• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Sigmaah

That feeling you get when your batch of eggs surprises you with 2 5v adamant mold breaker drillbur...... FUCK YES LET'S GO!!! And another set of 2 4v ones with mold. Thank fucking god this happened, feels good!

YOU NEED TO EGG ON RAPID SPIN?! FUCK NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyone got a 4v rapid spin move pokemon that breeds with drillbur? Help!

PBalfredo

Are those Physical Charmanders? :0

I got ones with perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Defense, but they are Modest since I was breeding for Mega Charizard Y.

Edit: More specifically I have:

Two 31/31/31/31/x/31

Two 31/31/31/31/31/x

Three x/31/31/31/31/31

One 31/31/x/31/31/31

One 31/31/31/x/31/31

One 31/x/31/31/31/31

All Modest

spiritfox

That feeling you get when your batch of eggs surprises you with 2 5v adamant mold breaker drillbur...... FUCK YES LET'S GO!!! And another set of 2 4v ones with mold. Thank fucking god this happened, feels good!

Em Excadrill learns Rapid Spin? Just Heart Scale after evolution.

I got ones with perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Defense, but they are Modest since I was breeding for Mega Charizard Y.

Edit: More specifically I have:

Two 31/31/31/31/x/31

Two 31/31/31/31/31/x

Three x/31/31/31/31/31

One 31/31/x/31/31/31

One 31/31/31/x/31/31

One 31/x/31/31/31/31

All Modest
Can I get the Charmander with
31/31/31/X/31/31 :0
Do you want the Eevee to have Anticipation and/or a nickname?
3523-2245-8198
Andy

macklelol

Hell, Drilbur learns Rapid Spin at level 5.

Meier

If you are breeding two different species together, is the offspring always the same as the mother? Seems like my Froakie and Skrelp have always been Skrelps...

Aw yes, it finally happened. My journey is complete. I caught all of the Pokémon in the Kalos dex.

The journey was long, but I braved through it. Shoutouts to Restaurant Le Wow and the GTS.

By the way, the Scyther + Metal Coat trick is godlike. It totally got me 1/2 of the legendaries in the game. Shoutouts to Restaurant Le Wow for helping me level up.

Sure felt good getting this. In all my years of Pokémon, I never completed any of the dexes. Gonna try my hand at going for the National Dex in the future after the Bank is opened.

Do you get anything special for catching all the Kalos Pokemon or no?

You're welcome. Thanks for the trade. My Eevee army starts here!

I dont have many 5IV pokemon that I'm not using, but would you be interested in trading another of those Modest Charmanders? It's the last pokemon I need on my team.

I have a gible, tyraut, and a mawile @ 5IVs with proper nature. I also have Imposter 2 IV dittos of every nature.

Sigmaah

Who here needed the Froakie with 4vs and was offering the Xern? I have an extra Froakie I found that you can have and I don't need the Xern. PM me or reply back so I can give you this thing : D

So happy with the Double perfect drillbur, dunno what to do next... Also got a 5v drillbur with sand rush, swaggy. 3 5v drillbur in like a halfie or so. Maybe I can dominate battle maison with Garchomp-Sand Veil, Tyranitar-Sand Stream, and Excadrill-Sand Rush? (T-Tar first obviously) Loving dat sand tho lol.

PBalfredo

I dont have many 5IV pokemon that I'm not using, but would you be interested in trading another of those Modest Charmanders? It's the last pokemon I need on my team.

I have a gible, tyraut, and a mawile @ 5IVs with proper nature. I also have Imposter 2 IV dittos of every nature.

If your Gible is male, I'll take that. It'll allow me to start breeding with the female 4IV Gabite I have. If not, is your Tyrunt female? Any particular Charmander you want?

I refuse to buy things with BP that can be found in other ways. Iron Ball will be mine.

On that note, having a 6IV Pokemon makes breeding so much easier.

