get to the first example.

If you play around with Coltraine's Inheritance Tool, I think you'll understand a lot more. Just note that it DOES include consideration for the non-inherited stat being generated as a perfect stat, so worry about the fractions being complex.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What do you guys run on Klefki?

Thunder Wave
Foul Play
Swagger

and?

heh, Klefki is one annoying Pokemon for my Battle Spot Special strats
so is Aegislash
oh well that's what Talonflame and co are for
on the other hand, lolMalamar

Just played a match.

It eventually came down to my Wobbuffet and his Imposter Ditto. His Ditto was burned from a previous encounter so needless to say it was a slow yet inevitable battle.

He was running down the clock every turn as well but I persevered! I MADE IT!

Ever so slowly.

spiritfox

Anyone not playing in English? Can you catch a Safari Trapinch for me? I'll trade you 4IV Trapinches in exchange.

edit: Or a Ditto is fine too.

Fireblend

Banned
*Checking latest batch of hatched Froakies*

"Huh, why does this one have a red star?"

"..."

"wait a sec..."

"HOLY SHIT"

So, I have a shiny timid protean froakie with perfect defense, sp. atk and speed in a luxury ball. According to MetalKid's calc HP is 18-30 and sp. def is 0-11. Reeeeally tempted to train this one, getting a 5IV one is a pain anyway due to how difficult it is to hatch a female protean and this one has good speed and sp. atk which are the important stats for Greninja, right? What do you guys say?

And to think I wasn't even doing Masuda... second shiny ever!

Guess what, motherf*ckers:

mzBlgQ6l.jpg

Not only is that a shiny version of one of my favourite new Pokémon; it's a shiny perfect version of one of my favourite new Pokémon with the best possible nature and ability, and perfect IVs in every stat except for Sp. Attack.

Massive props to the folks at Nuggetbridge for making the hyper-useful Instacheck tool, Firestorm for helping me set up the whole shebang, and BowserSama for having the correct shiny ID and kindly hatching my egg for me.

Goddamn, I am so excited and happy right now~

Tirod

this one has good speed and sp. atk which are the important stats for Greninja, right? What do you guys say?

Timid Nature, [Protean] Ability, and best special and speed are enough qualifiers for use I say. Greninja is a glass cannon and still frail even with the 31 in Def and SDEF, I'd say go for it.

PK Gaming

Danke~

The chances of breeding of a perfect Pokemon is ridiculously low, like 1/200 (assuming both parents have 5 perfect IVs). This is because there's absolutely no way of controlling that 6th IV, so it all comes down to luck. I wanted to ask earlier, but why exactly are you breeding for flawless Dratini's? I'm assuming its for a mixed set, but trust me on this; Dragonite is much better suited to being a physical attacker because of Dragon Dance + Multiscale. Unless you're adamant about using a mixed Dragonite i'd settle with the 5IV Dragonites.

Guess what, motherf*ckers:

mzBlgQ6l.jpg

Not only is that a shiny version of one of my favourite new Pokémon; it's a shiny perfect version of one of my favourite new Pokémon with the best possible nature and ability, and perfect IVs in every stat except for Sp. Attack.

Massive props to both the folks at Nuggetbridge for making the hyper-useful Instacheck tool and BowserSama for having the correct shiny ID and kindly hatching my egg for me.

Goddamn, I am so excited and happy right now~

It's... it's beautiful...

I'm so happy for you man.

CrimsonN0

Can Volcarona take a +1 Fiery Dance from an exact copy of itself? Either way, that Ditto was a life saver. That Forretress was crazy annoying. Lol.

Hmm, well it should.
Since it has the best Special Defense of my team, I've brought it out on Rotom-Ws before and eventually won. If I'd have started Quiver Dancing I think I'd eventually win out since my Volcarona is a ChestoRest one.

Thanks, bro. I'm sure you'll be swimming in shinies yourself once you get the instacheck tool up and running!
That is really tempting, but it would kill my touch of OCD to have my shinies with other people's Trainer ID. Congrats on your shiny though! Looks great!

Hmm, well it should.
Since it has the best Special Defense of my team, I've brought it out on Rotom-Ws before and eventually won. If I'd have started Quiver Dancing I think I'd eventually win out since my Volcarona is a ChestoRest one.
If you used Quiver Dance, my Ditto would've been even more powerful. That's what I have him on my team for. Lol. It was a good game, thanks for playing with me.

