• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Inotti

Why people disconnect when they are losing in rating battle? It's so annoying. It happends about 1/3 of the time when I'm about to win the opponent rage quits. Aargh! ._.

3 times in a row now! What's wrong with you people! Not really good sport. >.<

Newest shiny story!

Been hunting Mawile for the longest (which is why I now have 2 Kirlia) and last night I literally said &#8220;this is gonna be my last encounter and then OFF TO BED! (well, off to the bathroom then bed)&#8221;. I hear the sound of a new encounter, glance at the screen and see her.
tumblr_mwdagrANSl1qgz1jao2_1280.jpg
First thought was &#8221; &#8230; That looks Purple =_=. Maybe it&#8217;s cause it&#8217;s night in the gaaaammmmeee (Ching sound!) &#8230;. WAAAAAAA!?!?! O_O; &#8220;

And this Abra?
I was hunting for Espurr again today and got another shiny blocked for the 2nd time by a non-Espurr Psychic Pokemon in the FS. I think I&#8217;m just gonna MM Espurr now &#8230; this is getting outta hand. D:
(Abra ... you're Modest AND female ... I would have been so happy if you were an Espurr even thought I was trying to get a timid Espurr. But I love you anyway :3)

PS- Got the abra well trying to watch Korra. What's with Nick's site? It stops 8 mins in and wont go past that ...

Since it has Telepathy, imo your best bet is to use it with something else in Doubles. Maybe something that can use screens or provide Tailwind support.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Does any Non-US Gaffers have a decent breeding stud Espurr they can trade me for mming?

Marz

Can anyone help me out with good Nature/move set/EV spreads for Gengar,Haxorus,Abomasnow, and Rhyperior?

Just started getting into breeding

Bladenic

Anyone happen to have Houndour? Hasty or Timid nature preferably. Not sure what the Y exclusive is but I'll catch it and trade. Dolt believe I have much else of value but I can check.

Well this is it guys. If I don't get a shiny Sableye today, I'm abandoning the quest. I've been breeding this stupid thing for over six days now, and have hatched well over 600 eggs. I'll settle with a non-shiny if I have to.

Wish me luck...

Well this is it guys. If I don't get a shiny Sableye today, I'm abandoning the quest. I've been breeding this stupid thing for over six days now, and have hatched well over 600 eggs. I'll settle with a non-shiny if I have to.

Wish me luck...

Good luck!

I'm assuming you're using items. Your story sounds about right for someone using Items.

WonderPup

Wish me luck...

If you're looking to offload a Sableye (or a even a suitable breeding pair), I'd be very interested. For trade, I have a Modest 4 IV Rotom, a Timid 4 IV Gastly, some 31 HP Imposter Dittos, and a 4 IV Aron (neutral natured).

Also: good luck!

Edit: I also still have some Trick Room-suitable Claunchers left with three IVs (counting the 0 speed that was bred onto them).

Wazzy

Banned
I've got a bunch of breeding rejects of Eevee's if anyone wants some. Most are 3 IV's with Bold nature and their HA. I might also have a 4IV Eevee with HA to give away, I'll have to take a look.

I've also got 4IV Eevee's if anyone wants some.

Good luck!

I'm assuming you're using items. Your story sounds about right for someone using Items.
Using Items? I'm not sure what you mean. I've just been using the Masuda Method. And thanks.

If you're looking to offload a Sableye (or a even a suitable breeding pair), I'd be very interested. For trade, I have a Modest 4 IV Rotom, a Timid 4 IV Gastly, some 31 HP Imposter Dittos, and a 4 IV Aron (neutral natured).

Also: good luck!

Edit: I also still have some Trick Room-suitable Claunchers left with three IVs (counting the 0 speed that was bred onto them).
Yeah, I have some you can use. And you don't need to give me anything in return. =]

NEO0MJ

Finally got a 5IV Venonat! Right now I have half a box full of them. If anyone wants one I'd be happy to give them away, it would make me feel better than just wonder trading them.
They're all timid, in Luxury Balls and have the ability Tinted Lens, except one that has the ability compound eye, which when it evolves becomes shield dust. They also have the egg moves Giga Drain and Batton Pass. While I plan to make mine an offensive pokemon it can work wonders as a baton passer thanks to sleep powder and Quiver Dance, though you might want to give the support version the hidden ability wonder skin instead of tinted lens.

