• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

So I have a bunch of eggs that I want to get rid of. You can have anything you want and I don't need anything in return. Here's what I want to get rid of:

Shroomish
1. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\1\7\31 [13]
2. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\29\10\9\31 [1726]
3. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\10\0\31 [3201]
4. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\10\31\7 [2709]
5. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Effect Spore, 31\31\11\10\9\31 [3074]
6. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Poison Heal, 31\31\31\1\8\31 [3530]
7. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\1\9\24 [695]
8. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Poison Heal, 5\31\31\10\31\31 [1031]
9. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\10\9\15 [4091]
10. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Effect Spore, 31\13\31\1\31\31 [3997]
11. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Effect Spore, 31\31\5\1\9\31 [1568]
12. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\31\31\31 [3479]
13. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\1\31\11 [577]
14. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\5\31\1\9\31 [753]
15. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Poison Heal, 31\6\31\1\9\31 [4031]
17. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\24\31\10\31\31 [3292]
18. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\1\10\31 [429]
19. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 6\31\31\1\9\31 [3520]
20. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Poison Heal, 1\31\31\10\9\31 [2594]
21. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\1\3\31 [1705]
23. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\13\31\10\9\31 [667]
24. Shroomish (M) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\1\31\1\31\31 [698]
25. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\31\31\1\22\31 [2039]
26. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 13\31\31\1\9\31 [733]
28. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Quick Feet, 31\2\31\10\31\31 [1982]
29. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Poison Heal, 31\31\31\1\9\31 [4070]
30. Shroomish (F) - Jolly, Effect Spore, 31\31\31\1\2\31 [1875]

Beldum
05. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\31\19\31\31 [3]
10. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\31\2\31\31 [3297]
15. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\30\2\31\31 [1513]

18. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\31\21\31\31 [2754]
30. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\31\3\31\31 [2730]

12. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\31\8\31\31 [837]
27. Beldum - Adamant, Clear Body, 31\31\31\7\31\31 [3101]

Marills
14. Marill (M) - Adamant, Huge Power, 28\31\31\22\31\31 [1297]

4. Marill (M) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\31\23\26\31 [3962]
5. Marill (F) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\31\0\31\31 [818]
9. Marill (F) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\31\1\28\31 [357]
10. Marill (M) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\31\1\28\31 [1205]
11. Marill (F) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\27\23\31\31 [1907]
13. Marill (M) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\31\3\31\31 [2142]
22. Marill (M) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\9\23\31\31 [41]
28. Marill (F) - Adamant, Huge Power, 31\31\31\1\24\31 [232]

Tyrunts
5. Tyrunt (M) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\24\13\31 [1515]
12. Tyrunt (M) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\4\31\31 [1540]
22. Tyrunt (M) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\29\31\31 [1678]
24. Tyrunt (M) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\19\31\31 [2647]
26. Tyrunt (M) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\9\31\31 [1392]

Please PM me with what you're interested in. Please keep all the data in the PM so I can quickly identify which one you want

joelseph

That's a thing? He seemed to try pretty hard what with switching around and overpredicting and all. Why not just initiate a trade if all they want is FCs.

Sometimes I have to trade a few times to get the FC thing to popup, while I get it right away after a single battle. /shrug

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Where do you get Kangaskhanite? I feel like there isn't a solid source of Pokemon info on the net - some sites say Glittering Cave anytime, others say between 8-9pm, others say to just manually reset clock and it'll spawn, others mention that resetting the clock doesn't work and locks it out for 48 hours then other sites mention that it's only obtainable after the Elite 4, and then one site says "any time, but it's random!".

It's reminding me of reading about getting Mew from the truck by the S.S. Anne years ago.

MicH

Where do you get Kangaskhanite? I feel like there isn't a solid source of Pokemon info on the net - some sites say Glittering Cave anytime, others say between 8-9pm, others say to just manually reset clock and it'll spawn, others mention that resetting the clock doesn't work and locks it out for 48 hours then other sites mention that it's only obtainable after the Elite 4, and then one site says "any time, but it's random!".

