• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Killadji

5adMrsXs.png

HOLY SHIT! It's a 5IV Timid Protean Froakie giveaway! 31/xx/31/31/31/31!

Yes that's right, there are 9 of these li'l bastards to give away! First come first serve, FC is in profile! All are male.

I want one, please !

I'm looking for a jolly or adamant Binacle with Tough Claws and 4-5 perfect IVs. I can offer a adamant Larvitar with Pursuit and Dragon Dance and 4-5 perfect IVs in return.

ramyeon

Got this Rotom now...

Rotom - #479 (Modest) None (X) Levitate: 31 / 28 / 22 / 31 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Ice

Ugh. It's better, but if only the Att and Def were switched around :/ still room for improvement so I'll box this one and keep trying.

Forkball

5adMrsXs.png

Yes that's right, there are 9 of these li'l bastards to give away! First come first serve, FC is in profile! All are male.

Me if you still have one? I added you. My code is in my profile.

[edit]Whoops double post. You saw nothing.

FSLink

Banned
FEAR is back, in Aron forme?

Unless you meant Endure in which case add protect for a pointless stall stat (that fails to burn or hail).

Aron is a better user of the FEAR strategy due to Sturdy, Shell Bell, and Endeavor combined with Sandstorm damage and it being able to not be damaged by Sandstorm.

Tirael

Oh my God, trying to make a perfect IV Beldum is horrendously hard with it being genderless AND taking the same number of steps as Dragons to hatch. I've gotten a single 4 IV one, but it didn't pull attack from my 3 IV parent, and my 3 IV Ditto doesn't have Attack. This is so frustrating.

I basically have to decide which would be quicker, trying for another 4 IV Beldum, or farming Friend Safari for another 3 IV Ditto with Attack and missing Special Attack.

Does anyone have an Adamant 4 IV Beldum they would trade? At this point, I would be willing to let go of my Male Jolly 5IV Dragon Dance Ice Fang Tyrunt. He would make such good babies for you.

Edit: I would also let my Tyrunt go for a 3 IV Ditto with Attack and missing Special Attack, but I don't know if that's a fair trade. I wanted to mention it anyway.

WonderPup

Oh my God, trying to make a perfect IV Beldum is horrendously hard with it being genderless AND taking the same number of steps as Dragons to hatch. I've gotten a single 4 IV one, but it didn't pull attack from my 3 IV parent, and my 3 IV Ditto doesn't have Attack. This is so frustrating.

I basically have to decide which would be quicker, trying for another 4 IV Beldum, or farming Friend Safari for another 3 IV Ditto with Attack and missing Special Attack.

Does anyone have an Adamant 4 IV Beldum they would trade? At this point, I would be willing to let go of my Male Jolly 5IV Dragon Dance Ice Fang Tyrunt. He would make such good babies for you.
As luck would have it, I hatched about seven or eight 4 IV Beldums this morning on the way into work. When I get home tonight, I can trade you whichever you need. All their stats are varied.

EDIT: You don't need to trade me anything in particular for one.

Tirael

As luck would have it, I hatched about seven or eight 4 IV Beldums this morning on the way into work. When I get home tonight, I can trade you whichever you need. All their stats are varied.

EDIT: You don't need to trade me anything in particular for one.

Oh my gosh, that would be wonderful. I need one with Attack and Speed, is that possible? Because that's what matches up with my Ditto.

Unfortunately, I won't be available to trade after four o'clock my time, which is seven and a half hours from now. Will you be home before then?

WonderPup

Oh my gosh, that would be wonderful. I need one with Attack and Speed, is that possible? Because that's what matches up with my Ditto.

Unfortunately, I won't be available to trade after four o'clock my time, which is seven and a half hours from now. Will you be home before then?
I know I've got that. And it'll be another....nine hours before I can get home to trade. Just send me a PM at some point to remind me.

Just tried my hand at breeding. Holy crap, this takes an enormous amount of time. Just settling for 3 or 4 IVs in the stats I want, then moving on to the next 'mon.

I'm going to lose horribly in VGC anyway

Edit: I managed to catch a 4IV Togepi in the Friend Safari. Who needs breeding mechanics?

WonderPup

Just tried my hand at breeding. Holy crap, this takes an enormous amount of time. Just settling for 3 or 4 IVs in the stats I want, then moving on to the next 'mon.

I'm keeping all the parents I breed from, and I plan on being able to loan out or make babies for other VGC players once the time comes. What are you working on?

Tirael

It is infinitely easier to get 4 IV than 5 IV. Missing only one IV would bother me way too much, I can't stand it. And I never breed without doing something else as well; I get a lot of stuff watched while breeding.

I'm keeping all the parents I breed from, and I plan on being able to loan out or make babies for other VGC players once the time comes. What are you working on?

Was working on an Axew. I managed one with HP, Atk, Speed. Another with HP, Def, Speed. Destiny Knot is a bit unpredictable.

Anyone else interested in Mega Heracross? I recently found out that it gets Skill Link and started breeding immediately. This turns it into a completely different Pokemon!

