• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Unicorn

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS
1382315848379.jpg

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Yes, this is still a go. Actually haven't started delivering yet, but PM me and I'll compile a list.

So far, I've got:
Nub
Haunted_taco
Daripad
EG hartlax
Fireblend
Mumei
Scythesurge
Pbalfredo
Frek

Actually, does anyone else know of some other "colgate shinies?" That is, shiny pokes that are white, pinkish-red / candy red and a minty cyan color? Right now I have:

-Sylveon
-Scolipede

I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing any others.

L.O.R.D

Beldum - Jolly, Clear Body, 30\26\31\31\29\31

i guess this is good, no need to hatch again
its very hard to breed Beldum , the care guy say they don't love each others

its remind me of this

ci5YCUz.png

Hobobloke

Second floor of the Pokemon Lab in Lumiose. Interact with the cardboard boxes

Awesome, thanks.

Halfway done on my team now and have a bunch of 3/4 IV Kangaskhan's, Talonflame's and Rotom's laying around, if anyone is after one just let me know.

Next to work on is Gliscor, going to have to start from scratch though so If anyone has a spare with any IV's already let me know.

ZenaxPure

Does anyone else not really mind the low Pokemon count this gen?

I feel pretty much the exact opposite in every regard. It's without a doubt the biggest disappointment to me with X/Y. I don't really care if the pokemon are competitive or not when I am going through the main story, I care about constantly encountering new Pokemon which X/Y fails so incredibly hard at. Not only does each route have 10 or so Pokemon, out of each of those there is usually only one brand new pokemon on each route AND in a lot of cases those pokemon are rarer. That game initially gave me an awful impression when the first battle I got into was with a god damn Pidgey of all pokemon, that's the last thing I want to see when I am playing a new pokemon game.

Honestly if it wasn't for the amazing changes they made to endgame (easier breeding, maison including all battle types, fixing rated battles, stuff like wonder trade for dumping rejects, etc. etc.) I'd ended up ranking this as one of the weakest games in the series.

Really though the core of the problem is not the fact that they only added ~69 new pokemon, it's that they put so many old ones into the wild as well that you end up running into more old than you do new. That should be saved for the games like B2/W2 not the first game, the first should be a chance for the new pokemon to stand out. Hopefully next gen they add at least 100 new guys and tone down the amount of old pokemon you encounter until you beat the game (or better yet take the B/W approach).

Busaiku

I've gotta do a couple more runs, but I think there's something off about the Bicycle in this game.

Whenever I'm hatching eggs, I'm always wondering why it takes so long on the Bicycle to hatch some eggs, even though I've got Talonflame on the lead and sometimes have Hatching Power Level 3 on.

So this one time (still gonna test some more after my system's charged), I kind of tested it out.
I activated Hatching Power Level 3 when I got my 6th Pichu egg on both the Bicycle and Roller Skates.
Both times, by the time the 6th egg hatched and I released all of my Pichu, Hatching Power Level 3 had ended (3 minutes).

So I think the Bicycle might not make a difference when hatching.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've gotta do a couple more runs, but I think there's something off about the Bicycle in this game.

Whenever I'm hatching eggs, I'm always wondering why it takes so long on the Bicycle to hatch some eggs, even though I've got Talonflame on the lead and sometimes have Hatching Power Level 3 on.

So this one time (still gonna test some more after my system's charged), I kind of tested it out.
I activated Hatching Power Level 3 when I got my 6th Pichu egg on both the Bicycle and Roller Skates.
Both times, by the time the 6th egg hatched and I released all of my Pichu, Hatching Power Level 3 had ended (3 minutes).

So I think the Bicycle might not make a difference when hatching.
Did you have to dash with the skates?

Oli

Is this the right place to trade?

I need to trade someone my Haunter then have it traded back so I can evolve it.

If anyones willing.

upandaway

so i have this Beldum

Beldum - Jolly, Clear Body, 30\26\31\31\29\31

what the best moves i should tech him ?
I'm going with Agilicross for my Beldum, I used it for a bit in BW and it was pretty fun. Also considering using him with Assault Vest for the Maison but that's only theoretical right now.

MicH

Two perfect Marills.. a male and a female. No TSV matches, unfortunately, but at least I can breed them for a better chance at getting some perfects with TSV matches.

Now to hatch these 60 eggs. Thankfully Marills hatch very easily

Boogiepop

So, after the frustration of breeding two 4 desired IV Pokemon together last night (+in the past), I had a thought: Is it quicker to switch to using a power item+Destiny Knot for a batch there, hope for a 5IV desired IV Pokemon, and then throw that back with the opposite gender 4IV Pokemon? It's an extra step, but depending on how useful the Power Item is in increasing the odds for Destiny Knot, I could see it being worthwhile.

Has anyone run the odds on getting the desired 5IVs with/without using a Power item? For that matter, is it known how exactly the game works out a Power item and Destiny Knot (I'm assuming just locks one of the five as what you want)? Trying to figure out if I can increase efficiency in the breeding process, haha.

DaBoss

So, after the frustration of breeding two 4 desired IV Pokemon together last night (+in the past), I had a thought: Is it quicker to switch to using a power item+Destiny Knot for a batch there, hope for a 5IV desired IV Pokemon, and then throw that back with the opposite gender 4IV Pokemon? It's an extra step, but depending on how useful the Power Item is in increasing the odds for Destiny Knot, I could see it being worthwhile.

Has anyone run the odds on getting the desired 5IVs with/without using a Power item? For that matter, is it known how exactly the game works out a Power item and Destiny Knot (I'm assuming just locks one of the five as what you want)? Trying to figure out if I can increase efficiency in the breeding process, haha.
You're correct.
U9FaPZE.png

cU1Y85q.png

NEO0MJ

I need to make sure of something, if a pokemon loses its egg moves when it levels up at the day care, does it still pass it on to the offspring or do they lose it, too?

daripad

Does anyone have a 31/31/31/X/31/0 Honedge that would lend/gift me? I can give a bold 31/X/31/31/31/31 male Eevee with Wish or a Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31 male synchronizer Ralts

What Pokemon have you guys been finding to be a good counter against Mega Kangaskhan? It's such a force if it goes unchecked, I'm just trying to figure out what the best options to deal with it are.

Korosenai

What Pokemon have you guys been finding to be a good counter against Mega Kangaskhan? It's such a force if it goes unchecked, I'm just trying to figure out what the best options to deal with it are.
Weakness policy aegislash with sacred sword. Take the first hit while using sacred sword, instant 2x attack, kanga dead. Its been working out for me on showdown and some matches online.

6 IV Larvitar get! Yeah! Also coming with Pursuit and Dragon Dance. That didn't take long. Thanks again to Holmes for hooking me up with the father.

That sounded weird..

Blasty

I'm using this team in Showdown and I'm really liking it, but I need a bit of help with it. I decided on most of their items on a whim because I couldn't decide what I wanted to put on them. Are their any better items besides the choice items? (I don't like being locked into one move) What changes should I make?

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EV's: 252 Spe / 4 Sp. Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
-Bugg Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Roost
-Quiver Dance

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def / 252 SpA