It's reminding me of reading about getting Mew from the truck by the S.S. Anne years ago.
Glittering Cave between 8 and 9 PM after having beat the Elite 4. NOTE that you have to do at least one round in the Battle Maison in Kiloude City and battle your rival hereafter (also in Kiloude)

When you've done that, go to the big crystal in Anistar city between 8 and 9 PM and Professor Sycamore will update your Mega Ring. All the other Mega Stones can now be found ONLY between 8 and 9 PM

upandaway

It's in the secret floor in the Glittering Cave, between 8 and 9, after beating the Elite Four and upgrading the Mega Ring, and as far as I know changing the clock to between 8 and 9 works.

Tenck

Can you do the same for me? I just trade you a pokemon with me as the OT and you'll be able to tell me my Trainer Shiny Value, right?

Yeah as long as it's a Pokemon that's not in an egg, and you're the OT.

Edit: Also you just got to show it to me, you don't have to give it to me.

Edit2: Your TSV is 4067

Tenck

Can you check my TSV? We're already friends, my Trainer name is Tirael.

Your TSV is 2589

Edit: Yeah Coltraine looks like you have to be the OT. Mine is 1509 and the one in the image is different.

B0xS7dW.png

Was getting worried I had given SkullHydra the wrong value, but it looks like I was correct.

Why do some people feel that those who use the SV exploit hurts their experience? It's not like they're getting better Pokemon or anything.

Not speaking for them - I don't care one way or the other - some people may feel like the SV exploit devalues the shinies they spent hundreds of hours hatching "legitimately". And it does, I guess. I can honestly say that this gen killed any interest I had in shinies, but since they're never something I actively pursued I'm not terribly disappointed.

MicH

Not speaking for them - I don't care one way or the other - some people may feel like the SV exploit devalues the shinies they spent hundreds of hours hatching "legitimately". And it does, I guess. I can honestly say that this gen killed any interest I had in shinies, but since they're never something I actively pursued I'm not terribly disappointed.
But this was the same issue in Gen V with RNG and hacks. This doesn't change the shiny scene at all.

Anyway, I just got my shiny Jolly Shroomish (31/31/31/1/30/31) with Bullet Seed. Yay!

But this was the same issue in Gen V with RNG and hacks. This doesn't change the shiny scene at all.

Anyway, I just got my shiny Jolly Shroomish (31/31/31/1/30/31) with Bullet Seed. Yay!
Gen VI Pokemon couldn't be RNGed so their value was lost once players dwelved into this Instacheck thing.

Well personally, I value the shinies I get on my own, with my own OT and everything - I never really got into trading others for them, or trading away any of mine. Hence nothing really changed for me this gen.

ramyeon

As far as I understand it, RNG and Hacked pokemon cannot be used competitively in this gen even after poke bank opens up because they lack the identifier that marks them as legit pokemon. Plus we were spoilt with such a clean, exploit free gen to begin with. I also place value in playing the game as the dev intended and using a piece of software to trick the game into sending data to a hotspot is not what they intended at all. Yes, they wanted to make shinies a bit more common but not in this way.

At the end of the day I understand why people use it, and if anyone cannot understand why I don't like it then they're not trying to understand or simply don't want to understand :) everyone has different opinions and places value in different things.

DaBoss

They lack the pentagon mark that says it was obtained in game. There are already tournaments in Japan forbidding use of any pokemon that don't have this mark as far as I am aware.
That means the Pokemon was not obtained in Kalos by catching/hatching the Pokemon in X/Y.

Firestorm said that is impossible because those Pokemon that are hacked/RNG'd are legit despite how they are obtained. At least that's what I think lol.

Firestorm

They lack the pentagon mark that says it was obtained in game. There are already tournaments in Japan forbidding use of any pokemon that don't have this mark as far as I am aware.
A tournament for elementary school kids in Japan forbids the use of Pokemon obtained over Pokebank because Pokebank comes out the day after applications for the first set of events are due. This pentagon probably means that the Pokemon was obtained in Kalos. There is little chance they'd allow players to straight up tell "oh looks like I'm gonna pass the hack check!" for those with access to PokeGen and there's literally zero way of telling if something has been RNGed vs not if it's perfectly done. I mean sure you can tell it probably was, but there's zero proof as it was all done within the game with no external device making changes on the game card.

ramyeon

That means the Pokemon was not obtained in Kalos by catching/hatching the Pokemon in X/Y.

