• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Firestorm

Ok I just did my first Battle Institute test and got 6406. Anyone know what the top score you can get is and what kinda things it judges?

WonderPup

I'd like to get rid of some of my 3-4 IV....rejects. Let me know if you see something you want. I'll be around for a little bit tonight.

One Modest Rotom at x/31/31/31/x/31
Two Imposter Dittos at 31 HP
One female Timid Gastly at 4 IVs
Three assorted Timid Gastlies at 3 IVs
Two Quiet Clawnchers at 3 IVs (counting the 0 speed)
Three Quiet Clawnchers at 3 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Seven Calm Prankster Sableyes with Recover as an egg move (all at 4 IVs)
Two Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Eight Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Relaxed Healer Spritzees with 4 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Five Adamant Clear Body Beldums with 4 IVs

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but if you have some spare 4 IVs laying around, they would certainly be welcomed.

I'd like to get rid of some of my 3-4 IV....rejects. Let me know if you see something you want. I'll be around for a little bit tonight.

Three Imposter Dittos at 31 HP
One female Quirky/Sturdy Aron at x/31/31/x/31/31
Three Quiet Clawnchers at 3 IVs (counting the 0 speed)
One Quiet Clawnchers at 31/x/31/31/31/x
Eight Calm Prankster Sableyes with Recover as an egg move (all at 4 IVs)
Three Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Six Adamant Clear Body Beldums with 4 IVs

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but if you have some spare 4 IVs laying around, they would certainly be welcomed.

I want the Aron and the 4IV Clauncher. I am online.

Fury Sense

[updated above]

Can I have a 31HP Imposter please?

FC 2578 3149 3873
IGN Ray

Added you

has breeding always been so hard? p sure it was even harder in previous gens but still. these litwicks refused to inherit that defense iv and instead decided their randomized attack stat should be perfect instead. why must you do this to me, litwicks? :'(

either way I got what I needed and now it's time to release these babies back into the wild.

GamerSoul

I've been replaying Black to try to get some of my favorites ready to be transferred and I must say the game feels harder. lol It might be because of the lack of exp share but it definitely feels tougher so far. On a related note, I hope Dewott looks great in the game, I think it has the potential to be awesome in X/Y. My Otteratsu will be glorious :3

OceanBlue

has breeding always been so hard? p sure it was even harder in previous gens but still. these litwicks refused to inherit that defense iv and instead decided their randomized attack stat should be perfect instead. why must you do this to me, litwicks? :'(

either way I got what I needed and now it's time to release these babies back into the wild.

I think I have four or five 31/x/31/31/31/31 Dratini at this point...

Korosenai

My brother is Masuda Breeding for one right now, lol. Thanks though! Good luck breeding the Rotom!
Oh, well darn :p

And thanks, it'll be a bit before I get to it though. I've got some other Pokemon lined up, just needed a Rotom for when I finally get to it. Not sure if I want to go Rotom-H or Rotom-W though.

If you aren't getting what you want after a couple batches, then reject an egg and reset the rng.

haha got into a match where my Trevenant keep throwing up subs after hitting Talonflame with a Leech Seed and it kept using Roost

too bad that wasn't a Wifi battle, I would've stalled out the timer xP

Fury Sense

Breeding for a new Jolly parent when...

_A
_DS
_ADS
HADD
HADDS

But no hidden ability v.v

releasethehounds.jpeg

Release the hounds!

Fury Sense

Mother with regular ability + non-Ditto father: 80% chance of passing
Mother with hidden ability + non-Ditto father: 60% chance of passing
Mother/Father with hidden ability + Ditto: 60% (?) chance of passing

Those should be all the scenarios in which ability is inherited. Any others don't work, I believe.

Here ya go

Tenck

Went up against another Mega Kengheskan today. Funny enough my Carbink ate it up like it was nothing. Kept using ice beam after I used light screen, so not sure what that was about.

spiritfox

Went up against another Mega Kengheskan today. Funny enough my Carbink ate it up like it was nothing. Kept using ice beam after I used light screen, so not sure what that was about.