EDIT:
That makes the fifth Prism Scale I've found. Along with 14 Sun Stones, 8 Moon Stones, and countless Rare Candies and other stuff.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have like 3000+ BP so I never have to fear about running out.
It serves as a constant reminder of my constant losses.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Super singles is some bullshit man. Did the up the effects activating rate? If I get a confusion most of the time I'll hit myself for two turns straight. Every flinching move is 90% guranteed to flinch. WTF.

HawthorneKitty

Super singles is some bullshit man. Did the up the effects activating rate? If I get a confusion most of the time I'll hit myself for two turns straight. Every flinching move is 90% guranteed to flinch. WTF.
If you don't give them a chance to flinch/confuse you, it won't be a problem.

everyone, grab your Serene Grace Togekiss when battling this guy :p

anyway holy crap the amount of event legendaries was ramped up in recent generations
looks like I have to trade, uh.....something for them eventually

MicH

OK guys, here's the sitch: daripad needs a new partner for the doubles tournament for reasons beyond his or my control. If anyone who isn't currently an entrant would be willing to step up to the plate and help him, I'll reward you with a greater prize should you win the tournament.

Thanks everyone, and happy battling!
Does he still need a partner? I can step in, I'm in Europe though

Antiwhippy

Yeah, most mold breaker pokemon can just straight up kill magic bouncers anyway.

Also I hate japanese players who take forever to do their turns. Don't waste my time. I'm just gonna disconnect.

Yeah, most mold breaker pokemon can just straight up kill magic bouncers anyway.

Also I hate japanese players who take forever to do their turns. Don't waste my time. I'm just gonna disconnect.

Japanese players getting that VGC timing practice in
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Antiwhippy

OHKO moves like fissure hitting me on first try?

Sure battle spot.

edit: maybe it's just the RNG hating me today. I've gotten more flinches and criticals playing today than I did for the for the entirety of me playing X and Y online before today.

Which is why I fucking hate battle spot sometimes. One flinch and you're done.

Do you get anything special for catching all the Kalos Pokemon or no?
As you probably know seeing gives you oval charm from the professor (breeders joy) while owning then all gives you the certificate.

Otherwise, just what is shown in that post. Shame the certificate image can't be saved to your SD card (IIRC you could print out the GSC one using the Game Boy printer). Maybe when Miiverse rolls out the screenshot function could work...

Speaking of which I finally got my oval charm. I'm a dirty person who used a level 82 Scyther Adamant Technician HABCSV Scyther (I like to think I have ethics and standards by using such a creature). Of course last night I had to endure Diggersby/Bunnelby breeding with Miensho, took forever to get eggs and I've now got the 5IV Bunnelby I was after.

Oval charm shall help with my next projects (6IV Meinfoo*, 5IV Minnico with the IVs in the right place).

*-6IV creature as 2 egg groups? Yes please.

yaesir

I caught a Lax Zapdos,

the IV guy says i have max in Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense.

Should i keep it? The speed is 159, with max IV speed it would be 166.

I have been trying to get a good one for 4 hours :/

Antiwhippy

Just do something else while doing ranking battles.

I could be battling someone else who doesn't delay the hell out of me during those times.

That's why I really hope that they will implement a turn timer. What good is a match timer going to do if you can delay one turn on it?

Firestorm

How about stop taking 5 mins per turn? Trust me, I've counted.

I'll forfeit if I'm outmatched, most of my 135 losses are forfeits, but don't force a forfeit through time delays.
Turn limit is 60 seconds in ranked which is a more than acceptable amount of time to take to make your move. Is it different in Singles? Also, after discovering that something was released publicly today, I'll be taking the full turn limit when playing online as well.

Dear Game Freak: Please stop being incompetent.

MegaMelon

Aww yiss. Finally got my bro timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Volcarona. I just want to give it a hug :S

Would Excadrill be a good partner/core? It hits rocks, bugs and fires super effectively, since they all resist Volc's STABS. Although I'd need to go and breed one *sigh* actually speaking of breeding I still need to do:

Excadrill
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Metagross
Salamence
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise
Absol
Alakazam
Aerodactyl
Mawile
Hydreigon
Haxorus
Lucario
Abomasnow
Noivern

Amongst others. Honestly, breeding is the post game for xy x_x

Antiwhippy

Turn limit is 60 seconds in ranked which is a more than acceptable amount of time to take to make your move. Is it different in Singles? Also, after discovering that something was released publicly today, I'll be taking the full turn limit when playing online as well.

