• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Real shitty when you hatch shinies for people and A) don't get anything in return and B) they won't even send you a freaking hatching O-Power

Come on, people

(none are Gaffers, of course)

Of course its not a gaffer, the list is too small to get any hits :p

And yeaaaaah ... one guy gave me a Shiny Espurr (just power leveled her to 60s tonight) after hatching his his eevee but that's it.

That's part of why I jumped in NOW ... this shit's a time bomb cause breeders have all the "power" in the relationship IF the hatcher partakes in the deal. That's gonna burn out a lot of hatchers when they wise up to the fact.

Last night I saw someone on /vp/ with a huge list of Eevees he was giving away .... but only after getting 8 shiny Eevees back out of the batch (cause "Meh Eevee evol collection!!"). Just flat out that ... no offer to give out iv mons for the hatchers to breed if they want as repayment even though he offered a guy who gave him a sv matching ralts that deal. Ran off 2 matches because of that (3 if you include me).

Pointed this out to him, told him to take that to reddit (where he can ASK 8 matches one by one instead of asking 8 people to give up the chance to get a eevee in the batch on /vp/) and he tried to blow up on me lol! Thread pretty much turned on him ... people are wising up to the way power is being balanced so IDK what it's gonna look like in the next few weeks.

Get mine as I can before the bubble pops.

ramyeon

Thanks!
In that case you can keep the Shellder, I don't think I'll even breed a Cloyster. :)
Oh okay cool, well if you do end up wanting it back just let me know :)

So tempting to Masuda Method since it's Japanese but ahhh... that's a rabbit hole I'm weary of getting sucked into haha.

Oh okay cool, well if you do end up wanting it back just let me know :)

So tempting to Masuda Method since it's Japanese but ahhh... that's a rabbit hole I'm weary of getting sucked into haha.
I don't think it's worth it, it only has 3 usable IVs :(
If you want to Masuda something in the Flying Egg Group I have a Japanese Male Noibat with
31/31/31/X/31/31.

ramyeon

I don't think it's worth it, it only has 3 usable IVs :(
If you want to Masuda something in the Flying Egg Group I have a Japanese Male Noibat with
31/31/31/X/31/31.
Haha I will probably never actually Masuda anyway :( I tried it once with Chespin and it actually made me less interested in the game, probably better to stay away :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, didn't get as many 5IV absols as I hoped considering the parents I had, but I somehow ended up with 2 6IV absols. My first 6IV mon too!

Who wants some absols?

Morokh

Odd request, i'm looking for a pokemon with exactly 30 IV's in Defense that can be bred with an Eevee, trying to make a HP Ice Jolteon :p

NEO0MJ

Sure, I have a male 5IV one. No perfects in speed though, which is crucial for him. Still want it?

Have I added you yet? FC is 5000 2377 2427.

No Problem if the 5th isn't speed, I can use it to breed other pokemon. Do you want Skrelp, Deino or Venonat? My FC is in my profile.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, I don't think I could have survived a STAB flare blitz. That wild charge really surprised me. Thought I could cleanup with slowbro.

Thanks for the Skrelp NoeMJ!

Delio

Hey guys! I'm trying to get back into breeding again (took a month to work on Nano) Hope i can get some matches with you guys.

Antiwhippy

So what are the chances of two 3IV parents, both with the total opposite IV of each other, spawning a 6IV mon? Or a 5IV one?

Wichu

That's not true (maybe you forgot Destiny Knot?). Two opposite 3IV parents have a 1/32 or 3% chance of a 5IV child (1/2 for each of 5 stats), or a 1/192 chance of a 5IV child in a certain combination of 5 ((1/32) / 6).

NEO0MJ

That's not true (maybe you forgot Destiny Knot?). Two opposite 3IV parents have a 1/32 or 3% chance of a 5IV child (1/2 for each of 5 stats), or a 1/192 chance of a 5IV child in a certain combination of 5 ((1/32) / 6).

Oh, I forgot to add that. With Destiny Knot the chances of a 5IV pokemon becomes 0.68%, and 0.10% for a 6IV pokemon.

MegaMelon

Got my perfect 6IVs...

But wrong ability!

Fuuuuuuu.

Ah well. It can be breeding fodder.

Ability capsule? Unless you need the hidden ability. Keep on trucking if so, you'll get it eventually

Regarding event legends and mega evo

I want mega latios and latias Naow. They look epic. That and diancie. Febrruary can't come sooner

Velcro Fly

Wonder trade man, wonder trade. I currently have 27,361 miles AFTER buying 25 rare candies the other day. It's a nice feeling having all these miles to fall back on.

I know. I have like 14k from Wonder Trading.

I just thought getting almost 100 streetpasses in one day might mean more than 310 pokemiles.

Velcro Fly

How do they calculate for streetpasses anyway? I think I got about 100 for just 2-3 people.

I thought I heard it was based on distance or something. A majority of mine were from people the next state over pretty much.

But still having a minimum of 5 or 10 since streetpasses are still hard to come by in NA would be nice.

2/3rd of the Kalos dex, caught!
BZugg10IEAAnVUr.jpg

It wasn't so bad: I ended up getting a level 91 Haxorus through the GTS when I asked for one with a Salamence I had that was level 50 or so. I used that Haxorus to get Zapdos, used the Zapdos to get Moltres, and finally used the Moltres to get Articuno. The GTS is a lifesaver when they aren't asking for Feebas or legendaries...

I'll probably be done with the whole Kalos dex by Thanksgiving. In other news, I miss breeding...

Lost all inspiration to play recently, need to get a 5IV Timid Anticipation Eevee but I just can't be bothered. All I need to finish off team as well.

Lost all inspiration to play recently, need to get a 5IV Timid Anticipation Eevee but I just can't be bothered. All I need to finish off team as well.
I have a 5V female Modest Anticipation Sylveon. Want me to do the breeding for you? I have a Timid 5V male in the field group all set up, too!

Egg moves would take a little more time, though.

Korosenai

After playing on Battle spot this morning for a while I'm glad to report that Breloom and Cloyster are excellent additions to my team.

Was sad when I realized rapid spin was an egg move after iv breeding and ev training Cloyster, so I've been running ice chard on her and it's working really well.

Breloom with spore, swords dance, and Mach punch is just too good.

Top Bottom