• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

upandaway

Hehey, I got 49 streaks today. It was pretty exciting, lemme tell you. My team was:

Starmie Lead @ Modest, w/ Choice Scarf (252 Sp.Atk/Spe)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Psychic

Volcarona @ Modest w/ Leftovers (252 HP/Sp.Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Mega Aggron @ Adamant w/ Aggronite (252 HP/ATK)
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Probably not the most efficient thing on earth but it worked really well. So I'm happy. Now to breed 3 Pokemon to fight against Nita. My idea is this right now:

- Something that can kill Thundurus with Focus Sash
- Aegislash that can set up with a sub on Landorus, if he's locked to anything except Earth Power
- Assault Vest Goodra with Ice Beam as the safety net if Landorus is locked into Earth Power

Any tips? Is this a bad idea? Is there a Mega that's a good fit for the first Pokemon (or to replace the other two)?

Korosenai

Oh my god that would save me so much trouble I would love it!!! Thank you so much!

My FC is 1048-9257-7593 ign is Jody!

Anything you looking for in return? Maybe a certain pokemon? I got some 4v stuff lol

Added you.

Sorry for the late reply, had to eat lunch.

My fc is 5155-3032-4812 and my trainer name is Cody.

And sure i'll take a 4 iv mon. What do you have?

Zoroarks are assholes. I've seen a few on Showdown and they never even manage any substantial damage, it's usually just one hit, you hit them, illusion breaks, priority kills them.

Someone should mod a Ditto with Illusion.

Probably someone already found it, but there's 3D out of battle/cutscene in Team Flare Secret Base in Geosenge Town. Are they any other places in the game with 3D as well?
Elite 4's probably the most notable. Intros for neighbors, Sycamore, and Team Flare Grunt are also in 3D. There's also the opening cutscene. I remember there being more but I can't remember them ATM.

PK Gaming

UGH

I completely forgot that Sucker Punch was an Egg move for Zoroark. Does anybody have any spare male Mawhiles with 4 perfect IVs in HP / Def / SpD / Speed? Or any male Sucker Punch Pokemon that can breed with Zoroark?

EDIT: I'll just use a sub set.

Sigmaah

Sorry for the late reply, had to eat lunch.

My fc is 5155-3032-4812 and my trainer name is Cody.

And sure i'll take a 4 iv mon. What do you have?

Sall good brotha, a niggas gotta eat!

I have Beldum, Aron, gible, Deino abra, rotom and Larvesta. You probably already have all these lol.

Wichu

Need more opinions on people's favorite Vivillon pattern.
viv2_pokeball.png

The Poké Ball pattern is awesome
and not currently obtainable
666Vivillon_Ocean_Dream.png

I like the Ocean pattern too.

I didn't even know this move existed. My fault, but using OHKO moves in a ranked battle? That shit ain't cool.

My feelings are kinda mixed on this. Same with other items like Quick Claw that have a chance of totally turning the tide of a battle. One one hand, yeah, it's sort of cheap - it turns what should be a game of planning and intuition into a game of chance. On the other hand, this guy is wasting a valuable skill slot on a move that hits 30% of the time...I figure using a move like Fire Blast or Thunder is still a gamble, albeit a less risky one with less of a reward. Is someone who rocks a Serene Grace Togekiss cheap? How about Skill Link with a King's Rock? At what point is the risk/reward ratio unacceptable? Just some thoughts.

Boogiepop

What's the deal with Females being able to send down egg moves? I feel like that could be super useful in certain situations, but I'd imagine it depends on how reliable it is/what the restrictions are.

Wichu

What's the deal with Females being able to send down egg moves? I feel like that could be super useful in certain situations, but I'd imagine it depends on how reliable it is/what the restrictions are.

It's super useful for getting combinations of egg moves that were previously impossible. For example, Azumarill has Belly Drum and Aqua Jet as egg moves, but no Pokémon that breeds with it can learn both of them at the same time. This meant that in previous generations, you had to choose one or the other.
Now, you can breed a female Marill with Belly Drum, and then breed that with a male with Aqua Jet to get both.

ramyeon

Speaking of egg moves, I still have a few 4 IV Jolly Riolu with Prankster and Crunch + Bullet Punch egg moves. I'll probably be able to breed more, send me a PM if you want one. Not looking for anything particular in exchange but decent stuff would be preferable.

And sorry to people who PMd yesterday and got no reply, I will have one for everyone who PMs me so don't worry!

My feelings are kinda mixed on this. Same with other items like Quick Claw that have a chance of totally turning the tide of a battle. One one hand, yeah, it's sort of cheap - it turns what should be a game of planning and intuition into a game of chance. On the other hand, this guy is wasting a valuable skill slot on a move that hits 30% of the time...I figure using a move like Fire Blast or Thunder is still a gamble, albeit a less risky one with less of a reward. Is someone who rocks a Serene Grace Togekiss cheap? How about Skill Link with a King's Rock? At what point is the risk/reward ratio unacceptable? Just some thoughts.

I think that the riskier moves are appropriately positioned in terms of accuracy, they work infrequently enough so that most players are discouraged from using them while still being beneficial enough when they actually do work. Reliability has proven to be extremely valuable in Pokebattles over the years, and it shows in terms of most players' movesets. For balancing issues I'd be more inclined to be upset about, priority moves have only gotten stronger and stronger. It's kinda crazy to have multiple moves capable of OHKO'ing a wide range of Pokemon while bypassing speed altogether! Or Prankster being able to set up regardless of speed. Anyway I'm not really upset about it as it's been fun to try to think of ways to stop Talonflame, etc.

