• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Yeah, I guess it was kind of inevitable. You play incredibly well though, and I am really honoured to have fought against you.

Here's the video so we can preserve this moment:

CANG-WWWW-WWW2-UG9M

I'll take it down if it contains any sensitive information relating to the tournament and/or if you ask me to, DaBoss.
Your Hawlucha looks wicked sick! I'm not sure what your whole Sableye thing was about though. Why waste turns like that? That Gliscor would be a pain to face...

Fury Sense

I've thought about renaming my synchronizers to conversational phrases.

"Do you have"
"HiddnAbility"
"What u want?"
"Yes" "No"

Maybe I'll do it :p

Your Hawlucha looks wicked sick! I'm not sure what your whole Sableye thing was about though. Why waste turns like that? That Gliscor would be a pain to face...

I was running out the PP for its Earthquake, since I assumed that was the only attacking move it was carrying. When I realized it had Ice Fang as well, I just kinda tried to hang on as long as possible.

Tenck

I think this post has a good explanation of what Shiny Values and Trainer Shiny Values are: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89699213&postcount=5217

Basically a way of ensuring a shiny. Downside is that you will not be the OT (unless you're god damn lucky that one of the ones check has your TSV in it). The other one is you have to trust the other person, but that shouldn't be a problem here at all.

All this Shiny talk keeping me too excited to sleep (in three minutes I should be out cold though).

Now that I know it ensures a Shiny Pokemon, I have to mass produce these eggs :p

You showed them who the true Camille was, H3XAntiStyle. Though all that counter switching from both sides made me a bit dizzy!

I'll just say I'm very glad I stuck Poison Jab on Haxorus, I didn't want to end up burning through my two steel types.

Is that not how it usually goes? Could've sworn the meta game was all about switching and wheeling around to align the stars in the heavens, but this was my fourth battle ever so like I know shit. :/

I've thought about renaming my synchronizers to conversational phrases.

"Do you have"
"HiddnAbility"
"What u want?"
"Yes" "No"

Maybe I'll do it :p
I've been thinking about doing the same exact thing, lol.

I was running out the PP for its Earthquake, since I assumed that was the only attacking move it was carrying. When I realized it had Ice Fang as well, I just kinda tried to hang on as long as possible.
Ah. How many PP does your Recover have? That Prankster is a great ability!

DaBoss

I realized that and then tried to scare you with Ice Fang lol.

I should have switched out though.
All this Shiny talk keeping me too excited to sleep (in three minutes I should be out cold though).

Now that I know it ensures a Shiny Pokemon, I have to mass produce these eggs :p
I shouldn't have said ensuring. :p

A way of trying to ensure a shiny. You have to get lucky and get the SV to match a TSV.

MicH

Yeah, not being able to communicate in trades is annoying. I don't understand why we can't either, as we could use symbols (happy face, sad face, heart etc) in Gen 5, That was so much easier

Ultimadrago

I'll just say I'm very glad I stuck Poison Jab on Haxorus, I didn't want to end up burning through my two steel types.

Is that not how it usually goes? Could've sworn the meta game was all about switching and wheeling around to align the stars in the heavens, but this was my fourth battle ever so like I know shit. :/

Oh no, it certainly can be! It was simply more than I usually run into on a basis. It's very wise to switch often when the time calls for it.

That SV/TSV shit is nuts. Hrm. Is there any way to easily use the Instacheck, or does it have to be a matter of having someone else tell you what your eggs are?

EDIT:
Oh no, it certainly can be! It was simply more than I usually run into on a basis. It's very wise to switch often when the time calls for it.
Well that's good. Like I said I've not done too many, so I was hoping to get some feedback on how I did. That was the first team I built (working on a second now), so my experience is at minimum!

DaBoss

Yeah, not being able to communicate in trades is annoying. I don't understand why we can't either, as we could use symbols (happy face, sad face, heart etc) in Gen 5, That was so much easier
Yea, I loved that. I remember trading with this one guy for hours due to us giving each other Pokemon we both want. It was great and really helped me fill out my Pokedex.
That SV/TSV shit is nuts. Hrm. Is there any way to easily use the Instacheck, or does it have to be a matter of having someone else tell you what your eggs are?
You will need someone else for sure, but you can either check yourself, or get someone else to check.

What would be the best nature for Malamar? Hey sub zero, could you post your Malamar/Whoopie build again?

Whoopi (Malamar @ Leftovers)
Ability: Contrary
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower
- Topsy-turvy

It's best to invest in HP / defenses over speed; Malamar needs all the bulk he can get. Superpower will get your attack / defenses up, hence the Sp. D investment. Switching in on Sticky Web, hitting King's Shield, etc. are easy ways to get speed up.

Fury Sense

gCHmv26.png

MicH

Yeah, those damn Electrodes and their Explosion

I really don't like seeing because he's so speedy. It freaks me out. And a little fear of him exploding on me

daripad

Finally got a 31/31/31/X/31/31 Shroomish and it feels soooo goood.. It took some damn time. Now I'll try to breed more for trading and having some back up

This person clearly never fought a Rain Dance team before: P7AW-WWWW-WWW2-UHU7
3 instances of Paralysis in this match, including 3 times it stopped my opponent: 7GAG-WWWW-WWW2-UHUK
A match that I dedicated to Scrafty that he may have missed throughout the course and speed of the thread: BTTW-WWWW-WWW2-QC6X

I know we already have Guts, but there should be a Contrary-esque ability that inverts stat changes done by status ailments. Or, more specifically:

- Burn doubles attack.
- Poison doubles special attack.
- Sleep doubles defense.
- Freezing doubles special defense.
- Paralysis doubles speed.

Top Bottom