• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Growlie19

Yeah, the Elite 4 was more like the Elite Bore. I was right at the champion's levels and I still swept with their respective weakness (I only had the Exp Share on when I needed to get another mon caught up. It stayed off for the most part). I defeated her mega Gardevoir one-on-one with my Gogoat. If they revisit Kalos, the game better get harder.

In other Poké related news, my shiny Volcarona has Hidden Power Grass, which will be a welcome substitute for Giga Drain for now. It swept Black Writ Wilkstrom and Siebold at level 70. She might be my best shiny I have, possibly beating out my Gengar back in Black 2 (though its Mega Evolution may change my mind).

Tirael

No. I just always used exp share. Ended with a lvl 80 Crobat, 78 Greninja, 77 Raichu, 75 Malamar, 68 Chandelure and 66 Venesaur. I didn't even grind that much either. Jesus.

Oh, I don't think Pokemon misbehave unless they're traded. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:
God dammit, I think I accidentally wonder-traded away my Everstone. Is there a way to get another one anywhere?
Rock Smash. Also commonly held by Roggenrola.

Atlantis

No. I just always used exp share. Ended with a lvl 80 Crobat, 78 Greninja, 77 Raichu, 75 Malamar, 68 Chandelure and 66 Venesaur. I didn't even grind that much either. Jesus.

Edit - Now I can start ALBW lol.

I've never even approached the badge level limit even with the EXP Share on constantly and the Pokemon Amie bonus. Did you grind?

joelseph

I have raised and trained the following:

Adamant Aggron @ Aggronite
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Def
252 Att
4 HP

Earthquake
Heavy Slam
Stealth Rocks
Rock Polish

Would a good flyer make for a good teammate? Looking for recommendations on what to start making next.

The Elite Four shouldn't have 4 Pokemon. It just shouldn't happen. It's also getting pretty pathetic for them to only have one type of Pokemon. They're the "Elite Four" because they're the best trainers in the region, they shouldn't just be another group of chumps who will be rolled if you have even one Pokemon with their weakness.

Tiamant

I lost my Destiny Knot and managed to get a second one from the Beauty in Lumine City, if I lose this one too am I screwed forever?

upandaway

31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Def
252 Att
4 HP

Earthquake
Heavy Slam
Stealth Rocks
Rock Polish

Would a good flyer make for a good teammate? Looking for recommendations on what to start making next.
Starmie was an amazing combination with my Mega Aggron. Not that Starmie isn't an amazing combination with anything, or that Mega Aggron isn't amazing even by himself, but y'know.

Didn't have much use for my Rock Polish though, ended up replacing it with Stone Edge. Too many flying types completely shut down Heavy Slam+EQ (anything heavy, anything resisting steel). Gyarados can just switch in and set up DDs all day long.

(by the way, that afro-mentioned starmie will handle gyarados, and any flying types, fabulously)

Sigmaah

yo, Sigmaah: I actually made a 31/31/31/X/31/31 jolly male tech scyther just now if you want it.

Oh swerve son? I'll take it since I'd rather have a male then the female I got lol.

Edit: got work now so I'll get it later tonight if you're on.

Also, your believing is real. Just now got 4 5v drillbur in one batch and 3 had mold breaker. Jesus Christ I'm gonna stock the fuck up on them drillburs!

Oh swerve son? I'll take it since I'd rather have a male then the female I got lol.

Also, your believing is real. Just now got 4 5v drillbur in one batch and 3 had mold breaker. Jesus Christ I'm gonna stock the fuck up on them drillburs!

Aw shit, nice work. :lol

I'll definitely be on later today. Weather's looking real shitty here so I doubt I'll be going out. Just hit me up with a PM when you're ready.

PK Gaming

31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Def
252 Att
4 HP

Earthquake
Heavy Slam
Stealth Rocks
Rock Polish

Rotom-W covers all of Aggron's weaknesses.

I have a couple of suggestions for your Aggron set.

-Without a doubt Aggron needs max HP investment. Without it, you take heavy damage from Special Attacks (nearly all of them will OHKO or do severe damage, even your Mega form) and the extra points in defense don't amount to much for much when you already an insane amount of defense anyway. Think about it this way; if you added a 100ml of water to an empty cup, and 100ml of water to an pool, what would be more noticeable?

-Your set is trying to do 2 different things; Set up Stealth Rock and use Rock Polish,which it can't do at the same time. Rock Polish wants more coverage moves (Rock moves for instance) and the Stealth Rock set would do well with Thunder Wave. My suggestion is to choose how you're going to build Mega Aggron and go from there.

Tiamant

Nope, she reappears in that alley every now and then.

Phew, good to know, thanks!

I have another doubt. I'm breeding a Shiftry and I don't know which nature to go with. Smogon says Adamant or Modest are the best options, but since Shiftry is a mixed attacker and I've planned the moveset accordingly I'm thinking about going for a neutral nature. I know they are not recommended, but really, would it be so bad?

