• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

What do you have?

I'm fine with whatever honestly. Got too many of them.
I have a lot of stuff. Larvitars w/DD and Pursuit, Tyrunts w/ Fangs and DD (eggs), Bagons w/ DD and Hydro a Pump (eggs), Togepi w/ Nasty Plot, Larvesta, Scyther, Ferroseed w/ Leech Seed and Stealth Rocks, Beldum, Ralts w/ Destiny Bond, Pinsir w/ Close Combat and Quick Attack, Eevees w/ Wish

Sigmaah

I don't think I wanna breed anything, especially after getting this 5v drillbur... I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY THE REAL GAME.

Where does one find Tyranitarite and Aggronite? I have both X and Y and 2 3ds's so UaK I can get them, just don't know where lol.

I have a lot of stuff. Larvitars w/DD and Pursuit, Tyrunts w/ Fangs and DD (eggs), Bagons w/ DD and Hydro a Pump (eggs), Togepi w/ Nasty Plot, Larvesta, Scyther, Ferroseed w/ Leech Seed and Stealth Rocks, Beldum, Ralts w/ Destiny Bond, Pinsir w/ Close Combat and Quick Attack, Eevees w/ Wish

The larvitars you have, they 5v? I'd like one with those moves if it's 5v! I can trade a 5v drillbur : D

Korosenai

Yeah. Sane for something with Dragon Dance. It's awesome

I've made so many people forfeit with a double boosted Volcarona just because they don't know how to stop it.

And also on a side note, I just realized I really want to train an Electivire. Time to find a good electric friend safari.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

After the drubbing I took from mega pinsir I think I'll take a pinsir. :p Actually I'll take a scyther if you can.

GGs NeonMJ, thought I had you but that mega pinsir can really wreck.

Whippy don't you dare take that Ralts with Destiny Bond

Talonflame would wreck that, though.

Why would I let my gardevoir die? :<

Sigmaah

I've made so many people forfeit with a double boosted Volcarona just because they don't know how to stop it.

And also on a side note, I just realized I really want to train an Electivire. Time to find a good electric friend safari.

Fuck, might wanna breed myself one now... Luckily I got a friend who's safari has Electabuzz.

Fuck, I might also wanna breed a Magmortar...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT AGAIN.

Korosenai

Whippy don't you dare take that Ralts with Destiny Bond

Talonflame would wreck that, though.
True, good thing I haven't seen too many Talonflame's lately. Azumarill wrecks it too with aqua jet.

Fuck, might wanna breed myself one now... Luckily I got a friend who's safari has Electabuzz.

Fuck, I might also wanna breed a Magmortar...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT AGAIN.

You should totally catch me one, and then i'll breed some and hook you up with a 4v or 5v on later in return :p

Antiwhippy

Yeah I need to look up on how sucker punch works again. I thought it would attack priority too if the priority user was slower? I know that this absol has absolutely maxed out its speed stat.

If only I went for something other than sucker punch.

Antiwhippy

Oh wait, now I know why. I gave absol an attack boosting nature instead of a speed boosting one. Maybe I should have made it speedy...

Volcarona is one of the easiest Pokemon to boost. Late-game it's even easier. Quiver Dance boosts Sp.Def and any contact has 30% chance to burn, covering both bases, it's ridiculous.

Not with stealth rocks up.

*currently runs a stealth rocks and spikes team*

Holmes

God, Umbreon is useless. At least the tutors in B2W2 gave it something to work with. I dunno. I'm thinking Curse egg move with Brave nature in a Trick Room party. But its movepool is shit. Blagh.

Yeah, stealth rocks is a real pain in the ass for Volcarona.
I love using Volcarona so I hated its crippling Stealth Rock weakness at first, but it's such a powerhouse that I've come to regard it as fair.

AHA-Lambda

I've just bought myself a 3DS what version do I get X or Y? I haven't played pokemon since red & blue so I hope that's not a stupid question frankly nor do i want some big debate, what's the difference between them?

Holmes

I've just bought myself a 3DS what version do I get X or Y? I haven't played pokemon since red & blue so I hope that's not a stupid question frankly nor do i want some big debate, what's the difference between them?
Just exclusives and some mega stones. Since you haven't played since the first generation, you won't recognize most of them, so might as well just pick any of the two and discover all the new Pokemon for yourself.

It's not a stupid question.

A handful of pokemon are different. The biggest one is the Legendary pokemon on the cover.

There's also a mechanic called "mega evolution" which is a temporary in-battle powerup thing for certain pokemon. It uses an item to activate. Which items are available differs between versions too. The items are tradeable like pokemon are.

All the routes and cities and enemies are the same between the two versions so unless you strongly prefer one cover legendary to the other, or one version of mega charizard, it's pretty much a wash.

Shouta

Thinking about competitive play, I'm just gonna max out whatever pokemon I think looks cool and works with what I want to do. I'm not going to take it as seriously as other folks but it'd be nice, heh. I think Seattle is going to have an official tournament event in April? I can prep for that.

Tirael

Does anyone have a spare Prankster Klefki with good IVs to use as a starting point for a wall? PM me please.

