• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Before I commit a holocaust, does anyone want a Timid Chlorophyll Bulbasaur? Can't guarantee IVs, but I'll give the best I can per priority of who asks.
assuming people ask

Fury Sense

Just hatched a shiny Honedge for someone on Nuggetbridge.

KBZyLSd.png

Master Sword, born of Victory Road, have a good life.

Before I commit a holocaust, does anyone want a Timid Chlorophyll Bulbasaur? Can't guarantee IVs, but I'll give the best I can per priority of who asks.
assuming people ask

Sure, I'll nab it. I can't trade right now because I have to order dinner, but maybe in a few minutes?

EDIT: My FC is 3625-8914-5118

assuming people ask
I'd like one. I've been thinking about trying out a Venusaur for a while now. Could I get a Male with HP, Def, and Sp.D?

Guys. The Sableye that I've been Masuda breeding with has grown by 84 levels... and it's not even the first one I had in there! I don't think I can do this for much longer. I could've trained an entire team of new Pokémon in the time it's taken me to get this far. >_>

Ah. Don't worry - even if you were using a 100% cookie cutter team you'd probably still be having a negative W/L ratio. :) Competitive Pokemon has a learning curve.

Try something like Rotom-W, Vaporeon, or Swampert. Something bulky that can still do damage and doesn't require advanced EVing skills. Since you mentioned Arcanine, I recommend that, too. Give it Intimidate and it can help against physical attackers.

I'll definitely test out Vaporeon. got a few 4IV eevees napping in my pc while I was on a breeding spree for a decent female to use as my glaceon.

MicH

assuming people ask
I would love one!

I can offer a variety of stuff. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Tenck

Wooo! Fully IV bred and EV trained Sableye + Carbink added to my Pokemon arsenal. Now to figure what else to breed.

Nyeh, better response than I figured. I did a lot of shortcuts with it (RNG jumped the first couple) so I've gotta make sure I have enough to pass around. Should have enough that are Timid/Chloro though.

EDIT: If anyone has a good IV'd Flabebe, I'm interested in one of those. Maybe a good Growlithe, that's all I can really think of right now.
EDIT 2: I've got 4 right now, since I already tossed all the ones with only 1IV. 1 has 4IVs, two have 3, and one has 2. I've got a handful more that are Chlorophyll, if nature/IV isn't important to you.

Tenck

Just hatched a shiny Honedge for someone on Nuggetbridge.

KBZyLSd.png

Master Sword, born of Victory Road, have a good life.

No one has the same TSV as me :(

I'd do anything for some Shiny Pokemon after I hatched a Shiny Honedge. I also got a shiny Hoppip, but it's no good for my team ;_;

Nyeh, better response than I figured. I did a lot of shortcuts with it (RNG jumped the first couple) so I've gotta make sure I have enough to pass around. Should have enough that are Timid/Chloro though.

EDIT: If anyone has a good IV'd Flabebe, I'm interested in one of those. Maybe a good Growlithe, that's all I can really think of right now.
I'll withdraw myself from the giveaway so that everyone else can get some. I'll probably go for a bulkier Mega version anyway. Thanks for the offer though!

No one has the same TSV as me :(

I'd do anything for some Shiny Pokemon after I hatched a Shiny Honedge. I also got a shiny Hoppip, but it's no good for my team ;_;
Where's that list at? Is it in the OP? I need to add myself to it.

MicH

EDIT 2: I've got 4 right now, since I already tossed all the ones with only 1IV. 1 has 4IVs, two have 3, and one has 2. I've got a handful more that are Chlorophyll, if nature/IV isn't important to you.
I actually just remembered that I had a JPN 3 IV Chlorophyll one, but thanks anyway. This one is female too :eek:

I don't have any good Flabébé or Growlithe though. If I had, I would give you one. I have some Beldum, Ralts, Ferroseed, Swinub, Eeves and some other stuff if you want that

So earlier tonight I was just about to stop playing Y when I randomly decided to do a Wonder Trade. I put up one of my 4V Zorua thinking I'd make someone's day while they would send a Bidoof or something. Turns out they probably had the same idea, as they sent me a 3V Japanese Larvitar with Iron Head and Curse. Next thing I know I'm trading with them and eventually added them to my friend list.

