• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tenck

Thanks, but it would kill me to have my shiny Sableye under someone else's Trainer ID... even though I would never even check it. I'm weird like that. Lol.

If I knew your SV I'd keep an eye out for a Sableye with your TSV then. That way you hatch it and it's yours.

Edit: Does Egg keep my OT name if I give it to you but you hatch it?

TheBez

Is there some secret to the Lost and Found minigame in Hotel Richisme? Or do I really just have to go square by square hitting the A button?

Boogiepop

Grr, these Japanese people need to stop trading me English language pokemon. I need your Japanese pokemon to fill up my Japanese dex!

If I knew your SV I'd keep an eye out for a Sableye with your TSV then. That way you hatch it and it's yours.

Edit: Does Egg keep my OT name if I give it to you but you hatch it?
I'm not sure what my SV is, could you help me check it real quick?

And Pokémon would have the OT name of the person who hatched it.

Who is Jared here again? Whoever you are, your safari has Ditto and Minccino! Slay.
That would be me. Lol. Glad you enjoy it.

Tenck

I'm not sure what my SV is, could you help me check it real quick?

And Pokémon would have the OT name of the person who hatched it.

Alright I'll send you a trade request after I'm done trading a few Pokemon with my friend.

Edit: Show me one that's hatched Skull so I can get your own SV. I can only see the Pokemon one, not yours.

Edit2: Err I made a mistake. Show me a pokemon that isn't an egg.

Boogiepop

Well stop trading your worthless English Pokemon. :mad:

At least a few of them were Japanese pokemon I already had extras of being sent back into the loop. So there!
Seriously though, this is such an inefficient process that every time I see a Japanese name I get super excited, only for a letdown when the pokemon turns out to be an English one.

Alright I'll send you a trade request after I'm done trading a few Pokemon with my friend.

Edit: Show me one that's hatched Skull so I can get your own SV. I can only see the Pokemon one, not yours.

Edit2: Err I made a mistake. Show me a pokemon that isn't an egg.
Offer a Pokémon to trade, I accidentally clicked Offer. Dx

So I'm new to Pokemon Endgame, I've beat every one since Red but never bred and trained my elite team. I'm currently trying to get the right Dittos to start breeding my team.

I've got a few questions.

1. Can I get another Everstone? I accidentally wonder traded away a pokemon which was holding it.
2. Whats the best way to make money fast? I've got like 80k but don't want to piss it all all away without another way to make more.
3. When breeding a team, should I keep them all one type or have different types?

Tenck

Offer a Pokémon to trade, I accidentally clicked Offer. Dx

:p

Alright well now just show me a Pokemon that's not in an Egg, so I can get your own TSV rather than just the eggs.

Edit: Okay your SV is 3747. I'll keep an eye out for a Sableye with that Value and that has good IVs +nature and ability then!

daripad

So I'm new to Pokemon Endgame, I've beat every one since Red but never bred and trained my elite team. I'm currently trying to get the right Dittos to start breeding my team.

I've got a few questions.

1. Can I get another Everstone? I accidentally wonder traded away a pokemon which was holding it.
2. Whats the best way to make money fast? I've got like 80k but don't want to piss it all all away without another way to make more.
3. When breeding a team, should I keep them all one type or have different types?

1. Some geodudes have it. Catch some f them or use Thief on them
2. Prize money o power level 3 in battle chateau
3. Try what you consider, but better different types

Tenck

I really wish there was a text option in the trade. I have no idea what people need me to do sometimes. Lol.

Heh, yeah I wish there was some form of communication that wasn't just voice chat.

Edit: Off to sleep. Will breed some eggs while at work tomorrow and see what I can get for you Skull.

Heh, yeah I wish there was some form of communication that wasn't just voice chat.

Edit: Off to sleep. Will breed some eggs while at work tomorrow and see what I can get for you Skull.
Thanks for checking out my number! If you could either add it to the list, or let me know so I can add it, that'd be awesome.

Did you name Blaziken El Diablo? Because he's the closest thing to a fighting chicken Pokemon has.

822004108.jpg

Fury Sense

So first I bred the perfect pokemon.

I did the standard method. Made a 5IV mon, then bred it with a 2IV mon w/ nature until I ended up with two 5IV parents.

Then I bred the two 5IV parents with a destiny knot and an everstone.

I filled one PC box with eggs

Then Devo helped me check the SVs of all the eggs. All I had to do was click "show" and look at my laptop with the software running.

After checking all 30, I marked my 5IV mons as such

NLQ7hT7.png

Check NeoGAF list first of course... nothing...

Check Nuggetbridge list... nope nope nope nope... last one... YES

Go to irc.synirc.net...

The trainer is online!