Tirael
2552-1098-4530

upandaway

Thinking about competitive play, I'm just gonna max out whatever pokemon I think looks cool and works with what I want to do. I'm not going to take it as seriously as other folks but it'd be nice, heh. I think Seattle is going to have an official tournament event in April? I can prep for that.
I also just trained my 6 favorite Pokemon and it worked out great in a team. Then I got used to how easy it is to breed/train maxed out Pokemon and I'm currently making a second team of favorites. It's pretty great. Battling peeps is really fun too.

Tirael

I also just trained my 6 favorite Pokemon and it worked out great in a team. Then I got used to how easy it is to breed/train maxed out Pokemon and I'm currently making a second team of favorites. It's pretty great. Battling peeps is really fun too.
I think it's great, but putting all my favorites in a team means I have a terrible weakness to Fire. Good thing Houndoom is in there with Flash Fire.

Schmitty

Jolteon REALLY doesn't need its hidden ability either seeing as it can't be paralyzed

Yeah, you're probably right. Anyone have an extra female modest eevee with at least 3 IVs? I got the male w/ 4 and my female has 2 but without the right nature, and I really don't have the patience to get another female.

Firestorm

Yep! April 6th! See ya there =)

Shouta

Yep! April 6th! See ya there =)

Nice!

I need to grab a Ralts soon. Gardevoir was my go to during the Emerald campaign, more so than my Swampert. So I really like it. Blastoise is another. I kind of wanted Totodile too but it I don't know he's in this and another Water Pokemon would be overkill, lol.

Sigmaah

True, good thing I haven't seen too many Talonflame's lately. Azumarill wrecks it too with aqua jet.

You should totally catch me one, and then i'll breed some and hook you up with a 4v or 5v on later in return :p

Oh swerve? I gotchu bro. Any specific ball u need it in?

Captured a male with hp/atk and captured a female with atk/speed and they both have vital spirt, probs wrong nature tho, I can give u them when I get back from work.

Ultimadrago

Nice!

I need to grab a Ralts soon. Gardevoir was my go to during the Emerald campaign, more so than my Swampert. So I really like it. Blastoise is another. I kind of wanted Totodile too but it I don't know he's in this and another Water Pokemon would be overkill, lol.

Totodile isn't available until Pokemon Bank later this year.

Nice!

no Totodiles allowed, Kalos Dex only and all that
notable (i.e. viable) Pokemon that are obtainable in X/Y but banned from VGC:
Chansey/Blissey (sort of)
Togekiss
Hitmontop
Breloom
Ninetales
Volcarona
Gastrodon
Metagross
Excadrill

Shouta

Totodile isn't available until Pokemon Bank later this year.

Ah, I see. So that was what Sigmaah had mentioned.

Togekiss
Hitmontop
Breloom
Ninetales
Volcarona
Gastrodon
Metagross
Excadrill

So that tournament is anything that's in the Kalos Dex naturally right, i.e. base X/Y? Cool. Should be easy to find a team I like. Lots of cool stuff in there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Togekiss
Hitmontop
Breloom
Ninetales
Volcarona
Gastrodon
Metagross
Excadrill

Why are Volcarona, Metagross, Hitmontop and Gastrodon banned?

Korosenai

Oh swerve? I gotchu bro. Any specific ball u need it in?

Captured a male with hp/atk and captured a female with atk/speed and they both have vital spirt, probs wrong nature tho, I can give u them when I get back from work.

I'll take that female later. Just send me a pm when you're ready.

Firestorm

So that tournament is anything that's in the Kalos Dex naturally right, i.e. base X/Y? Cool. Should be easy to find a team I like. Lots of cool stuff in there.
Basically, these are the rules:
  • All matches are played in Doubles format
  • Pokemon above Level 50 will be brought down to 50 for the match while those below 50 will stay as-is
  • Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokemon after team preview
  • Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item.
  • Pokémon must meet all three of the following conditions to be eligible for use:
    1. Pokémon must be found in the Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex (Full list can be found here)
    2. Pokémon must have been obtained in Pokémon X or Y (identifiable by a blue pentagon on the stats screen)
    3. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are banned
With full formal ruleset displayed in non-PDF form here or PDF form here.

Yeah, you're probably right. Anyone have an extra female modest eevee with at least 3 IVs? I got the male w/ 4 and my female has 2 but without the right nature, and I really don't have the patience to get another female.
I would do it - I can guarantee at least 4 IVs on any Modest Eevee I breed - but I gotta beat Y first. I'm at Champion Road - er, I mean, Victory Road. Want to beat it before 8 so I'm probably going to go for it in a few minutes.

Shouta

Basically, these are the rules:
  • All matches are played in Doubles format
  • Pokemon above Level 50 will be brought down to 50 for the match while those below 50 will stay as-is
  • Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokemon after team preview
  • Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item.
  • Pokémon must meet all three of the following conditions to be eligible for use:
    1. Pokémon must be found in the Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex (Full list can be found here)
    2. Pokémon must have been obtained in Pokémon X or Y (identifiable by a blue pentagon on the stats screen)
    3. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are banned
With full formal ruleset displayed in non-PDF form here or PDF form here.

Oh, neato. Thanks! I'll take a look. I shouldn't have peeked at the full list because I'm still going through the game but oh well! lol.

Wish Raichu had a higher overall total. That rat is so ugly but so lovable.

Top Bottom