• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Beats

I kind of want to put some wrappers on my team. First one I can think of is maybe Dragonite (Multiscale) with Leftovers or Binding Band along with max HP/Speed EVs and this moveset:
- Wrap
- Roost
- Earthquake / Some other attacking move
- Protect

Not sure how well this would work. Are there any other pokemon that can wrap and don't go down easily?

Azure J

So riddle me this, does Tyranitar have natural access to Stealth Rock without Gen 5 move tutors or do I have to wait until Pokebank to mess around with a lead Tyranitar?

ramyeon

Is there anyone who has bred or is breeding Scythers for good IVs and has some leftovers? I really loved my Scizor during the main game but now I need to train a better one that I can use online.

Korosenai

Heliolisk, Gengar, Malamar, Greninja, Kangaskhan, Gliscor, Exploud, Togekiss and Smeargle.

I was considering raising Ambipom too, but then I realized that I've already worked on 4 Normal-types already, so I should probably give that type a break. ;P

You should train a Goodra!

Holmes

Is there anyone who has bred or is breeding Scythers for good IVs and has some leftovers? I really loved my Scizor during the main game but now I need to train a better one that I can use online.
I do and I want to help you, but my 3DS got the black screen of death the other day, so I can't play with the wifi on anymore. :'( If/when I resolve it in a few days and you still don't have one, hmu.

ramyeon

I do and I want to help you, but my 3DS got the black screen of death the other day, so I can't play with the wifi on anymore. :'( If/when I resolve it in a few days and you still don't have one, hmu.
Wow that sucks :/ hopefully you can fix it! If I don't have one by then I'll definitely let you know, thanks :)

You should train a Goodra!

Pff, too mainstream!

I've had a Gooey Sliggoo on the backburner for quite some time now, but I haven't gotten around to it due to how long it takes to breed pseudos and how negative my experience training Hydreigon in Gen V was.

Finally beat the game. My team:

Ial2AJv.png

Now to make some good pokemon.

Okamid3n

I could give you two matching adamant technician 4IVs for you to breed a 5IVs if you want. I've got a full box that needs some clearing up.

Okay guys, I've got my Aron, he's got Rock Head, Head Smash, and Adamant Nature.

His lowest IV is Defense, which is 14 (eugh?), but the rest of them are 28+. Main use is going to be Battle Maison, as my main Megamon. Is he useable? I know he has the highest DEF in the game as a Mega, just want to know if you guys feel this is at least adequate.

CrimsonN0

I kind of want to put some wrappers on my team. First one I can think of is maybe Dragonite (Multiscale) with Leftovers or Binding Band along with max HP/Speed EVs and this moveset:
- Wrap
- Roost
- Protect

Not sure how well this would work. Are there any other pokemon that can wrap and don't go down easily?

I've been using a Shuckle with Infestation, Toxic, Dig, and Power Split.

It managed to consecutuvely take down a Blaziken then Lapras.
Its also managed to take out Xerneas, Garchomp, Mega-Blaziken, Mega-Aerodactyl, etc.
If the enemy can keep boosting Attack/Spectial Attack with Curse, Swords Dance, Power Punch, etc, though, hes kind of doomed, though.

Okamid3n

That would be amazing, anything I can give you in return?

Actually, I can't think of much I need anymore and 4IVs really aren't any trouble to make once you get a pair of 5IVs. I'm just happy the scythers will be put to good use!

My FC is 5455-9601-4405, trainer name is Martin.

Okay, what am I doing wrong? According to the Fennekin infographic on page 1 I have a 1/6 chance of getting 5 IVs on a Pokemon. How long does this usually take you guys? I'll repost what I'm working with:

Yeah...the more I think I know about IV breeding, the less I find I really know.

So say I have these two Pokemon:

Male Adamant Inkay @Destiny Knot
Ability: Suction Cups (not the one I want)
31/31/31/x/31/31

Female Adamant Inkay @Everstone
Ability: Contrary (the one I want)
31/31/31/x/31/x

Am I on the right track to getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 w/Contrary?

I've been hatching 5 eggs, flying to Kiloude to check IVs, resetting, refusing the first egg, and repeating the process over again. Am I missing an important step that's letting you guys get a 1/6 chance of 5 IV Pokemon, or am I just being impatient?

ramyeon

Actually, I can't think of much I need anymore and 4IVs really aren't any trouble to make once you get a pair of 5IVs. I'm just happy the scythers will be put to good use!

Thanks a lot, it's definitely gonna make it much easier! My FC is 2766-8382-3106, I'll add you and hop online now! :)

Sigmaah

That feeling you get when you decide on a team, build the team, and finally complete the team...

IT FEELS AMAZING. FINALLY DONE WITH MY TEAM besides changing some moves, damn your boy is happy!

