• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

It's made me no longer value shinies as anything other than fun novelties, yes. Used to be I'd use a shiny in battle with a terrible nature and shit egg moves just because it was awesome. Nowadays if it's lacking even one perfect IV I need I'll probably stick it back in the PC. Shame, but on the other hand I'm glad they're more accessible to the people who want them.

In-game I really only ever went after shinies based on the design, not the novelty. Even on Showdown I'll usually only have one or two per team (such as GOAT lime Scizor or colgate Sylveon) because a lot of the recolors are either too subtle or just plain aren't worth it.

Korosenai

I just totally messed up. Should have went for the swords dance... Let's see how this plays out.

Edit: Gg's Scrafty. Your shiny Hawlucha was super sexy... Makes me wish I had a shiny :(

Kinokou

I'm kinda stumped as to a good starting point to begin breeding.

I've caught a bunch of dittos from friend safari but so far none with more than 2 perfect IVs. I guess if anybody has suggestions for some good pokemon to go into battle maison to get the items I need would be a good starting point.

It seems like having a near perfect ditto isn't as big of a thing for breeding in this generation?

What I learned: Start with something in two egg groups and avoid pokemon with baby forms. Breed some synchronizers to help with getting the right HA nature female in friend safari. Pop out some extra eggs of random natures when you have a good breeding pair so you can have extra male stock for the natures you need.

I'd say about 30-40 minutes of searching
Again, Nice! Letting mine sleep until I watch some TV.

I think you can create a batch, and the one that matches your own SV will be the shiny. Hatch it yourself and it will be under your OT and you wouldn't have to go through a massive list to hatch.

A lot of trust goes into this, hopefully I can get a shiny Ponyta :(

That was the way I planned on doing it ... until I figured out how backwards it is.

Sure, it's easier and faster to make 1-2 boxes of eggs than it is to make and hatch 1-2 boxes of Pokemon ... but at the end of the day you're still gonna have to hatch all those regrets.

On top of that you have to check and keep track of the SV for them.
"But you can trade them away!" That still requires you finding, contacting, adding and trading with a random person on a list ... over and over again.

Seems like a ton of work when you could just do it the trade way.

tqxfGMB.jpg

I am so happy right now! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everybody who helped me out on this long journey!!!

Sableye is actually more brown than I thought, it just doesn't translate well through pictures. I may need a Snickers after all...

Tenck, thank you for doing what you're doing for me. I would still love a shiny Sableye in my OT if you end up getting an egg with the right SV! I apologize for any inconvenience I've caused you. =/

Hey Skull, do you have the instacheck? Could you check my shiny id so I can put it in that google doc?
Sorry, I don't have it. =/

Ultimadrago

Just after I got done SV checking and started hatching unwanted eggs, this pops out:

LOOOL

I guess I didn't check for my own SV in all the madness. The IVs are lesser than the other chosen I'm working on getting hatched, but it's cool that I ended up getting one I OT'd anyways.

And congrats to SkullHydra~

Hey Skull, do you have the instacheck? Could you check my shiny id so I can put it in that google doc?

I can check for you, Nub.

DaBoss

Congrats, SkullHydra! Congrats, UltimaDrago!

Is anyone able to trade, need to check eggs.
I can help you with that.

EDIT: Looks like UltimaDrago will.

We can trade MicH. :p

Korosenai

Ok, what do I do? Just initiate and start a trade with you? Do I have to trade anything?

Congrats, SkullHydra!

Is anyone able to trade, need to check eggs.

I can help you with that.

Already started a trade with Drago, thanks for the offer though!

Edit: crap Drago, I ended the trade. Let's start over. Just go through with the trade, I have a Tyrunt for you.

Ryne

Ehhh ... for something to have "value" it must be something you're willing to use as currency of some kind (AKA trade). And I never planned on trading my shinys because I shiny hunt what I personally want to play with and keep.

Plus, value seems like it's normally based on what the Market WANTS + how appealing the Shiny appearance IS + how hard it is to get it.

The MVP shinys seem to be Tyrunt, That frog with the HA and Female Espurr. I would argue that the rarest of them all is female espurr. It's like Ralts but to the next level with it's fans. I've gotten 2 Shinys just trying to get this thing.
That's fair. I am still trying to get my favourite pokemon shiny'd under my OT, but other ones that I just want to battle with, or just like the alternate colours, I will try and seek help. I haven't had a shiny ever, so if/when I get one Ill definitely love it.

