• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

That would be awesome. i already have the pokemon I was gonna breed it with (cloyster for toxic spikes and Quagsire for haze) so skipping one step would be good. PM me your FC when you're ready, mine is in my profile.
What nature do you want it?
3523-2245-8198
Andy
Edit: Leaving it up to chance :p

CrimsonN0

Well, it does learn Automatize. I guess that most people expect that it would set up sword dance while in shield stance, so it has a surprise factor.

It didn't use Automize, but my fastest pokemon was only base 75 and 2 of them were weak to his Sacred Sword.
Its just usually Bisharp can take care of the standard Aegislash so I got suprised,

And now in a battle of Vileplume vs. Shuckle.
Going about the same as last night's Vileplume vs. Blissey which actually timed out with both of us at full health.
Unfortunately, this guy still has 1 other pokemon,,,
,,,and I've run out of attack PP,

Gonna have to forfeit,

Killadji

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Oh ! I want one !

CrimsonN0

Someone is using a Crobat that is slower than a Tyranitar.

My Tyranitar isn't even Jolly,

EDIT: A Scizor using Vacuum Wave on my Hitmonchan. It actually outpeeds me normally, too.

NEO0MJ

Someone is using a Crobat that is slower than a Tyranitar.

My Tyranitar isn't even Jolly

That should be impossible. Even if it had zero speed IV, no speed IV and a nature that took from speed its base 130(?) speed should be able to outspeed the average Tyranitar. At least that's what one would expect.

No eggs yet @_@
Ditto do your job! >[
Edit: Hehe complaining worked :)

Nice. When can you send it? No need to hatch the egg.

That should be impossible. Even if it had zero speed IV, no speed IV and a nature that took from speed its base 130(?) speed should be able to outspeed the average Tyranitar. At least that's what one would expect.

Nice. When can you send it? No need to hatch the egg.
I already hatched it...
It was female too.

CrimsonN0

hah, Vileplume's Effect Spore kicked in on MegaKangaskhan's attack and put it to sleep,

-------------------------

Bisharp Sucker Punched Mewtwo down to 1HP and then avoided his Fire Blast.

-------------------------

A Mewtwo with Double Team.,,

... actually managed to hit him even after two Double Teams.

Zoon

Don't know if it's already been said or confirmed but I strongly believe that chaining in friend safari works the same way as chain fishing.

Who the fuck thought the current FS was a good idea? At the very least the pokemon should change every so often.
I think they're an interesting replacement for the old swarms/outbreaks (remember those), but the implementation could do with a bit of work. 3 Pokemon feels like too few (if the Pokemon change you're back to outbreaks really, then again if the Pokemon do change you have to make the most of the moment) and with how many Pokemon are obtainable which leads to you having to nearly fill your friend list with just safari people if you really want everything. I guess you can trade for some of them.

spiritfox

I think they're an interesting replacement for the old swarms/outbreaks (remember those), but the implementation could do with a bit of work. 3 Pokemon feels like too few (if the Pokemon change you're back to outbreaks really, then again if the Pokemon do change you have to make the most of the moment) and with how many Pokemon are obtainable which leads to you having to nearly fill your friend list with just safari people if you really want everything. I guess you can trade for some of them.

I just want a safari that's not just a patch of grass. Let just set up areas based on friend codes, and have the Pokemon be determined by what is set up.

colinp

Banned
I just want a safari that's not just a patch of grass. Let just set up areas based on friend codes, and have the Pokemon be determined by what is set up.

I've got a friend who has eevee as his third in the FS but I NEVER SEE HIM ONLINE!

It's driving me crazy.

Still, I love FS and hope they expand it in future iterations. This is a great start, I think.

MicH

Anyone have any leftover female Marills in luxury balls?

I don't feel like catching one of my own and it having shit IVs :(

hey everybody at gaf

so I was breeding for a speed boost torchic with baton pass and all I could get is a perfect iv male w/bp but no speed boost
anybody could help me?
or maybe anybody with spare one ?
I can offer bp items for one, or maybe something else.

Anyone have any leftover female Marills in luxury balls?

I don't feel like catching one of my own and it having shit IVs :(
Grab a syncer and catch a few Azurill. Sure, you have to spend a couple minutes riding around on a bike to evolve it, but that way you have at least 3 max IVs.