That is really tempting, but it would kill my touch of OCD to have my shinies with other people's Trainer ID. Congrats on your shiny though! Looks great!

Thanks!

Man, between El Diablo and Mega Powers, I'm one Pokémon away from making a full wrestling-based team! I hearby declare the creation of the splinter group known as "Kangamania!"

Hmmm ... this instacheck thing sounds interesting.

Someone mind pointing me in the direction of this? Or more over could they do me a solid and hatch a Shiny Male Litleo? WOULD try to MM one ... if they were a mostly female breed :p

CrimsonN0

If you used Quiver Dance, my Ditto would've been even more powerful. That's what I have him on my team for. Lol. It was a good game, thanks for playing with me.

Yeah, but if I started after Ditto had transformed eventually it would equal out and I could have Rested up unless you got a crit then I'd just die instantly.

Still, its just the second/third 6 vs 6, I've used my full Bug team on.

I've posted the codes before.

A little earlier I played GC(forgot his GAF name): 7DMW-WWWW-WWW2-TC7G
A little while ago/last week:(I thought it was 4 vs 4 doubles, not 6): 6SSG-WWWW-WWW2-LMKN

My Bug team really dies to Fire, badly.

PK Gaming

*Checking latest batch of hatched Froakies*

"Huh, why does this one have a red star?"

"..."

"wait a sec..."

"HOLY SHIT"

So, I have a shiny timid protean froakie with perfect defense, sp. atk and speed in a luxury ball. According to MetalKid's calc HP is 18-30 and sp. def is 0-11. Reeeeally tempted to train this one, getting a 5IV one is a pain anyway due to how difficult it is to hatch a female protean and this one has good speed and sp. atk which are the important stats for Greninja, right? What do you guys say?

And to think I wasn't even doing Masuda... second shiny ever!

I say go for it

Your offensive stats are up to par, and your defense is actual somewhat ideal (Greninja's high speed makes it more likely that it'll take damage from priority moves, where a better defense stat is appreciated).

Most of the super effective special attack moves are going to down it one shot anyway.

And shiny Greninja looks so damn cool.

Yeah, but if I started after Ditto had transformed eventually it would equal out and I could have Rested up unless you got a crit then I'd just die instantly.

Still, its just the second/third 6 vs 6, I've used my full Bug team on.

I've posted the codes before.

A little earlier I played GC(forgot his GAF name): 7DMW-WWWW-WWW2-TC7G
A little while ago/last week:(I thought it was 4 vs 4 doubles, not 6): 6SSG-WWWW-WWW2-LMKN

My Bug team really dies to Fire, badly.
It's a really nice team so far though, especially for a mono-type. That Volcarona is crazy powerful! The fact that I could two shot your Shuckle with it was amazing.

If my Ditto didn't steal your only Fire Pokémon, I'm not sure I could've survived. It was pretty intense.

Firestorm

Congrats ScraftyDevil!
The chances of breeding of a perfect Pokemon is ridiculously low, like 1/200 (assuming both parents have 5 perfect IVs). This is because there's absolutely no way of controlling that 6th IV, so it all comes down to luck. I wanted to ask earlier, but why exactly are you breeding for flawless Dratini's? I'm assuming its for a mixed set, but trust me on this; Dragonite is much better suited to being a physical attacker because of Dragon Dance + Multiscale. Unless you're adamant about using a mixed Dragonite i'd settle with the 5IV Dragonites.
Honestly I want to try a mixed set with Weakness Policy, Multiscale, and Draco Meteor / Extreme Speed / Dragon Claw / Protect or something.

PK Gaming

Congrats ScraftyDevil!Honestly I want to try a mixed set with Weakness Policy, Multiscale, and Draco Meteor / Extreme Speed / Dragon Claw / Protect or something.
Oh right, I didn't consider the fact that he might want to play in doubles (where Dragon Dance is not ideal)

That looks like a pretty scary set btw, haha. I plan on using weakness policy on DDnite in 3v3, and see how it goes.