Shouta

Ditto's can't breed with themselves, so you gotta catch them.

You can't breed Dittos, only catch them. You can catch Dittos in this place near the 8th gym and you can also catch them from the Friend Safari if one of your 3DS friends has beaten X/Y's Elite 4 and has been online at the same time as you at one point in time.

It is better to catch Dittos at the Friend Safari because the Friend Safari Dittos are guaranteed to have 2 perfect IVs.

Ah, yeah. I forgot that was the case. You'd think they'd be able to reproduce through like some crazy breeding mitosis or something, lol. I'll have to get some Friend Safari things going to get them.

That was the easiest elite 4 ever. It took me 10 - 15 minutes. The way EXP share works now is so broken.

It's pretty busted yeah but I dig it. I may turn it off to keep the rest of the game challenging but I've been using it up until now (just got the fossil) and most of my current Pokemon are pretty slightly beefy, lol. It made it harder to get an Absol last night and I missed my chance to get a few Bagons for the PokeDex.

PK Gaming

Ooh can I pre-order one of your Mold Breaker drilburs?

Holmes

Alright friends, I have fixed my internet connection problems and I'm back in the game! Which means giveaway time. If you want any of the following, PM me your FC, your in-game name, and when the best times to trade for you would be. My FC is in my profile.

Some Pokemon in exchange would be appreciated, but not necessary for these ones. If you have nothing to offer then I'll give it to you for free.

3x Gale Wing Adamant Fletchling
3x Jolly Scale Jolly Dratini w/ Dragon Dance
3x Huge Power Adamant Marill w/ Belly Drum
3x Serene Grace Modest Togepi/Togetic w/ Nasty Plot & 1x Hustle Modest Togetic w/ Nasty Plot (male)
3x Guts Adamant Larvitar w/ Pursuit and Dragon Dance
5x Unaware Relaxed Wooper w/ Recover
3x Strong Jaw Adamant Tyrunt w/ Dragon Dance, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang
4x Prankster Adamant Riolu w/ Bullet Punch, Crunch
4x Technician Adamant Scyther
2x Rough Skin Jolly Gibble w/ Outrage & 1x Sand Veil Jolly Gibble w/ Outrage
3x Flame Body Timid Larvesta
3x Sturdy Adamant Bergmite
3x Levitate Timid Gastly w/ Disable
3x Levitate Modest Rotom
3x Mega Launcher Quiet Clauncher w/ 0 Speed IVs
3x Thick Fat Adamant Swinub w/ Stealth Rock, Icicle Crash
3x Clear Body Careful Klink
3x No Guard Brave Honedge w/ 0 Speed IVs
3x Sturdy Bold Carbink
3x Clear Body Adamant Beldum
3x Natural Cure Timid Staryu
3x Skill Link Adamant Minccino w/ Aqua Tail
3x Infiltrator Jolly Zubat w/ Brave Bird, Defog

These two Pokemon require something equivalent in exchange:

1x Female Mega Launcher Quiet Clauncher, 31/31/31/31/31/0
1x Female Swift Swim Modest Poliwag, 31/31/31/31/31/31

Ive got one with 4 ivs but im not home right now. If i get home later and you still need it you can have it.

That would be fantastic, thank you! Anything you'd like in return?

Also, I'm not complaining but why doesn't Mega Kanga hit it self twice in confusion? This thing is so over-powered and I love it!

Holmes

How long will you be around? My 3DS battery is at red and I do not get out of work until an hour or two from now.

I'd love to have a Serene Grace Togepi + one of them Zubat + one of them Minccino.
Now until I go to sleep in 6 hours. PM me please with your offers.

Alright friends, I have fixed my internet connection problems and I'm back in the game! Which means giveaway time. If you want any of the following, PM me your FC, your in-game name, and when the best times to trade for you would be. My FC is in my profile.

Some Pokemon in exchange would be appreciated, but not necessary for these ones. If you have nothing to offer then I'll give it to you for free.

Gale Wing Adamant Fletchling
Serene Grace Modest Togepic w/ Nasty Plot
Clear Body Careful Klink
Natural Cure Timid Staryu

Would like these. FC is on my profile.

Will be online in 30 minutes I think. I can give you 4IV Bagon and 4IV Hawlucha.

NEO0MJ

I have another doubt. I'm breeding a Shiftry and I don't know which nature to go with. Smogon says Adamant or Modest are the best options, but since Shiftry is a mixed attacker and I've planned the moveset accordingly I'm thinking about going for a neutral nature. I know they are not recommended, but really, would it be so bad?

Well, unlike the psuedo-ubers Shiftry's Atk/S.Atk isn't high enough to support a mixed set. I mean sure you can do that but chances are your offensive potential will be lacking and won't cause much damage to your opponent. I guess if you're feeling risky you can use a nature like mild or lonely to boost one attacking stat without sacrificing the other at the cost of lower defense.

Top Bottom