• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Unicorn

OH HEY GUYS I HEARD CLEFABLE

Calm Mind, it's gonna be big.
I debated this and still am. Got cosmic power, meteor mash, fire blast, and moonblast right now. Went for an attack centric build just to see how it would fare (haven't tried it yet). But, generally calm mind would work well too. Decisions decisions.

Atlantis

I debated this and still am. Got cosmic power, meteor mash, fire blast, and moonblast right now. Went for an attack centric build just to see how it would fare (haven't tried it yet). But, generally calm mind would work well too. Decisions decisions.

Personally think mixed/physical misses STAB Double-Edge a little too much, not to mention the lack of Play Rough.

Since you're going with Cosmic Power, why not try Stored Power? The coverage sucks but Clefable is a Pokemon that has the potential for multiple boosts so the BP would probably make up for that. Add in Moonblast and Moonlight and run Magnezone. This might be fun to experiment with actually...

Inotti

Anyone feel like helping me check my SV?

I can do it for you. Just offer me a trade and show me a pokemon that's OT is you. :) My ign is Xalla. I think we are friends already...?

Just to be clear, do you just want to see you shiny value or do you want to check your eggs? Do you have instacheck? Anyway, tell me what you want to know and invite me to trade. :D

Korosenai

Yeah, SwordsPass is a great combo since it allows me to keep my momentum even when faced with an enemy I know I can't beat. In retrospect, that last match probably would've been radically different had I got for the boosted Acrobatics on Aegislash instead of Swords Dancing, but I was just so sure that you were going to use Shadow Sneak...

Yeah, when you pulled off SwordsPass in game 3 or 4, it was instant game over for me lol.

And also on a side note, just got a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Tyrunt with DD, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang (thanks to Aggro for the initial Tyrunt), and i've got 5 5 iv Tyrunts to give out for anyone who wants one.

edit: This is what i've got, all with DD, ice fang, and thunder fang:

Male - 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Female - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - 31/31/xx/31/31/31

Busaiku

DT9G-WWWW-WWW3-XCRB

Good stuff Beats.
This is why Cosmic Power rules.

I had no idea about Stored Power though.
Totally gonna get that.

Well, then again, that would let Malamar continue to run amok...

Ultimadrago

Yeah, when you pulled off SwordsPass in game 3 or 4, it was instant game over for me lol.

And also on a side note, just got a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Tyrunt with DD, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang (thanks to Aggro for the initial Tyrunt), and i've got 5 5 iv Tyrunts to give out for anyone who wants one.

Male - 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - 31/31/xx/31/31/31

I'll take the female please.

Ryne

Male - 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - 31/31/xx/31/31/31

May I have a male? Would make a good start for breeding I think

EMT0

Banned
Please show me a pokemon that is not egg, if you want me to check your shiny value. :)

Oh, darn. Can you offer something up and then reject the trade? I accidentally hit A too fast and offered it :(

EDIT: I hate Game Freak's poor design decisions .-.

daripad

Male - 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - xx/31/31/31/31/31
Male - 31/31/xx/31/31/31

Can I have the first male?

These Beldum are driving me insane :(

I don't have the same luck as you!

*runs away crying*

Ha, that reminds me of Tumblr ... someone offered me a "dragalge an alomomola, beldum and a crobat" for one of my Kirlia.

Ever since I posted this pic people have been hounding me for one on tumblr. Even some girl who has "Shiny give-a-ways" cause of how many shinys she has gotten (including the baby starters with HA. She's asking about my Male Kirlia ...).

Believe in the Pikachu ... your time will come!

Inotti

Oh, darn. Can you offer something up and then reject the trade? I accidentally hit A too fast and offered it :(

Don't worry I still had those Nidoran's you gave me earlier. ^^ Your Shiny Value is 457 and that egg's shiny value is 4015

EMT0

Banned
Don't worry I still had those Nidoran's you gave me earlier. ^^ Your Shiny Value is 457 and that egg's shiny value is 4015

Thanks a bunch dude.

