• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like honestly, poison stall gliscor completely shits on mega Khan. If it runs a sucker punch set there's nothing you can do to damage it significantly till you're forced to switch out from toxic build up or just die.

Busaiku

I've had my Mega Amp destroy alot of things. Not even Goodra survives a Dragon Pulse after Baton Passing a few Calm Minds on to it.

I should have tried to destroys the screens earlier. Next time though...

I don't think Light Screen was up at the time.
I think I might've had 2 or 3 Cosmic Powers though.

Quest1

PokeGAF I need your help. I currently have no way of breeding Rock Blast onto my cloyster, so do any of you have any skill link shellder with rockblast?

I can give you some solid 4/5iv pokes like Bagon, Charmander, Larvitar, noivern, drillbur, or froakie. Message me.

:p So, no one's found out about this yet?

Happens in sea spirits den, and the cave you find banettite.
The OP of the thread is looking in other places. May be a puzzle or something.
Another Regi puzzle?

GOT MY PERFECT SHINY BELDUM :D OH MY GOSH!!!

And I'm now getting ready to send another one away to be hatching (though not perfect, but pretty damn close (20 Spe instead of 31)

What do I do with all these lol
Congrats dude! Feels good doesn't it.

Ultimadrago

Thank you! We must have a Shiny Metagross vs Shiny Metagross match sometime

Indeed.

img_0455a2skq.jpg

Such a magnificent beast!

Meier

Been doing horde battles in Victory Road for a few hours. Someone on YouTube only took 26 tries for a shiny Floatzel. I still have never gotten a shiny ever. :(

Tenck

So much chocolate representation in the thread today. Very nice~

I got you a free Shiny actually Drago. Just waiting on this one guy to hatch my Sableye. Hopefully I didn't give him the wrong one either, or I'll die of embarrassment.

Edit: Or unless you want to be OT, then we'd have ourselves an issue :p

ramyeon

So jealous of all the perfect shinies :( so annoying that the program for checking these IDs and whatnot only works on Windows, I'd love to have some of these viable shines in my party.

MicH

Well, he worst part about this method of getting shinies/good IVs are all the leftover eggs. I have 90 eggs left. What am I gonna do about these? :(

Seriously considering just keeping them until the end of December, Pokebank them onto my Y and nuke them all.

Regiruler

Bah, what happened to this thread anyway?

My impression is that the game is cracked or something? Bleh.
Then again, tired and skimming don't make for a good combination.

EDIT: You're all terrible people.

Bah, what happened to this thread anyway?

My impression is that the game is cracked or something? Bleh.
Then again, tired and skimming don't make for a good combination.

EDIT: You're all terrible people.
The game hasn't been hacked or cracked. People have found a way to see the hidden values of eggs, to find out who they will hatch shiny for. People are sending the right people certain eggs, those people hatch the Pokémon as a shiny, then they send it back.

No hacking involved. Read this for more info.

Regiruler

The game hasn't been hacked or cracked. People have found a way to see the hidden values of eggs, to find out who they will hatch shiny for. People are sending the right people certain eggs, those people hatch the Pokémon as a shiny, then they send it back.

It involves an outside program to find data that is not normally available through calculations?

I will have no part of it. None

EDIT: ID? Eh, still won't participate.

you're manipulating the game, just like RNG'd shinies and stuff in gen 5!

or so the "purists" will tell you

(surprise surprise: everyone's gonna find and abuse any exploits available!)

This is gonna be a dumb question, but I was outta the Pokemon loop for a long time before XY.

Are Shiny Pokemon just colored differently, or do they have any improved/different attacks/stats? Is it just an aesthetic thing?

Tenck

This is gonna be a dumb question, but I was outta the Pokemon loop for a long time before XY.

Are Shiny Pokemon just colored differently, or do they have any improved/different attacks/stats? Is it just an aesthetic thing?

Different colors. I believe they also need more EXP to level up, but don't quote me on that. Not after a 12 hour shift anyways!

Regiruler

It's stuff like this that makes me lose faith in the fanbase.
Gamefreak tries to make the game more accessible and in return we continue exploitation, and others join in on the exploits.

(Not referring to anyone in particular here, just in general)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gamefreak tries to make the game more accessible and in return we continue exploitation, and others join in on the exploits.

Shinies are so stupidly rare for what is basically a palette swap that there's no reason to not exploit it, unless you're either a masochist or do nothing but play pokemon.

ramyeon

Shinies are so stupidly rare for what is basically a palette swap that there's no reason to not exploit it, unless you're either a masochist or do nothing but play pokemon.
Well that does make them all the more special and valuable. Once everyone starts having parties full of competitively viable shines it won't be as neat anymore, I can see where they are coming from.

Um... what? I still bred all those eggs. I just had someone else hatch one for me. It's building on the social aspect of the games!

Unicorn

Well that does make them all the more special and valuable. Once everyone starts having parties full of competitively viable shines it won't be as neat anymore, I can see where they are coming from.
Yeah, the single determiner for a poopsocker will no longer be exclusive.

Top Bottom