I traded:
Timid Illusion 4V Zorua ENG for Adamant Guts 3V Larvitar w/Egg Moves JPN
Adamant Dry Skin 4V Croagunk w/Egg Moves ENG for Timid Infiltrator 5V Noibat w/Egg Moves JPN
Bold Sticky Hold 4V Shellos ENG for Jolly Pressure 4V Aerodactyl JPN
Lonely Rock Head 4V Bagon ENG for Jolly Sand Veil 4V Gible w/Egg Moves JPN
Timid Anticipation 3V Eevee ENG for Adamant Technician 5V Semargle JPN

After all of my years looking at the GTS with everyone asking for Lv. 9 Zekrom and Celebi, I never though I would find some random person on wifi who wasn't selfish. Quite a nice surprise.

Now the Masuda Method breeding begins, I guess.

MicH

So earlier tonight I was just about to stop playing Y when I randomly decided to do a Wonder Trade. I put up one of my 4V Zorua thinking I'd make someone's day while they would send a Bidoof or something. Turns out they probably had the same idea, as they sent me a 3V Japanese Larvitar with Iron Head and Curse. Next thing I know I'm trading with them and eventually added them to my friend list.

I traded:
Timid Illusion 4V Zorua ENG for Adamant Guts 3V Larvitar w/Egg Moves JPN
Adamant Dry Skin 4V Croagunk w/Egg Moves ENG for Timid Infiltrator 5V Noibat w/Egg Moves JPN
Bold Sticky Hold 4V Shellos ENG for Jolly Pressure 4V Aerodactyl JPN
Lonely Rock Head 4V Bagon ENG for Jolly Sand Veil 4V Gible w/Egg Moves JPN
Timid Anticipation 3V Eevee ENG for Adamant Technician 5V Semargle JPN

After all of my years looking at the GTS with everyone asking for Lv. 9 Zekrom and Celebi, I never though I would find some random person on wifi who wasn't selfish. Quite a nice surprise.

Now the Masuda Method breeding begins, I guess.
This is awesome. Very good trades for both sides. Nice!

I'll withdraw myself from the giveaway so that everyone else can get some. I'll probably go for a bulkier Mega version anyway. Thanks for the offer though!

All you'd really need to change breeding wise would be the nature, which is easy to swap out. Besides, I have enough for everyone.

PM me your Friend code, mine is:
2578 - 3146 - 5356

EDIT: What is this TSV I'm hearing about?

DaBoss

OH WOW, I didn't know you can register acquaintances to the Friend List. That's a really cool feature. I feel like getting a 2DS just to get more room in terms of my Friends List.
Need someone to get my TSV so I can add it to the list. To two lists, actually.

Wichu

Instacheck wont work anymore. It's so frustrating.

Any what do you mean by checking more eggs? Try and see if I find some other trainer online with the same TSV as me by randomly trading?

No, make more eggs, then check them against the database. If each egg has a ~5% chance to be shiny, you don't actually need to produce that many ;)

DaBoss

Any what do you mean by checking more eggs? Try and see if I find some other trainer online with the same TSV as me by randomly trading?
You need to find someone who has the TSV that matches your Pokemon Egg's Shiny Value. Get lots of Eggs, you'll be able to use Instacheck for seeing the IVs, and then you can find someone with the TSV that matches the SV of your egg and get them to hatch it (and then nickname it if you would like) and voila, you got yourself a shiny.

Holmes

You should go online so I can give you that Beldum :p

Also "Andy".. you are amazing. Thank you for all these Hatching O-Powers <333
Oops sorry, must've closed the 3DS clamp and didn't reconnect. Since you didn't tell me what you wanted through PM I'll just give you a random one. If you wanted something, just tell me here and I'll invite you to trade.

