• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, I'm been using Sweet Scent to get Hordes in Terminus Cave for half an hour, and I still haven't found an Aron horde. :( I need that Hidden Ability!

CrimsonN0

Ugh, I'm been using Sweet Scent to get Hordes in Terminus Cave for half an hour, and I still haven't found an Aron horde. :( I need that Hidden Ability!

Going to Heavy Slam everything?

Also, remember that even an Aron horde appears it might not have its Hidden Ability.

When I'm grinding my pokemon in the elite four with exp share, is there any reason for me to bring less than 6? will the others get exp faster if there's less pokemon in the party?

When I'm grinding my pokemon in the elite four with exp share, is there any reason for me to bring less than 6? will the others get exp faster if there's less pokemon in the party?

The elite 4 is already too easy. You shouldn't be grinding at all. If you've been using the exp share all game you're already probably horribly over-leveled.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, just got my first Aron Horde. Took a while to check all of them with Entrainment, since they kept using Roar. None of them had their Hidden Ability. :/

The elite 4 is already too easy. You shouldn't be grinding at all. If you've been using the exp share all game you're already probably horribly over-leveled.

I'm leveling my competitive team on the elite 4. They're all level 1 and I just finished ev training them, was just seeing what the fastest way to get some of them to 85 would be.

macklelol

I'm leveling my competitive team on the elite 4. They're all level 1 and I just finished ev training them, was just seeing what the fastest way to get some of them to 85 would be.

You should check the move reminder once those Pokemon evolve to its final evolution. A lot of Pokemon can get their higher level attacks instantly through move reminder. So a lot of the time, you don't need to level a Pokemon past 50 to battle with.

Meier

I am trying to breed a good Purrloin. My Liepard had a few maxed IVs and a breeder Purrloin has a different one. I'm trying to breed an offspring with 3 maxed IVs but it seems like they won't breed. One is a male and the other is a female. What gives? Does it just take a very long time? My first time not using a Ditto.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, second Aron Horde without Heavy Metal.

Does anyone have an Aron, preferably female, with Heavy Metal that they don't need? I don't really have anything good to offer, but I can catch a 2 IV Ditto from the Friend Safari (I also have some other Pokémon I can catch, like Togepi and Sableye)

I am trying to breed a good Purrloin. My Liepard had a few maxed IVs and a breeder Purrloin has a different one. I'm trying to breed an offspring with 3 maxed IVs but it seems like they won't breed. One is a male and the other is a female. What gives? Does it just take a very long time? My first time not using a Ditto.
Takes a while if you are the OT of both and they are different Pokemon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You have the same chance of getting an egg if you were breeding with a Ditto; you need the same Pokemon to increase chances of an egg.

OK guys, here's the sitch: daripad needs a new partner for the doubles tournament for reasons beyond his or my control. If anyone who isn't currently an entrant would be willing to step up to the plate and help him, I'll reward you with a greater prize should you win the tournament.

Thanks everyone, and happy battling!

Gah I give up with this Female Espeon.
During this process I got 18 Timid Male Eevees with 31/X/31/31/31/31.
Why couldn't one of them be female. T_T
Edit: They're up for trade, most of them have Anticipation.

Ugh, second Aron Horde without Heavy Metal.

Does anyone have an Aron, preferably female, with Heavy Metal that they don't need? I don't really have anything good to offer, but I can catch a 2 IV Ditto from the Friend Safari (I also have some other Pokémon I can catch, like Togepi and Sableye)
Why do you want Heavy Metal? You'll lose it when you Mega Evolve, and isn't Rock Head better for standard Aggron?

Aw yes, it finally happened. My journey is complete. I caught all of the Pokémon in the Kalos dex.

BZ3m-YZIIAA6ENi.jpg

The journey was long, but I braved through it. Shoutouts to Restaurant Le Wow and the GTS.

By the way, the Scyther + Metal Coat trick is godlike. It totally got me 1/2 of the legendaries in the game. Shoutouts to Restaurant Le Wow for helping me level up.

Sure felt good getting this. In all my years of Pokémon, I never completed any of the dexes. Gonna try my hand at going for the National Dex in the future after the Bank is opened.

TWILT

Banned
Sure felt good getting this. In all my years of Pokémon, I never completed any of the dexes. Gonna try my hand at going for the National Dex in the future after the Bank is opened.

Damn, congrats man. I don't have the patience to catch them all, so getting the Oval Charm by SEEing them all is good enough for me. :p

Sigmaah

All I have is a Beldum that's 31/31/31/31/31/x for trade... Help a bro out? : D

Quest1

HD, can I have one? I think I have 5iv Charmander or Bagon you can have in return, that or 4iv venipede or some ddance stealth rock larvitar

Korosenai

Ooh... Anything you're looking for? I think I have a 5 iv Joltik.

Okay, I have a bit of an odd request: breeding perfect Nidoran with only 3 IV Ditto is giving me premature grey hair, so I'm looking to borrow a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs. The catch is that one of the 4 needs to be in HP (the only stat I'm missing), but none of the 4 can be Attack (which I have no need for). I'll give whoever is willing to help a shiny to hold onto as collateral, as well as their choice of any of my spare IV bred Pokémon after I'm done using the Ditto. If anyone can hook me up, just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm available.

PBalfredo

I'm always in need of good IV eevees. I got 4IV Larvitars and Mawiles and 5IV Charmanders to trade.

Okay, I have a bit of an odd request: breeding perfect Nidoran with only 3 IV Ditto is giving me premature grey hair, so I'm looking to borrow a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs. The catch is that one of the 4 needs to be in HP (the only stat I'm missing), but none of the 4 can be Attack (which I have no need for). I'll give whoever is willing to help a shiny to hold onto as collateral, as well as their choice of any of my spare IV bred Pokémon after I'm done using the Ditto. If anyone can hook me up, just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm available.
Ah, I have one, but it's HABC v_v

Top Bottom