• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

I've given up on "perfect" since that is still too hard, but 5IV is pretty easy.
A "perfect" Pokemon consists of it having (typically 5, could be 6 or 4 depending on the Pokemon, but for the most part it is just 5) correct IVs, nature, and ability for the Pokemon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, I meant it as something you can do right now instead of waiting for pokebank or praying you get something good in FS. :p

Wanace

Hi all,

I don't have anything to trade or anything but I want to fill out my friend's list so I can use the friend safari.

If you're willing to help me out send me a PM with your code or just quote me, mine is 0318-7547-2566. I'll be on for about another hour or 2.

Hoping to join you all in the breeding/battling mix eventually.

onslack

Hi all,

I don't have anything to trade or anything but I want to fill out my friend's list so I can use the friend safari.

If you're willing to help me out send me a PM with your code or just quote me, mine is 0318-7547-2566. I'll be on for about another hour or 2.

Hoping to join you all in the breeding/battling mix eventually.

i shall add you when im home buddy, i'll help in any way i can

Fury Sense

Eggsploit question:

If one rejects an egg (Egg 0), saves, and receives another egg (Egg 1), the IVs can be checked to determine the IV inheritance pattern which will certainly be unchanged if the game is reloaded from the save, and the parents in daycare are replaced. Egg 1 will simply be laid by different parents. To skip to the next pattern, Egg 1 can be rejected and Egg 2 can be acquired after saving.

My question is whether the rejection is necessary to preserve the predictability beyond the first egg. For example, if I reject Egg 0, save, then receive Eggs 1-5 and hatch them all, will I be able to restart, switch the parents, and hatch eggs 1-5 with new species? Or will my new eggs be Eggs 1, 2', 3', 4', and 5' (prime)?

upandaway

Dangit. I keep pressing "No" by mistake when it asks me if I want Game Chat.

Whippy I wanted to challenge you after I evolved my Seadra but oh well.

Antiwhippy

Ahaha, I can see why you forfeited.

You still up for some matches or GGs for today?

Getting the ability capsule for rock head was worth it.

upandaway

Hey, don't spy on my Pokemon! But I guess you haven't seen his item so that's one thing left, better watch out~

edit: are you waiting for me to challenge you or what. 3v3 again?

Fury Sense

razor claw

when it hits

287706-319.jpg

Antiwhippy

Well luckily critical damage turned from 2x to 1.5x. :p So with sniper it'll be 2x. Which still sucks. But not as much as 3x.

upandaway

I'm never fighting Gastrodon ever again.

edit: you should know at this point I'm just scouting on your team by letting Kingdra do nothing, since I only wanted him for Aggron. end me already!

Antiwhippy

Nah, you just need to learn about really annoying abilities like flash fire and storm drain. :p Also not to get too greedy with sword dance.

NEO0MJ

Nah, you just need to learn about really annoying abilities like flash fire and storm drain. :p Also not to get too greedy with sword dance.

Greed is good, you just have to make sure that your opponent doesn't have a pokemon with sturdy if you didn't set up rocks. I lost my pinsir once because of that.

upandaway

The truth about the SD was that I forgot to check my moveset again. I only had that and Sucker Punch, so I knew there's nothing I can do. After going through 2 other Pokemon that had 2 and 3 moves each, I just gave up on trying to out-predict you and just barrage through with the Pokemon I have. I still performed terribly though so that's not an excuse, haha.

It's your fault because you caught me off guard with the challenge when I just got back home!

Antiwhippy

The truth about the SD was that I forgot to check my moveset again. I only had that and Sucker Punch, so I knew there's nothing I can do. After going through 2 other Pokemon that had 2 and 3 moves each, I just gave up on trying to out-predict you and just barrage through with the Pokemon I have. I still performed terribly though so that's not an excuse, haha.

It's your fault because you caught me off guard with the challenge when I just got back home!

Haha, sorry man. I think I got lucky too because you probably don't know what my pokemon can do, like absol running fire blast. You should get play rough on mawile though. She can tear shit up with that move and you don't have rely on something as unreliable as sucker punch.

Still, if you have a grass type you can exploit my gastrodon's 4x weakness.

upandaway

Yeah I don't even want Sucker Punch on her. The Fire Blast definitely caught me off guard but I thought if you stay in you must have a 2HKO of some sort.

As far as coverage goes I plan on mixing random teams between all the 12 I have, so I'll have Lilligant on more often than not. I don't really care about building a balanced team, it's all good fun.

PK Gaming

I don't understand why they made it so expensive if it's not infinite use OR doesn't work to change it to a hidden ability or a hidden ability to a normal ability. :/
Seriously

I would gladly fork over 500BP if I could change DW abilities. Yesterday, I got 2 flawless IV Froakies...

Both were Torrent.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I don't even want Sucker Punch on her. The Fire Blast definitely caught me off guard but I thought if you stay in you must have a 2HKO of some sort.

As far as coverage goes I plan on mixing random teams between all the 12 I have, so I'll have Lilligant on more often than not. I don't really care about building a balanced team, it's all good fun.

For me I like building teams based around a gimmick. Like a trick room team or my current steath rock/spiking team. Which doesn't work sometimes because aggron dies to so many things. :( Still love the big guy though.

NEO0MJ

Seriously

I would gladly fork over 500BP if I could change DW abilities. Yesterday, I got 2 flawless IV Froakies...

Both were Torrent.

Probably to control which pokemon ave access to them. It seems that sometimes GF just puts a HA there to fill the slot, even if they have no intention of releasing it, such as Shadow Tag Chandelure in BW. When they finally gave it its hidden ability in XY they changed it to infiltrator.

Can confirm cloning glitch to be legit. Yay, now I can have all my competitive mons on both games! \o/

What are the risks of using it? Not interested in using it personally but would be nice to know.

Fury Sense

forgot to add egg moves, who wants larvitar? premier balls

as
ha_ds
ha_ds
hads
haas
adds
ha_ds
haads
a_ds
adds
haad
hadds
haads
haads
haad
hadds
hdds
hadd
egg

edit for new page:

Eggsploit question:

If one rejects an egg (Egg 0), saves, and receives another egg (Egg 1), the IVs can be checked to determine the IV inheritance pattern which will certainly be unchanged if the game is reloaded from the save, and the parents in daycare are replaced. Egg 1 will simply be laid by different parents. To skip to the next pattern, Egg 1 can be rejected and Egg 2 can be acquired after saving.

My question is whether the rejection is necessary to preserve the predictability beyond the first egg. For example, if I reject Egg 0, save, then receive Eggs 1-5 and hatch them all, will I be able to restart, switch the parents, and hatch eggs 1-5 with new species? Or will my new eggs be Eggs 1, 2', 3', 4', and 5' (prime)?

Top Bottom