• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

ramyeon

Servers are up again anyway, I guess someone can try trading an egg. Doubt they blocked it tbh.

Reposting for new page: Excadrill. Adamant. Mold Breaker. Any good EV spread suggestions?

Weeeeelllll the Togepi I finally hunted down has the Nature I wanted, The ability I wanted (could have just as easily been a HA cause it's from the FS) and 3 Ivs :p

lol, but really, I get what ya saying ... but they have made ALL sides easier to get. HA? Get your Pokemon's parents from the FS. IVs? FS and use THE KNOT (you can get flate out 4-5 iv Pokemon from there if you're lucky). Shiny? Apparently not only has MMing been buffed but so has nature encounter rates by a large amount..

People were getting the prefect shinys before we even started seeing SV, they made many parts easier to get.
Exactly this. I bred three almost perfect shiny Pokémon before even knowing what an SV was. Each one only took me about a day and a half.

Game Freak has made it MUCH simpler to breed competitive Pokémon, and they cut the the shiny rate in half. Competitive shinies were much more common even without the Instacheck trading.

Tenck

Here's BoogiePop's post regarding everstone and trading pokemon holding it.

Okay guys, in the past day or so I've discovered that B does not stop trade evolutions (at least over WiFi), and apparently neither does Everstone. So I've got a bit of a conundrum. Is there any trick to getting and keeping a Japanese Pumpkaboo and Phantump on my English game? I'm trying to build a living Japanese dex for the gen VI pokemon, which I could then freely send forward to later games, but this is proving to be kind of a roadblock. Is there any way around this, or am I stuck?

Edit: Also just want to give a shout-out to the fact that I only JUST realized that the ring in Ursaring is a pun on the circle on his chest upon receiving a Japanese one that uses a similar pun. I have no idea how I missed that one, just wow.

Tenck

Boogie does say apparently everstones don't work,
So maybe boogie's just assuming and hasn't tried yet,
If not i guess its a good thing, but get that phantump now!

It does not, at least in the few times I've tried. They probably did this to stop GTS trolling with Gravelers holding Everstones.
It's been tested.

Edit:
Anyone willing to tell me my TSV right now? I want to help.

What's your FC? Mine is 2122-6789-0388

IGN Tenck

Firestorm

Do you think they will put in some kind of other method to stop these exploits?
Or just let them happen?
I was really hoping for a hack free generation :(
I imagine they give somewhere between no and little shits about something that is only increasing the number of people trading. Maybe next generation they'll use the same encryption for Wonder Trade as they use for GTS. In any case, the market would be flooded with shinies on December 27th anyway. Instacheck has zero effect on your gameplay experience if you choose not to use it.

How does the move Assist work exactly? My brother just faced someone who used Spore every time Assist was used. I thought it used a random party member's move...

backlot

How does the move Assist work exactly? My brother just faced someone who used Spore every time Assist was used. I thought it used a random party member's move...

Sounds like he faced a gimmick team. There is a small set of moves that can't be picked by Assist so as long as the rest of that person's team only knew those moves and Spore then Spore would be picked every time. You can find those moves here by the way: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Assist_(move)

Sounds like he faced a gimmick team. There is a small set of moves that can't be picked by Assist so as long as the rest of that person's team only knew those moves and Spore then Spore would be picked every time. You can find those moves here by the way: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Assist_(move)
That must've been it. Dang, he got trolled so bad! He was getting seriously ticked, lol.

I guess I'll make sure to either bring Sableye or a Grass type every time I see a Meowstic in a team preview from now on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah damnit. I keep mixing ground and rock weaknesses.

Also I gotta say. I just bought kid icarus thanks to the sale, and the stand is very nice for pokemon playing too. :p

Does anyone have some 5/4 iv Shroomish leftover, trying to breed one now and its not going too well.
I can offer up a 5iv larvitar :)

I have a 4 IV shroomish with bullet seed.

freoleo29

Ah damnit. I keep mixing ground and rock weaknesses.

Also I gotta say. I just bought kid icarus thanks to the sale, and the stand is very nice for pokemon playing too. :p

I have a 4 IV shroomish with bullet seed.

Sweet i have 2 iv with bullet seed and have bred about a box and can't get higher, do you want the larvitar for it?

EDIT: FC is 5155 2938 0756 ign Liam

MicH

Why do some people feel that those who use the SV exploit hurts their experience? It's not like they're getting better Pokemon or anything.

Fury Sense

Pretty simple really. Before mass TSV access, shiny pokemon were novel. The rarity alone was special, and it was exciting to see a shiny pokemon. Someone could catch a shiny pokemon and be very proud as well as have a valuable pokemon for trading purposes. If used competitively, it would be extra impressive.

Today if you see a shiny, you have no reason to be impressed. The only thing to compare today's shiny to is the standard coloration. Some of the magic of Pokemon has certainly been lost.

Yeah, all but a few shinies are uglier than the standard coloration. The only thing special about them was their rarity. Now that everyone has them, you're just left with an ugly Pokemon. I saw three shinies while playing online earlier. Meh.

Top Bottom