• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Like I said, could go either way. Your shiny egg may very well be easier to get with the items (cause its got that nature and you're skipping past the ones that don't). No telling until we can see whats going on.

And congrats on the ralts!
(sorry for the 2x post ..)
Yeah. I just wish there was a way to tell when I'm going to get a shiny, lol. That would be great. XD

Yeah. I just wish there was a way to tell when I'm going to get a shiny, lol. That would be great. XD

If you'd like, I could help you mass-check a whole buttload of eggs at once using the Instachecker. That might make it easier to find one that shares the same Shiny ID as you do.

So I'm taking a cracking at breeding myself a perfect pikachu. I need some help with some things I'm pondering.

1. Can you breed using a ditto and a pichu?
2. I've currently got these in the day care:
Ditto - outstanding - Special Attack and Speed with destiny knot
Pikachu - Super - Attack and HP

14 hatches later and I've got 3 good pichus
Modest - Super - BP, Attack, Special Attack and speed
Outstanding - Attack and Speed
Outstanding - Special Attack and Speed

Are any of these 3 good to start training or should I carry on hatching eggs?

Ideally I'm thinking a speed and attack pikachu,, but please correct me if I'm doing his all wrong Gaf.

If you'd like, I could help you mass-check a whole buttload of eggs at once using the Instachecker. That might make it easier to find one that shares the same Shiny ID as you do.
That would actually be awesome. Thanks man! I'll stockpile a ton of eggs, and get back with you when I have a bunch.

I really appreciate all the help and support you guys are giving me! PokéGAF is truly the best GAF.

NEO0MJ

Gonna shamelessly bump this:

Right now I have half a box full of 4IV Venonats. If anyone wants one I'd be happy to give them away, it would make me feel better than just wonder trading them.
They're all timid, in Luxury Balls and have the ability Tinted Lens, except one that has the ability compound eye, which when it evolves becomes shield dust. They also have the egg moves Giga Drain and Batton Pass. While I plan to make mine an offensive pokemon it can work wonders as a baton passer thanks to sleep powder and Quiver Dance, though you might want to give the support version the hidden ability wonder skin instead of tinted lens.

I really should read more on this to understand what the hell I'm supposed to do.

1. Can you breed using a ditto and a pichu?
2. I've currently got these in the day care:

Modest - Super - BP, Attack, Special Attack and speed

Pichu can't breed, you'll have to evolve it. Generally you'll want to give Pikachu perfect HP, DEF, SP.ATK, SP.DEF and SPD. The one above can be used to breed as it has 3 perfect IVs that are useful.

Korosenai

Seriously black wind, how are you getting so many shinys lol. I swear almost every other day you're posting a new friend safari Shiny.

Would love to get in on this if someone has the time to show me what's what with this. :D

Seriously black wind, how are you getting so many shinys lol. I swear almost every other day you're posting a new friend safari Shiny.

It's all in this post!

Simple really!

All I do is this!

1- Find a show to watch or something that's like a hour long viewing.

2- Use a Pokemon that attracts some kind of Pokemon (IDK if this helps or not but ALL my FS shinys came when I had a Pokemon that either attracts natures or genders or types)

3- Set your left shoulder button to be "A" so that you only need one hand.

4- Keep the 3DS somewhere in your sight line and have the sound up juuuussst enough to hear and react.

5- Learn to run, Check, repeat with just one hand barely looking at the screen.

BTW, this is the 2nd shiny I have gotten watching Scandal! :D

ALSO, for that Abra it maaaaayyy have been the result of an experiment.

Ya see, I read on 4chan that some guy left his 3DS on with his character just standing in the FS for like a day (closed 3DS) and within 5 or so encounters he got a shiny ... and the same happened again the next day when he tested it ... and the next. The theory is that the more TIME you're in the FS the more likely you are to get a shiny (like having a high chain of Pokemon with Pokeradar?)

Left mine closed as I slept and this morning it took 15-20 mins of running before I got her. My avrg is like 40mins to a hour plus ... got my first kirlia in just a few mins though so idk. Might test it again tonight.
Not sure.