Firestorm

Beat 50 in Super Doubles! Megas make this so much easier than last generation. I just led Charizard and Garchomp and picked who I wanted to Mega based on the match. It's like choosing if I want to use a Choice Specs or Choice Band without being restricted to one move and having access to Protect!
I didn't even know this move existed. My fault, but using OHKO moves in a ranked battle? That shit ain't cool. The next match I did sweep a Mega Gengar/Mawile/Wash Rotom team though and made him forfeit. MEGA VENUSAUR DON'T PLAY.
It's ranked battles. If you want to restrict random moves you don't like, you play with your friends.

Beat 50 in Super Doubles! Megas make this so much easier than last generation. I just led Charizard and Garchomp and picked who I wanted to Mega based on the match. It's like choosing if I want to use a Choice Specs or Choice Band without being restricted to one move and having access to Protect!It's ranked battles. If you want to restrict random moves you don't like, you play with your friends.

inb4 your next singles match you get 3-turned by OHKO moves

Firestorm

inb4 your next singles match you get 3-turned by OHKO moves
At the Arizona Regional Championships I played against my friend in Round 7 of 7 that determined which one of us made top 8 and moved onto the single elimination portion of the tournament. His third Sheer Cold from Suicune hit and if it missed I would have won. I have zero problems with it hitting as I can still see other parts of the match where I could have made better choices.

And seriously though I think we can allow fucking Lapras of all Pokemon to do whatever it wants.

Sigmaah

Speaking of egg moves, I still have a few 4 IV Jolly Riolu with Prankster and Crunch + Bullet Punch egg moves. I'll probably be able to breed more, send me a PM if you want one. Not looking for anything particular in exchange but decent stuff would be preferable.

And sorry to people who PMd yesterday and got no reply, I will have one for everyone who PMs me so don't worry!

I'd love one!

I got 4v Beldums. Aron's, Larvitars, deinos, Goomys, gibles, Larvestas, rotoms, and abras, if you don't have any of these lemme know!

MicH

Save one for me :D

Korosenai

Id be down for one. Want a 5 iv jolly shroomish for it?

Hey Busaiku, let's just do a best of 3. Just wanted to do a quick battle before I got back to breeding.

ramyeon

I'd love one!

I got 4v Beldums. Aron's, Larvitars, deinos, Goomys, gibles, Larvestas, rotoms, and abras, if you don't have any of these lemme know!

Save one for me :D

Id be down for one. Want a 5 iv jolly shroomish for it?

Hey Busaiku, let's just do a best of 3. Just wanted to do a quick battle before I got back to breeding.
Sure I've got enough for all!

Sigmaah an Aron would be cool! And Nub yeah a Shroomish would be great, breeding one ATM and having trouble getting past 4 IVs :/

I'll be online now for a bit so send me a trade request if you see me.

Busaiku

Clefable, the destroyer of Aegislash.

Yeah, I never expected Mega Alakazam in the 1st battle.
There was no way I could risk being outpaced.

Quest1

... Just to practice and test out teams, and man, I can't wait to breed my spore Breloom. I feel no remorse as I put everyone to sleep and everyone else wrecks shop. Yeah, I know it's cheap. *stares blankly*

And I follow the rules wherever they are, but in battlespot ranked doubles, everyone's taking naps.

ramyeon

Please don't forget me!

I need him to grow up and be my Espurr's daddy! :D
Yep there's enough! :)

Just got a 5IV perfect one too but stupidly forgot to reteach Crunch to the mum, so it's only got Bullet Punch. If anyone wants that you can have it :)

Edit: I swear I sent you a PM this morning but it looks like it didn't get sent :/ mobile tends to do that sometimes. I've added you and I'm online now :)

That goes for everyone who asked for one, so if you can't get online now please PM me to work out a time!

Firestorm

... Just to practice and test out teams, and man, I can't wait to breed my spore Breloom. I feel no remorse as I put everyone to sleep and everyone else wrecks shop. Yeah, I know it's cheap. *stares blankly*

And I follow the rules wherever they are, but in battlespot ranked doubles, everyone's taking naps.
I think once you go online in the game you'll probably find more people able to handle that. It's really not cheap at all. If they don't bring something to stop Spore that's really their fault. It ain't Dark Void!

Quest1

I think once you go online in the game you'll probably find more people able to handle that. It's really not cheap at all. If they don't bring something to stop Spore that's really their fault. It ain't Dark Void!

Yeah, someone was carrying a safeguard Meowstick and it pretty much debunked it. But seriously, it feels like something you have to be prepared to battle, at the risk of getting crippled. Everyone looks down on carrying fake out on MKanga, but its pretty good at protecting Breloom to get at least one spore off.

There's tons of checks for it, like Venusaur, Breloom itself, Amoongus, Talonflame, etc. but man people don't like not being able to play.

fek

Yep there's enough! :)

Just got a 5IV perfect one too but stupidly forgot to reteach Crunch to the mum, so it's only got Bullet Punch. If anyone wants that you can have it :)

Edit: I swear I sent you a PM this morning but it looks like it didn't get sent :/ mobile tends to do that sometimes. I've added you and I'm online now :)

That goes for everyone who asked for one, so if you can't get online now please PM me to work out a time!
Can I have one? Would you like a Togepi, Venipede or Petilil?

Top Bottom