• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Is Roost/Swords Dance/Bullet Punch/Thief a good moveset for Mega Scizor? The intention is to set up with two or three Dances and then go for a sweep, but I can't find two moves that offer universal coverage. BP is a must of course, and the second slot is a puzzle since Bug moves offer STAB but bad coverage, Brick Break offers nice utility but relatively low damage, and Thief offers 90 base power at the expense of its secondary effect being negated.

Any thoughts?

Marz

Anybody want some of my 4&5 IV reject Larvitars? I have a box full pursuit and stealth rock egg moves, various natures. PM me if interested.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Awesome, thanks! Is there anything you do need? I just threw the aron out cause I couldn't think of anything else.

FC: 5386-8488-5618

Don't really need anything. You could just trade me whatever you want. I have too many shroomish in my box anyway.

FC is 5000 2377 2427.

Antiwhippy

That's alright. That quick feet shroomish also has bullet seed, which is all the egg moves you need really.

Just remember not to evolve it before 45 for spore.

Sigmaah

Anybody want some of my 4&5 IV reject Larvitars? I have a box full pursuit and stealth rock egg moves, various natures. PM me if interested.

Got adamant with 31/31/31/x/31/31? Or jolly with those iv's?

Also, do I need black/white or black/white2 to transfer Pokemon to pokebank or will my soul silver will do?

That's alright. That quick feet shroomish also has bullet seed, which is all the egg moves you need really.

Just remember not to evolve it before 45 for spore.
That's awesome! Saved me the trouble of having to get bullet seed and a jolly natured one.

Thanks for the tip, too. I wanted Spore for it but forgot about checking the level requirement.

CrimsonN0

Vs. Rain Dance team:

ATZW-WWWW-WWW3-ANFH

Luckily I had Tyranitar to keep changing the weather back.
Also, it really seems whenever someone MegaEvolves Gyarados they're really just making it weaker.

Antiwhippy

Vs. Rain Dance team:

ATZW-WWWW-WWW3-ANFH

Luckily I had Tyranitar to keep changing the weather back.
Also, it really seems whenever someone MegaEvolves Gyarados they're really just making it weaker.

M-gyarados can be dangerous if you know how to make use of mold breaker.

Sort of trying to battle online, am being shown how cripplingly weak it is to certain types of teams D: (well tbh, I got a bit lazy with the type spread - bulky waters, flying fairies and Tyranitar shut me down)

Gonna have to train up more than just 6 Pokemon I like, lol

WonderPup

I'm breeding Solosis galore right now, and I've finally got two parents with 31/x/31/31/31/0. Their ability is Overcoat, and obviously I'd like it to be Magic Guard.

Here's my question. Does the fact that both parents have Overcoat make the babies more likely to have Overcoat, too? I wouldn't think so, but ever since those became the parents, only 3 out of the last 25 babies have been Magic Guard. Is it not a 50/50 chance?

CrimsonN0

I'm breeding Solosis galore right now, and I've finally got two parents with 31/x/31/31/31/0. Their ability is Overcoat, and obviously I'd like it to be Magic Guard.

Here's my question. Does the fact that both parents have Overcoat make the babies more likely to have Overcoat, too? I wouldn't think so, but the ever since those became the parents, only 3 out of the last 25 babies have been Magic Guard. Is it not a 50/50 chance?

The female ability is more likely to be passed down.

Schmitty

Macho brace and Pokerus stack, correct? So if I clear a horde of Whismurs worth +2 HP then I will be receiving 5 * 2EV * 2Pokerus * 2Macho Brace = 40?

Because my Super Training graph doesn't seem to be representing this

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Macho brace and Pokerus stack, correct? So if I clear a horde of Whismurs worth +2 HP then I will be receiving 5 * 2EV * 2Pokerus * 2Macho Brace = 40?

Because my Super Training graph doesn't seem to be representing this
You get 20, not 40.

Holmes

What do you guys think is a better ability for a bulky mixed wall Goodra, Sap Sipper or Gooey? First I thought Gooey, but nothing will be slower than it with relaxed nature and no investment in speed, even after a speed loss (or two). On the other hand, resistance to grass moves seems really tempting to me now for some reason...

Korosenai

What do you guys think is a better ability for a bulky mixed wall Goodra, Sap Sipper or Gooey? First I thought Gooey, but nothing will be slower than it with relaxed nature and no investment in speed, even after a speed loss (or two). On the other hand, resistance to grass moves seems really tempting to me now for some reason...
Sap Sipper. I've been using Gooey but Sap Sipper is much better.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Gooey unless you can bait a grass move because another member of your team has a blatant weakness to Grass. It's all circumstantial, but I don't run into many grass moves.

Is Roost/Swords Dance/Bullet Punch/Thief a good moveset for Mega Scizor? The intention is to set up with two or three Dances and then go for a sweep, but I can't find two moves that offer universal coverage. BP is a must of course, and the second slot is a puzzle since Bug moves offer STAB but bad coverage, Brick Break offers nice utility but relatively low damage, and Thief offers 90 base power at the expense of its secondary effect being negated.

Any thoughts?

Would 252 HP/252 Attack or 252 HP/252 Sp. Def be a better build for a Mega Scizor? Is the extra bulk worth sacrificing for more killing power?

Quoting my two Scizor conundrums for the new page. Could anyone offer some advice? I've only ever played the Sciz as an all-out attacker, so a bulky spread is a bit foreign to me.

Top Bottom