• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Um... what? I still bred all those eggs. I just had someone else hatch one for me. It's building on the social aspect of the games!
If the only shit you give about some others is that they'll let you use them to get a Shiny, sure, it's more social.
I'm not against it, but I wouldn't delude myself to say that this is improving the social aspect of Pokemon.

spiritfox

Most shinies look like ass anyway, with color schemes that look worse then the original. Once the novelty wears out, I would rather use a normal Pokemon unless the shiny is actually good looking.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well that does make them all the more special and valuable. Once everyone starts having parties full of competitively viable shines it won't be as neat anymore, I can see where they are coming from.

You still have to breed a stupid amount of eggs. They're neat but not to the point of discouraging people to make the process a little shorter, because let's face it, it's just a way to create more bbusy work for the more dedicated fans. They're going to get it eventually anyway, and you can't even really call it an exploit.

let it be known: if you were against 5th gen RNG methods you're against this new shiny finder
This has nothing to do with RNGing though.
If the only shit you give about some others is that they'll let you use them to get a Shiny, sure, it's more social.
I'm not against it, but I wouldn't delude myself to say that this is improving the social aspect of Pokemon.
There's nothing stopping people from just giving other people the eggs.

And yes, it sort of is a social thing - you help others, others help you. A bit isolated, but hey.

ramyeon

You still have to breed a stupid amount of eggs. They're neat but not to the point of discouraging people to make the process a little shorter, because let's face it, it's just a way to create more bbusy work for the more dedicated fans. They're going to get it eventually anyway, and you can't even really call it an exploit.
Depends, if you have good networks of people all sharing their SV like here or some Twitch streams then you could potentially get one in the first few batches, I've seen that happen for some people.

Dunno how my OCD would like the OT name not being mine though.

This has nothing to do with RNGing though.

There's nothing stopping people from just giving other people the eggs.

And yes, it sort of is a social thing - you help others, others help you. A bit isolated, but hey.

exact same concept, using an exploit within the game to generate a desired outcome

Actually, I'm now friends with both people I've traded eggs with. So even if it's not always like that, it does happen.

And I'm not saying people need to use it. Just that it's not as evil as some people seem to think.

HawthorneKitty

Actually, I'm now friends with both people I've traded eggs with. So even if it's not always like that, it does happen.

And I'm not saying people need to use it. Just that it's not as evil as some people seem to think.
Is Friend Safari improving the social aspect of Pokemon too?

exact same concept, using an exploit within the game to generate a desired outcome
I would expect that someone who knows a bit about competitive battling would know the difference between the techniques behind RNG Reporter and this program. Don't be disingenuous.
Yeah, I'm going to wait for the rampant Shiny giveaways to strangers. It can happen, I know.
I've seen several instances where people will just breed a bunch of eggs and give 'em to people whose TSVs match. I'm looking at one right now, in fact.

It's still a matter of being around in the right place, but so is everything else.

Unicorn

Can someone please help me determine my Shiny ID? I also have a bunch of Goomy eggs to check too. Instacheck thread is pretty dead.

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

HawthorneKitty

Um... yeah. I've met a lot of cool people through it, in addition to it increasing my drive into this section of PokéGAF.
You are an oddball then; I won't even ask how or how often you interact with these people.
I'm not saying it's bad that you are benefiting from this, but please don't expect your experience reflects on others that peruse the Internet for Pokemon stuffs.

You are an oddball then; I won't even ask how or how often you interact with these people.
I'm not saying it's bad that you are benefiting from this, but please don't expect your experience reflects on others that peruse the Internet for Pokemon stuffs.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't been running around proclaiming that the Friend Safari is pushing social bounds, or even mentioned it at all.

Devo

The Greatest Warrior lives again:
fhE6n0zl.jpg

31/xx/31/31/31/31 Protean. Bred using the SV checker. Not sure if I wanna do it again, but I love my new Greninja!

Shoutout to Fury Sense for helping me check the SVs on my eggs!

HawthorneKitty

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't been running around proclaiming that the Friend Safari is pushing social bounds, or even mentioned it at all.
It's the same concept though; why have we made a spreadsheet about what others hold? To obtain access to their Pokemon. We are using others solely to get what we want.
Yes, there are instances where people just add without looking for something specific, but they're adding for Pokemon, not to be social.

It's the same concept though; why have we made a spreadsheet about what others hold? To obtain access to their Pokemon. We are using others solely to get what we want.
Yes, there are instances where people just add without looking for something specific, but they're adding for Pokemon, not to be social.

what is the true meaning of being social /philosophytime

fhE6n0zl.jpg

31/xx/31/31/31/31 Protean. Bred using the SV checker. Not sure if I wanna do it again, but I love my new Greninja!

yo damn
too bad it doesn't have max attack IVs, guess your U-Turns don't hit as hard as they could :p

fhE6n0zl.jpg

Dang, that looks incredible! I want one now...

Chris R

Cleaning up my Pokedex by catching stuff before it slips my mind. Man, "Rare" spawns suuuuuuuuck when they are the one you need to catch, but show up so many times when you don't need them any more.

Just read about gaming shinies. Crazy shit

I'm pretty happy with my team and I don't mind the original colour schemes. The main thing I don't like is not being the OT. I've gone out of my way to breed good 5 IV pokemon that I've gotten from people just so I could be the OT, I can't help it lol

GOT MY PERFECT SHINY BELDUM :D OH MY GOSH!!!

And I'm now getting ready to send another one away to be hatching (though not perfect, but pretty damn close (20 Spe instead of 31)

What do I do with all these lol

... You coulda stood in Arceus's light with me :(

Devo

theprodigy said:
yo damn
too bad it doesn't have max attack IVs, guess your U-Turns don't hit as hard as they could :p
Attack IV is 28, but I haven't decided if I want to keep U-turn...

Why Extrasensory over Dark Pulse?
Dark Pulse gives you better coverage.
Haven't totally decided on the moveset yet, but that's a fair point.

Korosenai

I think i'm gonna try this set out... looks pretty fun

Togekiss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

Top Bottom