MicH

Grab a syncer and catch a few Azurill. Sure, you have to spend a couple minutes riding around on a bike to evolve it, but that way you have at least 3 max IVs.
I completely forgot about baby Pokemon having 3 max IVs. This is fantastic, thanks for the tip :D

KLonso

It would be much more interesting if it were similar to the Pal Park from Gen IV, where each type could have its own unique geography

ugoo18

How does the pickup ability work for something like leftovers?

I've got a pokemon with the ability and it's level 85. Do i just battle wild pokemon with it till it grabs something?

KLonso

How does the pickup ability work for something like leftovers?

I've got a pokemon with the ability and it's level 85. Do i just battle wild pokemon with it till it grabs something?

What chance that I happen to be reading this right now. Not too long ago, I actually leveled up 5 linoones to level 91, (which I now realize wasn't necessary, only had to be level 81) using Restaurant Le Wow. What you need to do is, once they're at level 81, battle random wild pokemon and check your party after each battle. If one of your linoones is holding an item, remove it, and continue until you get leftovers. Statistically speaking, using 5 linoones at level 81 or above, it should take 200 battles at max, (1/10 chance of getting an item, 1/100 chance of that item being a linoone, multiplied by 5 linoones).

ugoo18

What chance that I happen to be reading this right now. Not too long ago, I actually leveled up 5 linoones to level 91, (which I now realize wasn't necessary, only had to be level 81) using Restaurant Le Wow. What you need to do is, once they're at level 81, battle random wild pokemon and check your party after each battle. If one of your linoones is holding an item, remove it, and continue until you get leftovers. Statistically speaking, using 5 linoones at level 81 or above, it should take 200 battles at max, (1/10 chance of getting an item, 1/100 chance of that item being a linoone, multiplied by 5 linoones).

5 to level 81 :/

Damm lol, what are the odds with just one?

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Is it still too late to get one of these? I've always wanted a Goomy :3

Shiny Togekiss is meh. It's like finding a cool white car in GTA but then going to the mod shop to get it repainted to Frost White because that golden glare sucks.

I really hope we get more "colgate shinies" in the future - that is, ones that are a mix of white, minty cyan and some kind of pinkish-red. Examples:

0xVumCB.png

I hope that I'll be able to make a full Team Colgate some day.

MicH

Started on my next project: Marill.

It is tough to hoard these eggs. I don't get them fast enough and they hatch before I get 6 :p So I have to deposit them very often.

From breeding Beldums to Marills.. damn, the difference is astonishing

You can't chain (pokeradar) in friend safari. If that's what you were talking about. :p
I'd say it is unlikely for the effect to happen as the boost should come with the risk of failure (in fishing not getting a bit or reeling too slow, in radar grass...everything from grass shaking the wrong way, another encounter, not getting another shake etc).

I've not figured out encounter times or anything but the person who made the automatic shiny finder found 3 shinies in Friend Safari overnight. This seems a lot more likely than the usual odds (they say it takes ~25s to encounter and run...that is about 300 1800 attempts for 12 hours) which does point in favour of something.

Does anyone else not really mind the low Pokemon count this gen? Overall I'd probably rank XY's pokes over Gen IV and even Gen II considering the even-numbered gens usually have more pokemon (while the odd gens focus on refining gameplay mechanics). II and IV have some contenders for cool dudes, of course (Togetic line, Rotom, Gallade, etc.) but I feel like there was just so much filler in hindsight. V was pretty good at having similar-but-not-quite-clone pokes for Black and White but I'm glad they went back to the typical "national dex" formula in BW2. XY's Pokemon just feel so refined, both aesthetically and from a gameplay perspective - it's interesting that they've even taken old, perhaps even gimmicky concepts and tried to revamp them again to make them competitive. Take Shuckle, for example, who's been given a crapton of "buffs" each gen with gimmicky moves like Power Trick but still doesn't make it anywhere near OU just because, well, he's Shuckle. I feel like Game Freak has some core favorites that they keep trying to push to become viable, and when that doesn't work out they try and refine the concept and introduce a new Pokemon with a similar gimmick, hence the Shuckle > Carbink progression.

You could even argue that Ninjask lucked out in RSE and DPPt, but once it died out in BW they tried re-introducing the concept in the slightly bulkier form of Scolipede.

I actually kind of hope we just get some minor newcomer listings of about 50-75 per gen and they just use the original filler dudes we've already got (which are already in the hundreds) and add Megas or new gameplay concepts where appropriate.

Top Bottom