Fury Sense

Well, I just bred two 5IV pokemon and produced 30 eggs. I'm about to trade them all with a buddy and record the Egg SVs of each one that has the correct IVs. I'm guessing that will give me around 5 perfect eggs. I'll look for an SV match in the spreadsheets and cross my fingers. Unfortunately, I didn't masuda these 30 eggs, so my chances are way lower than they could be.

MicH

Oops sorry, must've closed the 3DS clamp and didn't reconnect. Since you didn't tell me what you wanted through PM I'll just give you a random one. If you wanted something, just tell me here and I'll invite you to trade.
Oh right, sorry. Drilbur is absolutely fine though :D

Tenck

You need to find someone who has the TSV that matches your Pokemon Egg's Shiny Value. Get lots of Eggs, you'll be able to use Instacheck for seeing the IVs, and then you can find someone with the TSV that matches the SV of your egg and get them to hatch it (and then nickname it if you would like) and voila, you got yourself a shiny.

Edit: Okay Fury, that makes much more sense to me now. Thanks for that explanation. Now to find someone to trade with or just do it with myself once I can get Instacheck working again.

DaBoss

Oh okay. So I'd be producing mass eggs, trade one, see the SV, and that SV should match the batch?
Well mass produce eggs, assuming you want a perfect one, check the IVs and note the SVs of the ones with perfect IVs. Then try and find a TSV that matches one of the SVs that you noted down.

EDIT: OK, seems you got it.

EDIT2: You don't need to trade it, just show it and it will appear on Instacheck.

Tenck

Well mass produce eggs, assuming you want a perfect one, check the IVs and note the SVs of the ones with perfect IVs. Then try and find a TSV that matches one of the SVs that you noted down.

EDIT: OK, seems you got it.

EDIT2: You don't need to trade it, just show it and it will appear on Instacheck.

Thanks a bunch DaBoss. Now to get Instacheck to work before I sleep. Hopefully I just had to reboot and that helped.

Edit: Whoah, looks like that reboot fixed it! Thanks again guys. I'll add both Fury and DaBoss to my "Gift Shinies" list if I'm successful :p

Tenck

Ugh, hit the missing IV I wanted in breeding twice in a row, but would have needed a 5 IV and 4 IV Dittos because of the way the Destiny Knot split.

What you trying to breed?

Edit: Is there a way to easily get rid of eggs, or do I just unload my eggs on Wonder Trade? I just noticed I'm running out of space, and if I mass produce eggs, I'll be cursing at low number of Boxes.

Ultimadrago

Mind checking my SV too?

What you trying to breed?

Beldum. Normally I don't actually like the reject/reset breeding method, but for genderless Pokemon that take forever to hatch, it's much faster to test with Magikarps and reject if you're not getting what you want. Also, I only have 3 IV Dittos.

Gah. Third time in a row my Magikarp is showing random Special Attack, but third time in a row the split is 4+ IV mother, so reset and reject again.

DaBoss

Gotcha. Form-filling now. By the way, what are those percentages on the FC List?
The chance you'll get a shiny by the number of eggs and how you attempt to achieve it.

The first column is if you try to go for a matching SV, while the second column is if you do that along with the Masuda Method.

The chance of getting a shiny increases as the list gets more unique TSVs.

Ultimadrago

The chance you'll get a shiny by the number of eggs and how you attempt to achieve it.

The first column is if you try to go for a matching SV, while the second column is if you do that along with the Masuda Method.

The chance of getting a shiny increases as the list gets more unique TSVs.

Hopefully if we get more people to check their SVs we should raise those percentages. We need to help HydraSkull get his shiny Sableye :p

I see. Thanks

All you'd really need to change breeding wise would be the nature, which is easy to swap out. Besides, I have enough for everyone.

PM me your Friend code, mine is:
2578 - 3146 - 5356

EDIT: What is this TSV I'm hearing about?
It turns out that I already have several Bulbasaur hidden away in my Sableye-cluttered boxes. I appreciate the offer though.

Hopefully if we get more people to check their SVs we should raise those percentages. We need to help HydraSkull get his shiny Sableye :p
Thanks, but it would kill me to have my shiny Sableye under someone else's Trainer ID... even though I would never even check it. I'm weird like that. Lol.

Top Bottom