• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was about to google image search something funny regarding shellos and food, but apparently GISing shellos is a horrifying thing. D:

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So there's going to be no more flaunting of shiny Pokemon gotten through this SV thing here, right?
nope

I think I need that 5 IV (no attack) field egg group male now.

Also, does anyone have some advice for what I'm thinking of for doubles? Ninetales, Venusaur, Florges, Rhyperior on the same team? Will I be screwing myself over by using a team like this in doubles?

Firestorm

I think I need that 5 IV (no attack) field egg group male now.

Also, does anyone have some advice for what I'm thinking of for doubles? Ninetales, Venusaur, Florges, Rhyperior on the same team? Will I be screwing myself over by using a team like this in doubles?
I honestly have no idea what Florges does but Venusaur can be interesting. I assume you want to Mega Venusaur so that's why you're not using Charizard? Rhyperior seems like an odd fit here as you have nobody you need to support with Lightningrod and nothing is flying type or Levitate so Earthquake is a lot harder to play with.

L.O.R.D

fBWPSmm.jpg

thanks to GTS
scizor with metal coat and level 90+ got me articuno

Yveltal and moltres for Scyther with metal coat

now i need the mewtwonite Y

Antiwhippy

Seriously.

Motherfucking shellos.

You have two 4IV parents! Stop inheriting that one sucky IV!

This is what I get for trying to go for 5 IVs. :(

MicH

Ive played 180 hours but I still havent caught Zygarde or Mewtwo... I should probably go do that now.
Haha, yeah, same for me. 260 hours and neither of those caught. Or Articuno. I do seem to run into him every now and then

This breeding and battling takes up all my time :(

I honestly have no idea what Florges does but Venusaur can be interesting. I assume you want to Mega Venusaur so that's why you're not using Charizard? Rhyperior seems like an odd fit here as you have nobody you need to support with Lightningrod and nothing is flying type or Levitate so Earthquake is a lot harder to play with.
Mostly thought about Rhyperior since Sunlight nerfs nasty water damage. You have a point with Earthquake though (I guess I think of it for rock attacks).

Florges has support moves designed to aid grass as well as being a fairy type with similar stats to Sylveon. That's all I can really say about it since I actually haven't used it in practice.

Quest1

MicH
Sent you a message about the Charmander/Vulpix. Still at work, but I think I might have time soon to trade while I'm here. Let me know.

Also, NUB, dunno if you were still interested in the Larvitar, but let me know too and we can get it done.

Firestorm

Mostly thought about Rhyperior since Sunlight nerfs nasty water damage. You have a point with Earthquake though (I guess I think of it for rock attacks).

Florges has support moves designed to aid grass as well as being a fairy type with similar stats to Sylveon. That's all I can really say about it since I actually haven't used it in practice.
Though the 50% from water attacks is nice, the most common water attacks are Surf, Muddy Water, and Scald which are all special-based. Aside from Waterfalls and Aqua Jets from Gyarados and Azumarill I don't think sun will help Rhyperior all that much. If you'd like to use him, I think Rhydon @ Eviolite supporting something that doesn't like getting hit by Electric works best!

I actually think I should try Rhydon + Charizard come to think of it.

I want to suggest Storm Drain Cradily, but it seems most common water moves in double hit both.
And you'll have to wait till the Bank to get one.
Storm Drain activates giving SpA boost and more power to Cradily's one turn SolarBeam.

I'll ditch Rhydon then. What would you suggest in his place? Was thinking of having something that could stand on its own and offer something to cover the grass and fire types on the team but not sure what would be best.

Antiwhippy

If you want storm drain there's always gastrodon.

Speaking of storm drain gastrodon.... fuck yes got my 5IV one!

Anybody want some 4IV shellos? I got a whole bunch.

I'll ditch Rhydon then. What would you suggest in his place? Was thinking of having something that could stand on its own and offer something to cover the grass and fire types on the team but not sure what would be best.

Dunno why you want rhyperior to cover grass types seeing that it's 4X weak, but gastrodon can cover your fire weakness.

If you want storm drain there's always gastrodon.

Speaking of storm drain gastrodon.... fuck yes got my 5IV one!

Anybody want some 4IV shellos? I got a whole bunch.
But Cradily is awesome! :(
Gastrodon doesn't get SolarBeam!
I'll wait for the East Sea Gastrodon. >_>
Thanks for the offer though.

Korosenai

MicH
Sent you a message about the Charmander/Vulpix. Still at work, but I think I might have time soon to trade while I'm here. Let me know.