Firestorm

Oh right, I didn't consider the fact that he might want to play in doubles (where Dragon Dance is not ideal)

That looks like a pretty scary set btw, haha. I plan on using weakness policy on DDnite in 3v3, and see how it goes.
I'm using it on Tyranitar right now. I enjoyed one opponent's Noivern using Frisk to see it had Weakness Policy yet still Dazzling Gleaming it T1 with Gengar.

CrimsonN0

It's a really nice team so far though, especially for a mono-type. That Volcarona is crazy powerful! The fact that I could two shot your Shuckle with it was amazing.

If my Ditto didn't steal your only Fire Pokémon, I'm not sure I could've survived. It was pretty intense.

My team really just started because I like Scizor/Scyther and had a bunch of good bugs to breed other bugs with afterwards.
Then I realized I had no special attackers.
Then I had to decide between Heracross or Pinsir.

EDIT:
Another battle for my Bug team: M62G-WWWW-WWW2-TFVG
Even with Shell Smash, for some reason I thought Barbarcle was a slow pokemon,

JoeM86

A thing that has been in question for a while since the launch of the game has been confirmed. In the status screen for Pokémon, and seen in trades and in the box, you may have noticed a blue pentagon next to your Pokémon. The meaning of this had yet to be determined, but has been revealed today.

This pentagon is essentially a hack check confirmation. If your Pokémon has this, it confirms it was obtained legitimately in-game or through event. If not, then it has an error and has been hacked.

It's currently unclear how it works but we'll probably find out when hacks start coming through people transferring from Generation V next month.

For reference, the blue pentagon means it's not hacked
status.jpg

colinp

Banned
A thing that has been in question for a while since the launch of the game has been confirmed. In the status screen for Pokémon, and seen in trades and in the box, you may have noticed a blue pentagon next to your Pokémon. The meaning of this had yet to be determined, but has been revealed today.

This pentagon is essentially a hack check confirmation. If your Pokémon has this, it confirms it was obtained legitimately in-game or through event. If not, then it has an error and has been hacked.

It's currently unclear how it works but we'll probably find out when hacks start coming through people transferring from Generation V next month.

Interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

If you play around with Coltraine's Inheritance Tool, I think you'll understand a lot more. Just note that it DOES include consideration for the non-inherited stat being generated as a perfect stat, so worry about the fractions being complex.
A thing I'd like to note about the tool. You can not test multiple child combination. What do I mean by that? Well when trying to improve stock in an egg group, if you have 2 IV parents, you only care about having 3 or 4IV parents, not where the IVs lie so you have to work each outcome out on its down (easy enough to do just untick and re-tick boxes) then combine all the possible outcomes.

But the most revealing thing is how your worst parent holds back your best parent.

Also then there is to remember what the % means. That is you chance of one egg being you want so just run some Binomial Probability on that (to get an idea of what your chance of 1 or more correct egg is for 5...10...100 eggs).

Hmmm ... this instacheck thing sounds interesting.

Someone mind pointing me in the direction of this? Or more over could they do me a solid and hatch a Shiny Male Litleo? WOULD try to MM one ... if they were a mostly female breed :p
Here

Someone else can explain it better but my understanding of it is the program works by setting up an ad-hoc Wifi connection (so need a wireless card and an OS that supports this so not Windows 7 starter...) which you then connect the 3DS to. This allows you to listen to the trade interface (can see IVs on eggs as well as some hidden ID numbers like the eggs shiny ID number and your shiny ID number).

The shiny ID only comes into play when the egg hatches so the idea is you trade the egg to someone with that ID (nuggetbridge seem to have a google docs sheet with a few hundred people on it, which for 100 eggs gives you a good chance, provided you can get in touch with the person who needs to hatch the egg).

As for how this comes into play with Masuda method. That works when upon egg creation the shiny ID number is re-rolled a few times (I think it is 5) when it is not your shiny ID so in the context of giving the egg to someone else to hatch it makes no difference (the slight improvement in yield is the eggs you do not need to give).

status.jpg
Saw this on GameFAQs. Pretty clever implementation by Game Freak. Was this in any previous gens?

JoeM86

Saw this on GameFAQs. Pretty clever implementation by Game Freak. Was this in any previous gens?

Nope. Everyone was wondering what it was for, and now we know.

I actually don't want to find out how it's done, because once it's worked out, people can work a way around it.

Top Bottom