• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Looking for a recommended final move for my Offensive Zapdos, any suggestions?

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Dragon
- Roost
- ???

Busaiku

Good to know. I feel so stupid now for taking out a pokemon whenever it becomes close to losing its egg moves. Good thing I only did this with Venonat.

No, that's not stupid.
The Day Care people will overwrite the move if it learns enough moves.

Boogiepop

Just out of curiosity: is it still better to run the IV spread for Reuniclus listed on Smogon? I'm guessing it's outdated since it's running numbers based on a specific metagame, but is there still reason not to just go full HP and Sp. Atk?

No, that's not stupid.
The Day Care people will overwrite the move if it learns enough moves.
The parent will forget it, but that egg move will still be passed to the child until you remove said parent from the Day-Care.

What have I done?! I accidentally declined giving the people in Resteraunt Lé Wow a tip!
I am a horrible person. DX

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, cross-posting my breeding rejects (+1 random shiny) from the trade thread (I've seen other people's stuff pop up in here, but if it's not okay I'll get rid of this):
Pawniard: all Brave and Defiant
Male 31/31/31/X/31/X
Male 31/X/31/31/X/0
Female 31/31/31/31/X/X

Goomy: all Sassy, mostly Sap Sippers with some Hydration
9 Male, 1 Female 31/X/31/X/31/0
Female 31/X/31/31/X/0
5 Male, 4 Female X/X/31/31/31/0
Male 31/X/31/31/31/X
Male 31/X/X/31/31/0

Mareep: all Quiet and Static
2 Male, 2 Female: X/31/31/31/31/0
5 Male, 2 Female: 31/31/X/31/31/0
2 Male, 1 Female: 31/31/31/31/X/0

4 Male, 3 Female: 31/31/31/31/31/X
1 Male, 1 Female: 31/X/31/31/31/31
1 Male, 1 Female: 31/31/X/31/31/31
Male: 31/31/31/X/31/31
3 Male, 4 Female: 31/31/31/31/X/31

Solosis: all Quiet (and in Luxury balls!), mostly Magic Guard with some Overcoat
3 Male, 3 Female: 31/31/31/31/31/X
3 Male, 3 Female: X/31/31/31/31/0
3 Male, 3 Female: 31/31/X/31/31/0
2 Male: 31/31/31/X/31/0
1 Male, 3 Female: 31/31/31/31X/0

2 Female: X/31/31/31/31/31
1 Male, 1 Female: X/X/31/31/31/31
1 Male: X/31/31/X/31/31

Most of what I'm looking for are equivalent 4-5IV trades, X exclusive Mega Stones or Xerneas, and Japanese legendary pokemon would be nice as well. Please, no offers of the Clauncher, Dratini, Nidoran (m/f), Scraggy, Pancham, Litwick, Gible, Honedge, Scyther, Magikarp, Litleo lines, and limit the Venipede, Larvesta, Bulbasaur, Espurr, Mawile, Azumarill, Joltik, and Inkay lines to 5 IVs+, since I'm already set for breeding fodder in those groups.

Then I have:
Female Mareep (Static, Quiet): 31/31/31/31/31/31
Female Solosis (Magic Guard, Quiet): 31/31/31/31/31/31

I realize these are unfortunately not the most exciting 6 31IV Pokemon, but so I'm downgrading what I'm looking for to any one of: Japanese Legendary Pokemon, X exclusive Mega Stone, or any Pokemon with combat ready IVs outside of the above list.

Also, I have a female shiny Litleo I got through the GTS, and I realized I'm not too fond of the shiny color and have no attachment to it since I didn't catch it myself. I'm open to offers on this one too (preferably other shinies, though I probably wouldn't say no to X exclusive Mega Stones or Japanese legendaries either).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got a LOT of extra Pokemon sitting around now after breeding my team, haha.

Just out of curiosity: is it still better to run the IV spread for Reuniclus listed on Smogon? I'm guessing it's outdated since it's running numbers based on a specific metagame, but is there still reason not to just go full HP and Sp. Atk?
You'll want to create a new EV spread that takes Mega Kanga into account. You'll have to factor in Parental Bond yourself, though, but Mega Kanga is ridiculously popular right now so it's a good one to EV for.

