• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

ZenaxPure

shell bell for double battles with multi target moves
kings rock
razor claw and fang
wide lens for pokemon with moves like thunder/hydro pump
metronome can be destructive if used right
plates
sitrus berries

There is also the wise glasses/muscle band that gives a 15% boost to special/physical with no downside. Also from my Goodra's experience assault vest can be pretty crazy on sweeper who has some bulk by default. With light screen and the vest and 0 SPD evs I've had ice beams hit him for like 30 damage lol.

I don't have any flinching moves but king's rock is cool I guess. Razor Claw and Fang are silly though.

The only one that could use Wide Lens on my team would be Jolteon, but I'm already giving him an Air Balloon.. none of my Pokemon can really use Metronome or a Sitrus either. How annoying.

I already have like 170 BP from all my failed attempts, I'm just not seeing anything there that I can use.

echoed voice or fury cutter + metronome are destructive, but it need some really good defense and speed
I think I will train an amaura for this strategy.

I already have like 170 BP from all my failed attempts, I'm just not seeing anything there that I can use.

Well Lum Berry can be pretty useful to prevent annoying statuses, and Focus Sash can be very useful as well. Weakness Policy and Adamant Vest are items I've been highly considering too.

How to EV train an adamant Larvitar? 252 Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 HP or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4? or something entirely different? I also want it to keep Dragon Dance and Pursuit.

upandaway

Well Lum Berry can be pretty useful to prevent annoying statuses, and Focus Sash can be very useful as well. Weakness Policy and Adamant Vest are items I've been highly considering too.
Oh man, Focus Sash, forgot about that completely.

Alright, I got Focus Sash, King's Rock, Air Balloon and Lum Berry, so now everyone is covered with an item.

ZenaxPure

UPDATE

Alright, I've given out some stuff so I'm going to update this with what I have left.

Froakies are all on reserve now I believe.

Goomy x 2, 5 IVs, ALL male, no hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 14, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

PM me or say something here if you want any of this for FREEEEE! Also make sure to give me your in game name so I can keep track of who wants what.
edit for FC: 1203-9507-1587

Alright, I've given out some stuff so I'm going to update this with what I have left.

Froakie: Perfect IVs minus SP. ATK, Protean, Male, Timid
Froakie: Perfect IVs minus ATK, Torrent, Male, Timid
(This is not including the Froakie I plan to give Scythesurge and PK Gaming, no worries you two!)

Goomy x 5, 5 IVs, ALL male, no hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 15, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

PM me or say something here if you want any of this for FREEEEE! Also make sure to give me your in game name so I can keep track of who wants what.

Can I have a Goomy and Rotom? :) ign Buzz, FC is in my profile.

FSLink

Banned

(This is not including the Froakie I plan to give Scythesurge and PK Gaming, no worries you two!)

Goomy x 5, 5 IVs, ALL male, no hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 15, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

Could I get a Froakie (with Protean) and a Goomy?

In game name: David, FC in profile

Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

I'll take any froakie you are willing to part with.

I'm using this team in Showdown and I'm really liking it, but I need a bit of help with it. I decided on most of their items on a whim because I couldn't decide what I wanted to put on them. Are their any better items besides the choice items? (I don't like being locked into one move) What changes should I make?

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EV's: 252 Spe / 4 Sp. Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
-Bugg Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Roost
-Quiver Dance

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def / 252 SpA
Moveset:
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
-King's Shield
-Hidden Power Ice

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EV's: 252 Atk / 56 Hp / 200 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Flare Blitz
- Roost

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin / Sand Force
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
-Outrage
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Stone Miss

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
Moveset:
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rocks
-Toxic

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Atk
Moveset:
-Roost
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Thunder Wave

O_O Why are you using a Modest Dragonite with 2 Physical Attacks?

upandaway

Anyone wanna battle? I only ever fought a person once, and that was Whippy with my HM ridden in-game team, so I'm itching to try it out (but be gentle!).

Boogiepop

So, what exactly is the deal with spreads that dump EVs into non-HP defensive stats? I mentioned this yesterday, but I was looking at the old spread for Reuniclus and it divides it 172 HP, 28 Def, 252 SpA, and 56 Sp. Def. Apparently this was for the specific purpose of dealing with a dragon gem boosted Draco Meteor from Latios, and I'm guessing the heavy shift of the metagame wouldn't make that a smart spread in X/Y. But is it still worth trying to subdivide like that? I always seem to see 252 HP first and foremost defensive EV-wise, with the explanation being (I thought) that HP is always better to go for since it "covers" both defensive stats instead of just one, and it only seemed to get broken for things like even Substitute divides or whatever.

