• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

upandaway

Good games Lazy, I never have anything for that Salamence. If only the Focus Sash was on my Espeon I could have used Dazzling Gleam on it, but oh well. It's always the dang Salamence!

Good games Lazy, I never have anything for that Salamence. If only the Focus Sash was on my Espeon I could have used Dazzling Gleam on it, but oh well. It's always the dang Salamence!

You had, I just made sure I coud use it without problems. Giving a Pokemon Choice Scarf can be a bad thing sometimes. Because of it I could set a Dragon Dance.

Oh, just found out why Firestorm said he's taking the full time limit now when playing online rating battles. I suggest that you all do the same, and don't use any gimmicks that rely on surprise. You thought hacks were bad? Oh my God, you've seen nothing yet...
How does one go about this? In sick of battling in one game and breeding in the other lol.
First you need two 3DS's.

Do a trade, and after the trade animation is done, there will be a dialogue box on the bottom screen. "Communicating..." or something like that. The moment it pops up go "1 mississippi... 2 mississippi... 3 mississippi" -> Turn off power on the 3DS that received the Pokemon you want overwritten. Then go to the other 3DS and do the same.

If you did the timing right on the first 3DS then the other 3DS should be "Communicating". If you get the error instantly you fucked up that one's timing. If you did that part right but the trade proceeded normally then your timing on the other 3DS was off. Likely too early.

It takes some experimentation to get the timing down.

upandaway

You had, I just made sure I coud use it without problems. Giving a Pokemon Choice Scarf can be a bad thing sometimes. Because of it I could set a Dragon Dance.
No yeah, that's what I mean, you took it out late enough that I had nothing for it. I kinda tried to keep Meowstic alive for it, but I messed that up badly. Dunno if Jumpluff hitting the sleep would have changed the outcome of the first fight though, I'd have to get a long enough sleep cycle on top of that.

I gave my Flygon a scarf after Whippy made nothing of him without it, haha. I guess I'm just not using Flygon well enough.

Thanks for the horsea and larvesta upandaway! Let's battle?
Yeah I'm good, gimme a second to switch up my team.

edit: i don't see you online

EDIT: What Coltraine said. Keep it to vague-ish warnings, please. Last thing we need is someone actually naming the damn thing. Most players likely aren't using it but let's be honest - there are a few dicks out there.
Edit: preying shark, if I fuck up, does anything happen?
There are three things that will happen:

-The trade will have been cancelled
-The trade will go through
-You will have successfully cloned.

GameFreak put in safeguards to make trading idiot proof. Cloning will always be possible due to the Two Generals' Problem, so GF probably decided to not worry too much about that and to instead just make trading as safe as possible. There have not been any legitimate reports of bad things happening.

KiraFA37

Anybody willing to trade me an Aron? Best and only pokemon that I have that has some value is a Goomy with Gooey. For the rest I can go out and catch some Yclusives.

I haven't played this game for over 3 weeks and today is my birthday. So first thing I do is entering a pokemon center, next thing they are popping confetti and the nurse is congratulating me, telling me they I hope I'll keep visiting for years to come (wait what?). There is a cake on the top screen and special pokecenter music can be heard. Pleasantly surprised by this :).

h8863C3ED

Pacific Rim x Anything is awesome, but this one get a special mention for making Feraligatr legitimately frightening.

Holmes

lol Rotom. I got 5 IVs on Rotom, Carbink, Beldum, Staryu and Klink during a 12 hour flight a week ago.

And it was unenjoyable. Feels so good though.

Wichu

lol Rotom. I got 5 IVs on Rotom, Carbink, Beldum, Staryu and Klink during a 12 hour flight a week ago.

And it was unenjoyable. Feels so good though.

Why would you do that to yourself.

Also got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Snorlax just now. It's in a Poké Ball though (female Snorlaxes in non-Poké Balls are a bitch to get hold of). If anyone has a female Dive Ball Snorlax they could donate, I would totally rebreed just for that :p

Pokemon Black Market crash incoming?!
I think I'll kill the value of Manectite and Charizardite Y over Thanksgiving weekend. I'll make a thread on NB offering to trade them for this very rare Pokemon called "Bidoof". ;P

But seriously, I *will* be giving those away over the weekend. Not sure what sites I'll hit, but GAF will be the first target.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Why would you do that to yourself.

Also got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Snorlax just now. It's in a Poké Ball though (female Snorlaxes in non-Poké Balls are a bitch to get hold of). If anyone has a female Dive Ball Snorlax they could donate, I would totally rebreed just for that :p
...I got a Luxury one!

Wichu

I think I'll kill the value of Manectite and Charizardite Y over Thanksgiving weekend. I'll make a thread on NB offering to trade them for this very rare Pokemon called "Bidoof". ;P

But seriously, I *will* be giving those away over the weekend. Not sure what sites I'll hit, but GAF will be the first target.

If it was Aggronite rather than Manectite, I'd be all over that.

Also, thanks for reminding me I should try cloning my Mega Stones :)

Sigmaah

If anyone decides to clone one of their 5v shiny pokemon.....Holla at jurrboi, UaK I'll take one : D

Also, GFaqs is saying there's basically an instacheck for battling, people can see your whole team, ev's, iv's, moves, what move you picked for the battle, and some more I think. If true, that is some wild shit.

Top Bottom