I just thought of something... what am I supposed to do with all of these eggs when I'm done checking them? I can't release them. Can they be Wonder Traded? Am I going to need to hatch them all? Lol.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone have a Pokemon with 5 IVs from the bug egg group? I can give a 5 IV Bagon or a 5 IV Deino in return.

I have a 5IV venonat, but it's female. Plenty of 4IV males, though.

I just thought of something... what am I supposed to do with all of these eggs when I'm done checking them? I can't release them. Can they be Wonder Traded? Am I going to need to hatch them all? Lol.

You can only trade eggs with people you're friends with so...happy hatching!

Blasty

I don't have what you need but you don't happen to have any spare 4IV or 3IV Deino lying around do you?

I can give you a 5 IV one, but the nature isn't the right one. The 4 IV ones I have are the right nature though. Which do you want?

I have a 5IV venonat, but it's female. Plenty of 4IV males, though.

You can only trade eggs with people you're friends with so...happy hatching!

Could I have the 5 IV female and a 4 IV male to try and breed a 5 IV male? I can give a 5 IV male and female Bagon in return or a 5 IV Deino and 4 IV Deino.

NEO0MJ

Just to make sure, fighting wild pokemon doesn't overload you EV like it did in the past, right? We reach a maximum of 252 now.

Could I have the 5 IV female and a 4 IV male to try and breed a 5 IV male? I can give a 5 IV male and female Bagon in return or a 5 IV Deino and 4 IV Deino.

Sure. Any other 4/5 IV pokemon or is it just those two? Are they in Luxury Balls?

Inotti

Anyone intrested in perfect Sableye (from German region and German language game)?

Both have recovery egg move, calm nature and prankster:
-Sableye female 31,X,31,31,31,31
-Sableye male 31,x,31,x,31,31

Sableye doesn't need it's attack or S.Attack stat so basically both are perfect to use for competetive play or for masuda. I even think that lower attack stat is better than high. If someone tries to use foul play on you you are not going to take that much damage. :p (The sableye I use for battling has 0IV in attack and calm nature hinders it even lower)

I can give you a 5 IV one, but the nature isn't the right one. The 4 IV ones I have are the right nature though. Which do you want?.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I'd like a 4IV one if you still have them going spare. I can offer you a 4IV Kangaskhan if you like?

Anyone intrested in perfect Sableye (from German region and German language game)?

Both have recovery egg move, calm nature and prankster:
-Sableye female 31,X,31,31,31,31
-Sableye male 31,x,31,x,31,31

Sableye doesn't need it's attack or S.Attack stat so basically both are perfect to use for competetive play or for masuda. I even think that lower attack stat is better than high. If someone tries to use foul play on you you are not going to take that much damage. :p (The sableye I use for battling has 0IV in attack and calm nature hinders it even lower)
Oh I'm interested.
What are you looking for?

Why haven't we seen a calico cat Pokemon yet? Of all the cat Pokemon they could make, I'd love to see a calico and a (less-stylized) persian cat line; Meowth and Persian definitely don't count.

Maybe they could have a two-line kitty duo in Gen VII; a "street tough" calico / bobcat line with pragmatic attacks:

ijLioTplnCcv1.png

this isn't a calico but shut up that's not the point

and a "bookworm" purebred / smushy-faced kitty cat line along the lines of this, with higher special attack and a potential fairy typing:

pq09TJb.png

It could even be a dark bobcat and a psychic / fairy persian so there could be some semblance of a type-based rivalry, given dark beats psychic but is weak to fairy and all that.

If you want to go even further, maybe the persian could have a "purebred" styled ability that would make breeding for perfect IVs / natures become even easier.

Whatever you have! :D Have any kangaskhans or any other 4-5IV pokemon preferably male?
I got Jolly Scrappy Kangaskhan with
31/31/31X/X/31
31/31/X/X/31/31
Jolly Super Luck Absol
31/31/31/X/31/31
Timid Gastly
31/X/31/31/31/31
Bold Aroma Veil Spritzee
31/X/31/31/31/31
Jolly Sand Veil Gible
31/31/31/X/31/31
Everything but Kangaskhan is Male.