I've got a bunch of breeding rejects of Eevee's if anyone wants some. Most are 3 IV's with Bold nature and their HA. I might also have a 4IV Eevee with HA to give away, I'll have to take a look.

I could make use of a 4IV Eevee. If it's in a Luxury Ball then I'd like a female, if not a male.

Tenck

Wish me luck...

Some dude at work brought his 3DS to work today. We're well over 600 eggs combined. Hopefully we get something for you today :p

Edit: We're just half way done with our shift too. We should have 1200+ by the time we leave.

macklelol

Finally got a 5IV Venonat! Right now I have half a box full of them. If anyone wants one I'd be happy to give them away, it would make me feel better than just wonder trading them away.
They're all timid, in Luxury Balls and have the ability Tinted Lens, except one that has the ability compound eye, which when it evolves becomes shield dust. They also have the egg moves Giga Drain and Batton Pass. While I plan to make mine an offensive pokemon it can work wonders as a baton passer thanks to sleep powder and Quiver Dance, though you might want to give the support version the hidden ability wonder skin instead of tinted lens.

I could make use of a 4IV Eevee. If it's in a Luxury Ball then I'd like a female, if not a male.

I'll take a Venonat. I believe we're already friends, as well.

I would love to get a couple of Eevees! Planning to make an entire Eeveolution team!

Wazzy

Banned
I guess bold would be best if you have that, but if not anything will do. Also, do you want a male or female Venonat? That's all I can offer right now.
Don't worry about it, it's free.

And I have a bold with HA if you want or would you prefer without? If without, I've got a jolly if you're making a Leafeon and Adamant for Flareon.

Pfft, my Vivillon/Skitty/Farfetch'd team was totally 100% solid!

...But seriously, I only did that battle to show that guy not to invite me. I'm only a few hours in on my Japanese file. ;P
Em did you check your dex? Cause I was traded a Japanese Pumpkaboo (which evolved of course), and I had both entries in Japanese.
The guy in question wants a living JPN dex.

I know it's not much, but since you didn't want pokemon for the trade, I threw a couple of berries onto what was traded to you. I really appreciate the trade.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I appreciated the Hatching Power as well!

Some dude at work brought his 3DS to work today. We're well over 600 eggs combined. Hopefully we get something for you today :p

Edit: We're just half way done with our shift too. We should have 1200+ by the time we leave.
Wow. Thank you very much for keeping me in mind! Is there anything I can help you out with?

NEO0MJ

Don't worry about it, it's free.

And I have a bold with HA if you want or would you prefer without? If without, I've got a jolly if you're making a Leafeon and Adamant for Flareon.

I was planning on maybe raising a Vaporeon. Anyways I'll be using it to breed Eevees in the future so it would be nice to have one with the HA. When can you go online?

Tiamant

Finally got a 5IV Venonat! Right now I have half a box full of them. If anyone wants one I'd be happy to give them away, it would make me feel better than just wonder trading them.

I thought I was the only person in the world running a Venomoth, it's good to know there are more people out there who know how awesome he is :)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Newest shiny story!

And this Abra?

I was hunting for Espurr again today and got another shiny blocked for the 2nd time by a non-Espurr Psychic Pokemon in the FS. I think I&#8217;m just gonna MM Espurr now &#8230; this is getting outta hand. D:
(Abra ... you're Modest AND female ... I would have been so happy if you were an Espurr even thought I was trying to get a timid Espurr. But I love you anyway :3)

PS- Got the abra well trying to watch Korra. What's with Nick's site? It stops 8 mins in and wont go past that ...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Does any Non-US Gaffers have a decent breeding stud Espurr they can trade me for mming?

You threw a regular Pokeball or a ball with equivalent strength at a wild Abra that only knows Teleport. You dangerous, dangerous man.

NEO0MJ

I can go on now

All right, I'll be there soon.

I thought I was the only person in the world running a Venomoth, it's good to know there are more people out there who know how awesome he is :)

Venomoth is awesome. Only reason I didn't breed it so early is because of all the shiny new pokemon. One thing I really fear now though is Talonflame, all my poor bugs can't do a thing with it around.

