• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

PK Gaming

Guys, I think I figured out the best Sylveon set.

Cyanide (Sylveon) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 SAtk / 100 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice
- Reflect / Calm Mind
- Wish

I've already had a ton of good luck with it in matches so far. Get Sylveon out against a tank or un-boosted bulky sweeper and set up Reflect for physical defense or Calm Mind for overkill. Proceed to use Wish and tank a super-effective hit (such as Iron Head Ferrothorn) and proceed to Baton Pass. Not only does your superweapon of choice get +2 in both attack stats, but they're coming in on additional defensive boosts thanks to screens / CM boosts and if they take any damage on the switch-in, Wish will probably restore their health enough for you to keep kicking ass.

Right now I've got it paired with a Custap Berry Gallade running Bulk Up, Psycho Cut, Drain Punch and Destiny Bond. Thing can fight for days. And when you can't drain back enough damage to keep on fighting, let Custap Kick in for the Destiny Bond and take one last guy out with you.

Weakness Policy's mixed boosts means it could work on a mixed attacker such as Aegislash, too!

What do the EVs specifically achieve? I can already tell you right off the bat that those 20 SpA EVs are completely useless. Unless a specific benchmark is reached, it's best to go with a physically defensive spread or a specially defensive spread (I prefer physical myself)

Tiamant

Just saw this on facebook.

1476390_10202443983045139_1482953677_n.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, you got me 2 out of 3 times, so it's still my loss. At least I got to destiny bond goddamn aegislash. That was satisfying. GGs.

I was surprised when 1 shadow claw took down trevenant.

Nah, you got me 2 out of 3 times, so it's still my loss. At least I got to destiny bond goddamn aegislash. That was satisfying. GGs.

I was surprised when 1 shadow claw took down trevenant.
I totally forgot Mega Banette had Prankster... and how much Atk does that thing have?! It did quite a lot of damage to my guys...

Good games though. You countered Sableye better every game. Lol. If I had used Taunt instead of Will'O'Wisp that first game, it might have been able to last a whole lot longer.

First thing i'm gonna do when Pokebank opens is iv breed a Slaking... I'll be sure to give out some of my Slakoth leftovers when i'm done.

Could I get in on this action? I want to try out my King of the Mummies (now with Eject Button to ensure it works 100% of the time) strat against online posers :O

Also, I finished training the second of my two secret projects: Adaptability Crawdaunt with Aqua Jet! I've got four leftovers with the right nature and ability as well as at least 3 perfect IVs, so first come, first served!

Antiwhippy

I totally forgot Mega Banette had Prankster... and how much Atk does that thing have?! It did quite a lot of damage to my guys...

Good games though. You countered Sableye better every game. Lol. If I had used Taunt instead of Will'O'Wisp that first game, it might have been able to last a whole lot longer.

165 attack I think.

Also man beats, once again your team completely walls mine. Mega Pinsir is a menace.

macklelol

Could I get in on this action? I want to try out my King of the Mummies (now with Eject Button to ensure it works 100% of the time) strat against online posers :O

Also, I finished training the second of my two secret projects: Adaptability Crawdaunt with Aqua Jet! I've got four leftovers with the right nature and ability as well as at least 3 perfect IVs, so first come, first served!

I'd like one of those leftovers! FC is 2251-4573-2793

What do the EVs specifically achieve? I can already tell you right off the bat that those 20 SpA EVs are completely useless. Unless a specific benchmark is reached, it's best to go with a physically defensive spread or a specially defensive spread (I prefer physical myself)

That's me not knowing how to EV math. I'll change it.

Just saw this on facebook.

1476390_10202443983045139_1482953677_n.jpg

Eevee and Sylveon = GOAT

How does Sylveon get Hyper Voice?

Eevee via BW2 Move Tutor. I play Pokebank OU on Showdown.

I've been thinking about getting one, so that'd be awesome. A Female if in a Luxury Ball, Male otherwise. =P

Beats

Good games Antiwhippy.

I wasted Volcarona in that last match. I knew my death was coming when you only had Breloom left and all I had was Rotom haha. :p

In the D&D game I played in Off-topic Community, my cleric somehow became the new sun god.

His first duty was apparently to use Vulpixes to make the sun shine everywhere through its special ability, because I am going to have a lot to trade off.

Antiwhippy

Good games Antiwhippy.

I wasted Volcarona in that last match. I knew my death was coming when you only had Breloom left and all I had was Rotom haha. :p

Yeah, honestly, volcarona could probably destroy most of my team. :p Though I had machamp there just in case. Even then he nearly OHKO'd him.

Azure J

Taking recommendations for a special oriented Mega Lucario team. What say you Poke-GAF?
I'm probably going to wind up making a physical and special Luc anyways, Adaptability Bullet Punch and Close Combat is fucking godly.

Blasty

Can anyone help me with this shiny-egg-instacheck stuff tomorrow? I can give you a bunch of my rejects for your trouble.

Taking recommendations for a special oriented Mega Lucario team. What say you Poke-GAF?
I'm probably going to wind up making a physical and special Luc anyways, Adaptability Bullet Punch and Close Combat is fucking godly.

Flash Cannon/Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot (he can get that right?)/....Vacuum Wave/Shadow Ball?
(I have no idea beyond the first two)

Busaiku

I finally get lucky for once!
And Flareon saves the day!

Good stuff macklelol.
10% isn't horrible!
Jumpluff and Clefable just no good against Blissey/Ferrothorn.

Boogiepop

There's no chance anyone here has a good breeding tool for a slow Hariyama with Detect and Wide Guard, is there (I mean, I haven't decided which one I want yet, so I figure I may as well go for both)? Say, a male in the egg group with those moves and the 4 non-Speed/Sp. Atk IVs as 31 or a speed of 0 as a sub for one of those?

If not I guess I'll just embark on this journey on my own. Maybe mess around through Riolu, since those have a guarantee of 3IVs. Not looking forward to this one, haha!

Busaiku

Why the heck does Blissey do as much damage as it does though.
Even after Reflect, Seismic Toss still takes out 1/3 of Carbink's life.

macklelol

Why the heck does Blissey do as much damage as it does though.
Even after Reflect, Seismic Toss still takes out 1/3 of Carbink's life.

Seismic Toss does damage equal to the user's level, so it does 50 damage in wifi battles. It also bypasses defenses and Reflect, since it's set damage.

Top Bottom