ZEkqS9D.png

Tenck

So first I bred the perfect pokemon.

I did the standard method. Made a 5IV mon, then bred it with a 2IV mon w/ nature until I ended up with two 5IV parents.

Then I bred the two 5IV parents with a destiny knot and an everstone.

I filled one PC box with eggs

Then Devo helped me check the SVs of all the eggs. All I had to do was click "show" and look at my laptop with the software running.

After checking all 30, I marked my 5IV mons as such

NLQ7hT7.png

Check NeoGAF list first of course... nothing...

Check Nuggetbridge list... nope nope nope nope... last one... YES

Go to irc.synirc.net...

The trainer is online!

ZEkqS9D.png

AHHHHHH. This program changes everything! Now to mass breed Pokemon!

Tenck confirmed cool guy!

Should start our own Cool Guy Club™

Someone challenged me to a battle because we have the same Trainer name. I didn't realize it at the time but I'd taken one of my regulars out of the Battle Box, so I was one down.

I think I did very good. (At KICKING THEIR ASS! Haha!)
Video code:
8BUG - WWWW - WWW2 - UG4U

Yea GG. I saw where it was going, and did not want to bother waiting for it to end lol.

Yeah, I guess it was kind of inevitable. You play incredibly well though, and I am really honoured to have fought against you.

Here's the video so we can preserve this moment:

CANG-WWWW-WWW2-UG9M

I'll take it down if it contains any sensitive information relating to the tournament and/or if you ask me to, DaBoss.

Two things:
1, I still have some Bulbasaur. First come first serve, giving the best I have at the top of the line.

2. What the hell is the TSV/whatever program you're using? Whatever the current discussion is I'm missing a large chunk of context.

DaBoss

VS Recorder code?
I couldn't save it since I hit the limit apparently. :(

Glad Scrafty saved it though.
Yeah, I guess it was kind of inevitable. You play incredibly well though, and I am really honoured to have fought against you.

Here's the video so we can preserve this moment:

CANG-WWWW-WWW2-UG9M

I'll take it down if it contains any sensitive information relating to the tournament and/or if you ask me to, DaBoss.
No problems with me.

Ultimadrago

So a Japanese Shiny Umbreon was in a rude stall match with me. Thankfully Togekiss' Nasty Plot foiled their Snarling plans. The person forfeited in the end, but they didn't go down too easy:

CQ9G-WWWW-WWW2-UGFY

Also, thanks H3XAntiStyle for the Bulbasaur! A talented Beldum for your troubles.

So a Japanese Shiny Umbreon was in a rude stall match with me. Thankfully Togekiss' Nasty Plot foiled their Snarling plans. The person forfeited in the end, but they didn't go down too easy:

CQ9G-WWWW-WWW2-UGFY

Also, thanks H3XAntiStyle for the Bulbasaur! A talented Beldum for your troubles.

Thanks for the Bulbasaur, H3x. Enjoy that Larvesta!

You're welcome!
Now to thank me you should watch the battle I posted.

Ah yes, of course. I would've named him Sin Cara or Rey Mysterio, but it's all good.

I just couldn't resist giving it a name that plays off of my username ;P

I was seriously considering Rey Mysterio due to the black mask, but with Mega Powers already repping Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage, I figured that the WWF had gotten enough love and decided to honour Hawlucha's roots instead.

DaBoss

Two things:
2. What the hell is the TSV/whatever program you're using? Whatever the current discussion is I'm missing a large chunk of context.
I think this post has a good explanation of what Shiny Values and Trainer Shiny Values are: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89699213&postcount=5217

Basically a way of ensuring a shiny. Downside is that you will not be the OT (unless you're god damn lucky that one of the ones check has your TSV in it). The other one is you have to trust the other person, but that shouldn't be a problem here at all.

spiritfox

Two things:
1, I still have some Bulbasaur. First come first serve, giving the best I have at the top of the line.

Can I have a Bulbasaur? FC is 0404-6055-6338.

Boogiepop

Man, I really wish you could communicate with the other person when trading. A Japanese player offered to trade with me (after wonder trading) and I was looking around for something to offer while they were throwing stuff up there, until I finally found an Abra and they gave me a Magneton. And then I was going to try to be cool and give them one of my five IV Mareep, but they stopped trading. If only the game would let us communicate. I even know Japanese! We could've made this work, random Japanese player!

I was soft resetting for a nice natured and nice IV Torchic and decide to take it to the Battle Institute to check its stats. They're reasonable enough so I forfeit all five rounds.

I scored 0 points and was awarded 3BP and a Genius Wing.

How does BP work in Battle Maison? If it gives less than 3BP, then I think I'll just stick to forfeiting at Battle Institute for an easy 3BP.

Top Bottom