• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

My NEW newest shiny is a Male Kirlia!
tumblr_mwcezh3rG21qgz1jao1_1280.jpg

Was hunting for a Shiny Mawile …wasn’t expecting a 2nd Kirlia o_O

I was LUCKY this time ... I mean, this fucker actually tried to teleport on the first move! Of all the Kirlia I have come across on 1 teleported before this encounter!

But I had planned ahead for such a event and brang a Pokemon with the Trap Ability along so that I could swap them in and shut that down if I came upon another Kirlia.

Nature is Quiet and it's "Outstanding" With IVs in HP-Att-SpAtt ... what do I do with it?

Really, I'm asking ... what's the best thing to do with heerrrr- Him?

EDIT

GROUP PICTURE!!
Before they evolve or get traded ... something to remember them as there were!

I was LUCKY this time ... I mean, this fucker actually tried to teleport on the first move! Of all the Kirlia I have come across on 1 teleported before this encounter!

But I had planned ahead for such a event and brang a Pokemon with the Trap Ability along so that I could swap them in and shut that down if I came upon another Kirlia.

Nature is Quiet and it's "Outstanding" With IVs in HP-Att-SpAtt ... what do I do with it?

Gallade bro.

MicH

How in the world do you get so many shines?

Yes I am jealous :(

Gallade bro.

Ha ... guess it might not hurt. But I lovez me some Gards! And I already know my shiny female in BW is trash in both IVs and maybe nature IIRC ... and I refuse to evolve my Female Kirlia cause it's cute and I like it's animations in the Pet feature.

Oh, he also has Telepathy ... which I guess is only good for doubles and such.

How in the world do you get so many shines?

Yes I am jealous :(

No freaking kidding dude. You're getting one like every day!
Tell me your secrets...

Simple really!

All I do is this!

1- Find a show to watch or something that's like a hour long viewing.

2- Use a Pokemon that attracts some kind of Pokemon (IDK if this helps or not but ALL my FS shinys came when I had a Pokemon that either attracts natures or genders or types)

3- Set your left shoulder button to be "A" so that you only need one hand.

4- Keep the 3DS somewhere in your sight line and have the sound up juuuussst enough to hear and react.

5- Learn to run, Check, repeat with just one hand barely looking at the screen.

BTW, this is the 2nd shiny I have gotten watching Scandal! :D

Yeah, Pain Split is amazing on Rotom-W. Unfortunately, it is stuck in gen 5 for now. Without that in your set he doesn't have a way to recover, albeit he has amazing SpD :p Does Protect work with Assault Vest?

Ahhh stupid game not having move tutors. And you're probably right about the protect thing, so I actually have no idea what to put in that 4th slot lol.

Also, how does one go about breeding recover onto Sableye?

Ahhh stupid game not having move tutors. And you're probably right about the protect thing, so I actually have no idea what to put in that 4th slot lol.

Also, how does one go about breeding recover onto Sableye?
Female Sableye+Male Kadabra/Alakazam/Meditite/Medicham with Recover

Ask me for one of mine, lol.

May I have one of your Sableye sir? Also, are you going to want that female Goomy back? I haven't gotten the shiny one yet, but I can give you back a male or female with the same IVs at level one, both have Gooey. If you still have that Squirtle I gave you, it would be cool to get that back, cuz it has Aura Sphere on it and I need it to breed. Thanks!

And for reference, how exactly do multi battles work?

CrimsonN0

May I have one of your Sableye sir? Also, are you going to want that female Goomy back? I haven't gotten the shiny one yet, but I can give you back a male or female with the same IVs at level one, both have Gooey. If you still have that Squirtle I gave you, it would be cool to get that back, cuz it has Aura Sphere on it and I need it to breed. Thanks!

Its 6 vs 6, teams of two people using 3 pokemon each.

I'm fine for more battling with whoever, singles or multi.
I'm mostly just using random pokemon I've trained, though.

My FC:5000-3009-5859

Sure, lol. And you can continue using the Goomy if you need to, no worries. I think I should still have that Squirtle, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

You and your partner each choose three Pokémon to send into battle. Other than you only controlling one of the Pokémon, it's basically a Double Battle.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I admire you shiny-getters. The only other shiny I've gotten was a wild level 53 Raticate in Heart Gold.

Modest with 0 IVs in attack and speed, of course.

