• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DedValve

Banned
Anyone have any spare 3-4 iv budews preferably calm nature with cotton spore?

I have tons (TONS) of calm drought vulpixes with hypnosis 4 ivs (x/x/31/31/31/31) and litwicks (x/31/x/31/31/31). They are all spanish btw.

Also anyone want to check about 15 eggs I have? I got the instacheck working on my work computer but not on my laptop lol so I can't check their shiny values.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Breloom is incredible. Powerup punch, bullet seed, mach punch, and rock slide. So good.

Dude, Spore, bullet seed, sword dance and mach punch is the way to go. If they don't take him down before the first sword dance they might as well forfeit.

upandaway

Good game man. Your entire team counters mine so hard. Lol.
Yeah, nothing on your team can take Overheat (besides Vaporeon that gets 2HKO by Jolteon). Doesn't hurt that I was a bit lucky too, with the Shadow Ball Sp.Def decreases, and the long sleep cycles. I had that Metagross specifically with Carbinks in mind :lol

Korosenai

Dude, Spore, bullet seed, sword dance and mach punch is the way to go. If they don't take him down before the first sword dance they might as well forfeit.

Yea spore is good too, i've been thinking I should maybe use it over Rock Slide. I prefer power up punch over swords dance though, because you do damage while also raising your attack. But I guess with swords dance you get 2x attack over 1x attack from power up punch, which is better.

upandaway

Also just so you know Hydra, I was pissing my pants when my Crobat was down to red and your Carbink was still not dead, and everything I did was to tiptoe around that situation. I'm religiously scared of losing Defog with stones on the field.

This makes me feel good because it would be countered hard with grass and flying types, and I have 2 each of both (edit: wait, 3 flying :eek:). Talonflame will work too.

Also just so you know Hydra, I was pissing my pants when my Crobat was down to red and your Carbink was still not dead, and everything I did was to tiptoe around that situation. I'm religiously scared of losing Defog with stones on the field.
If my dang Carbink didn't sleep forever... lol. That Defog caused me a lot of problems!

P.S. Holy crap, Breloom is crazy strong!!!!!! O_O

Korosenai

First thing i'm gonna do when Pokebank opens is iv breed a Slaking... I'll be sure to give out some of my Slakoth leftovers when i'm done.

upandaway

If my dang Carbink didn't sleep forever... lol. That Defog caused me a lot of problems!

P.S. Holy crap, Breloom is crazy strong!!!!!! O_O
Well look at it this way, I actually thought Carbink had Prankster.. that's why I went with Bullet Punch on the first turn instead of Meteor Mash. If I didn't do that, he would have died on the spot. That one mistake cost me both Jumpluff and Crobat.

Well look at it this way, I actually thought Carbink had Prankster.. that's why I went with Bullet Punch on the first turn instead of Meteor Mash. If I didn't do that, he would have died on the spot. That one mistake cost me both Jumpluff and Crobat.
He has Sturdy, so he still would've survived. =P

Guys, I think I figured out the best Sylveon set.

Cyanide (Sylveon) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 SAtk / 100 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice
- Reflect / Calm Mind
- Wish

I've already had a ton of good luck with it in matches so far. Get Sylveon out against a tank or un-boosted bulky sweeper and set up Reflect for physical defense or Calm Mind for overkill. Proceed to use Wish and tank a super-effective hit (such as Iron Head Ferrothorn) and proceed to Baton Pass. Not only does your superweapon of choice get +2 in both attack stats, but they're coming in on additional defensive boosts thanks to screens / CM boosts and if they take any damage on the switch-in, Wish will probably restore their health enough for you to keep kicking ass.

Right now I've got it paired with a Custap Berry Gallade running Bulk Up, Psycho Cut, Drain Punch and Destiny Bond. Thing can fight for days. And when you can't drain back enough damage to keep on fighting, let Custap Kick in for the Destiny Bond and take one last guy out with you.

Weakness Policy's mixed boosts means it could work on a mixed attacker such as Aegislash, too!

Breloom is why I consider Talonflame a necessary evil.

holy shit your avatar.

image.php

It's so... perfect.

upandaway

He has Sturdy, so he still would've survived. =P
Oooh. Dang, Carbink is an annoying jerk.

I was also lucky both times with your Ditto lock. First time it locked you into a -2 Sp.Atk and not enough PP for the STAB, the second time it locked you into the weak B-move. But I guess having a choiced Ditto as the last Pokemon is gg in most cases, anyway.

Guys, I think I figured out the best Sylveon set.

Cyanide (Sylveon) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 SAtk / 100 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice
- Reflect / Calm Mind
- Wish

I've already had a ton of good luck with it in matches so far. Get Sylveon out against a tank or un-boosted bulky sweeper and set up Reflect for physical defense or Calm Mind for overkill. Proceed to use Wish and tank a super-effective hit (such as Iron Head Ferrothorn) and proceed to Baton Pass. Not only does your superweapon of choice get +2 in both attack stats, but they're coming in on additional defensive boosts thanks to screens / CM boosts and if they take any damage on the switch-in, Wish will probably restore their health enough for you to keep kicking ass.

Right now I've got it paired with a Custap Berry Gallade running Bulk Up, Psycho Cut, Drain Punch and Destiny Bond. Thing can fight for days. And when you can't drain back enough damage to keep on fighting, let Custap Kick in for the Destiny Bond and take one last guy out with you.

Weakness Policy's mixed boosts means it could work on a mixed attacker such as Aegislash, too!

This is pretty much how I plan on running my Sylveon ^^ Hyper Voice plsssss

Top Bottom