For these types of EV spreads you basically just take a calculator and go crazy.

daripad

Boogiepop This mareep: 1 Female: 31/X/31/31/31/31 for a 31/X/31/31/31/31 bold eevee with wish?

And this Solosis Male: 31/31/31/31/31/X for a male synchronizer Ralts?

Cactus

Banned
:Boogiepop

Any interest in a 4IV adamant gale wings fletchling breeding pair? I'm looking for a 4-5IV female magic guard solosis.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm using this team in Showdown and I'm really liking it, but I need a bit of help with it. I decided on most of their items on a whim because I couldn't decide what I wanted to put on them. Are their any better items besides the choice items? (I don't like being locked into one move) What changes should I make?
If your opponent gets some rocks up, 2 of your Pokes are screwed.

Fury Sense

200px-Madison_Reddy.png

Hey, your Kecleon didn't look like this

Busaiku

Ok, so after some more testing, it seems like the Bicycle does hatch faster than Roller Skates, by about 20-30 seconds vs not really dashing (only getting them when turning).
Though the main thing is that it can take you to your destination quicker, but I think egg steps are about the same.

Boogiepop

this is the first game i done IV
and my first lab rat is Beldum
Beldum - Jolly, Clear Body, 29\31\31\31\22\31

:Boogiepop

Any interest in a 4IV adamant gale wings fletchling breeding pair? I'm looking for a 4-5IV female magic guard solosis.

Could I get one of your male 31/31/31/31/31/X Mareep and female 31/31/31/31/31/X Solosis? I got 31/31/31/x/31/x impish Larvitar (male or female) and 31/x/31/31/31/31 modest Charmanders for trade.

Boogiepop This mareep: 1 Female: 31/X/31/31/31/31 for a 31/X/31/31/31/31 bold eevee with wish?

And this Solosis Male: 31/31/31/31/31/X for a male synchronizer Ralts?
These all sound good to me. I guess if you guys would PM me your offers and FCs+IGNs I can keep it all organized and we can get rolling. My FC is 2320-6133-7530, and my IGN is Ruiko.

Ok, so after some more testing, it seems like the Bicycle does hatch faster than Roller Skates, by about 20-30 seconds vs not really dashing (only getting them when turning).
Though the main thing is that it can take you to your destination quicker, but I think egg steps are about the same.
It's common knowledge that Bike > Skates. It's just so amazingly smooth...

Boogiepop

You'll want to create a new EV spread that takes Mega Kanga into account. You'll have to factor in Parental Bond yourself, though, but Mega Kanga is ridiculously popular right now so it's a good one to EV for.

For these types of EV spreads you basically just take a calculator and go crazy.

Oh man, never done this type of stuff before, haha. I was actually under the (apparently mistaken) impression that buffing HP was always better than going for either Def or Sp. Def, but I guess I'm wrong. Any tips on how to work this? Are there any good damage calculators to use for this purpose, or is it pretty much a by-hand sort of thing?

The dangers and excitement of playing before all the ground-work is in play for a gen, I guess!

Got a 31/31/31/31/x/x Grimer thanks to PBalfredo!

Now I just need a Mankey, Krabby, and Jigglypuff with good IV's to round out the 'mons I want for a Gen 1 team.

So if anyone has any of those up for offer, let me know! :D

Ultimadrago

Got a 31/31/31/31/x/x Grimer thanks to PBalfredo!

Now I just need a Mankey, Krabby, and Jigglypuff with good IV's to round out the 'mons I want for a Gen 1 team.

So if anyone has any of those up for offer, let me know! :D

I believe my Friend Safari has Krabby in it.

Wichu

THE HOLY TRINITY IS COMPLETE
Goolossus / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)
Goomega / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)
Gooliath / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)

Now to Super Train them and then Wonder Trade them off to random strangers!

I believe my Friend Safari has Krabby in it.

I have a few friend safaris with Krabbys in them, just hoping to find someone who has a good Krabby already to speed up the process, heh, thanks though!