What are you guys doing to get a whole bunch of eggs with good IVs? Getting two really good parents and breeding them together to ensure awesome IVs all around, wishing for the best? And does checking each egg require trading with somebody to record its shiny number?

Atlantis

DT9G-WWWW-WWW3-XCRB

Good stuff Beats.

Totally gonna get that.

Malamar is weak to Fairy and you resist Superpower and Night Slash so I think that'd end in Clefable's favor unless it's running RestTalk.

Bulky Pokemon and walls would probably be a problem for this Clefable so Toxic Spikes would probably work well. I hadn't actually thought of a Stored Power set before so I'll have to experiment with it...once I finally get around to creating a team.

DT9G-WWWW-WWW3-XCRB

Good stuff Beats.

Totally gonna get that.

Oh, please no! If you can get +6 Def and Sp.D through Calm Mind, Stored Power will have 260 power!!!

DON'T DO IT BUSAIKU! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Wichu

Thanks a bunch dude.

What are you guys doing to get a whole bunch of eggs with good IVs? Getting two really good parents and breeding them together to ensure awesome IVs all around, wishing for the best? And does checking each egg require trading with somebody to record its shiny number?

Yeah, just get good parents and a bunch of eggs. I have a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Spanish male and a 31/31/31/31/31/31 female Goomy in the daycare, and I've gotten five 31/31/31/31/31/31 children already.

Also you don't need to trade the egg to get its SV, you just need to show it. Takes maybe 2 seconds per egg.

Right now I'm going for a Togepi to make up for the one I ran from.
(That's what I was doing when I woke up to test this out again. Arceus ... I'm grateful for the 2nd shiny Mawile ... b-but why did you give him the same hyper cutter ability and the SAME 31s in spATT/ Speed with a nature that downs attack and boost spDEF? I would have been happy with a Togepi with this set up ... I could have stopped ;_;)

But some of the time I just go to "safe" FS and see what happens (As in, I wouldn't mind any of the Pokemon in the FS being the shiny I get from there. Did that with the Den-Mouse ... wanted it above the others but I would have been happy with a Pikachu or Spider. Lucky it came out in my favor though.)

And I'm not sure ... like I said, it normally takes me 1 or 2 hours to get a shiny (IF I get one) yet both today and yesterday I came across one in less then 30 or 40 mins. I might not do it tonight, cause my 3DS has been on sense Friday o_O'

Ah nice, can't pretend I see the appeal shiny Togepi in all honesty, looks the same to me! But I wish you luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get it! I've left myself in a safari with Ninetales, Pyroar and Growlithe. Would be happy with any of them!

Ah nice, can't pretend I see the appeal shiny Togepi in all honesty, looks the same to me! But I wish you luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get it! I've left myself in a safari with Ninetales, Pyroar and Growlithe. Would be happy with any of them!

I'm not overly interested in Togepi either! But the great Arceus decided to bestow one upon me ... and I didn't notice and ran away. I have to make up for this!

Plus, I thought it would be a nice partner for my Male Kirlia once he evolves!
(Prepping to MM it ... at least that way I can get a reg one with good IVs!)

Good luck! Still need a safe Growlithe FS! D:
(That 9tails/ Pyroar/ Grow set up is a great example of a safe FS!)

Meier

Why not? 3 IV is okay for you or will you wait for a better one?
Works for me! I am not an experienced breeder by any means and don't have a Friend Safari person with it so I am down for whatever. I think the Ditto I have isn't maxed at all so that's an upgrade for me.

My FC is 0860-3248-3202 / Jon.

daripad

Works for me! I am not an experienced breeder by any means and don't have a Friend Safari person with it so I am down for whatever. I think the Ditto I have isn't maxed at all so that's an upgrade for me.

My FC is 0860-3248-3202 / Jon.

0173-1643-5762/ Dario ingame

Top Bottom