• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I meant if it was legal beforehand.
Oh - yes it was. FOr example, that banlist I posted is the same for G5 VGC (sans XYZ).
Regigigas is garbage though

and regarding that ruleset, unless you're telling me Cresselia and Thundurus (and others) are banned, I'm pretty sure it just means you must have gen 6 compatible movesets, i.e. hacked Pokemon can simply be modified to not carry moves it can't have in X/Y
※3DSダウンロードソフト「ポケモンバンク」を使って、DS「ポケットモンスター」(ブラック・ホワイト・ブラック2・ ホワイト2」)から 連れてきたポケモンをそのまま使用することはできません。
"If you use the download application Pokemon Bank, Pokemon originating from Black/White/Black 2/White 2 cannot be used as they are."

Basically, no mark = no sale.

MicH

I now know my brother's sadness, lol. I used a Ferrothorn on him in B2, and it crushed everything.

Dang, I had nothing that can touch your Ferrothorn. I need a Pokemon with Fire moves...
I, on the other hand, usually have a gigantic weakness to fire (Scizor, Ferrothorn, Mamoswine)

But damn ydration Vaporeon is annoying :(

Oh - yes it was. FOr example, that banlist I posted is the same for G5 VGC (sans XYZ).

"If you use the download application Pokemon Bank, Pokemon originating from Black/White/Black 2/White 2 cannot be used as they are."

Basically, no mark = no sale.

As they are isn't necessarily a complete ban
when is that one anyway

PK Gaming

How do you guys breed for a 5IV Rotom?

Sigmaah gave me a sweet 4IV Modest Rotom, but getting those 5IVs to pass is pretty hard, since the best Ditto I have has 3 perfect IVs.

As they are isn't necessarily a complete ban
when is that one anyway
Sometime around December 26th for Bank, I think.

And for the moment, it's similar to a soft ban - no one will be able to use any of those legends right now in a tournament that uses those rules, since you can't breed them, catch them, or get them from an event in XY *at the moment*. Things may change in the future (probably a certainty), but that's it for now.

PK Gaming

As noted in the rules for that dragon tournament:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemonryuoh/rule/game.html

The Pokemon that can be used are anyone in the National Pokedex (#718 and below), excluding the usual suspects (Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genosect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde).

As for the specific rule regarding the usable Pokemon:

That is, any Pokémon who was received through normal gameplay in XY (caught, hatched from an egg, received through ingame trade or as a gift, or from an event distro).

Any Pokemon that are transferred from PokeBank which came from the G5 games specifically are not usable *as they are*. I suppose they mean that you'd have to breed 'em in order to get a usable copy.

Also noted is the moves that they can use:
-Learned through level up
-Learned from a TM/HM
-Egg move
-Move tutor
-Distro mons with special moves

This, combined with the fact that you can't use PBmons without breeding them, means that they are neatly paring down the usable movelist - if it can't be passed through breeding in XY, then there is no using the move.

They are probably going to be using this ruleset for VGCs in the future, I imagine.

No...

No!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Superpower/Low Kick Haxorus, No Ice Punch / Fire Punch Aggron and nearly every Pokemon that thrives on tutor moves.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, does this mean that they are basically trying to balance out pokemon in a way?

Also goddamnit I need someone to fight. :(

OceanBlue

No...

No!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Superpower/Low Kick Haxorus, No Ice Punch / Fire Punch Aggron and nearly every Pokemon that thrives on tutor moves.

Lol, isn't Salamence like the only dragon who needs a move tutor for Outrage?

Firestorm

FYI the deadline to apply to the first one or two competitions is the 26th of December which is likely why Pokebank isn't allowed. The VGC '14 / Standard ruleset will look different. Especially considering from what I understand this tournament wants you to have at least one dragon on each team?

So the first is the chance of finding a Shiny Value that matches any of the TSVs and the second one is that along with the Masuda Method correct?
yeah, though I am fiddling with the MM formula, to make sure the math is correct...
FYI the deadline to apply to the first one or two competitions is the 26th of December which is likely why Pokebank isn't allowed. The VGC '14 / Standard ruleset will look different. Especially considering from what I understand this tournament wants you to have at least one dragon on each team?
Yah, one dragon type (or Ampharos/Charizard with respective MStone).

It will be interesting to see the ruleset for VGC though - when does that usually go up?

Everyone am cry, holy hell.

Garchomp don't care
Tyranitar is fine too
a lot of Pokemon would get hit by that.....if that was actually the standard ruleset
(spoilers: it won't be)

Goomy Goodra everywhere!
......no?

Holmes

How do you guys breed for a 5IV Rotom?

Sigmaah gave me a sweet 4IV Modest Rotom, but getting those 5IVs to pass is pretty hard, since the best Ditto I have has 3 perfect IVs.
I know the feel. I have a 4 IV Ditto, but one of its IVs is Attack, so it's basically a 3 IV Ditto with respect to breeding Rotom and Staryu.

Heyo, does anyone have any decent IV Prankster Sableyes or Honedges left to trade in a couple of hours? I have some decent IV Rotom, Protean Froakie, and Mawile up for trades.

PK Gaming

The worst feeling in this world:

IV Judge: Your Pokemon has outstanding stats
Me: yes, Yes, YES!!!
IV Judge: HP!
Me: Yes!
IV Judge: Def!
Me: YES!
IV Judge: SpA!
Me: YES!!!
IV Judge: Speed
Me: No, no no no no, you were supposed to say SpD. No...
IV Judge: These stats can't be beat
Me: NO! GO BACK AND SAY SpD is flawless too

Repeat ad nauseum.

Ultimatedrago: I swore I haven't bragged about *that* baby yet. ;P Actually, I wanted a dude so I'm a bit annoyed. I guess I'll go get a lot of 31/X/31/31/31/31 to giveaway whenever I go for the male.

That'll be after I do my Y playthrough, however. Still deciding what language to do it in. English is way easier but going JPN would have its benefits. Hmm...

Wazzy

Banned
I really need to start thinking of changing up my team once in a while since I'm a bit too predictable. I tried out Cinccino and he's a beast so I like to keep using him now.

I don't think I can part with my tank, though. Charizard is my fave but he's not as useful as Vaporeon. Once I start playing online again over the next couple days I'll try out some new combinations.

Top Bottom