• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Busaiku

But the best comeback of all was last night -- Sableye vs. Sableye, but I switched to Kangaskhan, barely survived Foul Play, and I predicted correctly and tricked him on two switches (used Return when he switched from Sableye to Xatu, and Earthquake when he switched from Xatu to Sableye -- both of his tempts to block me with an immune Pokémon failed):

FN2W-WWWW-WWW3-WCYQ

Man, that's not a comeback.
You were both down to 2 Pokemon!
Clefable beat 4 Pokemon by itself!

Neiteio

Man, that's not a comeback.
You were both down to 2 Pokemon!
Clefable beat 4 Pokemon by itself!
The other one was definitely a comeback. :)

This video you posted is amazing, though. Every time Abomasnow uses Sheer Cold is like a game of Russian roulette, lol.

Atlantis

2C4W-WWWW-WWW3-XFNM

THE BEST COMEBACK EVER
CLEFABLE IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Even after so many Flinched attacks, Confused attacks, and Light Screen, Clefable still beat their entire team of Kelfki, Mega Kangaskhan, Abomasnow, and Hitmontop.
Thank goodness Sheer Cold couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Yassss.

Clefable love makes me so happy.

Fun fact: with my updated typing thing, Fire / Ice would become a Bug / Steel of sorts; its only weakness would be Fighting, while its individual weaknesses (Earth / Water / Steel / Fire) would all get canceled out.

Growlie19

Since Furfrou shone relatively quickly, I've decided to Masuda Method another: Fennekin. If you want to, you can help me hatch 'em all. My ign is Jared if you're on my friend list.

MicH

Third time's a charm! Third batch of Beldums and I've already had TWO SV matches! (none here though). One is perfect and one is near perfect. I've written to one of them (can't write to the second as NuggetBridge is down). I hope this works out. I haven't even checked the others in the batch yet!

That shiny value stuff sounds really nice/amazing and as much as I would love to partake in it I feel determined to get shinies from breeding on my own :(

Someone talk me out of it

Third time's a charm! Third batch of Beldums and I've already had TWO SV matches! (none here though). One is perfect and one is near perfect. I've written to one of them (can't write to the second as NuggetBridge is down). I hope this works out. I haven't even checked the others in the batch yet!
Awesome, congrats man!!!
If you have one with the SV 3747, I'll do you the favor of taking it off your hands. =P

MicH

Awesome, congrats man!!!
If you have one with the SV 3747, I'll do you the favor of taking it off your hands. =P
I don't :(

Also this is crazy. I had 0 matches in my first 60 eggs... and 4 matches in my last 30.

Wut?

Let's see how many I am able to get. More than one is a perfect one, too! (31/31/31/x/31/31)

EDIT:
If people wanna check if I have their TSVs, here are my pastebins:

Batch 1: http://pastebin.com/edFCkg0f
Batch 2: http://pastebin.com/M0qKrU3u
Batch 3: http://pastebin.com/5Bv4L3ND

Fury Sense

Thanks for the help!
No prob!
That shiny value stuff sounds really nice/amazing and as much as I would love to partake in it I feel determined to get shinies from breeding on my own :(

We still breed on our own. We breed two perfect pokemon via traditional (or eggsploit) methods, then we use those to make lots and lots of eggs.

HRa7XRq.png

https://googledrive.com/host/0B-87kUxqbOyidFE0UHp1LUtsTkU/iv.html

For a hidden ability, 11% of the eggs will be viable (perfect), and about 15% if you only want a normal ability. The rest will have 4IVs and nature instead of 5.

Mass produce eggs and count the perfect ones.

You still had to breed them all. The only difference is who hatches it. By using this method, you multiply your access to a shiny hatch by almost a thousand times.

And if you don't want someone else to hatch your egg and become the OT, you can continue to SV check until you find one that matches your own TSV. This is the same as the masuda method, only you hatch the eggs AFTER you find the shiny instead of before.

Well technically, you're still doing the breeding. You'll just need to team up with someone else to hatch it. Just think of it as a way to involve your friends into the process. It's even more social!

____DO IT_____

No prob!

We still breed on our own. We breed two perfect pokemon via traditional (or eggsploit) methods, then we use those to make lots and lots of eggs.

HRa7XRq.png

https://googledrive.com/host/0B-87kUxqbOyidFE0UHp1LUtsTkU/iv.html

For a hidden ability, 11% of the eggs will be viable (perfect), and about 15% if you only want a normal ability. The rest will have 4IVs and nature instead of 5.

Mass produce eggs and count the perfect ones.

You still had to breed them all. The only difference is who hatches it. By using this method, you multiply your access to a shiny hatch by almost a thousand times.

And if you don't want someone else to hatch your egg and become the OT, you can continue to SV check until you find one that matches your own TSV. This is the same as the masuda method, only you hatch the eggs AFTER you find the shiny instead of before.

How would I know what the IV's of the child are?

Ultimadrago

Just got my first success with the SV method. Thanks to PokeCommunity. Got a perfect Hasty Shiny Froakie now. Think I'll go for Tyrunt next!

Busaiku

Did you invest in Speed on Mega Ampharos?
Yeah, it let you beat Clefable, but I don't think it's good overall, I mean there are very few things you can beat with it.

It might've been better on Special Defense, so you can take more Moonblasts.

But yeah, I was freaking out when you Baton Passed into Espeon instead of Dragonite.