It gets a speed nerf and obviously can't hold an scarf to fix that, so I was thinking a bulky attacking build. But how should I spread the EVs? Is it better to put some into each defense stat, or all into HP?

Nester

Edit: I managed to catch a 4IV Togepi in the Friend Safari. Who needs breeding mechanics?

I've caught 2 4IV dittos in a Friend Safari, makes the first stages of breeding a lot faster.

Made a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Rotom last night in no time.

WonderPup

I've caught 2 4IV dittos in a Friend Safari, makes the first stages of breeding a lot faster.

Made a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Rotom last night in no time.

Yeah, I use two 3 IV Dittos: 31/x/x/31/31/x and x/31/31/x/x/31. Having two at 4 IVs would be awesome.

EDIT: And I use a 0 speed Ditto.

Tirael

That may be part of my problem. My Ditto only had 2 IVs. I'll have to go catch some more.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's something like a 10% chance of getting a 3IV Ditto, right?

The other four stats are randomly generated, so 1 in 32 plus 1 in 32 plus 1 in 32 plus 1 in 32. Roughly 4 in 32. Minus getting something like Sp. Atk and Atk, which you would rarely need. Is that correct?

1/3 ain't bad.

GTS helped a bit. I put in a Froakie and asked for a Haxorus. Ten minutes later, I was given a level 97 JPN Haxorus. What did I do with it? I put it in the GTS and asked for a Moltres. (Which I haven't even seen yet, thanks Gamefreak for adding this option in.)

I got a Moltres five minutes later. Traded that for a Zapdos, got that shit too real quick. Traded the Zapdos for an Articuno, got dat shit in like five minutes.

Gonna try my luck for trading the Articuno for a Zygarde later after work. :lol

Leezard

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's something like a 10% chance of getting a 3IV Ditto, right?

The other four stats are randomly generated, so 1 in 32 plus 1 in 32 plus 1 in 32 plus 1 in 32. Roughly 4 in 32. Minus getting something like Sp. Atk and Atk, which you would rarely need. Is that correct?

The chance of getting exactly 2 perfect IVs is (31/32)^4. Thus, the chance of getting at least 3 IV is 1-(31/32)^4 which is approximately 0.119, making for about 12% chance. of getting at least 3 IVs on your friend safari Ditto.

That may be part of my problem. My Ditto only had 2 IVs. I'll have to go catch some more.
The more IVs you have to start with, the easier the results. Remember to look in the OP for some rough chances of finding a 3IV or 4 IV Ditto in safari (of course the chance of having one of more after x attempts is different) and also play with the inheritance tool (which gives you probabilities) so you have some expectations.

For some egg groups you might like to look into Mantyke (Water something I think) and Mime Jr. (humanshape) as they are easy to evolve (for breeding) and in the wild they will have 3+ IVs plus if you get two and breed them together you will bypass the baby stage too (a problem things like Lucario and Togekiss suffer from).

Ditto is more of a universal answer but the power of the above can be great (though breeding the IVs through to other egg groups can take a while).

GTS helped a bit. I put in a Froakie and asked for a Haxorus. Ten minutes later, I was given a level 97 JPN Haxorus. What did I do with it? I put it in the GTS and asked for a Moltres. (Which I haven't even seen yet, thanks Gamefreak for adding this option in.)

I got a Moltres five minutes later. Traded that for a Zapdos, got that shit too real quick. Traded the Zapdos for an Articuno, got dat shit in like five minutes.

Gonna try my luck for trading the Articuno for a Zygarde later after work. :lol
I got a Zygarde for an level 61-70 Alakazam. Just bear in mind for oval charm you only need to have seen 1-150 in the 3 Pokedexes (Xerneas and a handful of others I can get myself are what I am missing)

DaBoss

Good game Antihippy. I thought we were going to trade lol. I wasn't ready for battling I didn't bother reading what it said on the bottom screen. I need to check some eggs so yea.

Tirael

The more IVs you have to start with, the easier the results. Remember to look in the OP for some rough chances of finding a 3IV or 4 IV Ditto in safari (of course the chance of having one of more after x attempts is different) and also play with the inheritance tool (which gives you probabilities) so you have some expectations.

For some egg groups you might like to look into Mantyke (Water something I think) and Mime Jr. (humanshape) as they are easy to evolve (for breeding) and in the wild they will have 3+ IVs plus if you get two and breed them together you will bypass the baby stage too (a problem things like Lucario and Togekiss suffer from).

Ditto is more of a universal answer but the power of the above can be great (though breeding the IVs through to other egg groups can take a while).

All of this is extremely useful information, and I did not know what is in bold. Sounds like a manageable chance to get 4 IVs.

I got a Zygarde for an level 61-70 Alakazam. Just bear in mind for oval charm you only need to have seen 1-150 in the 3 Pokedexes (Xerneas and a handful of others I can get myself are what I am missing)
Haha, nice.

I thought you had to catch 1-150 for the 3 sections of Kalos. I might as well catch what I can then.

5adMrsXs.png

I'd love to get one of those please!

My FC is in profile. I can add you when I get home from work.

PK Gaming

5adMrsXs.png

OMG Please tell me you have one left!!!

FC: 5069 4064 3310

Top Bottom