• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Kokonoe

Banned
Found this cute stuff. Too bad the images are so large lol.

Pokemon Chao Gallery

SJqmv9O.png
7E0E7io.png

QLbQzvf.png
aOgnM9Y.png

Sigmaah

How do I get mega stones? 8-9pm? How can I fix my time so I can get alakazite! Manipulate the in game time or the 3ds actual time? Seems like it isn't possible? NOOO!

So since daylight savings is over(has been) my 3ds is an hour ahead now.
Is it safe to change it back? I remember Ramyeon having issues with the TM girl after changing his time.

ramyeon

So since daylight savings is over(has been) my 3ds is an hour ahead now.
Is it safe to change it back? I remember Ramyeon having issues with the TM girl after changing his time.
Should be safe, I only had an issue cause I went a day ahead I think. It normalised itself after a day or two anyway though :)

Kawl_USC

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Return
- Fake Out

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Been playing a lot of Pokemon Showdown with this team. Up to around 1750 rating, so I'm doing pretty well. Some of the biggest mind games are which lead to choose from. I typically can lead with any of these guys but Scolipede and Gliscor are my two most common. If the other team doesn't have a Kangaskhan, Priority Mover, or Weather, I'll usually go with scolipede start, especially if I expect them to go with something like Ferrothorn to set up SR and Spike and what not. The sword dance and speed boost off turn one is too good to BP to my own Kang. I've swept numerous whole teams with Kang after even just 1 SD and speed boost, but after 2 or 3 SD and multiple Speed Boost its unstoppable.

And honestly Scolipede himself ends up sweeping almost as many teams because people expect the pure BP and EQ and Poison Jab surprise the hell out of them. Plus its stats are decent enough that with a few Sword Dances and Speed Boosts that it can take out anything as well.

Gliscor is a mean physical wall. Ice Fang is almost entirely for the mirror match up. If I see a Smeargle and expect Spore open I always start with him and protect so Toxic Orb kicks in. Toxic, Protect, and Poison heal makes for a mean staller.

Rotom-W is there for a bit of all around Special guy, good attacker and defensively as well. Plus he gives me much desired coverage of Gyarados. Can't tell you how often Will-o-Wisp is crucial for shutting down a monster of a physical attacker, be it Blaziken or Kanga or some one else.

Talonflame is Ferrothorn and Klefki killer as well as Blaziken. The priority Brave Bird is disgustingly strong. I like Sky Plate over Life Orb as he already as so much recoil from his two moves that he doesn't need more. BB on him feels honestly borderline broken though so strong.

Starmie is just there for rapid spin and a bit more special attacker, but is the team member I'm least happy with. I had Donphan here for a bit but I find I have trouble ever spinning successfully with either tbh.

PK Gaming

I'm holding off on breeding a Togekiss because I have no idea what kind of build I want to use for it.... anyone have some suggestions? Is Timid/Modest the best nature for it? Should I use Nasty Plot?

It really depends on what kind of format you're playing in. 6v6? VGC?

Togekiss should rarely invest in Speed it's in an unremarkable Speed tier, and investing in defense makes it really hard to kill to kill.

When I used Togekiss, I went with a flat 252HP/252Def/4SpD and Bold spread with

-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Dazzling Gleam / Fire Blast
-Roost

The spread balances its defenses (making it a viable physical tank) and also makes it one of the best checks to physical Dragon-types & Fighting-types in the game. Until a metagame is formed, we can't really determine any benchmarks for Togekiss to outspeed. It's physical defense is really deceptive, Excadrills have hard time OHKOing you with Rock Slide, to give you an example of what I mean.

Sigmaah

You have to exit the area and reenter it after you've changed the time to make the stone spawn.

Still not showing up, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

So set time to 8, then enter place where megastone is located right? I tried changing time and reentering, didn't work!

Lame!

ciD_Vain

Still not showing up, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

So set time to 8, then enter place where megastone is located right? I tried changing time and reentering, didn't work!

Lame!

You did upgrade your Mega Ring first right? and make sure the 3DS clock is set to 20:00 and not 08:00

ciD_Vain

Update mega ring.... I don't think I did that! Wdf! Where do I do that at?! I think we have solved the mystery!

Defeat Elite 4, go to Kiloude City and do a round of the Battle Maison, go to the northern most part of Kiloude and defeat your rival, she'll tell you to go to Anistar City to meet the professor where he will upgrade your ring for you :)

jelmerjt

Hi guys, I have two questions:

Would a Psyshock from Latios OHKO Goodra? (130 special attack vs 70 defense).

Also, does Gooey activate when a Pokemon hits Goodra with Psyshock?

PK Gaming

Hi guys, I have two questions:

Would a Psyshock from Latios OHKO Goodra? (130 special attack vs 70 defense).

Also, does Gooey activate when a Pokemon hits Goodra with Psyshock?

1. The most damage it can deal to Goodra is (81.61 - 96.57%) with a Choice specs. That's assuming Goodra does not have any investment in HP however. With Max HP it deals (68.22 - 80.72%)
2. Gooey activates on contact moves. Psyshock is non-contact.

Story of my life haha. What can I hook you up with in return? I've got some 4IV Phanpy, Torchic, Beldum, Togetic, Larvesta if you need any of those :)
Phanpy! :)
Yeah, gg. He was my comeback factor. Fell short tho. Lum rest trevanant tho surprised me. It's awesome.

Kanga trade? Rematch? Haha
Kanga trade. Rematch after I see what can counter Talonflame in my PC.

They're in dusk balls because they're my favorite :)

jelmerjt

1. The most damage it can deal to Goodra is (81.61 - 96.57%) with a Choice specs. That's assuming Goodra does not have any investment in HP however. With Max HP it deals (68.22 - 80.72%)
2. Gooey activates on contact moves. Psyshock is non-contact.

Thanks for the reply. Useful info :)

Sigmaah

Defeat Elite 4, go to Kiloude City and do a round of the Battle Maison, go to the northern most part of Kiloude and defeat your rival, she'll tell you to go to Anistar City to meet the professor where he will upgrade your ring for you :)

Thank you! Got it! Yay!

Top Bottom