• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

I guess if you factor in both Recover and Taunt, Metal Burst becomes a lot more viable. Do you know whether MB is affected by the type chart, or if it's like Counter/Mirror Coat and just does flat damage?

I think it does flat damage. Though the problem with Metal Burst is that it requires Sableye to be able to take a hit and Sableye will most likely get OHKO'd, so Foul Play would be better in that regard. This is confusing lol.

I think it does flat damage. Though the problem with Metal Burst is that it requires Sableye to be able to take a hit and Sableye will most likely get OHKO'd, so Foul Play would be better in that regard. This is confusing lol.

The enemy will most likely be taking a Will-O-Wisp to the face as soon as Sableye enters the fray, so hopefully their halved attack combined with Sableye's bulky EV spread and nature will allow it to take a few hits before prio-Recovering back up into the green.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm a little over .500 in singles ranked, but my team ATM is:

Timid Protean Froakie (ice beam, grass knot, uturn, extrasensory) Life Orb

Jolly Thick Fat Mamoswine (Earthquake, Rockslide, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash) Assault Vest

Jolly Multiscale Dragonite (Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Rock Slide, Outrage) Leftovers or Weakness Policy

Jolly MegaLucario (Swords Dance, Crunch, Bullet Punch, Close Combat)

Adamant Huge Power Azumarrill (Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Play Rough) HP-restore Berry/Splash Scale

Timid Gengar (Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond) Focus Sash

This team is ballin'. All 4-5IV outstanding's with perfect EVs/natures. When I lose, it's due to skill and rarely pokes; there's not many Pokemon combinations that scare me too badly. Protean Froakie usually starts and if he KOs the first Pokemon in the first hit, it's usually a wrap.

Dragonite is the Brave Bird/Aegislash counter. Mamoswine is just a baller(used on dragon heavy teams). Azumarrill owns dragons and walls. 1 belly drum and it's just a match-ending super murderer. Lucario for walls like Ferrothorn and Snorlax. Gengar is usually destiny bond bait for anything else that falls through the cracks(Rotom!!!).

The only thing I consistently have trouble against is Mega Mawile/Trick Room teams. Everything else is cool.
Forgot to ask; any tips on what I should improve as far as skillsets/items?

jelmerjt

After like 400 resets, I got this Timid Latios in Black 2:

80 - 23
90 - 26 or 27
80 - 31
130 - 29
110 - 14 or 15
110 - 31

Should I keep this Latios? I am going to teach Latios Calm Mind by the way.

DaBoss

The enemy will most likely be taking a Will-O-Wisp to the face as soon as Sableye enters the fray, so hopefully their halved attack combined with Sableye's bulky EV spread and nature will allow it to take a few hits before prio-Recovering back up into the green.

That's true, but a Sp Atk Pokemon would screw Sableye over.

Protag

Banned
What is the definitive way to level up a dragonair to a dragonite?

lvl 55? Attack at 145+? It'd be
Great
If someone can tell me

That's true, but a Sp Atk Pokemon would screw Sableye over.

I've heard that he can pretty handily KO even those that aren't predominantly physical attackers due to STAB Foul Play, Will-O-Wisp and Recover chipping away at the opponent's health, but he'd likely just be used to haze Pokémon of that nature with his two Prankster moves before tagging out to let a stronger ally take out the incapacitated foe.

Tenck

Are abilities random or are they passed down from Parents? Got a good Jolly Gible 31/31/31/x/31/31 but it has Sand Veil, and from what I understand people don't like that. So can I breed two Gibles with Sand Veil and hope for one with rough skin or do I absolutely need one with Rough Skin?

Korosenai

I'm holding off on breeding a Togekiss because I have no idea what kind of build I want to use for it.... anyone have some suggestions? Is Timid/Modest the best nature for it? Should I use Nasty Plot?

ohlawd

Are abilities random or are they passed down from Parents? Got a good Jolly Gible 31/31/31/x/31/31 but it has Sand Veil, and from what I understand people don't like that. So can I breed two Gibles with Sand Veil and hope for one with rough skin or do I absolutely need one with Rough Skin?

Male (with or without HA) + Female (HA) = Chance of getting HA
Male (HA) + Female (without HA) = no chance of HA
Male (HA) + Ditto = chance of getting HA

Quest1

Does anyone have any spare kangaskhan? I wanna kick start his breeding process but I don't have any in safari or if you can even get one there. I have some brave 4 IV swords or rocks pursuit ddance Larvitars to offer

I'm holding off on breeding a Togekiss because I have no idea what kind of build I want to use for it.... anyone have some suggestions?

I just got my ideal Togekiss today, but so far my ParaFlinch set of Air Slash/Thunder Wave/Roost/Flamethrower (Calm nature, 252 HP and Sp. Def) has worked really well. I've been using Leftovers as my item, but there's a rumour floating around that King's Rock works on Air Slash now, meaning that while under Thunder Wave the opponent only has a 15% chance of actually being able to make a move.

