• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Firestorm

Oh, neato. Thanks! I'll take a look. I shouldn't have peeked at the full list because I'm still going through the game but oh well! lol.

Wish Raichu had a higher overall total. That rat is so ugly but so lovable.
Raichu can be a cool Pokemon and I've though of using it. Gets Fake Out along with Encore off what is now a 110 speed stat I believe. Also gets Lightningrod which can re-direct electric attacks away from your partner and boost its special attack for strong Thunderbolts. It's incredibly frail though :(

And not ugly :mad: Cuter than PIkachu.

Raichu can be a cool Pokemon and I've though of using it. Gets Fake Out along with Encore off what is now a 110 speed stat I believe. Also gets Lightningrod which can re-direct electric attacks away from your partner and boost its special attack for strong Thunderbolts. It's incredibly frail though :(

And not ugly :mad: Cuter than PIkachu.

what are you talking about man, Pikachu is amazing competitively
in Smash Bros
and I agree, Raichu is cooler

Holmes

Balls, I wish Lovely Kiss had slightly higher accuracy. I'm thinking of running Lovely Kiss and Nasty Plot on Jynx, but I don't know if Dry Skin is really useful? I guess the strategy is to predict water moves and switch in for a recovery? But that seems a bit risky. I dunno.

Wait, did transferring from HG/SS to B/W2 revert the balls to Pokeballs?

Nope, they stayed in whatever they were in in HG/SS. I would assume that they would stay the same in X/Y too, the Pokeball store in Lumiose has the lowres/Center/Hall of Fame models of the Apricorn balls on the shelves.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Nope, they stayed in whatever they were in in HG/SS. I would assume that they would stay the same in X/Y too, the Pokeball store in Lumiose has the lowres/Center/Hall of Fame models of the Apricorn balls on the shelves.
Awwwwwwwww yeah, time to catch some stylized Pokemon then.

Sigmaah

Jesus Christ the whole GFaqs trading board is filled with people wanting to trade perfect shinnies for other perfect shinnies...

And you can clone pokemon?!!? DA FUQ. Seems risky.

Fuck, I gotta get into this instacheck shit asap.

Item Box

Anyone have a noivern on their team? Every time i try to build one, it has (naturally) great speed, but falls flat everywhere else and usually cant survive more than one hit. It's still pretty weak after giving it max EVs in special attack too :\

Dreweyes

Hey guys! Sorry for the shameless post, but I figured some of you would be interested in
this sweater I designed with all 151 Pokemon on it! Cheers! :)

Available here: http://www.theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=swf-catchm

RZZs2Ua.jpg

Anyone have a noivern on their team? Every time i try to build one, it has (naturally) great speed, but falls flat everywhere else and usually cant survive more than one hit. It's still pretty weak after giving it max EVs in special attack too :\
Well, how are you trying to use it? Tell us some of the sets you've tried, yo.

Sigmaah

Hey guys! Sorry for the shameless post, but I figured some of you would be interested in
this sweater I designed with all 151 Pokemon on it! Cheers! :)

Available here: http://www.theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=swf-catchm

RZZs2Ua.jpg

The minute I get paid Wednesday, I'm getting one. Shit is amazing bro. Good shit.

Wait cloning is already a thing?

Ya I guess so. You need 2 3ds's and there is a chance that the Pokemon can be overwritten.

Tiamant

Limber Stunfisk, most pointless ability alongside Quick Feet Jolteon and Levitate Rotom-Fan (admittedly the last one isn't completely pointless, but hey)

Limber still helps against other non-electric paralysis, doesn't it? Or now electric types are inmune against ALL kinds of paralysis?

Ricky 7

I don't get how sucker punch works. Does it always go first if you're opponent is going to attack? I can't beat Mega Kangaskhan with this move.

No, it means you are bad.
:(

Looked it up. Oh my god this is so nostalgic. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GAME FREAK HOW'D YOU FUCK THIS UP THIS WAS IN RED AND BLUE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyways, I'll learn it later. I want to have all of my competitive mons on both games so I'm ready at all times. If I do decide to give things away the clones will be labeled "Clone". Mostly just want the convenience, though.