Firestorm said that is impossible because those Pokemon that are hacked/RNG'd are legit despite how they are obtained. At least that's what I think lol.
Ah I see.

Regardless, same result. Unless tournaments allow pokemon obtained outside of Kalos and the one I heard of was just an anomaly.
A tournament for elementary school kids in Japan forbids the use of Pokemon obtained over Pokebank because Pokebank comes out the day after applications for the first set of events are due. This pentagon probably means that the Pokemon was obtained in Kalos. There is little chance they'd allow players to straight up tell "oh looks like I'm gonna pass the hack check!" for those with access to PokeGen and there's literally zero way of telling if something has been RNGed vs not if it's perfectly done. I mean sure you can tell it probably was, but there's zero proof as it was all done within the game with no external device making changes on the game card.
Okay, my bad I heard wrong then. Sorry :)

MicH

Gen VI Pokemon as in Kalos Pokemon.
As far as I'm aware you can't RNG a Greninja in Gen V.
That's true, but even then the shiny rate has been halved in X and Y anyway, so shinies are bound to be much more common. Just take a look at what Black-Win has amassed. That is an insane amount - all legally obtained.

ramyeon

That's true, but even then the shiny rate has been halved in X and Y anyway, so shinies are bound to be much more common. Just take a look at what Black-Win has amassed. That is an insane amount - all legally obtained.
So are you trying to understand why people are against it or are you trying to persuade us that it's legit and we should accept it? If it's the latter then you don't need to. As long as you're fine with it and enjoying the game that way it's fine, doesn't matter what other people think. Not everyone is going to like or agree with it but that shouldn't take away from your enjoyment anyway so why bother?

Likewise for me, I don't agree with it but I'm never gonna persuade anyone who already has their mind made up about it so it's pretty futile to try. Just have fun with the game the way you want to really. It's out there so people are gonna use it, I accept that but it doesn't mean I have to like it :)

MicH

So are you trying to understand why people are against it or are you trying to persuade us that it's legit and we should accept it? If it's the latter then you don't need to. As long as you're fine with it and enjoying the game that way it's fine, doesn't matter what other people think. Not everyone is going to like or agree with it but that shouldn't take away from your enjoyment anyway so why bother?

Likewise for me, I don't agree with it but I'm never gonna persuade anyone who already has their mind made up about it so it's pretty futile to try. Just have fun with the game the way you want to really. It's out there so people are gonna use it, I accept that but it doesn't mean I have to like it :)
I am trying to understand it, but either way you look at it the shiny "market" will be flooded anyway as shinies are much more common this generation. Thus why I don't understand why people think it hurts their experience that some people use the Instacheck thing

ramyeon

I am trying to understand it, but either way you look at it the shiny "market" will be flooded anyway as shinies are much more common this generation. Thus why I don't understand why people think it hurts their experience that some people use the Instacheck thing
There's been heaps of replies to you explaining their reasoning and you'll find their not JUST against instacheck but any other alternatives in past gens. Why should everyone agree with it just cause it's gonna happen anyway?

If you're really trying to understand then you probably need to take a step back and think about it from another perspective instead of trying to debunk our arguments ;)

MicH

Shinies on their own are much more common but the instacheck approach lets you hatch competitive bred Pokemon as shinies.
Yeah, this is definitely true. You can actually use your shinies competitively now instead of catching some with subpar IVs, wrong nature and ability. It also makes it even easier to breed perfect Pokemon in general, though. Such a handy program :p

There's been heaps of replies to you explaining their reasoning and you'll find their not JUST against instacheck but any other alternatives in past gens. Why should everyone agree with it just cause it's gonna happen anyway?

If you're really trying to understand then you probably need to take a step back and think about it from another perspective instead of trying to debunk our arguments ;)
Yeah, and I am perfectly fine with that. I was only taking offense to the whole "I hope they block eggs from trading" because they don't like it. And responding to some of their replies. Anyway, I won't bring this up anymore. Reminds me of the RNG discussion before X and Y

Top Bottom