• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

YES! I won the mind game for once.

9FNW-WWWW-WWW3-2BMX

And when his last Pokemon came out.

76986-rihanna-happy-laughing-gif-SAGk.gif

Inotti

Where do you find those battle video codes? I always choose "yes" to all battle video saving etc. but can't find that code anywhere so that I could show my videos to others. o_O

Where do you find those battle video codes? I always choose "yes" to all battle video saving etc. but can't find that code anywhere so that I could show my videos to others. o_O

You need to be online. Then check the Vs. Recorder in Key Items. You can upload videos and get the codes there.

THE HOLY TRINITY IS COMPLETE
Goolossus / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)
Goomega / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)
Gooliath / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)

Now to Super Train them and then Wonder Trade them off to random strangers!

... Wichu, you have given me inspiration to do something AWESOME with this SV stuff!

1- Make kick-ass IV shinys and give them to any noob kid players I can find!

2- Do the above but wonder trade them for XMAS!!!

If Shiny Pokemon are gonna lose "their value" then we might as well make something good come from it! Like the Pumpkaboo and Fire Fox WT dump I did for Halloween!

Wichu

Oh ok, sorry about that. Just read this :p

Do you want a 5 iv Deino in return?

I actually already have one of those, sorry... I'm not really expecting anything in return, since this is a spare. But feel free to shoot me anything you have spare :)

EDIT:
... Wichu, you have given me inspiration to do something AWESOME with this SV stuff!

1- Make kick-ass IV shinys and give them to any noob kid players I can find!

2- Do the above but wonder trade them for XMAS!!!

If Shiny Pokemon are gonna lose "their value" then we might as well make something good come from it! Like the Pumpkaboo and Fire Fox WT dump I did for Halloween!

LET'S DO THIS!

L.O.R.D

Cycle around more. If they don't like each other they'll still breed, but it will take longer.

Alternatively, trade your Ditto for someone else's Ditto. Pokémon with different OTs like each other more.

thanks for the info guys

any one have two ditto from safari ?
3 perfect IV

Inotti

I don't see how Shiny Pokemon lose their value compared to the last few gens where hacks are available.

And when pokebank opens people are going to bring their haked shinies to this gen. I don't think that any legit check by game freak is goin to prevent that. :p

DaBoss

And when pokebank opens people are going to bring their haked shinies to this gen. I don't think that any legit check by game freak is goin to prevent that. :p
Well GameFreak seems to have done something that doesn't allow people to use Pokemon that would be transferred from older games, so that means no hacked Pokemon in ranked battles, not sure about everything else.

EDIT: Seems I was mistaken, it is maybe only for the VGC.

Inotti

Well GameFreak seems to have done something that doesn't allow people to use Pokemon that would be transferred from older games, so that means no hacked Pokemon in ranked battles, not sure about everything else.

Really? You can't use pokemon transfered from older games in rating battles? Don't know how I feel about that though. :eek: It's not like hacked (but legit looking) pokemon get any advantage in competetive battles anyway since the GF made breeding in Gen6 so much easier.

Boogiepop

Does anyone have an extra 5 IV male from the Monster Egg Group I could have or borrow? Trying to breed a Kangaskhan

I have some Mareep laying around. I'm assuming Kangaskhan wants all IVs except Special Attack? I have exactly one 31/31/31/X/31/31 male left. You have anything good to offer? Worst case scenario I'm realizing I don't have a Kangaskhan for breeding yet, so I'd settle for some decent scraps once you're done.

I don't see how Shiny Pokemon lose their value compared to the last few gens where hacks are available.

If you're a shiny trader then yes, you're seeing the effects.

This gen gave us FS ... and as such you see a LOT more people asking for shinys with the "right nature" cause you can expect that. NOW, after this SV stuff, I see a ton more people expecting damn near flawless shinys to be traded for their damn near flawless shiny. Now, if you're a trader, it's not enough to have a rare shiny ... cause many more people can do that. It makes the value of reg ol shinys far less. (not that I care, I hunt shinys I WANT ... not to collect and trade)

In the past with RNG it's highly personal and far more annoying (I will say that I RNGed a few flawless Pokemon that I really wanted ... also gave out the extra flawless Shiny Axew that I made on gaf but I don't think that's the norm. When people normally RNG breed shinys or flat out hack them it's for personal gain and less "social". You don't have to involve others). THIS SV stuff though? It's simple, you can make a TON of different shinys with ease unlike RNG breeding. And to top it off, it's not cheating or pokegening so those who couldn't get into RNG breeding can be apart of this without feeling bad.

Basically, the easier you make it to get a legit "flawless" shiny the less "value" that Star mark holds to some people. I personally don't give 2 farts from a rats ass about Shiny Traders and their view on value ... but I see their point.

Ultimadrago

I have some Mareep laying around. I'm assuming Kangaskhan wants all IVs except Special Attack? I have exactly one 31/31/31/X/31/31 male left. You have anything good to offer? Worst case scenario I'm realizing I don't have a Kangaskhan for breeding yet, so I'd settle for some decent scraps once you're done.

That male would be great. I can certainly get you a great Kangaskhan to use once I'm done.

DaBoss

Really? You can't use pokemon transfered from older games in rating battles? Don't know how I feel about that though. :eek: It's not like hacked (but legit looking) pokemon get any advantage in competetive battles anyway since the GF made breeding in Gen6 so much easier.
Don't know if you caught my edit, but I'm not sure if it applies to Rating Battles. It does apply to those tournaments that they host. I would assume it does apply to Rating Battles, but I could be wrong.

A hacked or legit Pokemon can be bred to be made as a "usable" Pokemon.
Serebii said:
The literal definition of this pentagon, given by the Pokémon Company, is that the Pokémon is ok to use. This came from the rules of the upcoming Dragon tournament in Japan where, on looking deeper into the fine print, it is stated that Pokémon that were transferred from Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 cannot be used. There is a possibility that the mark could be for Pokémon obtained natively in the Kalos region, with other marks for Pokémon transferred, but this will not be made clear until December 25th when Pokémon Bank is released

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, since it seems to get missed at the bottom of my wall of IV bred Pokemon: I got a shiny female Litleo off the GTS, and I'm honestly not a huge fan of shiny Pyroar far as I can tell (looks kinda Garchompy- IE really similar to the normal). I realize shiny value is probably down nowadays, but I'd be up for trading it if anyone has any decent offers (don't really have a strong attachment to it since it's not one of my personal catches).

GF could make it so that any Pokemon that DOESN'T have the Hexagon can't be WT off the system at least. They're already making rules about this for tournaments, right? As long as people keep their hacked mons to their game I don't see the fuss.

MicH

I think my next project is Pinsir. And my next shiny project is Tyrunt (I will then have three bred and EV trained Tyrantrums lol). That beautiful sapphire

Is there anything in Gen 2 that's difficult to get in this game outside of the starters? I'm feeling nostalgic and wanna pick up Soul Silver

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what are some good gen 6 trick room pokemon? So far my trick room team is:

Bronzong
Gallade/machamp
Reuniculus
Breloom
Slowking
M banette

Top Bottom