Bladenic

Quick question, does Florges learn any moves after stone evolution or do I need to hold off on evolving Floette? Second, do those terrain moves affect the opposing team as well?

NEO0MJ

Thanks for the Eevee, Wazzy! Hope you find a use for that Venonat in the future, at least when breeding other bug pokemon.

Wazzy

Banned
How many rejects do you have?
I am planning to start breeding them myself so a Jolly and Bold would be great.

And yes if you still have one with HA that would be amazing!

I already added you. I will be on for another hour at least.

Do you need Timid Jotiks or Brave Honedges?

Most of mine are 3 IV but I can dig out some 4IV ones hopefully.

in-game name is Jolyne
These are free so don't worry about having to offer anything :)

I've got a jolly with 4IV's. I've also got a ton of 3IV HA Bold Eevee's if you would like. I can also breed one with 4IV's if you would like but it will take me a few minutes.

Oh, of course. Got to get that Nature and those EVs. Lol.

Are you saying that masuda doesn't work when using everstone and destiny knot? D:

A week or so ago I started hearing rumblings of concern over this. Story goes that using these items ( or at least the everstone) effectively screws the MM by making it so that all your eggs are trying to be one nature and that may or may not be in your favor.

Basically you're not telling the game to slip X nature on all eggs, you're telling the game to ONLY give you eggs of X nature. And the eggs with your shiny value may very well not have that nature for a long ways down the rng path.

OR it could go the other way and using the stone could HELP you get it in just a few eggs. No way of telling ...

IDK much about the topic but I did use to rng breed in BW and I did notice that the more you limit what you want your shiny to express the fewer options the program could find for you. I could be completely wrong ... but I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone who is all zombied up going "ARRGGGG! I'm on my 1000th egg!" are using these items and that I had no luck when using these items yet I got got a shiny litleo (relatively Superior but only one IV ) in only 2-3 boxes when I decided to do a test and take off the items.

These are free so don't worry about having to offer anything :)

I've got a jolly with 4IV's. I've also got a ton of 3IV HA Bold Eevee's if you would like. I can also breed one with 4IV's if you would like but it will take me a few minutes.

Those would be a perfect combo to get my next breeding project started.

A week or so ago I started hearing rumblings of concern over this. Story goes that using these items ( or at least the everstone) effectively screws the MM by making it so that all your eggs are trying to be one nature and that may or may not be in your favor.

Basically you're not telling the game to slip X nature on all eggs, you're telling the game to ONLY give you eggs of X nature. And the eggs with your shiny value may very well not have that nature for a long ways down the rng path.

OR it could go the other way and using the stone could HELP you get it in just a few eggs. No way of telling ...

IDK much about the topic but I did use to rng breed in BW and I did notice that the more you limit what you want your shiny to express the fewer options the program could find for you. I could be completely wrong ... but I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone who is all zombied up going "ARRGGGG! I'm on my 1000th egg!" are using these items and that I had no luck when using these items yet I got got a shiny litleo (relatively Superior but only one IV ) in only 2-3 boxes when I decided to do a test and take off the items.
I've obtained three other shinies while using the Everstone, and none of them took over 250 eggs. A lot of other people here are getting them pretty quickly as well. The fact that this egg is taking so long is an anomaly...

You threw a regular Pokeball or a ball with equivalent strength at a wild Abra that only knows Teleport. You dangerous, dangerous man.

My shinys deserve only the best, which is why I always have around 100 premium balls on me or 50 Luxury Balls. Got him in a crit-catch to B)

That PLUS I plan ahead! If I'm In a fs with even ONE pokemon that may know teleport I bring that lvl 37 Dugtrio with me to trap it. That male Kirlia seems pretty damn awesome ... but his first move was to teleport. Lucky for me I decided to not chance it and sent out my dugtrio instead of my main catcher. :D

I've obtained three other shinies while using the Everstone, and none of them took over 250 eggs. A lot of other people here are getting them pretty quickly as well. The fact that this egg is taking so long is an anomaly...

I got my shiny Ralts very quickly using Masuda Method and I used the Everstone and Destiny Knot

Like I said, could go either way. Your shiny egg may very well be easier to get with the items (cause its got that nature and you're skipping past the ones that don't). No telling until we can see whats going on.

And congrats on the ralts!
(sorry for the 2x post ..)

Top Bottom