• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Unicorn

Sorry everyone for the Goomy wait, but my net is down at my house. Good news though, every Goomy will be 5 IV because both parents are 6 IV.

run enough speed EVs to outspeed Malamar, kill it at +2 with Iron Head, gg

I usually Topsy-Turvy on the first turn, assuming they'll try to set up. From there they'll either switch out (and eventually switch back in to a Malamar who's been boosted +3 or +4 by Superpower) or panic and just try to King's Shield me, boosting me further. Not saying Aegislash isn't a great Pokemon in his own right, but Malamar is as good a counter as you'll hope to find for the time being. I've literally never seen one Pokemon give less shits about another.

I usually Topsy-Turvy on the first turn, assuming they'll try to set up. From there they'll either switch out (and eventually switch back in to a Malamar who's been boosted +3 or +4 by Superpower) or panic and just try to King's Shield me, boosting me further. Not saying Aegislash isn't a great Pokemon in his own right, but Malamar is as good a counter as you'll hope to find for the time being. I've literally never seen one Pokemon give less shits about another.

presumably you switched in Malamar on Aegislash, otherwise I have no idea what's going on
that means a free Swords Dance

it only counters if it hasn't set up AT ALL, a real counter is something with STAB Earthquake or something
Diggersby tho?

presumably you switched in Malamar on Aegislash, otherwise I have no idea what's going on
that means a free Swords Dance

it only counters if it hasn't set up AT ALL, a real counter is something with STAB Earthquake or something
Diggersby tho?

Anecdotally I lead with Malamar on any team I see that might have an Aegislash for that very reason, but I see where you're coming from. I've never set my Diggersby against one but I can imagine it being successful, assuming you've predicted correctly. Most Aegis users I've faced have been very Shadow Sneak-happy.

ivysaur12

Banned
I love how people just don't understand how Togekiss/Serene Grace works.

"Wtf cheater"

is what I've been getting a few times on Showdown. Yes, because I've been able to game the code on PSD.

MicH

Good game MicH! Nice team you have there.
Yeah, very close battle! Once my Azumarill got burned it was practically unusable.. my only water type to counter your annoying Rotom :p Also Weakness Policy Aegislash is terrifying. Thank goodness I switched to Ferrothorn. That was the one move that saved me, I think

I've been enjoying Pokemon Showdown way too much while grinding Goomy eggs for a Masuda Method shiny Goomy.

Making a guy ragequit because I one-shotted his Mega Scizor with Wigglytuff is such a great feeling.

ivysaur12

Banned
I've been enjoying Pokemon Showdown way too much while grinding Goomy eggs for a Masuda Method shiny Goomy.

Making a guy ragequit because I one-shotted his Mega Scizor with Wigglytuff is such a great feeling.

I love making people rage-quit with non-standard Pokemon!

OceanBlue

She's the best. I really haven't seen her at all this gen, which is disappointing. Whatever, she's great. And if fewer people know how to handle her, the better, I suppose.

Also, she's a good Topsy Turvy Malamar counter.

I use her and I have no idea how to handle her lol.

Korosenai

Gonna make a Galvantula to go with my Breloom. They shall be best friends.

Also i'm sure i've asked before, but I just want to clarify. With a Ditto, nothing matters besides the HP iv and HP ev, right? So any nature will do, any other evs will do, and any other iv will do. It just needs to have the ability imposter, 252 evs in hp, and 31 ivs in hp, correct?

Korosenai

Does anyone have a Rotom with iv's in special defense and speed? I have a Ditto with iv's hp, attack, defense, and special attack. It would just make breeding easier.

MicH

Not sure who my next project is gonna be. I really want to use Mega Pinsir and Breloom, but I wanna go for a shiny Salamence too.. So many Pokemon, so little time!

Top Bottom