Zidy

Anyone got a Safari with Frogadier? I have one with Quilladin. PM me if you're able to add me! my FC is 1091 7736 4782

DaBoss

Someone should check this out: http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/1qv4qc/tsvsearcher_program_released/

Not sure if it is linked to Reddit's list only. Would be cool if we can link it to any list.
I get EV's and IV's now, but for some reason I feel like I don't get this shiny value Instacheck stuff ;_;
The basic premise is that every Pokemon has a SV (Shiny Value) and every trainer has a TSV (Trainer Shiny Value). If those 2 match, the Pokemon that is encountered in the wild will be a shiny, and a Pokemon will hatch as a shiny.

What Instacheck does is it allows you to check IVs, SV, TSVs (the trainer has to be the OT of that Pokemon to find out this value and cannot be an egg), nature, ability, and etc. of Pokemon eggs and hatched Pokemon.

Since it allows you to see all of that information, you get a bunch of eggs, check them on Instacheck, note down the perfect Pokemon's SVs and then see if someone has a matching TSV and get them to hatch it for you. This would make you not the OT. You can check for it to match your TSV, but that may be time consuming, but that is up to you.

TWILT

Banned
Did you invest in Speed on Mega Ampharos?
Yeah, it let you beat Clefable, but I don't think it's good overall, I mean there are very few things you can beat with it.

It might've been better on Special Defense, so you can take more Moonblasts.

But yeah, I was freaking out when you Baton Passed into Espeon instead of Dragonite.
I've had my Mega Amp destroy alot of things. Not even Goodra survives a Dragon Pulse after Baton Passing a few Calm Minds on to it.

I should have tried to destroys the screens earlier. Next time though...

Neiteio

How To Kill A Mega Kangaskhan:

Take a bulky Dusknoir with Pressure...

...have him use Will-O-Wisp on Kangaskhan...

...and then Infestation...

...and then Protect...

'Khan's Earthquakes will be hitting for paltry damage while burned. His Sucker Punches won't be hitting at all and will be depleted of PP in short order due to Pressure and Protect. Meanwhile, his HP is eroding due to Will-O-Wisp and Infestation, the latter of which also prevents his escape.

It happened to my 'Khan. I was so impressed by this strategy that I wrote down the ingredients! The fourth move, if anyone is wondering, was Thunder Punch, but I suspect one could play with that fourth slot. I wonder what his rationale was for Thunder Punch.

I also wonder how well this Dusknoir would work against Mega Mawile. It would erode Mawile's Sucker Punch just as handily. How well can a bulky Dusknoir tank an Iron Head or a Rough Play from a burned Mega Mawile?

Neiteio

If you run crunch instead of sucker punch that dusknoir would be 2hko.
Yes, but nobody is going to run Crunch instead of Sucker Punch on their 'Khan. Sucker Punch saves too many matches when the other team manages to cripple 'Khan with paralysis or when the opponent is faster, or when a slower Pokémon about to use a priority move, I.E. Azumarill with Aqua Jet.

How To Kill A Mega Kangaskhan:

Take a bulky Dusknoir with Pressure...

...have him use Will-O-Wisp on Kangaskhan...

...and then Infestation...

...and then Protect...

'Khan's Earthquakes will be hitting for paltry damage while burned. His Sucker Punches won't be hitting at all and will be depleted of PP in short order due to Pressure and Protect. Meanwhile, his HP is eroding due to Will-O-Wisp and Infestation, the latter of which also prevents his escape.

It happened to my 'Khan. I was so impressed by this strategy that I wrote down the ingredients! The fourth move, if anyone is wondering, was Thunder Punch, but I suspect one could play with that fourth slot. I wonder what his rationale was for Thunder Punch.

I also wonder how well this Dusknoir would work against Mega Mawile. It would erode Mawile's Sucker Punch just as handily. How well can a bulky Dusknoir tank an Iron Head or a Rough Play from a burned Mega Mawile?

Thunderpunch is probably for paralysis / type coverage; the only other "viable" damaging move Dusclops has is Night Shade, which runs of the risk of not affecting Normal-types.

Neiteio

Thunderpunch is probably for paralysis / type coverage; the only other "viable" damaging move Dusclops has is Night Shade, which runs of the risk of not affecting Normal-types.
Yeah, that's probably the reason. :)

Just occurred to me, Sucker Punch would still work when Dusknoir uses Infestation because the first round of Infestation is an attack, no? I wonder why I didn't do that. Or maybe I did and he still somehow survived?

EDIT: Ah, I remember -- I used Earthquake the turn he used Infestation, because Sucker Punch had failed against Will-O-Wisp and I didn't want to jeopardize another turn. So much for that!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes, but nobody is going to run Crunch instead of Sucker Punch on their 'Khan. Sucker Punch saves too many matches when the other team manages to cripple 'Khan with paralysis or when the opponent is faster, or when a slower Pokémon about to use a priority move, I.E. Azumarill with Aqua Jet.

I've seen a few sets running crunch instead of sucker punch and honestly there are pros and cons. It's her only priority move but you can somewhat easily predict it and stall it out with status, like dusknoir did. Or just switch out to something that cam deal with Khan effectively. Crunch has that guaranteed damage, plus parentalbond doubles its chance to lower defence.

MicH

GOT MY PERFECT SHINY BELDUM :D OH MY GOSH!!!

And I'm now getting ready to send another one away to be hatching (though not perfect, but pretty damn close (20 Spe instead of 31)

What do I do with all these lol

Top Bottom