• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

daripad

So next in my list is to breed one perfect Vaporeon. I need it to be X in physical and 31 in other stats, right? What eevee ability and nature should I aim to, since I plan to give it Wish, Baton Pass, Surf and Substitute? And is there anything else I should consider, like changing Surf with Toxic ir something like that?

Boogiepop

Okay guys, in the past day or so I've discovered that B does not stop trade evolutions (at least over WiFi), and apparently neither does Everstone. So I've got a bit of a conundrum. Is there any trick to getting and keeping a Japanese Pumpkaboo and Phantump on my English game? I'm trying to build a living Japanese dex for the gen VI pokemon, which I could then freely send forward to later games, but this is proving to be kind of a roadblock. Is there any way around this, or am I stuck?

Edit: Also just want to give a shout-out to the fact that I only JUST realized that the ring in Ursaring is a pun on the circle on his chest upon receiving a Japanese one that uses a similar pun. I have no idea how I missed that one, just wow.

Wichu

Okay guys, in the past day or so I've discovered that B does not stop trade evolutions (at least over WiFi), and apparently neither does Everstone. So I've got a bit of a conundrum. Is there any trick to getting and keeping a Japanese Pumpkaboo and Phantump on my English game? I'm trying to build a living Japanese dex for the gen VI pokemon, which I could then freely send forward to later games, but this is proving to be kind of a roadblock. Is there any way around this, or am I stuck?

Edit: Also just want to give a shout-out to the fact that I only JUST realized that the ring in Ursaring is a pun on the circle on his chest upon receiving a Japanese one that uses a similar pun. I have no idea how I missed that one, just wow.

I'm pretty sure Everstone does stop trade evolutions (the Pumpkaboo/Phantump has to be holding it).

Wichu

It does not, at least in the few times I've tried. They probably did this to stop GTS trolling with Gravelers holding Everstones.

Okay, that's messed up. Everstone's original purpose is now completely useless :(

Anyway, have you tried trading an egg over from a Japanese game and hatching it? I don't know if hatching an egg preserves its region...

spiritfox

Day 2.

They called me crazy. The shifting sands of Route 111 are as dangerous as they are beautiful. The neverending sandstorm has befuddled many an inquisitive soul, and nobody has made it to the center, and returned. But I will not falter. For I know that in the center of this treacherous land, lies a treasure unlike any other. Some call it the Queen of the Desert, but I call it... the Shiny.

And I will be the one to find it, even if it costs my life.

I'm sick of egging.

FSLink

Banned
Okay, that's messed up. Everstone's original purpose is now completely useless :(

Anyway, have you tried trading an egg over from a Japanese game and hatching it? I don't know if hatching an egg preserves its region...

I don't think it would keep the region, breeding two Japanese Pokemon doesn't result in Japanese Pokemon when it hatches in an English game fore xample.

daripad

Does anyone have a Bold Ditto? I don't care about its IV's but if it is from the Safari I would appreciate it even more. I can give a three IV Adamant Ditto and/or perfect 5 IV Shroomish or Joltik in return.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone have a Bold Ditto? I don't care about its IV's but if it is from the Safari I would appreciate it even more. I can give a three IV Adamant Ditto and/or perfect 5 IV Shroomish or Joltik in return.

Hmm. I'd love a Joltik. When can you go online?

Wichu

I don't think it would keep the region, breeding two Japanese Pokemon doesn't result in Japanese Pokemon when it hatches in an English game fore xample.

I'm not talking about breeding two Japanese Pokémon, I'm talking about breeding two Pokémon on a Japanese game. As far as I know, region isn't reset when an egg hatches, so this might work.
Does anyone know how this works in tandom with the Masuda Method? Is the increased shiny chance from using the Masuda Method a different mechanic?

Masuda method literally just makes your own number more likely to show up.

Man I need someone with Froakie in their friend safari so I can start trying to get a good one to train.

:( I have a friend with Wartortle at this point. Maybe I can get a good one from that and just trade...

A nice IV Greninja is all I want right now. Then I can finally complete my first real team for online.

ZenaxPure

Has anyone tried out Sableye in Doubles? Is it any good, or does it die too quickly?