Firemind

- Wrap
- Roost
- Protect

Goodra can Infestation.
Heatran can Fire Spin.
Gliscor can Sand Tomb.
A shit load of bulky waters can Whirlpool.

By the way, you will want more bulk and invest in def or sp def evs instead of speed evs.

DaBoss

Okay, what am I doing wrong? According to the Fennekin infographic on page 1 I have a 1/6 chance of getting 5 IVs on a Pokemon. How long does this usually take you guys? I'll repost what I'm working with:

I've been hatching 5 eggs, flying to Kiloude to check IVs, resetting, refusing the first egg, and repeating the process over again. Am I missing an important step that's letting you guys get a 1/6 chance of 5 IV Pokemon, or am I just being impatient?

You're only supposed to be doing 1 Egg at a time for the method in that infographic. What you should be doing is just continuously hatch eggs. You have a ~10% chance of getting the perfect Inkay according to Coltraine's tool. You're better off trying again and again than resetting and checking IVs and repeatedly doing that.

You're only supposed to be doing 1 Egg at a time for the method in that infographic. What you should be doing is just continuously hatch eggs. You have a ~10% chance of getting the perfect Inkay according to Coltraine's tool. You're better off trying again and again than resetting and checking IVs and repeatedly doing that.

So just continually hatch eggs without restarting?

Don't know why this is an issue. I hatched my last two perfects in a couple hours, but this one's taken me about 6.

That feeling you get when you decide on a team, build the team, and finally complete the team...

IT FEELS AMAZING. FINALLY DONE WITH MY TEAM besides changing some moves, damn your boy is happy!

Yeah, felt that way when I completed by Gen 5 team, especially since Swords Dance Qwilfish was a hassle.

Do any wild Pokémon hold Leftovers this time around? I only got the item I found on the field.

ramyeon

Thanks again! Now to find another Metal Coat haha. The fun part :p

Tirod

This 4 IV Marill Mom and 4 IV Marill Dad are giving me a hell of a time making a 5 IV anything. T_T

I must have lucked out on my Larvesta and Gible projects, I have a box full of 4 IVs with Huge Power alone due to these Marill parents.

Next batch I check in Kiloude better give me one since I've complained

This 4 IV Marill Mom and 4 IV Marill Dad are giving me a hell of a time making a 5 IV anything. T_T

I must have lucked out on my Larvesta and Gible projects, I have a box full of 4 IVs with Huge Power alone due to these Marill parents.

The worst is having a 5 IV parent with the wrong ability and still getting nothing.

I think I'm gonna raise a Prankster Sableye next. Klefki's good and all, but priory Recover and Will-o-Wisp is just too good to pass up.

IMO, priority Will-o-wisp is better than anything Klefki's got.

True 'nuff. I'm gonna be carrying priority Taunt as well to mess with the Carbink Legion that seems to have sprung up as of late. It sucks that online battles are Level 50 only though, as it means that Night Shade isn't very useful. I guess there's always Foul Play, though...

Natiko

Banned

Any chance you'd be up for trading one or two of them? If so shoot me a PM! I'll see if I have anything you want.

DaBoss

IMO, priority Will-o-wisp is better than anything Klefki's got.

Got one a few minutes after you posted this. lol, thanks for the moral support.
Klefki's got Safeguard which can help out dealing with other Prankster Pokemon, though the best Prankster Pokemon for Safeguard is Meowstic due to its higher base speed.

No problem, you were actually close, and I know how you felt. RNG can be cruel as fuck at times.
True 'nuff. I'm gonna be carrying priority Taunt as well to mess with the Carbink Legion that seems to have sprung up as of late. It sucks that online battles are Level 50 only though, as it means that Night Shade isn't very useful. I guess there's always Foul Play, though...
I think Metal Burst would be the better move than Foul Play. You're not going to be able to raise the opponent's attack without Swagger, so you may as well do 1.5x damage dealt to you.

Korosenai

Does anyone have a Female Swinub with Thick Fat? No one on my friends list has one in their friend safari.

Any chance you'd be up for trading one or two of them? If so shoot me a PM! I'll see if I have anything you want.

I've got one Male and one Female Marill, Adamant, Huge Power, 4 ivs, Belly Drum, and Aqua Jet.

Tirod

Yep. All those 4 IV Marills have Huge Power, Adamant Nature, and come with Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, and Superpower on 'em at LV 1.

I'll be sure to PM you once the breeding session is done. I'm gonna hold off on trading for another hour or two until I get some 5 IVs...hopefully. T_T

Mostly interested in 4 IV Eevess with Wish and good natures for Vaporeon or Sylveon.

Other than that, whatever seems good with 3-4 IVs and the preferred ability are good enough for me.