Probably thought it was weak to Ice, like I do sometimes. Funny how rock resists but ground is weak.

Smilax

I've been fighting a couple of people on Free Battle on the Battle Spot and I noticed a trend. Shiny Goodras with Physical attacks no Dragon Dance set up. They just start using Earthquakes and Outrage, it can hardly do damage. Has this been discussed before? Is there some secret metagame that says that physical Shiny Goodra will win the game

I've been fighting a couple of people on Free Battle on the Battle Spot and I noticed a trend. Shiny Goodras with Physical attacks no Dragon Dance set up. They just start using Earthquakes and Outrage, it can hardly do damage. Has this been discussed before? Is there some secret metagame that says that physical Shiny Goodra will win the game

scrubs on parade
also these guys trying to switch in Diggersby after my Goodra Tbolts Talonflame?
too bad I predicted that!

wow I got parahaxed to hell and back by a Klefki....but Trevenant stalled me all the way to victory
yes

(seriously though, consecutive paralysis then my Fire Blast misses, wtf)

Unicorn

This makes me sad only because I've been trying to get a shiny Goomy since launch. The Dragonite color scheme is just too good.

Though now I have 2 6 IV Goomy banging, so it'll at least be a top tier Goodra.

Hobobloke

Two Imposter Dittos at 31 HP
Two Quiet Clawnchers at 3 IVs (counting the 0 speed)
Seven Calm Prankster Sableyes with Recover as an egg move (all at 4 IVs)
Two Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Five Adamant Clear Body Beldums with 4 IVs

Would love a Sableye and the 4 IV Gastly if possible, can give you a 4 IV Kangaskhan and Fletchling in return.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Breeding Impish Granbull, and WT the rejects...

Got a lot of nice things, 4 IV Electrike (I really want a Manectite Mega Stone), and a Gale Wings Fletchling.

Then this dude challenged me to a battle on WiFi, I swept his entire team with Drapion. Felt so good, especially as earlier I lost all my matches to Mega Charizard + Sub and Mega Kangaskhan. I killed the latter, but then I just had Roserade vs. Talonflame.

We traded afterwards, and I got a Clawitzer with PokeRus! YES! Plus we traded Friend Codes so I got an Ice FS with Lapras, Beartic, and Snover.

If you aren't getting what you want after a couple batches, then reject an egg and reset the rng.

Wait, explain.

Unicorn

Did you ever get my PM?
Yes, haven't given any Goomy out yet because my Internet is out at my house (yet again - why the tyrunts never got delivered too). I will be a top a friend's house tomorrow night and will have such things ready. I'll post an updated list of those that PMd me and will start distribution tomorrow.

Everyone is guaranteed at least 5 IV Goomy, but depending on how good these eggs are, I hope to give a handful of 6 IV out too.

I do this:

but instead of checking iv's through an iv checker and switching out the parents, I just get a batch of 5 eggs, check out their iv's with the iv judge, and if they aren't what I want I reject the next egg.

What does resetting the RNG do that makes it preferable to just hatching dozens of eggs in a row?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Those Japanese guys have been kicking my ass, I managed to beat one who tried to set up rain so he could sweep with thunder. Had he saved his Lanturn until my Abomasnow was dead he might have had me, instead he leads with it and I roll him.

If nothing else this has made me realize that I am going to need to breed perfect versions of my entire hail team to beat those crazy Japanese guys. Also why is Mega Manetric so popular in doubles?

Those Japanese guys have been kicking my ass, I managed to beat one who tried to set up rain so he could sweep with thunder. Had he saved his Lanturn until my Abomasnow was dead he might have had me, instead he leads with it and I roll him.

If nothing else this has made me realize that I am going to need to breed perfect versions of my entire hail team to beat those crazy Japanese guys. Also why is Mega Manetric so popular in doubles?
Maybe for the intimidate+discharge?

Top Bottom