Man, you want to know the real power of Sableye? Let me tell you some shit about my new favorite ghost pokemon. On a whim after I made mine I decided to use him on my triples team, in the center slot of all places. Turns out he survives until the end of the game in almost every single match I've played. With dual screens up he is surprisingly bulky and priority recover allows for him to act as a tank. The mid-game of a lot all battles involve him spamming recover while the enemies continue wasting attacks on him. It's even more hilarious when they decide to ignore him and he can just spam WoW freely.

Given how well he's performed for me in triples in the center honestly I can only imagine he is a beast in doubles where there isn't a third person trying to murder him constantly.

Holmes

Been breeding...too many...genderless Pokemon...ack *dead*

5 IV Rotom, Carbink and Beldum done. Staryu and Klink are next. Then no more genderless Pokemon forever. Sorry Magnezone.

WonderPup

Man, you want to know the real power of Sableye? Let me tell you some shit about my new favorite ghost pokemon. On a whim after I made mine I decided to use him on my triples team, in the center slot of all places. Turns out he survives until the end of the game in almost every single match I've played. With dual screens up he is surprisingly bulky and priority recover allows for him to act as a tank. The mid-game of a lot all battles involve him spamming recover while the enemies continue wasting attacks on him. It's even more hilarious when they decide to ignore him and he can just spam WoW freely.

Given how well he's performed for me in triples in the center honestly I can only imagine he is a beast in doubles where there isn't a third person trying to murder him constantly.
No one uses Taunt on it?

ZenaxPure

No one uses Taunt on it?

I run fake out on my Sableye and try to put an end to guys that I know typically run taunt before they can do anything. It does happen from time to time, though, when it does I usually just sacrifice him off, but, I also run tailwind on my team so a lot of times I can kill people before they kill him even taunted.

Even when he's taunted though, foul play is pretty brutal on a lot of pokemon.

Dude, I started a Japanese file last night. If you get me a breeding set-up for those things I'm perfectly willing to just hatch those two mons for you once I get the bicycle, which will hopefully be later today.

Just PM me with your FC and I'll add it later.

EDIT: I CAN'T READ. This is tough, yeah.

Considered it. Got a shiny Gard ready to be transferred in bw ... but she's got crud for ivs. May trade her to someone if need me.
Female Kirlia isn't terrable but she's not great. Gonna keep her a Kirlia.
Gonna look into how well a Gall can do with a nature that bites his speed stat.

Since it has Telepathy, imo your best bet is to use it with something else in Doubles. Maybe something that can use screens or provide Tailwind support.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/pokemon-episodes/

The Pokemon Origins English dub is out.

Johnny Yong Bosch is Brock. o__O Also I really don't like Red's dub voice, but Blue sounds fine. They also cut out the Charmander screaming during Squirtle's Bite.

Is Onix his Bankai?

Oh wait, I can't read.

Yeeeeah, that Phantump thing's kinda tricky. Let's see... the egg thing probably wouldn't work since language is determined upon hatching.

Did... did.... did GF really not think of that?

MegaMelon

Holy shit, just using mega kanghaskhan and a tiny bit of speed boost blaziken, I managed to reach a streak of 30 on super singles. Gonna go train my Gengar before returning to actually do this :)

Holy shit, just using mega kanghaskhan and a tiny bit of speed boost blaziken, I managed to reach a streak of 30 on super singles. Gonna go train my Gengar before returning to actually do this :)

$10 on your next streak ending from a missed Hi Jump Kick
it always end up that way

Oh, the plant ghost issue can be worked around with Pokemon Bank - it has confirmed that it doesn't evolve trade-evolvers. You'll need access to a cart set to Japanese, unfortunately. :/ Not a good situation!

Wait, what the hell? Is the Youngster at around 13:00 in episode 1 of Origins the voice of Musashi, too? It's got that same level of cheese.

EDIT: Oh shit, Johnny Yong Brocksh is awesome.

spiritfox

Oh, the plant ghost issue can be worked around with Pokemon Bank - it has confirmed that it doesn't evolve trade-evolvers. You'll need access to a cart set to Japanese, unfortunately. :/ Not a good situation!

Em did you check your dex? Cause I was traded a Japanese Pumpkaboo (which evolved of course), and I had both entries in Japanese.

Top Bottom