• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It really is. Slowbro Is just way too annoying, which is why he's so much fun to use. :p

GGs man. That vaporeon is a real headache. If destiny bond didn't take it I bet it would have swept my team.

ZenaxPure

Anyone have any reject Minccinos with skill link? IVs don't really matter since I have a slew of mans that can breed with him, I just don't have access to one.

I wanna breed one for one of my teams cause he's one of my favorite dudes introduced in gen 5.

Tirael

Meh, Golurk got the shaft without the punches from Move Tutors. No elemental punches or Drain Punch hurts him a lot.

Question. Does No Guard allow Earthquake to hit Flying-types? Seems like Dynamicpunch and Stone Edge are extremely good options regardless.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Actually, I'm curious. Why is machamp UU and golurk all the way in NU according to smogon when the no guard set between them seems largely the same? The stats aren't terribly different either other than slightly less attack on golurk's part, and machamp being slightly bulkier.

Though it seems like golurk is pretty usable in the other tiers, but they don't use the no guard set.

Unicorn

Actually, I'm curious. Why is machamp UU and golurk all the way in NU according to smogon when the no guard set between them seems largely the same? The stats aren't terribly different either other than slightly less attack on golurk's part, and machamp being slightly bulkier.

Though it seems like golurk is pretty usable in the other tiers, but they don't use the no guard set.
Typing?

Tirael

I don't know the metagame very well, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the elemental punches provide much better coverage. Meaning Iron Fist gives a better benefit. Unfortunately, in Gen VI, those punches are gone, which is why I'm strongly considering a No Guard set.

I honestly don't think so, I feel like Golurk is weak to several very common things. But again, I could be wrong.

Slermy

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Ooh, I'd like one. The only thing I have decent are Protean Froakies though.

PBalfredo

I just pulled one of my breeding pokemon out of the day care and absentmindedly wonder traded it before taking the Destiny Knot off of it. Is there a way to get another Destiny Knot, or did I just fuck myself over forever?

joelseph

I just pulled one of my breeding pokemon out of the day care and absentmindedly wonder traded it before taking the Destiny Knot off of it. Is there a way to get another Destiny Knot, or did I just fuck myself over forever?

I did the same thing with a Lucky Egg. Where can I find them in the wild?

IIRC, wild Chansey have a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg. As for Destiny Knot, one of the people that you battle in the alleys of Lumiose City should have one, I think.

MicH

Yeah, you need a friend safari with Chansey. Otherwise you're out of luck. Also, put a Pokemon with the ability Compoundeyes in the front of your party to increase the chance of it holding an item

So I am thinking about making a doubles team, but I figure before I spend more time breeding I should ask about what I'm planning for my team.

I am not sure how much synergy and team moves are required, or any of what I'm doing, so I guess I'll try using something with sunlight: Ninetales, Venusaur, Rhyperior (since Sunlight lowers water damage), Florges, and I dunno maybe Meowstic for annoyance and maybe a steel for the last slot.

Destiny Knot: A trainer in Lumoise city (I think it is a beauty that occasionally shows up) gives you one after battle.

I found this interesting rotation battle team (
Level 1 Aron with sand stream support
). I'm watching the 47 turn replay...AI DT strat...blah.
They kind of got lucky at the stall point (if they had not been paralysed poison would hit and toxic damage would eventually kill them)

SeZMehK

Damn, I'm torn on whether or not to do the sv method. I am stuck in India for the next week before I can instant check myself (if it could set up properly)

Quest1

Pm me and we can trade in a bit. Not home right now. You want the male or the female.

And quest, do you still want a shroomish? We can trade then too.

Yeah, totally in need of some new breeding fodder for shroomish since I wrecked my old one. What did you want in return? I also now have skill link rock blast shellder and speed boost venipedes.

PBalfredo

IIRC, wild Chansey have a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg. As for Destiny Knot, one of the people that you battle in the alleys of Lumiose City should have one, I think.

Destiny Knot: A trainer in Lumoise city (I think it is a beauty that occasionally shows up) gives you one after battle.

I found this interesting rotation battle team (
Level 1 Aron with sand stream support
). I'm watching the 47 turn replay...AI DT strat...blah.
They kind of got lucky at the stall point (if they had not been paralysed poison would hit and toxic damage would eventually kill them)

That worked. Thanks a lot. I was worried my breeding was going to be forever gimped without it.

DaBoss

I have 2 Everstones and Destiny Knots because I may mess up and release/trade away a Pokemon holding one of those items lol.

Yesterday, while breeding many Krabby, I released my old pair without taking off the Power Bracer. I realized it .5 seconds after it disappeared from my box...

I immediately went "I can't continue without it", so I ended up beating the basic singles at the Battle Maison for the first time in order to get enough BP to rebuy it.

Yesterday, while breeding many Krabby, I released my old pair without taking off the Power Bracer. I realized it .5 seconds after it disappeared from my box...

I immediately went "I can't continue without it", so I ended up beating the basic singles at the Battle Maison for the first time in order to get enough BP to rebuy it.

You wouldn't happen to have any extra Krabbys would you?

Tiamant

I've always loved Seviper but it's very hard to play due to it's fragileness, besides Infiltrator is there anything new than can help to make it competitive?

Should I just sell all mushrooms and nuggets? I recently got a Big Nugget too. It says that it sells for a high price, but I'm not sure if I can do something else with it too.

PK Gaming

Remember, the tiers only represent how common a Pokemon in a particular tier. They don't strictly represent how viable a particular Pokemon is.

In Golurk's case, it wasn't commonly used in OU, UU or RU so it was dropped to NU by default. This does not mean it was a bad Pokemon (far from it, since it was useful in all tiers, even OU) but that it just wasn't a popular choice for most players. That said, Machamp and Golurk play differently, so I don't see much point to comparing them.

Neiteio

Why do some people feel that those who use the SV exploit hurts their experience? It's not like they're getting better Pokemon or anything.
I'm indifferent to it, but I've seen a shiny Aegislash in every team that has an Aegislash the past week. Shinies aren't special anymore, but it's a nice palette swap for those who prefer the alternate color, I suppose.

upandaway

Holy craaaaaaap

So a random passerby just challenged me, it was the standard Kanto starter+Mega Blaziken+3 legendaries (+Octillery for some reason) team that I keep hearing about in this thread.

My Crobat just tore down 5 of his Pokemon just by spamming roost and brave bird. I was speechless. Crobat coming through, haha.

DaBoss

I'm indifferent to it, but I've seen a shiny Aegislash in every team that has an Aegislash the past week. Shinies aren't special anymore, but it's a nice palette swap for those who prefer the alternate color, I suppose.
Seriously though, welcome to online Pokemon for the past 3 or 4 years. If you thought shinies were rare, you just weren't playing online like you are now.

joelseph

Holy craaaaaaap

So a random passerby just challenged me, it was the standard Kanto starter+Mega Blaziken+3 legendaries (+Octillery for some reason) team that I keep hearing about in this thread.

My Crobat just tore down 5 of his Pokemon just by spamming roost and brave bird. I was speechless. Crobat coming through, haha.

Maybe there were just trying to exchange friend codes after a battle?

Top Bottom