Blasty

Does anyone have any 5 IV Pokemon other than Goomy? (the nature doesn't matter because I'm only looking for egg group coverage right now) I can offer you a 5 IV Deino in return (not the correct nature though).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

EDIT

GROUP PICTURE!!
Before they evolve or get traded ... something to remember them as there were!

Consider this shiny mega gardevoir.

tumblr_muq9wewZad1rozq7uo1_500.jpg

CONSIDER IT.

*Gyarados' Intimidate raises Malamar's attack*

*Aegislash used King's Shield. Malamar's attack increased*

LOL I love this thing. With Assault Vest and HP investment it can take hits pretty well, but low speed means it dies after 3-4 turns. I could see it being really strong with Sticky Web support.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
*Gyarados' Intimidate raises Malamar's attack*

*Aegislash used King's Shield. Malamar's attack increased*

LOL I love this thing. With Assault Vest and HP investment it can take hits pretty well, but low speed means it dies after 3-4 turns. I could see it being really strong with Sticky Web support.

Trick room!

Consider this shiny mega gardevoir.

tumblr_muq9wewZad1rozq7uo1_500.jpg

CONSIDER IT.

Considered it. Got a shiny Gard ready to be transferred in bw ... but she's got crud for ivs. May trade her to someone if need me.
Female Kirlia isn't terrable but she's not great. Gonna keep her a Kirlia.
Gonna look into how well a Gall can do with a nature that bites his speed stat.

Agh. I hatch an egg and check the IVs, get F/M/F/M/x/F, and x is either 31 or damn close. I reset to before the egg was created, put in the right parents, and hatch.... 31/x/31/x/x/31. I reset and try again, same result. I reset AGAIN and hatch using the test parents, and get F/M/F/M/x/F again. I don't know what's going on, but I want my perfect Beldum T.T

Edit, from Nugget Bridge:

Important: Inheritance can differ for Pokémon with different gender ratio. It’s recommened to use Test Parents with the same gender ratio as the target. Personally, it happened to me only when I’ve been breeding genderless Pokémon, but there were reports of the shakiness for other Pokémon as well.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

I was using Magikarps because they hatch faster ._.

I've never been so upset about getting a 6 IV Pokemon. Probably because I thought I was going to get a 6 IV Metagross and ended up having to settle on a 6 IV Venipede with no egg moves. At least I have a 6 IV male bug now, I guess...

I was too dejected to even notice it also didn't inherit Speed Boost, so the only way it could have been worse if it was female, as well.

Only shiny I got was Froakie before I knew how to breed properly. It doesn't have Protean and its IVs are junk :(

I've had pretty amazing luck with 6 IV mons though. I was only going for 5 IVs all 3 times I got one and miraculously it spit out 6 IV dudes.

Every time I got one it was like HP (mhmm), Atk/Sp Atk (oh yeah), Def (yes), SpAtk/Atk (fuck), Sp Def, Speed... *3s later*... wait, THAT WAS 6!!!!

Markun

Wow. Here I am minding my own business breeding when a random Japanese player wants to trade with me. He wanted a Scatterbug from me and this is what I got in return.

I'm guessing he looked at my profile and saw that I was from Hawai'i and wanted an Ocean pattern Vivillon. Either way, thanks for the shiny Furfrou, Pemo!

Wichu

Only shiny I got was Froakie before I knew how to breed properly. It doesn't have Protean and its IVs are junk :(

I've had pretty amazing luck with 6 IV mons though. I was only going for 5 IVs all 3 times I got one and miraculously it spit out 6 IV dudes.

Every time I got one it was like HP (mhmm), Atk/Sp Atk (oh yeah), Def (yes), SpAtk/Atk (fuck), Sp Def, Speed... *3s later*... wait, THAT WAS 6!!!!

Pro tip: if you're breeding two 5IV Pokémon with the IVs in the same stats, then getting 31 in the sixth stat actually means it must be flawless. For example, if you're breeding two 31/x/31/31/31/31 parents and get 31 Attack on a child, it must have had Attack generated randomly and therefore all other stats must be inherited 31s.

Pro tip: if you're breeding two 5IV Pokémon with the IVs in the same stats, then getting 31 in the sixth stat actually means it must be flawless. For example, if you're breeding two 31/x/31/31/31/31 parents and get 31 Attack on a child, it must have had Attack generated randomly and therefore all other stats must be inherited 31s.

ANY time you get 6 IV, the 6th IV is randomly generated unless you lucked into it and got it without even using a Destiny Knot. It doesn't matter if the parents shared an imperfect IV or not.

Top Bottom