• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Korosenai

What does resetting the RNG do that makes it preferable to just hatching dozens of eggs in a row?
This is an exact scenario that just happened earlier. Also as a note, the rng for what iv's are passed down are set for every egg before hand, and rejecting an egg resets the rng.

Say I want to get a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Jolly Breloom and I start out with a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Male Adamant Shroomish. There's three things I need: A Shroomish that is a female that has 31 iv's in attack and a nature of Jolly. So I breed the starting Shroomish with a Jolly Ditto (with no perfect iv's) and get a Jolly Shroomish with 31 iv's in Sp. Def and Speed.

Now that I have a Jolly Shroomish, and with a couple good iv's, I pair it up with a Ditto that is 31/31/31/31/xx/xx. So I put them in the day care, get 5 eggs, hatch them, and take them to the iv judge. I notice that 4 of my 5 eggs all have the same stat: XX/XX/31/31/XX/31. That means it's taking two iv stats (maybe three) from Ditto as seen by the two 31 iv's, and a 31 iv from the Shroomish. Notice how it does not have 31 iv's in attack. That means that the attack stat is not getting passed down by the Ditto, so I need to reset the rng for an iv distribution that passes down the Ditto's attack stat. Rinse and repeat a couple of times and then boom, I get a female jolly Shroomish with xx/31/xx/xx/31/31 which is exactly what I needed to get my perfect Breloom.

So yea, that's why I use that method.

Neiteio

Been slowing down with Pokémon as we approach N-Day (Nov. 22 -- Mario and Zelda!), but I played a couple games tonight, and my Metagross survived a Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile, activating Weakness Policy so that Earthquake OHKO'd Mawile the same turn. I wish I knew the enemy's EVs and nature so I could tell if my max HP Metagross would always survive a vanilla Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile. The gamble paid off handsomely since I proceeded to Bullet Punch his Cinccino and Goodra until he forfeit the match.

Markun

I finally got my gold trainer card today. Hooray for me!

RpNOWHu.jpg

No problem man. Glad I could help. I'll also be up for a few more hours in case you want to mass breed some eggs.

Thanks but I'm good, just ate and I have to get this work done soon. :]

Might only be able to do it this weekend actually. Gonna be a hard few days.

ramyeon

I'm breeding 4-5IV Riolu with Justified, Jolly Nature and Crunch + Bullet Punch egg moves. Shoot me a PM if you're keen on nabbing one, then I'll gauge how many I need to breed lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm breeding 4-5IV Riolu with Justified, Jolly Nature and Crunch + Bullet Punch egg moves. Shoot me a PM if you're keen on nabbing one, then I'll gauge how many I need to breed lol.

I wouldn't mind having one.

Anything you're looking for in return?

edit: also just realised, other than one genderless my trick room team is pretty much all female. Didn't even try for it.

Antiwhippy

Sure thing guys, should have a few in a short while. I'm wanting to breed a Breloom next with Bullet Seed if you guys have a Shroomish with that egg move, decent IVs/Nature and HA :)

I have a breloom right now with 5 perfect IVs and bullet seed. I can breed a shroomish with good IVs for you.

ramyeon

Gimme an hour to half an hour to breed them.

FC is 5000 2377 2427.
Sounds good! My FC is 2766-8382-3106.

Edit: First batch got me all 4IVs (Two female) except 2 5IVs (Although one and the wrong ability, but it doesn't really matter if you intend to use Mega). Looking good!

Markun

how do you get a gold one

- Beat Elite 4
- Get 50 straight wins in any of the super battles in Battle Maison
- Complete the Kalos Pokedex

The game counts seeing all the Pokemon as completing the Kalos Pokedex. You also don't need to see the Legendary Birds or Mewtwo in order to complete the Kalos Pokedex.

Antiwhippy

Sounds good! My FC is 2766-8382-3106.

Edit: First batch got me all 4IVs (Two female) except 2 5IVs (Although one and the wrong ability, but it doesn't really matter if you intend to use Mega). Looking good!

Bah, I can only get 4 IVs shroomish. Is that fine with you?

SeZMehK

Damn, while I am on vacation in India, I am missing all the online action of this game. Right now I am at my uncle's house that has wifi. Omg what a life Savior. One week of no Internet is a killer for me lol.

Antiwhippy

Thanks bundles, I'd be fine with a 4 IV one. Want a HA Dratini, HA Magikarp, Mawile, Drilbur, Nasty Plot Togepi, Goomy, HA Gligar, Kangaskhan, Gastly or Beldum? (All with high IVs and good nature)

A dratini would be nice.

FC is 5000 2377 2427.

edit: Thanks for the Riolu ramyeon!

ramyeon

Thanks for the Shroomish! I'd battle but I've got my breeding party atm, gonna try for more of these Riolu eggs :p next time though definitely!

Anyone have a frogadier in their safari? I've basically stopped playing for a couple of weeks because I haven't been able to find anyone. My code is 4296-3088-0998

Forkball

That feel when your first attack puts them into the yellow, and they still survive the same move on the second attack with no buffs. And then you die from sandstorm.

Antiwhippy

Thank you for the Dratini too! Been looking for one for awhile now.

Honestly right now I feel like I'm stockpiling pokemon I might use but I already have sets of teams which I'm somewhat happy with. Wish there was more than one battle box.

Top Bottom