Of course, this set is completely stopped cold by Electric-types, but it's not like you'll be keeping Togekiss on the field against them so that doesn't really matter. What DOES matter is that the little birdy completely walls Garchomp, Dragonite and Hydreigon as well as 99% of all Fighting-types, which is pretty darn rad.

Sora_N

What the hell? I just randomly saw a Zapdos, he comes into battle and flees...is this a new thing?

I was just about to ask what things I can do post-game. I just got all the 8-9PM Mega Stones.

Natiko

Banned
I really want to try out Togekiss but I feel like the process of getting a good one will be a huge headache. Same for Jolteon.

Fury Sense

250px-475Gallade.png

Gallade: A Goodra counter?

HP: 68
Attack: 125
Defense: 65
Sp.Atk: 65
Sp.Def: 115
Speed: 80

Not

Banned
I gotta say, going in blind and evolving Chespin for the first time was an incredibly disappointing experience

But by level 36, it was all better

Korosenai

I just got my ideal Togekiss today, but so far my ParaFlinch set of Air Slash/Thunder Wave/Roost/Flamethrower (Calm nature, 252 HP and Sp. Def) has worked really well. I've been using Leftovers as my item, but there's a rumour floating around that King's Rock works on Air Slash now, meaning that while under Thunder Wave the opponent only has a 15% chance of actually being able to make a move.

Of course, this set is completely stopped cold by Electric-types, but it's not like you'll be keeping Togekiss on the field against them so that doesn't really matter. What DOES matter is that the little birdy completely walls Garchomp, Dragonite and Hydreigon as well as 99% of all Fighting-types, which is pretty darn rad.

I was either gonna go with this set, or a timid/modest set with nasty plot... but the one you just suggested looks really good... mainly because I wouldn't have to try to get a Togepi with nasty plot lol.

It also seems like the ParaFlinch set is pretty much the bread and butter build for Togekiss.

spiritfox

Klefki can learn Taunt? It can't through TM or else I would have used it already.

BTW anyone has a spare HA Eevee to spare? I just need the HA, don't care about the natures or IVs. Male is ok but female would be nice.

I think this will be my final party once Bank is released next month:

Shiny Scrafty (ScraftyD)
~Hi Jump Kick
~Crunch
~Dragon Dance
~Ice Punch

Scizor (Edward)
~Bug Bite
~Brick Break
~Bullet Punch
~Pursuit

Mega Kangaskhan (Mega Powers)
~Return
~Earthquake
~Sucker Punch
~Power-Up Punch

Gengar (Crona)
~Shadow Ball
~Sludge Bomb
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast

Togekiss (Khamsin)
~Air Slash
~Thunder Wave
~Flamethrower
~Roost

Shiny Gliscor (Demona)
~Earthquake
~Toxic
~Protect
~Substitute

The only real fault I can see is that two of my members are weak to Ice, but Scrafty and Scizor can switch into those safely so it's not a big deal.

jelmerjt

There's no going back now. Decided to keep this Latios (Black 2).

23 / 26 or 27 / 31 / 29 / 14 or 15 / 31

Is it December already? :p

Sora_N

Ugh, I just have no idea how to make a team.

Is Clawitzer worth using? I was thinking I could try doing Subsitute/Heal Pulse + 2 other Attacks or something.

Wazzy

Banned
I completely forgot about hidden abilities. *sigh* now I need to go check my friend safari and hope someone has dragon.

At least two of my team are done. I know who my third is but I've been debating the other three. I kind of want to include one of the new pokemon.

Jeerington

Neo Member
Finally beat the Elite Four!

Anyone tell me what's in my friend safari? Add me 0447-6264-5547. Let me know if you add so I can add you back!

Starting the long road of breeding/training. Should I worry about making a perfect Ditto or work on having more friends for friend safari?

backlot

I may be a bit late to the conversation but I always wow, taunt, recover, and trick with lagging tail for singles. You'd be amazed how many Pokemon you can knock out with just burn damage.

ciD_Vain

Finally beat the Elite Four!

Anyone tell me what's in my friend safari? Add me 0447-6264-5547. Let me know if you add so I can add you back!

Starting the long road of breeding/training. Should I worry about making a perfect Ditto or work on having more friends for friend safari?
Just added you! 0774-4252-7668
I'll let you know what your Pokemon are when i see them :)

I may be a bit late to the conversation but I always wow, taunt, recover, and trick with lagging tail for singles. You'd be amazed how many Pokemon you can knock out with just burn damage.

In what scenario should you Trick the Lagging Tail onto them? Won't you move before them every time anyway?

Top Bottom