• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Anyone got a Ditto they can trade to me? I dont care if its good or not I just need it to fill out my Pokedex with breeding.

The only thing I really have to offer is X exclusive 'mons.

1/3 ain't bad.

GTS helped a bit. I put in a Froakie and asked for a Haxorus. Ten minutes later, I was given a level 97 JPN Haxorus. What did I do with it? I put it in the GTS and asked for a Moltres. (Which I haven't even seen yet, thanks Gamefreak for adding this option in.)

I got a Moltres five minutes later. Traded that for a Zapdos, got that shit too real quick. Traded the Zapdos for an Articuno, got dat shit in like five minutes.

Gonna try my luck for trading the Articuno for a Zygarde later after work. :lol

You mean if I take one of my level 70+ 5V EV trained Pokemon and ask for a Legendary, I'll get a Legendary? That sounds amazing.

Boogiepop

I have had TERRIBLE luck with the GTS, haha. Can't get a Xerneas no matter what I try. Tried the old standby of breeding starters and no luck, then someone suggested Scyther holding Metal Coat and I got nothing, and then I tried a Togepi because someone said they had luck with that. I just want a Xerneas (and then to try and get some Japanese legendaries of the GTS...)!

Tirael

The chance of getting exactly 2 perfect IVs is (31/32)^4. Thus, the chance of getting at least 3 IV is 1-(31/32)^4 which is approximately 0.119, making for about 12% chance. of getting at least 3 IVs on your friend safari Ditto.

Wonderful, that makes perfect sense.

One more question, guys. I used the IV calculator for this, and the numbers I'm getting don't make sense. Two 4 IV parents, both with Hidden Ability, (So 80% inheritance chance, right?) Everstone and Destiny Knot, 4.06% chance of getting what I want.

Got a 5 IV male, but with the wrong ability. So if I replace the father, I get, 5 IV father, 4 IV mother, (60% chance of inheriting the Hidden Ability?) but I get a 5.94% chance of getting what I want.

Mainly it's the parentheses that I don't know if I'm getting right, but it seems like the 20% swing in Ability inheritance chance would be more detrimental than adding one IV would help. What is happening here? How do I probability?

Tiamant

I'm in need of an Amorphous egg group poke with good Iv's, 3 would be a good start, I can give infiltrator zubats with 3 egg moves, anticipation eevee's and duskulls with destiny bond, skill swap and pain split.

Mainly it's the parentheses that I don't know if I'm getting right, but it seems like the 20% swing in Ability inheritance chance would be more detrimental than adding one IV would help. What is happening here? How do I probability?
I took the ability to mean if it has a regular ability you have an 80% chance of the child having it (but this only applies to species which have two regular abilities). If it has a hidden ability the child has a 60% chance of having it (no clue how it rolls the regular ability when it fails, I would guess same as wild).

But maybe I'm mistaken.

Sigmaah

Got that 5v Deino before I went to bed last night, what to breed next?!? I'm tryna breed some quick eggs, maybe Scyther next? I dunno!

Tirael

I took the ability to mean if it has a regular ability you have an 80% chance of the child having it (but this only applies to species which have two regular abilities). If it has a hidden ability the child has a 60% chance of having it (no clue how it rolls the regular ability when it fails, I would guess same as wild).

But maybe I'm mistaken.

I thought it went like this:

Female doesn't, Male has HA, 0%
Female has HA, Male does not, 60%
Female has HA, Male has HA, 80%

But I really don't know. Regardless, when I run the numbers like that, I still don't understand why there's a higher chance anyway, adding one good IV and taking away 20% Ability inheritance chance.

Devo

I want one, please !
Me if you still have one? I added you. My code is in my profile.

[edit]Whoops double post. You saw nothing.
I'd love to get one of those please!

My FC is in profile. I can add you when I get home from work.
OMG Please tell me you have one left!!!

FC: 5069 4064 3310
I'm sorry guys, the last few I have are spoken for, however I've got an endless supply of 4IV Timid Proteans if that interests you at all... more than likely their 'bad stat' is still pretty good.

PK Gaming

I'm sorry guys, the last few I have are spoken for, however I've got an endless supply of 4IV Timid Proteans if that interests you at all... more than likely their 'bad stat' is still pretty good.

4 is still pretty good for me. Do you have any male 4iv froakies with a flawless hp iv. I actually got a 4iv from a trade, so ypurs would help greatly.

ZenaxPure

HEY YOU GUYZ!

I'm awake again and I've still got a bunch of stuff I'm trying to give away for FREEEEEEE. Come take some of this before the wonder trade machine does.

Froakie x 7, 5 IVs, all with protean but 1
Goomy x 7, 5 IVs, 6 male 1 female. No hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 18, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

Just say something here or shoot me a PM if you want any of this. My FC is 1203-9507-1587.

