• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Mega Medicham is fun.

I accidentally bred Fake Out onto mine and it's actually turning out to be useful. Regular Medicham isn't the fastest Pokemon out there, so Fake Out allows me to Mega evolve safely without taking a hit. Then I can take advantage of the extra speed next turn.

Is Ice Punch or Thunder Punch a better option? Ice Punch has better coverage, so I'm wondering why everyone seems to be running Thunder Punch instead.

Tenck

I've got a level 94 Sableye (or I think it's 94. Definitely over 90 though) that is Calm and has Prankster. Has Foul Play, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Recover. Anyone interested in it? It has been IV bred too. I accidentally went into grass and fainted one Pokemon with EXP share, so it's got like one whole stinkin EV in Speed.

It's free btw. I don't really need anything in return.

I've got a level 94 Sableye (or I think it's 94. Definitely over 90 though) that is Calm and has Prankster. Has Foul Play, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Recover. Anyone interested in it? It has been IV bred too. I accidentally went into grass and fainted one Pokemon with EXP share, so it's got like one whole stinkin EV in Speed.

I'll take it!

FC is 2320-6152-0406

NEO0MJ

Speaking of Munchlax, are there any benefits to hatching it instead of Snorlax?

Also, anyone that has any spare Helix fossils?

CrimsonN0

Mega Medicham is fun.

I accidentally bred Fake Out onto mine and it's actually turning out to be useful. Regular Medicham isn't the fastest Pokemon out there, so Fake Out allows me to Mega evolve safely without taking a hit. Then I can take advantage of the extra speed next turn.

Is Ice Punch or Thunder Punch a better option? Ice Punch has better coverage, so I'm wondering why everyone seems to be running Thunder Punch instead.

I've bred a Meditite, but haven't gotten around to training it and I've been wondering that too.
I guess Thunder Punch would be good against Azumarill?
I'd probably just use Ice Punch, if only to punch out dragons.

Fury Sense

Heartless

I've bred a Meditite, but haven't gotten around to training it and I've been wondering that too.
I guess Thunder Punch would be good against Azumarill?
I'd probably just use Ice Punch, if only to punch out dragons.

Oh yeah, Azumarill is definitely a threat. Resists both Ice Punch and High Jump Kick.

CrimsonN0

How did I forget that Mawhile is Fairy and had Play Rough?

EDIT: Actually, even forgetting that, switching in Tyranitar on Mawhile is just really dumb of me.

I can see how SHiny traders aren't happy about SV. Seems like shinys have gone from "Offer up a desirable shiny for mine!" to "Offer up a shiny with the RIGHT nature and GOOD IVs for mine" with the FS to ... just flat out "I have a near prefect Shiny! I wont accept anything less than a near prefect Shiny!".

Just over the past few days I have seen "near prefect" shinys being trumpeted as the standard. I was just google shiny Togekiss (I STILL can't find ANY pics of this thing in XY!) and came upon someone offering one up and asking for "good offers".

Clearly the poster had used the SV because it's very strange to get a shiny that's that good and have it be fully evolved without liking it enough to keep it. I very rarely see fully evolved Shiny Pokemon being traded unless they're trash IV and Nature wise. So some guy offers a Shiny 4iv MS Dragonair and they attempt a trade ... but the Togekiss guy called it off and told the other guy he shouldn't scam. He still has his Togekiss so clearly he has either this or some other means of seeing the IVs before a trade.

It's strange ... this thing allows people to see through scams but it also encourages them by making a normally HIGHLY RARE thing (Damn near flawless shinys) the standard for those who want to trade shinys.

So yeah ... if I were really into trading shinys this would be devastating and I would feel the need to begrudgingly join the SV party for higher class trading.

Busaiku

Clearly the poster had used the SV because it's very strange to get a shiny that's that good and have it be fully evolved without liking it enough to keep it. I very rarely see fully evolved Shiny Pokemon being traded unless they're trash IV and Nature wise. So some guy offers a Shiny 4iv MS Dragonair and they attempt a trade ... but the Togekiss guy called it off and told the other guy he shouldn't scam. He still has his Togekiss so clearly he has either this or some other means of seeing the IVs before a trade.

I'd kick Shiny Perfect Togekiss to the curb any day.
Jirachi for life.

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Can I still get in on this?

Busaiku

Oh wow.
After 252:43, Pokemon Y has finally usurped Fire Emblem Awakening as my most played game.
Animal Crossing New Leaf was last night, so I figured it would get there today.

Fury Sense

I think we've been surprised by how trustworthy people have been so far with the SV trades too. Everyone I've seen or heard of has been very cooperative... nicknaming, hatching in a requested location, even letting the egg-layer hold a valuable pokemon while they wait.

However I think this climate is more of a honeymoon period. Especially as people get more and more requests. I've had 4 hatch requests already and already the second person I helped didn't even give me a "Nice!" after the trade back (yes that shit matters!). I'm still trying to get in touch with the next two (nuggetbridge has been down). Matching an SV was a big deal on the first day, but already we are seeing some duplicate TSVs and, as predicted, value of shinies has gone down. 50 eggs already gives 99.9% probability of finding a match on Nuggetbridge. I think the commoditization is going to make background checks a mandatory step in trading with someone within a week.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
xWWq3BY.jpg

Boom! Why is there no photo op over here?

Firestorm

I think we've been surprised by how trustworthy people have been so far with the SV trades too. Everyone I've seen or heard of has been very cooperative... nicknaming, hatching in a requested location, even letting the egg-layer hold a valuable pokemon while they wait.

However I think this climate is more of a honeymoon period. Especially as people get more and more requests. I've had 4 hatch requests already and already the second person I helped didn't even give me a "Nice!" after the trade back (yes that shit matters!). I'm still trying to get in touch with the next two (nuggetbridge has been down). Matching an SV was a big deal on the first day, but already we are seeing some duplicate TSVs and, as predicted, value of shinies has gone down. 50 eggs already gives 99.9% probability of finding a match on Nuggetbridge. I think the commoditization is going to make background checks a mandatory step in trading with someone within a week.

Who on Nugget Bridge? If they're an IRC regular I can get you in touch. Sorry about the site being down x.x

Honestly I have heard some crappy things with Reddit traders but Nugget Bridge / Smogon should be fine.

Fury Sense

Who on Nugget Bridge? If they're an IRC regular I can get you in touch. Sorry about the site being down x.x

Honestly I have heard some crappy things with Reddit traders but Nugget Bridge / Smogon should be fine.
Yeah, I think so too. Reddit is the last place I look. NB seems like a pretty friendly community. I'm in #smogonwifi and #nuggetbridge, just lookin for klsekl and jelome1989, but I'm sure we'll be in touch soon enough.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aw man andy (hypnodarkrai I think?) thank you so much for the dusclops. Sorry I couldn't give you something good in return though. Not sure what you wanted.

Also thanks to steel baron for that shuppet.

NEO0MJ

Are you still looking for an Omanyte? I can breed some with Toxic Spikes.

That would be awesome. i already have the pokemon I was gonna breed it with (cloyster for toxic spikes and Quagsire for haze) so skipping one step would be good. PM me your FC when you're ready, mine is in my profile.

Top Bottom