Tirod

I really hate/love my luck sometimes.

Next batch I take to Kiloude has both 5 IV male and 5 IV female with Huge Power. Now to stick them in together and make some 5 IV babies reliably...hopefully.

Just tried the Battle Institute for the first time. My last battle had a Tauros with Toxic/Protect/Double Team.

In other news, I need to clear up some space. So any want some Mareeps leftovers?

Males:
5x HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def
1x HP/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed
2x HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Speed

Females:
2x HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def
3x HP/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed
3x Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed

I think Metal Burst would be the better move than Foul Play. You're not going to be able to raise the opponent's attack without Swagger, so you may as well do 1.5x damage dealt to you.

Is it possible to get both Metal Burst and Recover onto Sableye? Foul Play works regardless of whether or not they attack too, whereas Metal Burst would require a lot of planning and risk to be effective.

Meier

Does anyone have a decent Ditto available for someone trying to get better at breeding?

Oddly enough, I tried a different Ditto with a Tyrunt and it says they don't like each other very much. Will they not breed then? I thought the Ditto breeds with everyone.

Does anyone have a decent Ditto available for someone trying to get better at breeding?

Oddly enough, I tried a different Ditto with a Tyrunt and it says they don't like each other very much. Will they not breed then? I thought the Ditto breeds with everyone.

They will breed, it just takes longer.

Natiko

Banned
Does anyone have a Female Swinub with Thick Fat? No one on my friends list has one in their friend safari.

I've got one Male and one Female Marill, Adamant, Huge Power, 4 ivs, Belly Drum, and Aqua Jet.

Yep. All those 4 IV Marills have Huge Power, Adamant Nature, and come with Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, and Superpower on 'em at LV 1.

I'll be sure to PM you once the breeding session is done. I'm gonna hold off on trading for another hour or two until I get some 5 IVs...hopefully. T_T

Mostly interested in 4 IV Eevess with Wish and good natures for Vaporeon or Sylveon.

Other than that, whatever seems good with 3-4 IVs and the preferred ability are good enough for me.

Well if one of you are interested just shoot me a PM sometime! I know I traded with you the other day nub so I'm not sure that I'll have anything particularly new or exciting that I could give you :( I spent most of yesterday getting a full team ready finally as opposed to breeding.

DaBoss

Is it possible to get both Metal Burst and Recover onto Sableye? Foul Play works regardless of whether or not they attack too, whereas Metal Burst would require a lot of planning and risk to be effective.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to get both.

That's true, just saying that without Swagger, Foul Play isn't as reliable.

fek

Just tried the Battle Institute for the first time. My last battle had a Tauros with Toxic/Protect/Double Team.

In other news, I need to clear up some space. So any want some Mareeps leftovers?

Males:
5x HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def
1x HP/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed
2x HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Speed

Females:
2x HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def
3x HP/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed
3x Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed

Can I have one of the HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def? Any gender is fine. Anything you are looking for?

Bred at least one 5 IV (? attack) Timid Gastly today. Took forever so I stopped a bit and switched over to Phantumps.

Then I got this:

Careful, Harvest
31/31/31/?/31/31

AWW YEAH.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm a little over .500 in singles ranked, but my team ATM is:

Timid Protean Froakie (ice beam, grass knot, uturn, extrasensory) Life Orb

Jolly Thick Fat Mamoswine (Earthquake, Rockslide, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash) Assault Vest

Jolly Multiscale Dragonite (Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Rock Slide, Outrage) Leftovers or Weakness Policy

Jolly MegaLucario (Swords Dance, Crunch, Bullet Punch, Close Combat)

Adamant Huge Power Azumarrill (Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Play Rough) HP-restore Berry/Splash Scale

Timid Gengar (Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond) Focus Sash

This team is ballin'. All 4-5IV outstanding's with perfect EVs/natures. When I lose, it's due to skill and rarely pokes; there's not many Pokemon combinations that scare me too badly. Protean Froakie usually starts and if he KOs the first Pokemon in the first hit, it's usually a wrap.

Dragonite is the Brave Bird/Aegislash counter. Mamoswine is just a baller(used on dragon heavy teams). Azumarrill owns dragons and walls. 1 belly drum and it's just a match-ending super murderer. Lucario for walls like Ferrothorn and Snorlax. Gengar is usually destiny bond bait for anything else that falls through the cracks(Rotom!!!).

The only thing I consistently have trouble against is Mega Mawile/Trick Room teams. Everything else is cool.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to get both.

That's true, just saying that without Swagger, Foul Play isn't as reliable.

I guess if you factor in both Recover and Taunt, Metal Burst becomes a lot more viable. Do you know whether MB is affected by the type chart, or if it's like Counter/Mirror Coat and just does flat damage?

Top Bottom