Blasty

Just to make sure, fighting wild pokemon doesn't overload you EV like it did in the past, right? We reach a maximum of 252 now.

Sure. Any other 4/5 IV pokemon or is it just those two? Are they in Luxury Balls?
Sorry. They aren't in Luxury Balls. The only 5 IV Pokemon I have are Deino and Bagon at the moment, but I'll breed more soon. I have do have 4 IV Gligars and Goomys. I might have 4 IV Gibles, Aron, Larvitars, and Fletchlings as well, but I would have to check.

Edit: Also, when I get the Venonats, I can breed 4 IV Larvestas and Scythers if you want.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I'd like a 4IV one if you still have them going spare. I can offer you a 4IV Kangaskhan if you like?

A 4 IV Kangaskhan would be great.

FC: 4725-8121-4981

NEO0MJ

Sorry. They aren't in Luxury Balls. The only 5 IV Pokemon I have are Deino and Bagon at the moment, but I'll breed more soon. I have do have 4 IV Gligars and Goomys. I might have 4 IV Gibles, Aron, Larvitars, and Fletchlings as well, but I would have to check.

OK. Then a 5IV Deino and a 4IV Goomy would be great, both males if possible. My FC is in my profile.

Edit: When can you go online? And thanks for the offer on Larvesta and Scyther, but I already have the former and hate later.

Edit: Also, when I get the Venonats, I can breed 4 IV Larvestas and Scythers if you want.

A 4 IV Kangaskhan would be great.

FC: 4725-8121-4981

FC: 3866-8001-0585, I'll be on in a few minutes. In-game name is Charlie!

Inotti

I got Jolly Scrappy Kangaskhan with
31/31/31X/X/31
31/31/X/X/31/31
Jolly Super Luck Absol
31/31/31/X/31/31
Timid Gastly
31/X/31/31/31/31
Bold Aroma Veil Spritzee
31/X/31/31/31/31
Jolly Sand Veil Gible
31/31/31/X/31/31
Everything but Kangaskhan is Male.

That Absol would be nice. :) Which one do you want? male or female? Beware that both have their German name "Zobiris". You can find my FC from my profile if we are not friends already. :) I'm online now trainer name Xalla! Please give me your FC.

The other Sableye will still be available for anyone who wants it! I already got what I wanted and these are extras. ;)

Edit: Thanks for the Absol! :)

Can anyone help me out with teambuilding? It's just for Showdown atm, but rather than try and keep a ton of pokes on rotation (because I'm lazy and copy-pasting import text is hard) I'm trying to build two teams out of some of my favorites, which are in the general OU range in the first place. One Mega per team would be nice, but not necessary. So far I've got:

- Scizor (mainstay)
- Togekiss (mainstay)
- Malamar
- Greninja
- Chandelure
- Volcarona
- Rotom-H
- Avalugg
- Haxorus
- Sylveon
- Hydreigon (optional)
- Scolipede (optional)
- Ferrothorn (optional)

Right now I have a singular core team that consists of:
Avalugg / Chanedlure / Haxorus / Malamar / Scizor (Mega) / Togekiss

But looking at that the other way around, I don't know that I'd be confident using a team of Volcarona / Rotom-H / Greninja / Sylveon / Hydreigon / Scolipede or Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn is fun, looks pretty boss and has decent coverage, but he's already used to death in singles so I'm not sure I'd feel all that great using him.

Can someone try and formulate a pair of teams out of the dudes listed? Overlaps (that is, one poke having a role in both teams) would work fine - I'm actually debating running a support-togekiss / mega-scizor and offensive-togekiss / support-scizor core on separate teams. There's also Mega Banette, but I'm not sure if he'd be worth using because his whole existence would essentially be revenge-killing or setting up Trick Room for Malamar.

