• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

I should have clarified, I meant in Super Doubles, Triples, Rotation, and Multi. Already did Super Singles.

Thanks for the answers though.

I should have clarified, I meant in Super Doubles, Triples, Rotation, and Multi. Already did Super Singles.

Politoed/something with Rain Dance + Scizor wrecks shop. You're bulldozing through foes while taking half damage from its only weakness.

Hitmontop + Sweeper is also pretty good, as is Storm Drain Gastrodon + anything weak to Water.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I don't even remember what my Super Doubles team was...
Rotation should still be the same as Singles though.
Look for a leading Typhlosion in multis and lead off with your own MegaZard Y.

ZenaxPure

My triples team that I cleared the maison with was:
Rotom-w (252 HP/252 Sp def) for dual screens
Prankster Sableye (252 HP/252 Sp def) obvious role
Talonflame (EVs still in testing) for tailwind then suicide
Mega Mawile (252 HP/252 Atk) sweeper
Goodra (252 HP/252 Sp atk) bulky sweeper
Greninja (252 Sp atk/252 Speed) as the clean up guy.

Greninja in particular I feel like is key to the whole thing. With tailwind up nothing is faster than him (assuming the enemy doesn't have tailwind) so outside of priority attacks if I send him in mid-game with tailwind + matblock I got an entire free turn to dish out damage. It turned the tide in a lot of battles.

Also I used this team to reach top 50 in rated triples (top non-japanese player for a while too). Still would be, but, gotta love running into perish song teams multiple times where it's a coin flip if you'll win or not.

Obviously in the maison YMMV, but, I don't really advise 6 sweepers, with that team I made it to 50, and, am currently sitting in the 90s, still haven't lost. I've been raking in massive amounts of BP with it.

Ah, screw it. Does anyone have a high-IV Technician Scyther they'd be willing to trade/let me borrow? I'm offering a high-IV Adamant Poison Heal Shroomish w/ Focus Punch, a high-IV Nidoran with Hustle, or many other things. Adamant Nature would be nice as well, but not necessary!

Korosenai

Thanks Holmes!

edit: Also Charlie, I actually don't have any Shellder's left. The only two I have left for breeding (Kept one for ev training and another one of the opposite sex) don't like each other and won't give me a baby -.-

Yeah, none of the in game formats use Sleep Clause.

Cheers! Having a lot of fun with this if anyone fancies a watch -

ZSGG - WWWW - WWW3 - AYLK

HUFG - WWWW- WWW3 - AYLH

Thanks Holmes!

edit: Also Charlie, I actually don't have any Shellder's left. The only two I have left for breeding (Kept one for ev training and another one of the opposite sex) don't like each other and won't give me a baby -.-

Don't worry about it, it wasn't urgently needed anyway!

MicH

Ah, screw it. Does anyone have a high-IV Technician Scyther they'd be willing to trade/let me borrow? I'm offering a high-IV Adamant Poison Heal Shroomish w/ Focus Punch, a high-IV Nidoran with Hustle, or many other things. Adamant Nature would be nice as well, but not necessary!
I have a few. All are Jolly (I have perhaps one Adamant). Unfortunately they all have 31 IVs in SpA, but I have a lot with 5 IVs

I too have Jolly Scyther with good IVs, and a spare 6 IV'd one...

If you can offer me something with 6 IVs, the trade can happen if The Price Is Right(tm).

Edit: aw I need to get rid of this guy.

Sigmaah

Uh let's see

4IVs:
-Aron
-Axew
-Bulbasaur
-Torchic
-Solosis

5IVs:
-Zorua

I'd love the Zorua! It has 5vs in the right stats it needs right? What nature too?

The drillbur is adamant and has the right iv's in the stats it needs.

Nub of course u can! What you got? : D

Actually, u gave me the extra 5v Goomy you had right? Well, I have to repay the kindness so I gotchu bro, I'll trade tonight when I get back home from work.

Korosenai

I'd love the Zorua! It has 5vs in the right stats it needs right? What nature too?

The drillbur is adamant and has the right iv's in the stats it needs.

Nub of course u can! What you got? : D

Actually, u gave me the extra 5v Goomy you had right? Well, I have to repay the kindness so I gotchu bro, I'll trade tonight when I get back home from work.
Haha thanks man!

That's be great, do you want anything for it?

Nope, you can just have it. You ready to trade?

Marz

Alright friends, I have fixed my internet connection problems and I'm back in the game! Which means giveaway time. If you want any of the following, PM me your FC, your in-game name, and when the best times to trade for you would be. My FC is in my profile.

Some Pokemon in exchange would be appreciated, but not necessary for these ones. If you have nothing to offer then I'll give it to you for free.

3x Gale Wing Adamant Fletchling
3x Jolly Scale Jolly Dratini w/ Dragon Dance
3x Huge Power Adamant Marill w/ Belly Drum
3x Serene Grace Modest Togepi/Togetic w/ Nasty Plot & 1x Hustle Modest Togetic w/ Nasty Plot (male)
3x Guts Adamant Larvitar w/ Pursuit and Dragon Dance
5x Unaware Relaxed Wooper w/ Recover
3x Strong Jaw Adamant Tyrunt w/ Dragon Dance, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang
4x Prankster Adamant Riolu w/ Bullet Punch, Crunch
4x Technician Adamant Scyther
2x Rough Skin Jolly Gibble w/ Outrage & 1x Sand Veil Jolly Gibble w/ Outrage
3x Flame Body Timid Larvesta
3x Sturdy Adamant Bergmite
3x Levitate Timid Gastly w/ Disable
3x Levitate Modest Rotom
3x Mega Launcher Quiet Clauncher w/ 0 Speed IVs
3x Thick Fat Adamant Swinub w/ Stealth Rock, Icicle Crash
3x Clear Body Careful Klink
3x No Guard Brave Honedge w/ 0 Speed IVs
3x Sturdy Bold Carbink
3x Clear Body Adamant Beldum
3x Natural Cure Timid Staryu
3x Skill Link Adamant Minccino w/ Aqua Tail
3x Infiltrator Jolly Zubat w/ Brave Bird, Defog

These two Pokemon require something equivalent in exchange:

1x Female Mega Launcher Quiet Clauncher, 31/31/31/31/31/0
1x Female Swift Swim Modest Poliwag, 31/31/31/31/31/31

Any chance I can get a female scyther and a gastly?