Dear Game Freak: Please stop being incompetent.

Wait, when did they implement that? I actually just noticed it today. Which is exactly what I wanted.

You know what, I've probably been douchebag and letting my frustration make the time limit feel longer. Goddamn. Could have sworn that I've had turns that exceed the 5 min mark in the past.

HawthorneKitty

I could be battling someone else who doesn't delay the hell out of me during those times.

That's why I really hope that they will implement a turn timer. What good is a match timer going to do if you can delay one turn on it?
There's a 60 second turn timer, no?

Firestorm

Wait, when did they implement that? I actually just noticed it today. Which is exactly what I wanted.

You know what, I've probably been douchebag and letting my frustration make the time limit feel longer. Goddamn. Could have sworn that I've had turns that exceed the 5 min mark in the past.
It has been 60 seconds since I started playing I'm pretty sure. It might be made shorter as the Standard ruleset now has a turn timer of 45 seconds with 15 minute match limits (it was 60 seconds / 20 minutes last season). Not sure when or if it will be implemented online.

Antiwhippy

It has been 60 seconds since I started playing I'm pretty sure. It might be made shorter as the Standard ruleset now has a turn timer of 45 seconds with 15 minute match limits (it was 60 seconds / 20 minutes last season). Not sure when or if it will be implemented online.

15 min match limits? For me battle spot singles are 30 min limits.

Man, today I realised that I've just been an impatient idiot. I guess that I've had passerby battles that stall on time and just assumed that it carries onto battle spot, so I just disconnect when it doesn't happen quick enough. Now I feel terrible.

Firestorm

15 min match limits? For me battle spot singles are 30 min limits.

Man, today I realised that I've just been an impatient idiot. I guess that I've had passerby battles that stall on time and just assumed that it carries onto battle spot, so I just disconnect when it doesn't happen quick enough. Now I feel terrible.
It's 30 minutes on battle spot yes. I mean that official offline tournaments will be using 15 minute match limits in 2014.

As far as Battle Spot goes, do you get opponents that disconnect on you? How frequently?

Antiwhippy

I've had a few, but I'm not good enough to have it that often. 120-something wins and 140-something losses so far. Most people when they're about to lose to me usually just forfeit.

Firestorm

Ah ok. I've been wondering if they still do that thing where they pair up disconnectors with other disconnectors. Not sure if they only used to do that for online competitions or if it was a part of the regular ladder as well though.

So a question about pokebank for when it opens up. If i transfer a volcarona with giga drain over, will i be able to breed giga drain onto larvestas? Because I dont think giga drain is an egg move for larvesta in this game.
Is there any way to test beforehand (i.e. same egg group gets Giga Drain, someone might have tried on Smogon)? I have a feeling the answer is no because GF feel that some TM moves and tutors were a mistake (Stealth Rock and Superpower on way too many things for instance). Some creatures do get egg moves that cover lost TM coverage though (e.g. Shroomish with Focus Punch...thing has no arms).

This opens up the problem of "its not fair, guy using Pokegen transferred over a Superpower Scizor with perfect IVs. I thought GF were anti-hacks" I have a feeling official tournaments will require Pokemon to be bred and raised in Kalos which just leaves randoms online.
Oh who am I kidding, the RS remake will include all the BW2 Move tutors and some more like parting shot for all pranksters.

Antiwhippy

Ah ok. I've been wondering if they still do that thing where they pair up disconnectors with other disconnectors. Not sure if they only used to do that for online competitions or if it was a part of the regular ladder as well though.

Well I haven't really disconnected that frequently. :p Maybe once every 30 or so battles where I find one who takes too long (though now I know it's just me being too impatient), but if it's my loss I just forfeit.

Top Bottom