PK Gaming

Oh, neato. Thanks! I'll take a look. I shouldn't have peeked at the full list because I'm still going through the game but oh well! lol.

Wish Raichu had a higher overall total. That rat is so ugly but so lovable.
Don't we all!

Raichu was my favorite Pokemon for the longest time (and on some level it still is)

Gamefreak gave it a pretty significant boost to Speed, but I doubt that'll make much a of a difference. It's definitely "usable" though. (Though if you're using it as a Special Attacker, you'll probably want one with Hidden Power Ice, which is extremely hard to get as of now)

Hopefully it gets a Mega form.

EDIT: I find it funny that everyone forum i've been to before GAF despised Raichu.

Shouta

I heard from Sigmaah while he was helping me last night that if you get a foreign (like JP) Pokemon, that it'd help you get a Shiny one easier during breeding? Anyone got info on that?

I heard from Sigmaah while he was helping me last night that if you get a foreign (like JP) Pokemon, that it'd help you get a Shiny one easier during breeding? Anyone got info on that?
Basically, if you breed two Pokemon from different language games (you'll see a black tag with ENG, SPA, and the like next to their names on the status screen), the chance of getting a shiny child is 6 times the usual.

Shouta

Basically, if you breed two Pokemon from different language games (you'll see a black tag with ENG, SPA, and the like next to their names on the status screen), the chance of getting a shiny child is 6 times the usual.

Oh. Badass. I've got a Japanese Pikachu so I was thinking of trying that, lol.

DedValve

Banned
All right, whose the retard that decided that megastones can ONLY be caught during 8-9 pm?

I'm time traveling like crazy and I can't find the kangaskhanite!

I already fought my rival and talked to the professor so I don't know whats going on. This is driving me insane. I have my team fully ev'd and I just want to grab 1 megastone and move on.

Are you still trying for the Male Nidoran?

Yes. I've been breeding for one with Hustle and perfect IVs in HP, Def, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def and Speed for the past four days and have come to the conclusion that the RNG hates me and might play nicer if I smashed my Nidoran against a 4IV Ditto for a while. I'm not gonna give up though; Nidoking is the lynchpin of my B-Team.

All right, whose the retard that decided that megastones can ONLY be caught during 8-9 pm?

I'm time traveling like crazy and I can't find the kangaskhanite!

I already fought my rival and talked to the professor so I don't know whats going on. This is driving me insane. I have my team fully ev'd and I just want to grab 1 megastone and move on.

Its on the glittering cave. Go to the first right, it will be in the end of the path.

Yes. I've been breeding for one with Hustle and perfect IVs in HP, Def, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def and Speed for the past four days and have come to the conclusion that the RNG hates me and might play nicer if I smashed my Nidoran against a 4IV Ditto for a while. I'm not gonna give up though; Nidoking is the lynchpin of my B-Team.
I've got a Female Nidoran w/Hustle and
31/X/31/31/31/31 you can borrow.

Yeah it does breed, Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.
I got my Timid Male Nidoran 31/X/31/31/31/31 by breeding a Female Nidoran and Male Eevee.

Oh wow, I'm such an idiot. Breeding female Nidoran with my perfect male Eevee would've made the process a lot faster -_-;

I'd really appreciate it if I could borrow that Nidoran from you. I'll give it back as soon as I'm done! (My FC's in my profile, btw)

Oh wow, I'm such an idiot. Breeding female Nidoran with my perfect male Eevee would've made the process a lot faster -_-;

I'd really appreciate it if I could borrow that Nidoran from you. I'll give it back as soon as I'm done! (My FC's in my profile, btw)
Yeah sure, my Nidoran is Modest though.
3523-2245-8198
Andy

Schmitty

I would do it - I can guarantee at least 4 IVs on any Modest Eevee I breed - but I gotta beat Y first. I'm at Champion Road - er, I mean, Victory Road. Want to beat it before 8 so I'm probably going to go for it in a few minutes.

Ok thanks but I just eventually got to 3 w/ the avg 20+ so I'm fine with that. I would be interested in having an Eevee with at least 4 IV if you have extra. Just shoot me a PM and we can arrange a trade sometime if you still want to.

Top Bottom