Also, NUB, dunno if you were still interested in the Larvitar, but let me know too and we can get it done.
Soon, gonna go get some pizza hut and eat then ill be ready.

L.O.R.D

cYahPgE.jpg

shiny ditto for zapdos ? i am tempted

what he was saying anyway ?

some of them saying they have 5IV or 4 or even 6 IV Ditto,,,is that possible ?

Antiwhippy

But Cradily is awesome! :(
Gastrodon doesn't get SolarBeam!
I'll wait for the East Sea Gastrodon. >_>
Thanks for the offer though.

Oh I agree that cradily is awesome, but if you want to fuck over water types for now with storm drain gastrodon is your best bet. :p

Dunno why you want rhyperior to cover grass types seeing that it's 4X weak, but gastrodon can cover your fire weakness.
Ah, no I wasn't planning on using Rhyperior for that, I was thinking "maybe under sun it won't die as badly to water".

Sigmaah

Can you get shadow tag Chandelure right now or no? I assume no? Could you even have gotten it in gen 5? I never knew about that ability until now. Fuck I need that if possible.

Also, I have pokemon I wanna poke bank over from heart gold/platinum. Can I just do it from those games or do I need to transfer them from those games to gen 5 game then to pokebank?

Also, I tried so much last night for a 5v larvitar but it's just not coming out... My god I hate when that shit takes forever...

Oh I agree that cradily is awesome, but if you want to fuck over water types for now with storm drain gastrodon is your best bet. :p
Yes it's a great alternative which will require me to raise more Grass Types >_>
Can you get shadow tag Chandelure right now or no? I assume no? Could you even have gotten it in gen 5? I never knew about that ability until now. Fuck I need that if possible.

Also, I have pokemon I wanna poke bank over from heart gold/platinum. Can I just do it from those games or do I need to transfer them from those games to gen 5 game then to pokebank?

Also, I tried so much last night for a 5v larvitar but it's just not coming out... My god I hate when that shit takes forever...
Litwick line's HA has been changed to Infiltrator.

My heart is broken... So infiltratior or flash fire? might work on this cutie next after fuck boi larvitar
Flash Fire if you want fire immunity, Inflitrator if you want to hit through subs.
I'm undecided on this as well. :(
Aw what?

That's bullshit.

How does that affect stuff taken from previous gens?
I don't think Shadow Tag Litwick ever got released so it's safe to assume those trying to go through Bank will get marked as Hacked and not be able to transfer over.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, ah well, flash fire is still good.

Also man, I have way too many breeding projects. For whatever reason it seems like I'm hoarding bulky water pokemon.

Tiamant

Ungh, It's better for me to go to sleep, I've been losing all day and I don't know exactly why (actually yes, leaving my safe builds)

Even one of these stupid kids named Ash with Mewtwo-Greninja-Blaziken-Yveltal has won me for the first time :/

DaBoss

I just realized I still haven't bred a fire type Pokemon. I don't even have a Pokemon with a flying type move!
Do you want a Solosis and a Ferroseed with a 0 IV in Speed? I saw your post earlier, but I was too busy with Ace Attorney lol.

You both didn't breed Larvesta?

Antiwhippy

I just realized I still haven't bred a fire type Pokemon. I don't even have a Pokemon with a flying type move!

Haha, I just realised this as well. Seems like I have some weird trauma that biased me against it. Like maybe some talonflame related trauma.

edit: actually no, I have bred larvestas.

MicH

Do you want a Solosis and a Ferroseed with a 0 IV in Speed? I saw your post earlier, but I was too busy with Ace Attorney lol.
EDIT Lol yeah, I bred Larvesta. Whoops

Ooh yes, I'm very interested in these! What would you like in return? I have:

3-4 IV Adamant Beldum (haven¨t checked IVs)
3-4 IV Timid Trace Ralts (haven't checked IVs)
2-3 IV Modest Serene Grace Togepi w/ Nasty Plot
4 IV Modest Larvesta
4-5 IV Jolly Scyther (some have Swarm (male), can be used to breed with a Technician females)
4 IV Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock
4 IV Adamant Contrary Inkay
4 IV Impish Immunity Gligar
3-4 IV Adamant Larvitar w/ Pursuit and Dragon Dance
4 IV Jolly Quick Feet Shroomish w/ Bullet Seed

MicH

lol

Only one I don't have is a Beldum. I would be interested in that, but I do need some females in that bunch in Luxury Balls to start breeding. A female Ralts in a Luxury Ball would be nice.
You got it! I'll be online in a minute

Top Bottom