Edit: most of all, I want a shiny with a pokemon I don't like so I can trade it for Yveltal/other legendaries.

L.O.R.D

about that new program to check the pokemon

i always get this message
"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"
i am using laptop
i am connecting to the modem using usb wireless
and i have the wireless on my laptop un used

i have another program "connectfy"
is it ok to use it ?

I just totally messed up. Should have went for the swords dance... Let's see how this plays out.

Edit: Gg's Scrafty. Your shiny Hawlucha was super sexy... Makes me wish I had a shiny :(

Yeah, GGs! Sorry that last match was cut short; my router crapped out on me for some reason and I wasn't able to get it back up for a while.

El Diablo's super awesome, but he still needs some work before he becomes really viable. Why don't we have access to gems yet? T^T

What'd you think of my Exploud, BTW? I like throwing it out first because people have no idea what to expect ;P

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Would Serene Grace or Super Luck be better on a Togekiss? I think Serene Grace makes Air Slash very likely to cause flinch, but Super Luck could be useful.

Unicorn

Time to breed a Lucario, he's cool!

*Must evolve a Riolu if I want to pass down its IVs

Haha, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
I just gone doing this for clefable. Fucking stupid. Got a 5 IV eventually, but my soul was crushed just a little bit each day until it happened.

Korosenai

Yeah, GGs! Sorry that last match was cut short; my router crapped out on me for some reason and I wasn't able to get it back up for a while.

El Diablo's super awesome, but he still needs some work before he becomes really viable. Why don't we have access to gems yet? T^T

What'd you think of my Exploud, BTW? I like throwing it out first because people have no idea what to expect ;P
I think with el Diablo, just go for the swords dance right off the bat so you're guaranteed a boosted baton pass. He was the perfect partner for mega powers.

And I did not expect Exploud to ohko my Azumarill like that with Boomburst. That move is crazy powerful.

Neiteio

tqxfGMB.jpg

Sableye is actually more brown than I thought, it just doesn't translate well through pictures. I may need a Snickers after all...

Tenck, thank you for doing what you're doing for me. I would still love a shiny Sableye in my OT if you end up getting an egg with the right SV! I apologize for any inconvenience I've caused you. =/

Wow, congratulations, Skull. :) Goldeneye is a great name, too. Prankster Recover Sableye is truly one of the best all-around Pokémon. Incredibly useful!

Time to breed a Lucario, he's cool!

*Must evolve a Riolu if I want to pass down its IVs

Haha, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

it really isn't that bad, at least you're guaranteed 3 IVs just from a wild catch
(also force feeding vitamins is a funny happiness tactic)

Unicorn

I could've given you a Clefairy too, if only I'd seen that you wanted one.
How did you EV train yours? I went with what I think is an unconventional spread. I still need to test him in a match, but I saw a lot of salty comments about your clefable.

I think with el Diablo, just go for the swords dance right off the bat so you're guaranteed a boosted baton pass. He was the perfect partner for mega powers.

And I did not expect Exploud to ohko my Azumarill like that with Boomburst. That move is crazy powerful.

Yeah, SwordsPass is a great combo since it allows me to keep my momentum even when faced with an enemy I know I can't beat. In retrospect, that last match probably would've been radically different had I got for the boosted Acrobatics on Aegislash instead of Swords Dancing, but I was just so sure that you were going to use Shadow Sneak...

What are you going for? And how long to you reckon before we can come to conclusions at to whether this is legit or not

Right now I'm going for a Togepi to make up for the one I ran from.
(That's what I was doing when I woke up to test this out again. Arceus ... I'm grateful for the 2nd shiny Mawile ... b-but why did you give him the same hyper cutter ability and the SAME 31s in spATT/ Speed with a nature that downs attack and boost spDEF? I would have been happy with a Togepi with this set up ... I could have stopped ;_;)

But some of the time I just go to "safe" FS and see what happens (As in, I wouldn't mind any of the Pokemon in the FS being the shiny I get from there. Did that with the Den-Mouse ... wanted it above the others but I would have been happy with a Pikachu or Spider. Lucky it came out in my favor though.)

And I'm not sure ... like I said, it normally takes me 1 or 2 hours to get a shiny (IF I get one) yet both today and yesterday I came across one in less then 30 or 40 mins. I might not do it tonight, cause my 3DS has been on sense Friday o_O'

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Would a Pokemon from Canada work with MM? (I'm from USA)

PK Gaming

tqxfGMB.jpg

Congrats! If anybody deserved this, it was you.

Top Bottom