I have some 5 IV charmanders,a Fenniken, and Froakie

Holmes

Marz, I'll take a Fenniken. And since you quoted the list, I'll make a quick update here. No more Staryus, Gastlys and Serene Grace Togepis left (but I do have a male 4 IV Hustle Togetic).

Marz

Marz, I'll take a Fenniken. And since you quoted the list, I'll make a quick update here. No more Staryus, Gastlys and Serene Grace Togepis left (but I do have a male 4 IV Hustle Togetic).

Are you offline??

Edit: Thanks a lot man! You're the best!

Holmes

Sorry, is anyone here named Markus? You offered to trade me but I don't think I remember adding someone with that name and I don't know what you even want. :? Sorry.

Anybody have a technician shroomish or breloom they could give me? I don't care about ivs or anything! Not sure what I have in exchange. Maybe a adamant rock head/head smash Aron?

I'd really appreciate it!

Josman

Alright friends, I have fixed my internet connection problems and I'm back in the game! Which means giveaway time. If you want any of the following, PM me your FC, your in-game name, and when the best times to trade for you would be. My FC is in my profile.

Some Pokemon in exchange would be appreciated, but not necessary for these ones. If you have nothing to offer then I'll give it to you for free.

3x Gale Wing Adamant Fletchling
3x Jolly Scale Jolly Dratini w/ Dragon Dance
3x Huge Power Adamant Marill w/ Belly Drum
3x Serene Grace Modest Togepi/Togetic w/ Nasty Plot & 1x Hustle Modest Togetic w/ Nasty Plot (male)
3x Guts Adamant Larvitar w/ Pursuit and Dragon Dance
5x Unaware Relaxed Wooper w/ Recover
3x Strong Jaw Adamant Tyrunt w/ Dragon Dance, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang
4x Prankster Adamant Riolu w/ Bullet Punch, Crunch
4x Technician Adamant Scyther
2x Rough Skin Jolly Gibble w/ Outrage & 1x Sand Veil Jolly Gibble w/ Outrage
3x Flame Body Timid Larvesta
3x Sturdy Adamant Bergmite
3x Levitate Timid Gastly w/ Disable
3x Levitate Modest Rotom
3x Mega Launcher Quiet Clauncher w/ 0 Speed IVs
3x Thick Fat Adamant Swinub w/ Stealth Rock, Icicle Crash
3x Clear Body Careful Klink
3x No Guard Brave Honedge w/ 0 Speed IVs
3x Sturdy Bold Carbink
3x Clear Body Adamant Beldum
3x Natural Cure Timid Staryu
3x Skill Link Adamant Minccino w/ Aqua Tail
3x Infiltrator Jolly Zubat w/ Brave Bird, Defog

These two Pokemon require something equivalent in exchange:

1x Female Mega Launcher Quiet Clauncher, 31/31/31/31/31/0
1x Female Swift Swim Modest Poliwag, 31/31/31/31/31/31

Hey man is there any chance you could trade me one of those fletchings? I have protean froakies, adamant, modest, timid, naive, I can give in exchange.

Btw people I need friends for my safari, If Anyone wants to add me just send me a PM with your code and I'll give you a protean froakie :) I've got tons lol

Here's my code just let me know:

5172 - 1072 - 4775

Firestorm

I used Charizard @ Charizardite Y and Garchomp @ Garchompite as my leads with Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy and Zapdos in the back. Only the first three are really important there. Got up to 55 or so easy enough I guess.

For Triples my friend used LV1 Aron + Garchomp + Greninja I believe to hit 1000? forgot what was in back. I know Greninja and Aron for sure.

Holmes

Hey man is there any chance you could trade me one of those fletchings? I have protean froakies, adamant, modest, timid, naive, I can give in exchange.

Btw people I need friends for my safari, If Anyone wants to add me just send me a PM with your code and I'll give you a protean froakie :) I've got tons lol

Here's my code just let me know:

5172 - 1072 - 4775
Yeah, I have a Fletchling available. Can you PM me your details and we can maybe trade tomorrow around this time? I've done dozens of trades today and I'm burnt out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, why didn't you use close combat crimson?

Still, ggs man. Honestly if I didn't get rid of your volcarona and vileplume fast I would not have a chance of winning. That chesto/rest combination on volcarona is scary.

CrimsonN0

Huh, why didn't you use close combat crimson?

Still, ggs man. Honestly if I didn't get rid of your volcarona and vileplume fast I would not have a chance of winning. That chesto/rest combination on volcarona is scary.

Well, you still had Chandelure that you could've switched to.
Ice Punch wouldn't have really done much to it if you did, but it'd be something instead of Close Combat just doing nothing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah that's true, though I was hoping that play rough would just finish the job. Mega absol really needs prior damage support in order to do any late game sweeping.

Those games were fun man. Needed a lot of prediction, which is always fun. Though if your volcarona get 2 quiver dances in I might as well forfeit. :p

Top Bottom