That Absol would be nice. :) Which one do you want? male or female? Beware that both have their German name "Zobiris". You can find my FC from my profile if we are not friends already. :) I'm online now!

The other Sableye will still be available for anyone who wants it! I already got what I wanted and these are extras. ;)
The female, I want to try to Masuda. :)
Sure I added you, here's mine
3523-2245-8198
Andy
Edit: Thanks for the Sableye!

I have a bunch of Jolly 3 IV Kanga going spare as well as an assortment of Sturdy Bold Carbink, Gale Wings Adamant Fletchling and two Timid Smeargle if anyone wants them. I'd like a Shellder if anyone's got one?

Can anyone help me out with teambuilding? It's just for Showdown atm, but rather than try and keep a ton of pokes on rotation (because I'm lazy and copy-pasting import text is hard) I'm trying to build two teams out of some of my favorites, which are in the general OU range in the first place. One Mega per team would be nice, but not necessary. So far I've got:

- Scizor (mainstay)
- Togekiss (mainstay)
- Malamar
- Greninja
- Chandelure
- Volcarona
- Rotom-H
- Avalugg
- Haxorus
- Sylveon
- Hydreigon (optional)
- Scolipede (optional)
- Ferrothorn (optional)

Right now I have a singular core team that consists of:
Avalugg / Chanedlure / Haxorus / Malamar / Scizor (Mega) / Togekiss

But looking at that the other way around, I don't know that I'd be confident using a team of Volcarona / Rotom-H / Greninja / Sylveon / Hydreigon / Scolipede or Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn is fun, looks pretty boss and has decent coverage, but he's already used to death in singles so I'm not sure I'd feel all that great using him.

Can someone try and formulate a pair of teams out of the dudes listed? Overlaps (that is, one poke having a role in both teams) would work fine - I'm actually debating running a support-togekiss / mega-scizor and offensive-togekiss / support-scizor core on separate teams. There's also Mega Banette, but I'm not sure if he'd be worth using because his whole existence would essentially be revenge-killing or setting up Trick Room for Malamar.

I can try, it might take me a little while though

Ok, try this:

Scizor(Mega)/Togekiss/Chandelure/Ferrothorn/Hydreigon/Sylveon

Blasty

OK. Then a 5IV Deino and a 4IV Goomy would be great, both males if possible. My FC is in my profile.

Edit: When can you go online? And thanks for the offer on Larvesta and Scyther, but I already have the former and hate later.
Thanks for the Venonats.

I can try, it might take me a little while though

That's fine, I'm not in any hurry. I've been looking over Uncharted Territory for some potential extra options; at the moment, I've been trying to re-consolidate the ones I've listed into a core team of 6 each so that there's not much overlap in terms of roles and typing. Simplifying everything, it comes out to these two teams:

Lead / Spec. Sweep / Phys. Sweep / Spec. Tank / Phys. Tank / Wildcard
Greninja / Togekiss (Offense) / Haxorus / Sylveon / Ferrothorn / Malamar
Chandelure or Rotom-H / Roserade / MScizor / Togekiss (Support) / Avalugg / Volcarona

I really wish I could have something with decent speed-passing potential for Malamar, but with Sticky Web and the like being so rampant in Showdown I guess he doesn't necessarily need it. Overall, the point of Team Two Fairies (top) would be to set up entry hazards and scout where appropriate and culminate in Sylveon getting up Reflect and Calm Mind boosts to pass on to Togekiss, who would be running:

Kranklich (Togekiss) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash

While Team Two Fires would be more about having good team synergy in general, switching in to cover appropriate weaknesses (not to mention Rotom-H's potential immunity to Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave), and the Togekiss set there would put more emphasis on Heal Bell, Wish to heal up anyone significantly damaged, etc.

FFFFFF!

Just ran from a Shiny Togepi! Was laughing at a web comic so I didn't hear the ching .... and I didn't notice the egg pattern til it was too late. Checked the dex and yup, it was a shiny male ...

Hate slight shiny changes. Gotta stay in this fs now.

Top Bottom