So should I try to math out a new EV spread standard, or is 252 HP fine?

So, what exactly is the deal with spreads that dump EVs into non-HP defensive stats? I mentioned this yesterday, but I was looking at the old spread for Reuniclus and it divides it 172 HP, 28 Def, 252 SpA, and 56 Sp. Def. Apparently this was for the specific purpose of dealing with a dragon gem boosted Draco Meteor from Latios, and I'm guessing the heavy shift of the metagame wouldn't make that a smart spread in X/Y. But is it still worth trying to subdivide like that? I always seem to see 252 HP first and foremost defensive EV-wise, with the explanation being (I thought) that HP is always better to go for since it "covers" both defensive stats instead of just one, and it only seemed to get broken for things like even Substitute divides or whatever.

So should I try to math out a new EV spread standard, or is 252 HP fine?

if you're starting off, a 252/252/4 spread is fine
in high level play though, EVs are typically manipulated to survive certain hits (such as Dragon Gem Draco Meteor from Latios, though this doesn't actually exist anymore)

Sigmaah

UPDATE

Froakies are all on reserve now I believe.

Goomy x 3, 5 IVs, ALL male, no hidden ability cause sap sipper is important to my team, sorry!
Rotom x 14, 5 IVs, ALL of them are modest and have perfect attack cause fuck RNG.
Mawile, 4 IVs, Male

edit for FC: 1203-9507-1587

MAY I GET A GOOMY PLEASE?!?!

My FC is 1048-9257-7593 and ign is Jody! I'll add you now!

ZenaxPure

MAY I GET A GOOMY PLEASE?!?!

My FC is 1048-9257-7593 and ign is Jody! I'll add you now!

Added you.

Also, this will be my last trade for a few hours since things have slowed down a bit I'm going to be afk. Send me PMs if you want anything I have left, still got a bucket load of Rotom to get rid of.

Boogiepop

if you're starting off, a 252/252/4 spread is fine
in high level play though, EVs are typically manipulated to survive certain hits (such as Dragon Gem Draco Meteor from Latios, though this doesn't actually exist anymore)

Now that I think about it, I guess I can always just reset the EVs if need be. Lazy, non-calculation method it is!

Sigmaah

Added you.

Also, this will be my last trade for a few hours since things have slowed down a bit I'm going to be afk. Send me PMs if you want anything I have left, still got a bucket load of Rotom to get rid of.

Thank you bro! Made getting a perfect Goomy way easier for me!

MicH

Many thanks to Tenck for hatching this beauty for me:

3W0UIkKl.jpg

31/31/31/0/31/31 Jolly Tyrunt

It's so... beautiful

Boogiepop

Oh yeah. Just read through some of the OP, and it says super training will cap stats at 252? That sounds like it'd make it way easier to round out stats when EV training, IE getting those last 2 points. So I should be good to horde battle till I get to 250, then take on a +4 challenge or use a bag or whatever and that'll take me to 252 instead of overshooting and screwing up my spread?

Edit: And while I'm thinking of it, do we have a good collection of images of the shinies for the XY pokemon? When I've needed to they've shown up through googling individual pokemon, but I'd like to just flip through the whole lot of them.

Tenck

Oh yeah. Just read through some of the OP, and it says super training will cap stats at 252? That sounds like it'd make it way easier to round out stats when EV training, IE getting those last 2 points. So I should be good to horde battle till I get to 250, then take on a +4 challenge or use a bag or whatever and that'll take me to 252 instead of overshooting and screwing up my spread?

Thought it caps at 252 even if you're not in Super Training. So even if you are somehow at 251 HP killing a horde of Gulpin will only give you 1HP since you've reached your cap.

OceanBlue

I think EVs in general cap at 252 instead of 255.

Beats

The cap is 252 regardless of what method you use. So, feel free to just horde battle a bunch. : p

Or you can just do horde battles until you're way past 252, and it still won't give you too much. Lol.

Boogiepop

Oh wow, they just straight up fixed the cap? That's awesome! I've been worrying and aiming to not overshoot it, apparently for nothing!

Hahaha man, that was fun. Charizard Y's Overheat is waaaaay stronger than I expected!

Guess we're 1-1 now after that forfeit :lol
Overheat is dumb. My Ditto copies that stat decrease, and comes in weak. Lol.

That Forfeit doesn't count, lol. It's 1-0. I must not let this stand!

Top Bottom