Goolossus / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)
Goomega / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)
Gooliath / shiny Modest Gooey Goomy 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball, egg moves: Counter/Curse/Poison Tail/Acid Armor)

What I would give to get one of those Goomys ;_;

I think you misspelled Horde Train. =P

Congrats man!!! Why go through all that trouble just to Wonder Trade them though?

Boogiepop

I'm always kind of worried that people won't notice if I Wonder Trade them something with good IVs. Though I guess making it shiny and super trained could help with that a little.

Fury Sense

Is this you?

wFQ4KPd.gif

Well, I'd be that guy if that guy decided to give it away to someone instead of smashing it up.
who does that anyway

Here they are in all their divine glory. ALL PRAISE GOOMY

I'm so fucking jealous.

And at least now I know what shiny Goomy looks like if I eventually get one from an egg.

Inotti

I thought I was the only one using Heal Balls? :D I'm jealous to the random wonder traders....

ZenaxPure

Well, my triples team has been doing extremely well for me so I decided it was time to rebreed them with perfect IVs and now I've got some amazing(?) rejects to get rid of. I'll gladly take other breeding rejects if you want to get rid of them, but, this is primarily charity because this stuff is going to wonder trade if no one wants it.

Froakie x 8, 5 IVs, 7 male 1 female all with protean but 1
Goomy x 8, 5 IVs, 6 male 2 female. No hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 19, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 5 IVs, Male
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

Just say something here or shoot me a PM if you want any of this, but, I'm going to be going afk soon for a bit so I might be slow to respond. My FC is 1203-9507-1587.

Korosenai

Well, I'd be that guy if that guy decided to give it away to someone instead of smashing it up.
who does that anyway

Do you have any spare Goomy's with those egg moves? preferably male?

Well, my triples team has been doing extremely well for me so I decided it was time to rebreed them with perfect IVs and now I've got some amazing(?) rejects to get rid of. I'll gladly take other breeding rejects if you want to get rid of them, but, this is primarily charity because this stuff is going to wonder trade if no one wants it.

Froakie x 8, 5 IVs, 7 male 1 female all with protean but 1
Goomy x 8, 5 IVs, 6 male 2 female. No hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 19, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 5 IVs, Male
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

Just say something here or shoot me a PM if you want any of this, but, I'm going to be going afk soon for a bit so I might be slow to respond. My FC is 1203-9507-1587.
Er, you know those Rotom?

Can I have one to help significantly with the breeding process? I won't be home for a couple hours, though.

DaBoss

who does that anyway

Actually, you would be that guy if you released them into the wild lol.

Congrats, and hopefully you get something good through wonder trade. Post what you get.

Wichu

I've got a female with the Bold nature and i'm wanting to switch over to Modest, so it would help me out tremendously (for breeding purposes) :p
Cool, I'll hatch one for you now (unless you want it in an egg). What's your FC? Mine is 4811 - 6964 - 2701.
Actually, you would be that guy if you released them into the wild lol.

Congrats, and hopefully you get something good through wonder trade. Post what you get.
I need to figure out the best time to WT in order to have a good chance of getting them to good players. I'm thinking tomorrow or Wednesday morning GMT, which is night-time in the US and evening in Japan. Should avoid most of the noob kids that way.

Inotti

I think I might finally going to lose my mind over getting even ONE shiny that has my OT. Seriously is something wrong with my game's RNG? I have been running around in one friend safary like 6 hours today just to get one fucking shiny encounter. *MadNerdRage* I WILL find one!

That shiny Sableye that I got with using instacheck and letting somebody else hatch it for me kinda made me even more sad about it. Felt like cheating. :( Don't get me wrong, I'm propably going to use it again in the future and will definetly help others to hatch their shiny mons.

Wichu

lately , every time i put ditto and another pokemon, they don't like each others

what should i do ?

Cycle around more. If they don't like each other they'll still breed, but it will take longer.

Alternatively, trade your Ditto for someone else's Ditto. Pokémon with different OTs like each other more.

Inotti

lately , every time i put ditto and another pokemon, they don't like each others

what should i do ?

You should try using ditto with different OT than the other pokemon then they will get a long and produce eggs more often.

Edit: Beaten twice. :p

Top Bottom