• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

I've basically got a box and a half of fully IV bred 'mons so I'm not sure haha but if you tell me what you can offer and there's something I don't have that'd be fine!
Just going to list ones that I think are uncommon based on posts in this thread and I have plenty of extras:
Solosis
Drilbur
Espurr

Firestorm

how do you people constantly miss the fact the Fake Out is A LOT better in doubles than singles

(actually thinking about it for 5 seconds, it's still better in 3v3 singles than 6v6, where one Fake Out isn't particularly meaningful)
Why would any Singles be relevant at all when we're talking about his experiences on a Doubles ladder?

ramyeon

There is, the guy insults the stat lol. I just haven't marked it.

It also turns out I only have 2 left lol, I'll breed some more.
Ah yes, forgot about that. Haven't bred intentionally for 0IVs on any pokemon yet. That'd be great, I'll keep the 5IV Riolu for you :)

Atlantis

He said he liked using Fake Out to protect Breloom. Sounds like he's playing doubles to me.

Right, but then he brought up Smogon's Kanga thread (for singles) as an example of people "looking down" on Fake Out Kanga, so the other poster made it clear that Fake Out's usability is very different between singles/doubles.

Unicorn

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS

1382315848379.jpg

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Alrighty then!

I have sorted through the eggs via Instacheck and have a plethora of 5 IV Goomy!

Here's the current list of those interested:
Nub
Haunted_taco
Daripad
EG hartlax
Fireblend
Mumei
Scythesurge
Pbalfredo
Fek
PK Gaming
killadji
Aggrotek
Sigmaah
MegaMelon
blue_phazon
upandaway
NEO0MJ
Mother Green
Star Falcon
FSLink

I will be replying to all the PM's I received thus far from those above. If you haven't provided a Friend Code, I'll be asking for it.

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

My info above^

Fury Sense

About that perfect IV breeding guide image, why exactly are we supposed to ignore/reject the first egg?
It's called "negging" and it's a trick we Pokemon breeders learned from Pickup Artist guides you can easily find online. Basically, you acknowledge that the daycare man found an egg, but then you reject it. This both lowers his confidence and inspires him to impress you with the next egg. Instantaneously, he thinks to himself: The next egg will inherit such-and-such stats from the mother and such-and-such from the father! It doesn't matter what happens, I will guarantee the next egg has these traits!

So then you find out what inheritance pattern he picked out by hatching the next egg and checking its IVs via whatever method. If you don't like the pattern, just reset, and continue negging the daycare man. soon enough, he'll fall right into your hands. When he gets it right, swap the parents to make sure the correct stats are inherited and boom.

Firestorm

One poster referenced Smogon as saying Fake Out wasn't very good on M.Kanga, which is singles.
Smogon has threads on different modes of play. Not very good threads (again why I can definitely see someone on Smogon saying Fake Out is a bad move on Kanga), but they're there.

Atlantis

Smogon has threads on different modes of play. Not very good threads (again why I can definitely see someone on Smogon saying Fake Out is a bad move on Kanga), but they're there.

Smogon does not currently have a doubles analysis thread for Kangaskhan, the Fake Out discussion is in her singles analysis thread.

coming soon near you: Why do my VGC strats fail in 6v6?

anyway, what set would you guys use for Zygarde, not that he has any use outside of Smogon's metagames ironically :lol

Korosenai

Does anyone have a jolly Shellder they'd be willing to trade?

edit: Actually nature doesn't really matter, just need a decent Shellder.

coming soon near you: Why do my VGC strats fail in 6v6?

anyway, what set would you guys use for Zygarde, not that he has any use outside of Smogon's metagames ironically :lol

Dragon Dance / Extremespeed / Earthquake / and I think he learns Outrage @ Leftovers / Lum Berry.

He's basically a slightly bulkier Haxorus.

Oh. I had no clue. I see.how the hell would I very well know that?

"hey guys, trying to build a 6v6 team, Nugget Bridge told me Stealth Rocks were useless*

*yes I specifically asked about 6v6 singles"

nobody would buy that, and for good reason
although it seems that people reference Smogon for no other reason than to bash them
like this:

Quest1

Lol at you guys. Smogon a uncharted territory has a specific meta they focus on? I figured it was the Wild West for talking about good sets in XY regardless of the battle type. Oh well. Fake out sucks in singles, is godlike in doubles. There.

Also, Fek, I made it home so hopefully you're online to trade.

Firestorm

"hey guys, trying to build a 6v6 team, Nugget Bridge told me Stealth Rocks were useless*

*yes I specifically asked about 6v6 singles"

nobody would buy that, and for good reason
although it seems that people reference Smogon for no other reason than to bash them
like this:
I think I have had enough experience on Smogon to know that most players who try to give advice on situations like this have no idea what they're talking about.

As for your shitty posts, they read like they're coming from someone who discovered the competitive side of the game, but weren't able to play at a high enough level to discuss it on a dedicated site so you found a Pokemon thread on a general gaming and decided to shit on other people's posts instead. How about keeping your posts constructive rather than reading like a Facebook or YouTube comment?

I think I have had enough experience on Smogon to know that most players who try to give advice on situations like this have no idea what they're talking about.

As for your shitty posts, they read like they're coming from someone who discovered the competitive side of the game, but weren't able to play at a high enough level to discuss it on a dedicated site so you found a Pokemon thread on a general gaming and decided to shit on other people's posts instead. How about keeping your posts constructive rather than reading like a Facebook or YouTube comment?

oooh that post must have struck a nerve
calm down dude, I'm not trying to insult you or anything

Tusk

Man, someone on /vp/ has an Eevee with my SV, but my comp is being to slow to even do anything on there right now, so I can't message them about it. ;_; My heart is sinking.

Top Bottom