MicH

Crap. Looks like I accidentally got rid of my Fire, Ice and Thunder Fang Tyrunt. Does anyone have any of these to trade?

EDIT: Japan wins .Thank you random GTS trader

Tirael

HEY YOU GUYZ!

I'm awake again and I've still got a bunch of stuff I'm trying to give away for FREEEEEEE. Come take some of this before the wonder trade machine does.

Goomy x 7, 5 IVs, 6 male 1 female. No hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 18, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

Just say something here or shoot me a PM if you want any of this. My FC is 1203-9507-1587.

PM'd.

We seem to be having some server issues.

Aggrotek

Crap. Looks like I accidentally got rid of my Fire, Ice and Thunder Fang Tyrunt. Does anyone have any of these to trade?

EDIT: Japan wins .Thank you random GTS trader

I think I still have some extra, but it only has ice and thunder.

Hate to open an old can of worms but is it true that newly hatched Pokemon from Luxury balls get the same happiness boost that the parents got when caught in one?

Devo

4 is still pretty good for me. Do you have any male 4iv froakies with a flawless hp iv. I actually got a 4iv from a trade, so ypurs would help greatly.
I believe so, although I'd have to find out which exactly have it lol.

Alright, here's a list of people that have requested one of the 4IV Timid Protean Froakies... if you don't see your name on the list, then post or PM me for one of your own! I'll try to mark the IVs if I can, but no promises...

Killadji
Forkball
haunted_taco
PK Gaming
Scythesurge
Trojita

HEY YOU GUYZ!

Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

I'll be more than happy to get a Froakie and Goomy. Just got my game the other day so I'm bare on Pokemon.

I'd also love a Pikachu if anyone has a spare.

2595 1358 6072

I thought it went like this:

Female doesn't, Male has HA, 0%
Female has HA, Male does not, 60%
Female has HA, Male has HA, 80%

But I really don't know. Regardless, when I run the numbers like that, I still don't understand why there's a higher chance anyway, adding one good IV and taking away 20% Ability inheritance chance.
Mother with regular ability + non-Ditto father: 80% chance of passing
Mother with hidden ability + non-Ditto father: 60% chance of passing
Mother/Father with hidden ability + Ditto: 60% (?) chance of passing

Those should be all the scenarios in which ability is inherited. Any others don't work, I believe.

ZenaxPure

I'll be more than happy to get a Froakie and Goomy. Just got my game the other day so I'm bare on Pokemon.

I'd also love a Pikachu if anyone has a spare.

2595 1358 6072

I can give you those.

Also for everyone that sent me PMs, my in game name is Stephen. I'll start sending stuff out as I see people around and have all the names figured out.

That is assuming gaf stays alive long enough for me to figure stuff out.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Fighting a Trainer. Beat him. Get this message.

pyTH5Sq.png

Come on guys

upandaway

Finally finished my team! But I have no items to give them. Can't choice or life orb them, so I'm not sure what to do. Already put my Leftovers on one.

Any ideas? I guess I could use berries...

Akai XIII

So this gen I've gotten into EV training and IV training is something I've yet to dabble in, so has anyone got a step by step guide to breeding for the right IVs?

Also need to build a better set for the Super single battle maison, my Scizor, Blaziken and Gardevoir just don't seem to be able to cut it.

Finally finished my team! But I have no items to give them. Can't choice or life orb them, so I'm not sure what to do. Already put my Leftovers on one.

shell bell for double battles with multi target moves
kings rock
razor claw and fang
wide lens for pokemon with moves like thunder/hydro pump
metronome can be destructive if used right
plates
sitrus berries

So this gen I've gotten into EV training and IV training is something I've yet to dabble in, so has anyone got a step by step guide to breeding for the right IVs?

Also need to build a better set for the Super single battle maison, my Scizor, Blaziken and Gardevoir just don't seem to be able to cut it.

check first page of this topic for the guide

Time to start earning some BP at the Maison! Or battle institute, it shouldn't take all that long to get enough to get some items.

upandaway

shell bell for double battles with multi target moves
kings rock
razor claw and fang
wide lens for pokemon with moves like thunder/hydro pump
metronome can be destructive if used right
plates
sitrus berries
I don't have any flinching moves but king's rock is cool I guess. Razor Claw and Fang are silly though.

The only one that could use Wide Lens on my team would be Jolteon, but I'm already giving him an Air Balloon.. none of my Pokemon can really use Metronome or a Sitrus either. How annoying.

Time to start earning some BP at the Maison! Or battle institute, it shouldn't take all that long to get enough to get some items.
I already have like 170 BP from all my failed attempts, I'm just not seeing anything there that I can use.

Top Bottom